• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
-Was it ever determined if the "Metroid V" and "Master Chief" Eshop code things were fake or real? This was a thing before the E3 Direct in which there were codes that needed to be deciphered, and 2 out of 4 were decoded, which were these 2
Hella late, but whatever.

It wasn't eShop codes. It was information Nikki had heard that she encrypted (SHA-1 encryption) and put on Twitter. Not as a leak, but as insurance to say "I knew the information".

Far as I know, three of the codes were cracked. Metroid V, Master Chief and 'Nintendo Switch Advance'. The 4th was stated to be long, specific and not worth brute forcing the encryption. Of these, Nikki later came (But still before the E3 direct) and said that 'Nintendo Switch Advance' was leak bait and false. Worth noting, 'Nintendo Switch Advance' is not something that would actually appear on the eShop.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I don't care about the incoming warning but.

View attachment 332287

That's all I have to say to people who believe the Sora leak, or hype up Sora for the 5th.
I want to keep hope, but not have them crushed either, been 4 years now.

Just go in thinking you'll get a poo poo doo doo character, and whatever happens, either your right, or you're surprised.
The Door of Darkness is now gonna be the Door of Disappointment.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
It's a really stupid term that I abhor the speculation community for embracing. People take this WAY too seriously and make me wonder if they have lives outside of Smash discussion. Do they even play the game, I wonder
..................Wait, Smash is a game?

I thought this was a hypothetical NASB Knock-Off.

I definitely don't think it's Nahobino, a Gen 8 Pokemon, Astral Chain (sadly), Doomslayer, Master Chief, Waluigi, Ryu Hayabusa, Sora, or anyone from Capcom (again unfortunate, I am a Wright supporter too). However I see Crash Bandicoot as a wild card; there's not been a platformer character or fan-demanded pick in this Pass and he fits both of those criteria. The recent rumblings with Blizzard and Activision may look bad for Nintendo if that happens, but then it's not really their fault per se. Time will tell.
I think Aegis counts as a Fan-Pick, just a weird compromise.

Also i don't see Crash, he is a character that sells the Pass on his own, to announce him now would be like having Seph as the last DLC character.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The Door of Darkness is now gonna be the Door of Disappointment.
Ah yes, the Disappointment that gives way to the Darkness that can only be countered by the Light which can only be summoned by the Hype which is impossible due to how strong the Disappointment is.

My favorite part about Kingdom Hearts is how straightforward it is.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Ah yes, the Disappointment that gives way to the Darkness that can only be countered by the Light which can only be summoned by the Hype which is impossible due to how strong the Disappointment is.

You know, they said the presentation is 40 minutes long and I am dead certain that there is no way in h*ll that Sakurai would have time for anything else because he'd be way too busy going through the new and old testaments of Kingdom Hearts lore.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Actually, when you think about it, KH's themes are straightforward as hell. Like, at its core, a lot of it is cookie-cutter JRPG stuff. Light good, Darkness bad, friendship and connections are power.

It's just that there's so much convoluted bull**** mixed in that even these simple themes kinda become lost in the insanity that happens sometimes.

(Sincerely, someone who started playing circa KHII)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I've lost hope for a lot of my most wanteds anyways, all I'm hoping for at this point is for the character to be someone I at least somewhat care about.

So yeah, I couldn't really care less about these "leaks", it's all just noise to me at this point, I'm just waiting for the last presentation.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So, Min-min´s day come and go and she was barely in the talk. I wonder how things will go down with Steve. Since he is the next on this memory list.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Where did this Sora Leak come from?
It came from 4chan. Known for:

-Pool's Closed.
-Ruining Multiple Online pools with funny ideas.
-The Entire He Will not Divide us Storyline.
-The 4Chan vs Tumblr Wars.
-Some other stuff that i actually found just as amusing but the website mods might throw a hissy fit if i mention them so i shut up now.

Internet Historian opened my eyes, which annoys me because im trying to sleep.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Welp, I just learned that there's absolutely no way I'll catch the final fighter reveal live because of a university exam. I know it's a bit off topic for this thread, but does anyone know what the best way would be to watch the presentation after it finishes airing without any risk of being spoiled by a thumbnail or anything before I actually get to see the trailer? I'd really appreciate having a solution here since I want the full experience of the last Smash reveal for possibly years.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The Sora leak was as far as I know disproven already. Thing is, when a random 4chan leak involving a popular character reaches Twitter or just social media in general and not just dedicated places like Smashboards, it starts spreading so quick that eventually it starts becoming a "real" leak. In other words, Sora being CP11 just had a snowball effect where it's already hard to detract the idea from the people.

You can see it with the increase of people and even some videogame websites talking about it. It kinda reminds me of when people decided to believe that Dante was the last character for Pass 1 and the idea became ingrained among the community, even when it was clearly stated that the DMC news was specifically for the DMC3 version of Switch, so there was no room for surprises or anything like that.

Last edited:

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
Welp, I just learned that there's absolutely no way I'll catch the final fighter reveal live because of a university exam. I know it's a bit off topic for this thread, but does anyone know what the best way would be to watch the presentation after it finishes airing without any risk of being spoiled by a thumbnail or anything before I actually get to see the trailer? I'd really appreciate having a solution here since I want the full experience of the last Smash reveal for possibly years.
Similar situation here, I won't be able to watch anything until like 9 hours after it airs. There are apperently recording software for PCs that can schedule a record time of your screen with sound, but they're on trails, So I'm waiting till Monday to try one out.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ok sure but how often is it that 4Chan leaks prove to be real?
Depends. Not often, but the biggest real leaks happens there BECAUSE it's in the middle of fake ****.
ESPECIALLY about Pokémon.
Literally EVERY SINGLE Pokémon stuff and game leaks on 4Chans.
Some directs does.
Tons of Games does.
Games related and console related does.
The whole MEGALEAK from the Nintendo servers.
M64 source code.
Etc etc etc etc.

4Chan is basically "find a diamonds in a pile of ****."

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Time for the big LoLpost. I meant what I said when I used the word "big", so much so that I felt the need to break it up into smaller posts. You'll soon see why, so hold onto your butts. For the sake of mobile users' sanity, I won't use any images. Instead, I recommend searching for them on your own if you're interested. For the sake of non-MOBA player's sanity, I'll refrain from using some terms that might not make much sense. And for the sake of my sanity, I won't look into Champion reworks, only their most recent incarnation.

Quick summary for the uninitiated: every Champion has a Passive and 4 Active Abilities (one of these being their Ultimate). I'll try to use my own creative muscles to give examples of how I think they'd look in Smash whenever necessary.

I've picked about 15 Champions (less than 10% of the current roster) who I believe would stand the best chance of being chosen for Smash in case we got a LoL rep and I'll try to explain some of their abilities to the best of... well, my abilities. In alphabetical order:

Guys, I swear it's the alphabetical order lol. If I'm allowed to paraphrase my own support thread for a sec:

In League's lore, Ahri is a fox Vastaya – an umbrella term for a race composed by "descendants of mortals who took the powers of Runeterra’s spirit realm into themselves" and are easily identifiable by their combination of human and animal traits. In looser terms she's more inspired by the korean Kumiho (Gumiho? I've seen both spellings tbh) than the japanese kitsune, though there is some influence. She uses that heritage to syphon power from nature - and, occasionally, people - around her.

As far as popularity goes... well, it is what it is. Ahri is one of the most popular female Champions by far, and being part of the whole Star Guardian - and later, K/DA lineups only boosted that popularity further. Really, the sheer amount of skins she has - and has gotten in the past years - should be a good enough hint at her popularity. This is a trait she shares with a certain other mage, talked about in a future post.

Along with that, she's part of the Ruined King and fighting game spinoffs - one of the first characters teased for both.

In-game, she's a mage with good mobility and range, and can deal lots of burst damage by chaining her spells together. Like most mages, though, she's really squishy, so basically a kind of magical glass cannon.

Ahri's Passive Ability is Essence Theft. Basically, whenever she hits an enemy with an ability, she gains a stack - up to 3 per ability use. At 9 stacks, her next ability heals her, scaling with the number if enemies hit by the ability that procked the heal. In Smash, I'd imagine it would work similarly, with Specials fulfilling the role of gaining and procking the stacks.

Her four Active Abilities are: Orb of Deception, Fox-Fire, Charm and her Ultimate, Spirit Rush.

Orb of Deception is a projectile with a “boomerang” effect: Ahri throws her orb in a straight line, dealing damage to any enemies it passes through. It then homes back to Ahri's position (she can move while the orb is out, like Pyra's Blazing End), dealing damage once more if it hits anyone in the way.

Fox-Fire creates three flames that orbit Ahri for a few seconds, then home in on enemies in range. Think Mega Man’s down special combined with Palutena’s neutral special. Additionally, she gains some movement speed for a few seconds after using it. What’s most interesting, though, is that it prioritizes champions hit by…

Charm. It’s arguably an attack unlike anything in Smash right now. Ahri blows a kiss in a straight line, dealing damage, interrupting dashes and, most importantly, slowing enemies and forcing them to move towards her. This is a huge part of her burst mage archetype, because Charmed enemies also take bonus damage from her abilities.

Finally, Ahri’s Ultimate: Spirit Rush. She dashes in a target direction, letting loose a few bolts of energy that deal damage to close enemy units. Ahri can recast this dash up to three times. What’s interesting is that Ahri can go through some walls with this – the effect could be translated to Smash by having a good amount of invincibility frames.

Oh, Annie. An old guard LoL mascot of sorts and one of the first Champions designed for the game - a trait she shares with another member of this list.

When I say she's an old guard mascot, that's because she's kind of a mainstay in promotional material and she was the one to receive the 10-year Annieversary skin (it's actually called that). Basically, some of her promos aren't necessarily big, but they're consistent. She's also got a boatload of skins, too, and was the first Champion to reach 12 of them, in fact.

So, her lore. Like most old Champions, it's changed a bit over the years, but the best summary I can give you is that she's a child with strong pyrokinetic powers. Perhaps too strong, to the point where she ends up burning her father, stepmother and stepsister alive in a fit of rage. Yeah.

In spite of this, Annie is incredibly childlike in her mannerisms, but don't underestimate her fire magic - or her teddy bear Tibbers.

Annie's Passive Ability is Pyromania. Whenever she casts an ability, she gains a stack, and at 4 stacks, her next ability that connects will stun the enemy.

Annie's Active Abilities are Disintegrate, Incinerate, Molten Shield and Summon Tibbers.

Disintegrate and Incinerate are fairly simple. Disintegrate hurls a fireball at the target, while Incinerate deals damage in a flame cone in front of her.

Molten Shield is more of a support ability: Annie can imbue herself, an ally or Tibbers (we'll get to him in a sec) with a shield and bonus movement speed for a few seconds. What's interesting about the shield is that it doesn't simply block damage per se - rather, enemies that attack Annie while she is shielded are dealt recoil damage. I could probably see this being a down special, since that's where utility moves are usually put. Would be an interesting kind of counter, I suppose.

And finally, time for the big boy. Summon Tibbers does exactly that - it brings Annie's beloved teddy bear, the last gift from her mother, to life... as a fiery monstrosity that rips people apart. When he appears, Tibbers deals damage to enemies near him, and after that, he can be controlled separately from Annie, much like a puppet character in a fighting game. I'd wager this would probably be a Final Smash akin to Piranha Plant's, with Annie being able to move while Tibbers attacks from the background.

Ashe is one of the first Champions you play, during the game's tutorials. She, much like Annie, is consistent in appearances, and also has a good amount of skins to support that. It also kinda helps that you have some interesting moments with her in Championships.

Lore-wise, Ashe is a queen of one of the tribes of the Freljord - one of the many "countries" in League's lore. The Freljord, unlike other nations, is not exactly unified, and Ashe's goal is to do exactly that, using a bow made of... well, it's easier to call it magical ice. Her story arc - if you can call it that - is basically a political feud with other tribes - in particular with the one led by her former childhood friend, Sejuani.

In-game, Ashe's use of a bow means she belongs to the Marksman class, of which she's arguably one of the most basic.

Her Passive Ability is Frost Shot. Basic attacks and abilities apply Frost to enemies, slowing them down. Attacking an enemy that already has Frost will deal bonus damage. Additionally, her critical hits don't deal extra damage, but rather enhance Frost's slowing effects (yeah, these are a thing in MOBAs too, and are very important at that).

Ashe's four Abilities are Ranger's Focus, Volley, Hawkshot and Enchanted Crystal Arrow.

Ranger's Focus gives me an opportunity to talk about Active Abilities that also have Passive effects. Normally, you're unable to cast it with only mana. But here's the thing: Ranger's Focus gives Ashe another kind of stack for every basic attack she hits. After 4 stacks, you're able to actually use this ability, making every basic attack faster and also making it fire five arrows instead of just one.

Volley makes Ashe shoot arrows in a cone, with each dealing damage and applying that enhancement of Frost's effects. In League you only take damage from one arrow no matter how many hit you, but in Smash I'd imagine eah arrow would deal damage individually.

Hawkshot is actually something I don't think would work one-for-one. It stores up to two charges, and when fired, it grants Sight of the area in its path and destination. Sight is important in League, because most of the map is covered in a kind of fog-of war, meaning you can only see the areas surrounding your team's Towers, yourself and your teammates. But it has no practical use in a fighting game, so I dunno.

And for the Ultimate, time for that「B I G S H O T」. I can feel your pained groans and it pleases me.

Enchanted Crystal Arrow shoots a big-ass ice arrow in the target direction, granting Sight (again, useless in Smash) and dealing damage, as well as stunning the first enemy it hits. Additionally, enemies around the main target receive 50% of the damage and become afflicted with Frost Shot's slow.

This is where I'm gonna leave things for now. I think it's best that I do about 3 Champions per post, otherwise it might really take up half a page, and it would probably look too convoluted for people to attempt reading.
Based on the descriptions and Riot's GIFs, Here's how I think these abilities would be interpreted:

• Passive Trait-Essence Theft: If you hit an enemy 9 times with your Special Moves (9 hits, not necessarily 9 attacks), you will be healed a pretty inconsequential amount when you land your 10th hit.
  • Neutral Special-Orb of Deception: A straight shooting projectile that goes out a decent distance before boomeranging back in her direction. Similar to Pyra's Blazing End, she can't do anything without the orb, but it will never miss her on the way back unless reflected, and if reflected, won't disable her for very long. Pocket does not completely disable her either.
  • Side Special-Charm: A straight shooting projectile with a ton of startup. If it hits, the opponent will walk (not dash) toward her, and take more damage from Ahri's attacks. If this is reflected, the effect will be the same, except victim moves to and takes more damage from whoever owns the projectile.
  • Up Special-Spirit Rush: Ahri dashes a short distance in a direction determined by the player. The dash itself won't have a hitbox, but at the end of her dash, she will fire a projectile aimed at the nearest opponent. If the player starts and ends the move on the ground, they will have less end lag, allowing the move to be a mixup movement tool.
  • Down Special-Fox Fire: Ahri spins around, creating three projectiles around her that quickly start to fire off in the direction of nearby opponents, prioritizing the ones that have been charmed (even if they aren't nearby). The projectiles fire off one by one, and Ahri gets a boost to her mobility while they're out.
...I promise the rest of these won't just be repeating you.
  • Passive-Pyromania: I actually think there's a decent chance that this ability will be ignored, as stuns are super powerful, and there has yet to be a stun ability that's as easy to land as a normal attack. If they did implement it, I'd say they'd make it so that you'd have to consecutively land 5 moves within a time limit to get the stun on the 5th hit.
As for the specials, they could probably go a few ways. This is how I would probably do it:
  • Neutral Special-Molten Shield: Annie places a shield on herself that causes opponents to take minor damage when they hit her with normal moves. This does not effect Smash Attacks or Final Smashes, and both remove the barrier. While the barrier is active, Annie also gets a minor buff to her mobility. With Tibbers, or any other allies (includes team members in team matches and attackable items) on the field, she has the option to hold the button to get a wheel of allies similar to the Monado Art wheel. She can use this wheel to chose the recipiant of the Molten Shield. Only one entity can have the shield at a time.
  • Side Special-Disintegrate: A fireball projectile that fires straight forward, though you can aim it slightly up or down.
  • Up Special-Incinerate: Annie fires a cone of fire that propels her upward. At point blank, this is a meteor smash. When used on the ground, Annie fires the cone upward, allowing her to cover platforms above her.
  • Down Special-Summon: Tibbers: Annie summons the giant bear Tibbers a bit in front of her, and is able to control him as a puppet a-la Rosalina & Luma. The main difference here is that while Tibbers is much more powerful than Luma, he's attached to a meter, and can't always be out regardless of how well you protect him. This meter may also double as his HP, or simply go down a bit if he or Annie are hit while he's active. Something like that. His proximity spike will likely only happen if players are touching him.
  • Passive-Frost Shot: Essentially, she has Inkling's Ink mechanic where enemies take more damage from her after she hits them with a Special Move. Her Smash Attacks don't do more damage, but instead lower her opponent's mobility.
  • Neutral Special-Ranger's Focus: Normally, this is extremely similar to Link's Bow and Arrows (though it has a bit less range without charge). However, if she hits with an arrow 4 times, using this move again improves her frame data across the board for a few seconds. While Ashe is in this state, she fires a volley of arrows with this move.
  • Side Special-Volley: Ashe aims her bow at the sky and fires a volley of arrows. The arrows will harshly arc downward after a bit, and pelt anyone in a small radius underneath where they're shot. This move can be done with a Smash Input to have the arrows rain down at a further distance.
  • Up Special-Hawkshot: Ashe jumps up with her Hawk Spirit, then fires it at a downward angle, dealing very minor damage. If a character hit by this attack is invisible, or behind a foreground element like a Smoke Ball or the grass on the Duck Hunt stage, they will be given an outline until they are visible again.
  • Down Special-Enchanted Crystal Arrow: A straight shooting projectile that explodes on impact. This move deals more damage the more it has traveled before hitting anything, and at max range, it stuns the opponent. If a character hit by this attack is invisible, or behind a foreground element like a Smoke Ball or the grass on the Duck Hunt stage, they will be given an outline until they are visible again.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, once the Last Mr. Sakurai Presents arrives. Do you think Final Mii Costume Wave 11 will go first or the mystery character?

The thoughts are taking a huge strain for the remaining hype fuel in the tank.
Screenshot_20210918-220852_YouTube.jpg

7NATOR

Smash Master
Similar situation here, I won't be able to watch anything until like 9 hours after it airs. There are apperently recording software for PCs that can schedule a record time of your screen with sound, but they're on trails, So I'm waiting till Monday to try one out.
I'll update when I figure out how to add in the Autoplay

But use this link

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents” - Nintendo Switch - YouTube

Or if you want to do it yourself, go to the Sakurai Presents video, perhaps bookmark it for later. When you go to the video, go to the Sharing option and Click on Embed. You should see something like this

It's the youtube link, but it's changed to have Embed in it. This will put the Video on Full Screen

From there, if you on Phone, click on the Screen to have it play, if it's on Computer, Click on the video to have it Play. Also make sure after you hear the Video playing, don't move or click anything else (try and put the Mouse cursor in the Middle so it's not hovering over the Options at the bottom, and wait like 5-10 seconds.

The reason to the that is because Nintendo is likely gonna update the Video with the name of who the Character is, and we don't want that

Hopefully, Someone will make a version of the video to not spoil it in advance, after the video is done. but you would have to wait for after the presentation is done and go look it up without coming across the Character's Name. I either suggest going on Smash Reddit, or maybe Smashboards will have a thread that put's spoiler tag on everything for those that can't make the viewing live

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ok, once the Last Mr. Sakurai Presents arrives. Do you think Final Mii Costume Wave 11 will go first or the mystery character?

The thoughts are taking a huge strain for the remaining hype fuel in the tank.
View attachment 332293
Character, because depending on the Miis involved, it could accidentally give it away to early. I imagine it'll be like Byleth and Min Min where I'm pretty sure the character themselves was just the first thing straight out of the gate.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'll update when I figure out how to add in the Autoplay

But use this link

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents” - Nintendo Switch - YouTube

Or if you want to do it yourself, go to the Sakurai Presents video, perhaps bookmark it for later. When you go to the video, go to the Sharing option and Click on Embed. You should see something like this

It's the youtube link, but it's changed to have Embed in it. This will put the Video on Full Screen

From there, if you on Phone, click on the Screen to have it play, if it's on Computer, Click on the video to have it Play. Also make sure after you hear the Video playing, don't move or click anything else (try and put the Mouse cursor in the Middle so it's not hovering over the Options at the bottom, and wait like 5-10 seconds.

The reason to the that is because Nintendo is likely gonna update the Video with the name of who the Character is, and we don't want that

Hopefully, Someone will make a version of the video to not spoil it in advance, after the video is done. but you would have to wait for after the presentation is done and go look it up without coming across the Character's Name. I either suggest going on Smash Reddit, or maybe Smashboards will have a thread that put's spoiler tag on everything for those that can't make the viewing live
Here it is with Autoplay

or

Autoplay link::https://www.youtube.com/embed/L-q6Gz_4Yqc?autoplay=1

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Based on the descriptions and Riot's GIFs, Here's how I think these abilities would be interpreted:

• Passive Trait-Essence Theft: If you hit an enemy 9 times with your Special Moves (9 hits, not necessarily 9 attacks), you will be healed a pretty inconsequential amount when you land your 10th hit.
  • Neutral Special-Orb of Deception: A straight shooting projectile that goes out a decent distance before boomeranging back in her direction. Similar to Pyra's Blazing End, she can't do anything without the orb, but it will never miss her on the way back unless reflected, and if reflected, won't disable her for very long. Pocket does not completely disable her either.
  • Side Special-Charm: A straight shooting projectile with a ton of startup. If it hits, the opponent will walk (not dash) toward her, and take more damage from Ahri's attacks. If this is reflected, the effect will be the same, except victim moves to and takes more damage from whoever owns the projectile.
  • Up Special-Spirit Rush: Ahri dashes a short distance in a direction determined by the player. The dash itself won't have a hitbox, but at the end of her dash, she will fire a projectile aimed at the nearest opponent. If the player starts and ends the move on the ground, they will have less end lag, allowing the move to be a mixup movement tool.
  • Down Special-Fox Fire: Ahri spins around, creating three projectiles around her that quickly start to fire off in the direction of nearby opponents, prioritizing the ones that have been charmed (even if they aren't nearby). The projectiles fire off one by one, and Ahri gets a boost to her mobility while they're out.
...I promise the rest of these won't just be repeating you.
  • Passive-Pyromania: I actually think there's a decent chance that this ability will be ignored, as stuns are super powerful, and there has yet to be a stun ability that's as easy to land as a normal attack. If they did implement it, I'd say they'd make it so that you'd have to consecutively land 5 moves within a time limit to get the stun on the 5th hit.
As for the specials, they could probably go a few ways. This is how I would probably do it:
  • Neutral Special-Molten Shield: Annie places a shield on herself that causes opponents to take minor damage when they hit her with normal moves. This does not effect Smash Attacks or Final Smashes, and both remove the barrier. While the barrier is active, Annie also gets a minor buff to her mobility. With Tibbers, or any other allies (includes team members in team matches and attackable items) on the field, she has the option to hold the button to get a wheel of allies similar to the Monado Art wheel. She can use this wheel to chose the recipiant of the Molten Shield. Only one entity can have the shield at a time.
  • Side Special-Disintegrate: A fireball projectile that fires straight forward, though you can aim it slightly up or down.
  • Up Special-Incinerate: Annie fires a cone of fire that propels her upward. At point blank, this is a meteor smash. When used on the ground, Annie fires the cone upward, allowing her to cover platforms above her.
  • Down Special-Summon: Tibbers: Annie summons the giant bear Tibbers a bit in front of her, and is able to control him as a puppet a-la Rosalina & Luma. The main difference here is that while Tibbers is much more powerful than Luma, he's attached to a meter, and can't always be out regardless of how well you protect him. This meter may also double as his HP, or simply go down a bit if he or Annie are hit while he's active. Something like that. His proximity spike will likely only happen if players are touching him.
  • Passive-Frost Shot: Essentially, she has Inkling's Ink mechanic where enemies take more damage from her after she hits them with a Special Move. Her Smash Attacks don't do more damage, but instead lower her opponent's mobility.
  • Neutral Special-Ranger's Focus: Normally, this is extremely similar to Link's Bow and Arrows (though it has a bit less range without charge). However, if she hits with an arrow 4 times, using this move again improves her frame data across the board for a few seconds. While Ashe is in this state, she fires a volley of arrows with this move.
  • Side Special-Volley: Ashe aims her bow at the sky and fires a volley of arrows. The arrows will harshly arc downward after a bit, and pelt anyone in a small radius underneath where they're shot. This move can be done with a Smash Input to have the arrows rain down at a further distance.
  • Up Special-Hawkshot: Ashe jumps up with her Hawk Spirit, then fires it at a downward angle, dealing very minor damage. If a character hit by this attack is invisible, or behind a foreground element like a Smoke Ball or the grass on the Duck Hunt stage, they will be given an outline until they are visible again.
  • Down Special-Enchanted Crystal Arrow: A straight shooting projectile that explodes on impact. This move deals more damage the more it has traveled before hitting anything, and at max range, it stuns the opponent. If a character hit by this attack is invisible, or behind a foreground element like a Smoke Ball or the grass on the Duck Hunt stage, they will be given an outline until they are visible again.
I think the Ahri charms would be really hard to balance in Smash. Being able to pretty much control your opponents movement would be extremely strong in a platform fighting game, especially in a game like Smash where you can charge your Smash attacks while your opponents is just walking slowly towards you.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think the Ahri charms would be really hard to balance in Smash. Being able to pretty much control your opponents movement would be extremely strong in a platform fighting game, especially in a game like Smash where you can charge your Smash attacks while your opponents is just walking slowly towards you.
If not, it could be more like a stun since charm in other games paralyze foes. Well, in certain other games like Pokemon for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom