• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who played SSF2: do you guys think if Sora was in Smash he'd play similarly to the Sora in SSF2 or would he play completely different? Maybe a mix of the SSF2 moveset and a Smash original one? I personally think he'd be a fast light weight fighter with a mix of Hero spells and Bayontetta's combos

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
For those of you who played SSF2: do you guys think if Sora was in Smash he'd play similarly to the Sora in SSF2 or would he play completely different? Maybe a mix of the SSF2 moveset and a Smash original one? I personally think he'd be a fast light weight fighter with a mix of Hero spells and Bayontetta's combos

I will accept nothing less than Sora using down B to form change like KH2 and have 4 different movesets. Very fair and balanced.

Noipoi

Howdy!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm laughing to myself because I'm imagining a very awkward compromise where Sora gets into Smash, but all the Disney characters are replaced with Nintendo ones in their clothes, so you get Mario, Luigi, & Yoshi dressed as the KH versions of Mickey, Goofy, & Donald.
I mean, we've kind of had stuff like that before, one example being Ryu's promotional art for Smash 4 where they replaced the Street Fighter characters with Smash characters. (Maybe their not wearing their clothes, but their still replicating their poses).

SF2 JPN flyer.jpg

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Anyway anyone wanna write up some last minute dream trailer mock-ups?

here’s one from Character Exploration Thread that I’m super proud of (they’re doing Octoling today)
Me being the gullible hopeless idiot that I am, I thought up yet another one for Shadow while running yesterday.
The trailer opens with a heroes vs. villains ensemble battle- Link vs. Ganondorf, DK vs. K. Rool, Samus vs. Ridley, Mario vs. Bowser, etc. - over the last Smash invitation as the villains want to increase their ranks, and Sonic is on the sidelines unsure of what to do. He then spots an Assist Trophy and runs to pick it up, but is intercepted by Ridley. As they fumble, the invitation lands in front of the Assist Trophy and the little avatar notices it. The avatar then begins making breaks in the glass container, ultimately smashing free and emerging to grab the invitation for their own use. They then notice the battle, and take off to participate.

There's a montage of a shadowed figure defeating all the aforementioned villains in a reference to the opening of his self-titled game, and he shows off some of hi abilities including time manipulation. The heroes are flabbergasted, especially when they find all the defeated villains assembled in a pile with K. Rool on top. The figure steps forward and raises one hand with the invitation in his grasp.

"It all starts with this...an invitation containing the ultimate power..."

SHADOW BRINGS CHAOS!

Cue fun gameplay segment showing references to multiple Sonic games including a segment where Shadow is blasting Sonic with a Ray Gun. The stage is Radical Highway and ends with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Sonic Adventure 2.

Sigh, one day...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I mean, we've kind of had stuff like that before, one example being Ryu's promotional art for Smash 4 where they replaced the Street Fighter characters with Smash characters. (Maybe not wearing their clothes, but still replicating their poses.

SF2 JPN flyer.jpg
I wish we had had these kinds of things again for Ultimate, but honestly this one is still one of my favorites just for replacing Zangief with Wii Fit Trainer lmao

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I mean even Nintendo's not immune to going too sleek and simplistic with certain franchises.

I don't know, Mario Kart's logo felt like it lost something over time.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean even Nintendo's not immune to going too minimalist with certain franchises.

I don't know, Mario Kart's logo felt like it lost something over time.
I wouldn't exactly consider that minimalism as much as it is focusing on the "Kart" part of the series' name rather than the "Mario" part.

SKX31

Smash Master
(Smashboards isn't compatible with YT clips [yet?])
Nope. Found out that the hard way when I've tried to do so.

It's partly why I've resorted to GIFs instead in the meanwhile.

Time for the big LoLpost. I meant what I said when I used the word "big", so much so that I felt the need to break it up into smaller posts. You'll soon see why, so hold onto your butts. For the sake of mobile users' sanity, I won't use any images. Instead, I recommend searching for them on your own if you're interested. For the sake of non-MOBA player's sanity, I'll refrain from using some terms that might not make much sense. And for the sake of my sanity, I won't look into Champion reworks, only their most recent incarnation.

Quick summary for the uninitiated: every Champion has a Passive and 4 Active Abilities (one of these being their Ultimate). I'll try to use my own creative muscles to give examples of how I think they'd look in Smash whenever necessary.

This is where I'm gonna leave things for now. I think it's best that I do about 3 Champions per post, otherwise it might really take up half a page, and it would probably look too convoluted for people to attempt reading.
Damnit, you inspired me to write a big DotA post one of these days. But there's so little time remaining...

Ah well, I'mma leave y'all with a certified hood classic in the meanwhile. Yes, the character in question (Anti-Mage) is a hypocrite for using a pair of axes who are mainly known for magically spawning illusions (the titular Manta Style):

the minimalist corporate logo trend needs to go I swear

like imagine Sega or Capcom or Square Enix changing their logo in a way that takes away their identity
It feels really weird for me to say that Tencent Games' logo looks better than that.

1633051079887.jpeg

And this logo reminds me way too much of 20th Century Fox's searchlights.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
With all this talk about Sora lately, I've been wondering....

How would you even start such a negotiation? Through email? In person? Formal meeting between boards?
Or just two persons spitballing ideas? Just one guy going "Now this is going to sound crazy, but hear me out."

I mean, that's literally how Kingdom Hearts got started.
I still love that Kingdom Hearts started as an elevator pitch and grew to this huge ass game

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Be honest, who do yall think are the most likely chars to be shown tuesday. Not chars you WANT but chars you think realistically theyd pick
The following I can see.

Ahri
Akira Howard
Arle Nadja
Bill Rizer
Enzo
Frisk
Gen 8 Pokemon
Lu Bu
Nahobino
Octoling/Off the Hook (Marina & Pearl)
Phantasy Star rep
Phoenix Wright
Quote/Curly Brave
Resident Evil rep
Rhythm Heaven rep
Waluigi

All the ones I can think from the top of my head. I'm 99.9% most likely wrong anyways.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Uh...Hungrybox covered the Sora leak again. Didn't we just day it's deconfirmed until proven?
God damn, people are really eating this Sora leak up
Not surprising. I had to unsubscribe from Hungrybox because his videos were clogging up my feed without me caring to watch them. I do like hearing him commentate tournament sets, just not YouTube videos of him screaming.

As for the Sora "leak", it's just a perfect storm. It got a date correct way before it was public knowledge, is a small post so it can't be picked apart easily, and mentions one of the absolute hottest requests in a post-Triforce (:ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:) world. I think it's real but jumped to conclusions and that Sora will actually be a Mii Swordfighter costume, as I further expect this last Mii costume wave to have more fan requests in it. Just a few days left for the truth.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
The following I can see.

Ahri
Akira Howard
Arle Nadja
Bill Rizer
Gen 8 Pokemon
Lu Bu
Nahobino
Octoling/Off the Hook (Marina & Pearl)
Phantasy Star rep
Phoenix Wright
Resident Evil rep
Waluigi

All the ones I can think from the top of my head. I'm 99.9% most likely wrong anyways.
Finally, another person who sees Lu Bu as a possibility. I’d love Bill Rizer and Akira Howard too.

7NATOR

Smash Master

I remember when I thought Sora's SSF2 Moveset was cool, and to this day I still think it is in certain aspects

Then I played KH1, Chain of Memories, and KH2, and Sora has alot of other Unique Magic besides the Fire, Thunder, and Ice. He also got Gravity and Time Stop. He's got Reflect and Magnet, and that's not also counting his Limit moves and Forms and such. I would like to see more Magic than what SSF2 got if Sora actually got into Smash

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don't get why tbh.

We get "Date" leaks all the time. Like, I can't even count on both my hands how many leaks we've gotten which have called a specific date only to be ultimately wrong.
It's definitely weird.

I wonder if it's being fueled exclusively from Sora stans, or maybe those who are simply hoping for a big finish?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
What woah woah. Now where'd you get that idea? Who do you take me for?

It's something much worse. Eternal torment, whispering to every Waluigi fan while they sleep. Saying: He's already in Smash as an item.

Truly the most cunning devil of all time I am...hmm, yes.
That's pretty f'd up right there hahaha wooow.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I don't sincerely use Scrimblo Bimblo lol. I just find it funny. Like it's honestly not that deep. Any "war" between JRPG and Platformer fans is not something I have any desire to be a part of. And honestly most people who use the term are using it a joking manner anyway. Whereas the people who complain about "anime swordsmen" actually seem genuinely angry, at least from my experience. I'm just poking fun at the people who take this stuff way too seriously, because honestly most people do. Like I love speculation, but I don't lose sleep over it. It's not worth arguing with strangers over the internet for.
It's a really stupid term that I abhor the speculation community for embracing. People take this WAY too seriously and make me wonder if they have lives outside of Smash discussion. Do they even play the game, I wonder?
It's definitely weird.

I wonder if it's being fueled exclusively from Sora stans, or maybe those who are simply hoping for a big finish?
Both. Sora fans have a chance and are holding onto it, while the extended wait has made people desperate for a "hype" final pick that will fill them with validation for 15 minutes before they're old news. I expect both to deflate like balloons come Tuesday because having high expectations is dangerous.
Be honest, who do yall think are the most likely chars to be shown tuesday. Not chars you WANT but chars you think realistically theyd pick
I'm probably narrow-minded, but all I can really see is someone from SEGA or Nintendo. I'm leaning much harder on SEGA because they haven't gotten their repeat for this Pass like Microsoft and Square Enix did, but even then what's really left for SEGA? My answer to that is Sonic again but then why would Sonic get something now? They have such a lack of interest for the series in Smash. Honestly tripping over my own logic here haha, I'll get my conclusions soon enough.

I definitely don't think it's Nahobino, a Gen 8 Pokemon, Astral Chain (sadly), Doomslayer, Master Chief, Waluigi, Ryu Hayabusa, Sora, or anyone from Capcom (again unfortunate, I am a Wright supporter too). However I see Crash Bandicoot as a wild card; there's not been a platformer character or fan-demanded pick in this Pass and he fits both of those criteria. The recent rumblings with Blizzard and Activision may look bad for Nintendo if that happens, but then it's not really their fault per se. Time will tell.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
This makes me wonder... Are there any strictly Waluigi fans who don't like Wario just Waluigi? Dunno why I ponder this.
I stopped caring about Wario when he stopped beign he cool Treasure Hunter and instead became Dragon Ball's Bacterian with a Yellow Hat (which usually was reserved to the Japanese instruction Manuals). The weakest part of Wario Ware is Wario himself.

Never forget the Shoulder Bash erasure of 2014.

Should have been Monaware instead.

If I have to hear another person advocate for Waluigi in WarioWare..HRMMMMMMMMNOPUTHIMINHISOWNGAMESTAYAWAY
Put Waluigi in Warioware.
Put Waluigi in Wa-Actually no, you are right, Waluigi doesn't belong in Warioware...........................and neither does Wario.

Make it Monaware instead.

(I know for a fact that Waluigi's absence in WW is simply because of Japanese Developers not wanting to use stuff and characters they didn't create. Which is why Sakurai whenever he is forced to add Kirby content not from his own games, he goes:

Or why Nintnendo has an aversion towards Rare-related DK content, or why Nomura has almost never used Non-FF7 content.

Last edited:

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, it's not just the date thing, and that Sora is a popular pick, but it's because he's sort of the "impossible" pick.
Look how much licensing hurdles they would have to go through just to get the character himself.
Got to get the go ahead from two mega comglomarates, and if one is a no-go at any point, then that whole thing crumbles.
It's bad enough that one of them just so happens to be Square-Enix, who can be very stingy (Hi, Smash 4),
but the other is THE MOUSE.

And then there's the music, which is a whole other beast.

Stuff like this make doubt Sora could be a thing, but miracles can happen, I suppose. We got Banjo, for god's sake.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Censor dodging
I don't care about the incoming warning but.

[insert meme saying "shut the **** up" here]

That's all I have to say to people who believe the Sora leak, or hype up Sora for the 5th.
I want to keep hope, but not have them crushed either, been 4 years now.

Just go in thinking you'll get a poo poo doo doo character, and whatever happens, either your right, or you're surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom