• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do any of you run into these kind of people?

TheStig

Smash Lord
I just got back from a tournament, and I played IC vs Falco. Here's what he said:

"Sorry I understand that the ics infinite is not banned I just didn't think anyone had the lack of skill to use it. I would rather lose 5 bucks with no chance of getting it back than play under conditions where pure cheating is used to win...Banning metaknight but not that just doesn't add up to me."

This guy left even though it was double elimination.

Do any of you guys play against these people?

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Yes ive played against many people like that in return i always say
"Who cares i still beat your *** so i geuss my "lack" of skill works better then yours and if i "Lack" of skill and beat YOU how many skill must you "lack" to get beaten by me"
or something like that if that doesnt work just keep it simple and say
'Learn to handle a loss' or just laugh in his face

Smasher89

Smash Lord
He´s just a scrub, I would link to one of sirlins articles if I had remembered more about the exact text in it.

I like that it comes from a Falcoplayer who almost certainly try as much as possible to abuse his dthrow to spike...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Never feel bad about anything you do in tournament. When there's money on the line, just do what it takes to win.

I personally would've laughed in the guy's face (not on purpose) for complaining about chain grabs when he mains Falco. You do realize he was just telling you that you had a lack of skill so that you would switch to someone you aren't as good at so he would have a better chance of winning and knocking you out of the tournament, right?

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
I was versing a falco in a tournament once. And a few seconds into the match I grab him and do a 0-death chaingrab. This was when brawl was new, so the grabs weren't really well known. His next stock he kept side-bing and laser spamming. I predicted one of his sibe-b's and got another stock off him with a chaingrab. After that, he gave me the finger, said **** this, and unplugged the wii. He left the tourney and didn't even play me in a second match. Falco players must just hate better chaingrabbers

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
I mean it's not really lack of skill but I mean it takes almost next to nothing to chain grab someone zero to death.

Now I know what your thinking"it's so hard to chain grab with Ice climbers". I mean I tried it myself just as a test to really see how hard it is to do that chaingrab. And I agree but, if you think your like the best in the world just because u can do that and kill someone doesnt mean a thing.

It should really be banned its a broken techinque that doesn't require you to do anything but get that first grab and then from there its just a series of grabs until your high enough percent to smash and kill them. Brawl is gay enough with it's campy play styles that so many characters develop.

I being a Snake player experience this stuff daily. You know how many D3's I get beat by just because I don't wanna sit there and camp grenades? That matchup is ****ing impossible if you don't run away and camp grenades thats your only option. Snake's a lucky character in order to have that option in that matchup. But, what about other characters that can't pull grenades? What extremes do they have to go through just to win?

My point being yeah that guy shouldn't complain when he plays a character that does the same thing to win. He should just accept it as a match up he isn't ever gonna be able to win. Oh and you going Gw against him isn't any better he still didn't have a chance especially if you know what to do in that said matchup.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Well ice in a way i agree but that whole broken thing and it being banned ****s up our whole playstyle and our long learning curve for even being able to do so
if they ban chaingrabs they should ban metaknight aswell in my opinion
its not just getting the grab cause most people who are experienced against the ice climbers will know how NOT to get grabbed so its people theyre own fault for being grabbed and mostly ***** till they die
And if people cant handle a loss then thats their problem then they shouldnt even show up at a tournament

it's still pretty ironic for a falco player to ***** about chaingrabs lmao :p

TheStig

Smash Lord
I already made a couple of people on the verge of quitting the game

I thought that g&w was even with falco or slightly in g&w's favor. Maybe, I should have went jigglypuff or something.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
u should have went cpt falcon.

or even better. u should have went falco and cg spike him in ditos all the time.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
Well ice in a way i agree but that whole broken thing and it being banned ****s up our whole playstyle and our long learning curve for even being able to do so
if they ban chaingrabs they should ban metaknight aswell in my opinion
its not just getting the grab cause most people who are experienced against the ice climbers will know how NOT to get grabbed so its people theyre own fault for being grabbed and mostly ***** till they die
And if people cant handle a loss then thats their problem then they shouldnt even show up at a tournament

it's still pretty ironic for a falco player to ***** about chaingrabs lmao :p
If they ban the chain grab then they should ban metaknight. Agreed :)

And for ice climbers I was a mainer in MELEE so I understand the learning curve in order to do so with the grabs. I only quit ICE CLIMBERS cause i can't wavedash in brawl.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Its also not the fact the infinite is difficult to learn and do. Its just there game revolves around grabbing. It probably will get limited and banned in the future (hopefully mk gets banned by then because i believe ic do need the infinite for that one match up). If you ever played zangief in street fighter 4 his playstyle is similar to that of ice climbers in brawl now. Pretty much mindgaming your way into a grab and having an amazing anti air game.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i don't think that it will get banned because nobody wins with them because they have really bad matchups and stages

expect you and lain

meepxzero

Smash Master
wish i lived in midwest lol.. a lotta top players in my region want it banned. I know midwest doesnt care about it tho.

Thats why im kinda fearful of it getting banned.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
It´s not banned at Genesis, and that would be what mattered if I would live in the US, just go for the win in that tournament and not small tournaments hosted by scrubs...

Dev2000

Smash Lord
i don't think that it will get banned because nobody wins with them because they have really bad matchups and stages

expect you and lain
Sooo what youre saying is NO OTHER ice climber player wins with them?
That must be the most ******** thing ever I almost never lose with them and my friends fear my little beasts lmao
anyway i'm not the best but i DO win not only meep and lain can win with them :\
Basically your saying that these people cant win with them?:
Kawaiibunny
Hylian
Frozenpopo
Me
Smasher89
Kage me
Istudying
And alot more people visiting these boards
That is rather offending

TheStig

Smash Lord
what are you talking about? a lot of people win with them. i win scrub tournaments here all the time. everyone here can admit that lain and meep are the best, and are the top level ic's here. I don't think anyone took my comments as offensive except you. So, i'm not sure what your point is. You try beating chudat or anther with ic's instead of your friends then you can talk ****.

meepxzero

Smash Master
i dont think stig meant to offend any other ic player out there were all awesome XD <3

Its just me and lain cause the most controversy with them. If there were a reason to get THE INFINITE banned it be me or him.

Ambrose does a lotta footstool stuff so i dont really include him with us (not as controversy as alt grabs).

in the end we all win because our character is the best!

Dev2000

Smash Lord
what are you talking about? a lot of people win with them. i win scrub tournaments here all the time. everyone here can admit that lain and meep are the best, and are the top level ic's here. I don't think anyone took my comments as offensive except you. So, i'm not sure what your point is. You try beating chudat or anther with ic's instead of your friends then you can talk ****.
Suuuuuuure I agree that lain and meep are the best around here
Nevertheless you still said nobody else could win with them and i took it as offensive
Why would i wanna beat hem anyway? i know that theyre good and all that but i really couldnt care less about that

I apologize As usual... :\

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
i dont think stig meant to offend any other ic player out there were all awesome XD <3

Its just me and lain cause the most controversy with them. If there were a reason to get THE INFINITE banned it be me or him.

Ambrose does a lotta footstool stuff so i dont really include him with us (not as controversy as alt grabs).

in the end we all win because our character is the best!

YEA! I <3 IC

It feels good to be an IC main!:)

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
If you really felt bad for him, you should have picked at least DDD XD (G&W being hard for Falco lol :p)
if you really felt bad for him, you would have taken him to wendys and bought him a double bacon cheeseburger

Top Bottom