• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you love who you suck with?

iliveanddie

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0361-8837-5420
Does anyone here really have fun playing with a character they suck with? For instance, I can't win a battle with Mario if my life had depended on it. However, I get a thrill when I play with him. I also have a lot of fun playing with wolf, even though I'm not as disgustingly horrible with him.
Same thing with Diddy. I can't play him at all, and I consider him one of my worst. However, I love the hump-your-face move, and seeing his face when he tosses a banana can only put one on yours.

So the question is, Who do you love to play with, despite your horrble playing skills with them?

This can also apply to stages, too. Maybe you suck on a course, but love it.
I love Corneria. Cant win on it, but I love it.

Is it just me or is that title very easily misinterpreted?
Haha, sorry about that one. I'm not really good at picking names.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I think a thread like this had already been created, but probably died.

Anyway, I find Yoshi fun to play as, but I'm pretty bad with him.

My Sonic could also use improvement. :ohwell:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I tend to lose against people better than me when I use my bad characters. :)
I main Mario and Ness, but just because I lose to the 14 Snakes that I play regularly doesn't mean I don't have more fun than them.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I love playing Donkey Kong even if I'm not great with him. There are few things as fun as headbutting opponents into the ground, doing a down taunt, and then Donkey Punching them.

-headbutts, shrugs, DONKEY PAUNCH-

The_Prince

Smash Cadet
It's gotta be PT for me. I love the idea of three in one, but it never works out for me. Lol, I even play so nooby with them.
Squirtle: withdrawwithdrawwithdrawwithdrawusmashusmashusmash!!!
Ivysaur: bulletseedbulletseedbulletseedbulletseedusmashusmashusmash!!!
Charizard: rocksmashrocksmashrocksmashrocksmash!!!
Those moves are so sexy. They're addictive, I swear.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'd say Jigglypuff kind of, but more on the side of Meta Knight and Snake.

They are pretty fun characters, I just can't seem to do much with them since I can't use them right most of the time. (especially Snake, so much difficulty mortar sliding and.. well.. everything..)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I only like characters i play good with. If i play bad with a character i don't like them..... besides IC.

Ok so I love ICs but I suck with them xD (CGing is fun)

but other character i Can't use is Falcon... >_> yea i don't care about him.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I suck with Samus and Falcon. Samus can be fun. Samus Dittos are reallllyyy intense. It's like slow-mo.

Falcon is, in many ways, a horrible character, but he's simply too hilarious. Falcon punch is perfect for revenge KOs.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm terrible with the Ice Climbers, but I still use them. Also, Distant Planet is a great stage, but whenever the giant Bulbmin shows up, I try way too hard to get my opponent in its mouth. It's very distracting.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I LOVE to play as Bowser. I like his crawl. And I crawl a lot during matches.

Too bad I suck with him.

Zielmann

Smash Cadet
The answer to this lies in what you are trying to achieve through playing. If you just want to have fun, then you'll enjoy it no matter who you're playing as (mostly). If you're taking it seriously and trying to win, you're going to stick with the two or three characters who you are good at, and then make it not fun for those who just want to have fun.

I play to have fun, so I use random a lot. The only character I don't enjoy so much is Snake, cause he's, well, too different for me. And when I random Pit, I'll kill myself as quickly (or stupidly) as possible.

Other than that, I sometimes even enjoy using Jigglypuff. I'll usually just try to rest people, or spam sing somewhere, and not really care when I die.

Capt. Falcon is great fun to play, and I often use Yoshi because I want him to be better than he is.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I thought a thread like this would of been made ages ago with like 15 pages or something. But yeah, I think just about everyone plays Ganon/Falcon for rofls.

I play Ganon, Falcon, Sonic and Bowser. They're hilariously bad lol. I go random quite a bit (hence the random icon next to my name), I don't actually have a main and I've been playing this game since the Japanese version came out.

c3gill

Smash Ace
yea... Ganondorf and Jiggs. My Lucario and DDD are pretty ridiculous also, as i try to do stuff that I dont know the specifics of and end up looking like I dont know how to play.

but its all word, I love Ganon and DDD, and I cant do anything with them.

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Haha... not really! If I suck with a character, it's probably because I didn't love it enough to put the practice in.

I guess the only character I really like who I'm not that great with is Captain Olimar..

DeadDisco

Smash Cadet
<3 CF all the way! As long as I can land the almighty Knee of Justice as finishing blow or a Falcon Punch. I'll be satisfied to the very end of the day.

Mr.Game n Pwn <3 I rock with him, but if I just go J-hammer crazy I suck~ =( Can't resist those god dam 9s!

Top Bottom