• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you like fighting against your main ?

miken1999

Smash Rookie
The win is more meaningful because everyone wants to prove that your main is better.
No excuses why you lost.

REL38

Smash Lord
I really hate dittos with my mains. I can't CG against other IC'S, I lose to mediocre Kirby's and ROB's, too many explosives on the field with two Snakes.

I could care less with other characters. Ike and steak dittos are the best. I'd just rather switch out if I'm gonna be facing dittos with my main.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike dittos are Pirate Ship, Jab, Dair, Fair and Aether only, no non-water spiking KOs. >_> Boring.

Falcon Dittos on the other hand........yays for random falcon punches!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Mirror matches are fun, especially against my main (although if I lose, it stings)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i love to fight against my main
cuz i wanna know how many mario mainers exist who are better then me
if i win, i know that i'm better then him
and if i lose i have a new challenge ; )

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
I HATE DIddy dittos.

I DESPISE them. There's nothing worse than a Diddy ditto, in my opinion.

It's all just a mess of bananas and dash attacks...AGH. I can't even think about it.

If I were to be faced with the choice of using Diddy against Diddy, or using my far less skilled secondary, Marth or Tink, I would choose the secondary.

I would have to disagree with your theory, Miken.
Your theory should be re-worded.
Sure, you UNDERSTAND more about that character (your main) as opposed to characters that you don't main, but that doesn't necessarily mean they would be the easiest to FIGHT. For example, let's say you main Metaknight. Would you have a better chance of beating another equally skilled Metaknight user, or an equally skilled Donkey Kong? Of course, most people would agree that you would have a much easier time beating the Donkey Kong.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I enjoy dittos. Too bad there are no other active ZSS around PR, and the only other Kirby main can't make it to tourneys most of the time...

... But I find Snake dittos extremely awesome and fast-paced! Yes, I'm a rusher, thank you ZSS and kirby! :D

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Falcon dittos... you can compete your opponent's priotity! That's no longer a problem! That's one of the funny dittos. Ganon dittos are funny as well, and grab release with Wario against other Wario!

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I don't use Sonic but to be honest, I can't really imagine a Sonic Ditto, it takes long enough to even finish the match. But I can imagine something like Side Special continuously going left to right and vice versa.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I hate dittos because I play Peach and Diddy. As Siren said, there's nothing worse than a Diddy ditto. Honestly, it's not even funny, just frustrating.

Peach dittos are a little better, but not much. Requires waaaayyy too much thinking.

There is a special place in my heart for Falcon dittos, however :)

llBluBll

Smash Cadet
I don't really like dittos because my main is Falco but I like dittos with my 2nd (Snake). Dunno why xP and Falcon dittos are really fun to do (:

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I like going against other Sonics I run into in With Anyone. I've played against some very good Sonics on here and been wrecked... gets to not be fun after a while.

tekkie

Smash Master
Can't fight against Wolf. I'm the only one who uses him much so when someone does use him it's insane. :(

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Trainer dittos are pretty interesting. With three characters, you never know what can happen, and the same kind of match can't happen twice.

... But in general, I hate dittos because in the back of my mind there's always the issue of "who's the better user?", which of course dittos can't determine, but you still have that in your head.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Falco dittos are a pain.
I hear it's first to a CG + spike, or so my friend says. :laugh:

The ZSS dittos I've played weren't really fun, imo... we play defensively with the same side-B zoning and neutral-B traps that neither fall for. Booooring. :tired:

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I mostly use fun characters like Mario / Ike / Samus / Sonic, so I love dittos. I'd hate dittos if I only played as D3/ Falco though.

Everyone should play more dittos regardless of whether you like them. You can learn a lot against players you lose to. Also, when the ditto is between two players' MAINS, the game is very fun b/c you already know the limits of your character, so predicting/punishing becomes awesome.
One last note: unless you're CG'ing, dittos make the game vastly more skill based, which rocks.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I mostly use fun characters like Mario / Ike / Samus / Sonic, so I love dittos. I'd hate dittos if I only played as D3/ Falco though.

Everyone should play more dittos regardless of whether you like them. You can learn a lot against players you lose to. Also, when the ditto is between two players' MAINS, the game is very fun b/c you already know the limits of your character, so predicting/punishing becomes awesome.
One last note: unless you're CG'ing, dittos make the game vastly more skill based, which rocks.
That's understandable; skill is what matters in a mirror.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
actually no, he can be very annoying at times.
espacially when people dunno how to use him.

rraws

Smash Rookie
only when i see the other player playing really bad. Since I main zero suit I come across people who have absolutely no idea how to play as her...they cant recover, spam her side b and keep using the Fsmash, its really annoying. However when I come across good zero suit players it is fun. This would happen for any character but since zero suit plays a bit differently than others the mistakes are more obvious.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
MK dittos are kind of fun I guess, but they're a pain to watch.
I think MK dittos can be Powerful and Good, if the players don't use a lot the Mach Tornado.

MK dittos are Crazy ...

Anyway another example of Good Dittos, I guess.

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
I main game and watch, amongst a few others tying for a close second, and I'd have to say the game and watch dittos are pretty fun and can be quite intense... however same goes for metaknight... I hate snake dittos and I'm not a huge fan of facing a Marth equal to my own either... just the honest truth...

Sieguest

Smash Master
I find IC dittoes hilarious...it's already a four person brawl...you desync and it's WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!
(especially when your buddy randomly squalls off the stage...Rofl moment)

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
Depends on the character. Some character dittos just feel extremely bland. I don't actually main any single character so I'm set.

Top Bottom