• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do the stages actually kill us, or is it our own fault?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I agree with agreeing to end this thread.

/end thread

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I agree with prolonging this thread by posting /endthread every time. This post makes me a n00b, doode.
/end thread

Hiyayayah!

Smash Cadet
I think it's a bit of both, but stages that can kill you are kinda fun, and do make things interestin :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
I agree with prolonging this thread by posting /endthread every time. This post makes me a n00b, doode.
/end thread
You kill yourself. The stage doesn't make you imput certain controls at any given time. You do. Therefore, it's your fault. Not the stages.

And with that being said, 1+ post for this thread.

/end thread.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
this thread is over?
well Ill give my input anyway
I believe people kill themselves by falling into the traps.

bowser jnr

Smash Rookie
but what if you are owning and someone knocks you into the lava ane fluke a hit an u lose. that dosent involve any skill[/COLOR]

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Stop typing the word "end" in between the "/" and the word "thread". The "/" means end.
Lol i knew there was something weird about that! Whats even sadder is the fact that i took web design last year xD.

Anyway, since you people obviously don't want to end the thread, then i have no choice but to defend my case :/

As i was saying a few pages ago, the hazards create a distraction. Instead of going on to attack your opponent, you notice a hazard and think "Shoot, i can't, i need to avoid that **** lava wave." Hazards can also impede your current combo. Lets say i was Gonzoing someone. I start with the grab, Fthrow, Uair, and before i can grab again a bullet/lava/W/e the hazard is on a specific stage hits and interrupts the combo. The hazards are simply a nuisance in competitive play >.>.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Mmmm, but those uncompetitive stages can still help you to practice stuff. Like, Spear Pillar can help you master timing in an actual match, much like slowing down time to perfect something faster in training mode. Or Spear Pillar can help you master reversed controls so you aren't gimped by stuff like Mario's cape.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mmmm, but those uncompetitive stages can still help you to practice stuff. Like, Spear Pillar can help you master timing in an actual match, much like slowing down time to perfect something faster in training mode. Or Spear Pillar can help you master reversed controls so you aren't gimped by stuff like Mario's cape.
Or not.

And Spear Pillar can also help you practice stalling by running away using the loop, or gay kills via the awkward edges on the sides...

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Stage hazards are mostly just nuisances. Norfair lava and Brinstar acid CAN kill you, but I guess in the end, they are things you must learn to avoid.

Hmm...is it just me or did the warning signs for cars in Onett get smaller in Brawl?

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I dont think they got smaller. :laugh: I really cant say anything that hasnt been said already. IMO I think most of the time the stage hazards dont kill us unless we let them. Pirate Ship, for example gives you a clear indication of where the cannon is going, if you dont move, its your own fault! :)

On Spear Piller, you see it coming and unless you are Ganon or Bowser, you can evade it. So I think we just let the stages kill us.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
It's our own fault, not the stages. We as humans need something or someone to blame in order to make us feel better when something goes wrong.

3rd Ice Climber

Smash Cadet
Climbin' For eggplants in the icy suburbs of MD
YES!!IT WAS TOALLY MUCHLAZ'S FAULT FOR EATING MY F**KING MAXIMUM TOMATO!!

o wait,were talking about stages lol

Most are your fault,but some like Lylat criuse where the stage tips AWAY from the diraction your trying to recover from(>_>) are kinda unavoidable...

..stupid Lylat thingy..

Full Metal X

Smash Cadet
The advantages and disadvantages of a stage are offered to everyone playing. Anyone who claims a stage kills them is a brat that can't accept a mistake on their part.

RandomLink

Smash Rookie
The only stage I think total just messes with you is Halbred. That arm and energy wave really annoyes me sometimes, but there mostly aviodable. So I think we let some stages kill us. Unless your opponet throws you into a hazard.

$gt.Monkey

Smash Rookie
I agreee with the post on top of me I usauly (Bad Spelling) let the stages kill me like the dragon thing on new pork for fun though.When im going full force my oppents through me into the hazard and kill me.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
For that, simply go to training mode and change the speed :p.
As for the reverse controls...comon, seriously? xD

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Heh, it's easier when you've played games that flip the screen upside down and force you to reverse in a final boss fight. (KatAM)

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Well it depends. This is probably the most obvious answer. If the stage interferes with the gaming or gameplay then its the stage(ex: fish at IC"s, claw shot at mk's,etc). If you kill yourself with a wolf for exm at final destination by hitting the stage just beside the corner, its oyur mistake of miscalculating, etc or its a inevitable loss. As simple as that.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Well it depends. This is probably the most obvious answer. If the stage interferes with the gaming or gameplay then its the stage(ex: fish at IC"s, claw shot at mk's,etc). If you kill yourself with a wolf for exm at final destination by hitting the stage just beside the corner, its oyur mistake of miscalculating, etc or its a inevitable loss. As simple as that.
don't let it interfere. Seriously, this is the millionth time I've been over this.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The only stages that I truly think work against the player are stages like Rumble Falls, where you are forced to fight against the stage more than the actual enemy. Big Blue is another example, as is Mushroomy Kingdom. Spear Piller and Wario's Stage are borderline, since you can still fight normally with them involved, but they are also very dangerous. Most other stages, they might have obsticals that might randomly get in the way and kill you, but atleast 75% of the time, you can control it.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The only stages that I truly think work against the player are stages like Rumble Falls, where you are forced to fight against the stage more than the actual enemy. Big Blue is another example, as is Mushroomy Kingdom. Spear Piller and Wario's Stage are borderline, since you can still fight normally with them involved, but they are also very dangerous. Most other stages, they might have obsticals that might randomly get in the way and kill you, but atleast 75% of the time, you can control it.
Name one on a counterpick stage that randomly kills you.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
don't let it interfere. Seriously, this is the millionth time I've been over this.
By not letting it interfere, your obviously changing your normal play style. I've said this a lot too, but I'll say it again. Instead of going on with your normal move set and attacking your opponent, you have to concentrate on dodging the fish or claw or w/e it is.
As I've said before
Friendlies= O.k
Competitive matches= No no.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
By not letting it interfere, your obviously changing your normal play style. I've said this a lot too, but I'll say it again. Instead of going on with your normal move set and attacking your opponent, you have to concentrate on dodging the fish or claw or w/e it is.
As I've said before
Friendlies= O.k
Competitive matches= No no.
News flash: Every stage changes your play style.

I would never play Wolf on FD the same way I play him on Battle Feild. Likewise, battling Fox on FD and then Falco make a difeference in style. SWmash is based on the sole idea of adaptation to your opponent to knock them off the stage.If I play against CFs with Bowser all day, then I have to battle a DDD, I gotta change style fast if I don't want to get royaly screwed. and when you dodge the claw or lava, it doesn't take much effort at all. Just a little thinking, something many johning brawlers forget to do. But as far as your core style of moves that aren't affected by different stages, obstacles aren't going to be the issue, and can't change that.

Top Bottom