• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Speaking of Smash 6, what wishlists do you guys have for its mechanics?

Personally I think airdashes has great potential.
While I'm not sure if old mechanics will ever come back, I'd really appriciate shield-dropping (holding shield and dropping through platforms, kinda tight) and edge cancelling aerials* on platforms making a return. Ultimate's platform play feels really lacking - the platforms feeling sticky is a key reason, but there's also not a lot of options if you're on a platform and an opponent's underneath looking to shark.

There are still some options, and VoiD did a pretty informative video on them:

As for other mechanics, please rework the buffer a bit Sakurai. It does not work well with the short hop macro at all.

*(Doesn't help that edge cancelling is a thing for specific moves in Ultimate, but not universal.)

I think a more traditional assists feature would be cool. Where before a match starts each fighter can select a character from their games to assist them in battle.

Lets non fighter characters partake in battles more and increases depth and variety among the cast.

Airdashes would also be a lot of fun to have. Hopefully Smash 6 digs a little deeper into its potential mechanics.
I have a feeling that Sakurai might actually consider that, maybe even make it the selling point for Smash 6 if it's a major part of the gameplay mechanics. The ability to summon a specific assist character on demand might make a fine compromise for fan favorites who'd otherwise be relegated to a rare chance of showing up from a summon item.
It's worth noting that the FS Meter was an attempt at doing something similar - and there was some pre-release hype surrounding them (although the gap in FS' effectiveness remains honestly too large IMHO - Peach just presses a button and gets a free damage swing and stage control in her favor, Jigglypuff's really doesn't work as the devs intended. So yeah, FS Meter's not really used that much). So this idea has precedence behind it.

Also, the number of Pokeball Mons / ATs have grown so large that you're realistically not going to see a specific Mon / AT all that often in more casual settings. That's a good reason to include selectable Assists and at least allow people to experiment with the idea (like FS meter).

(That said if they do this they better nerf Keldeo just a tad so that the unicorn horn swing doesn't cover half the ****ing screen I swear.)

It’s a prelude to Nintendo unexpectedly announcing a GameCube Direct, bizarrely revealing 20 new physical titles for GC to come in 2022.
maylay.png
Melee was a 2002 title in the EU, so it counts, right (and so does the rest of the GCN launch titles like LM1)?

:4pacman:

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
A lot of us wants this suspense to end already. Really, the weird thing is that news we are waiting for comes when not many are watching out for it.

Edit: it could also be applied to the upcoming challenger as some weren't in a lot of people's radar

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm honestly ready for Ultimate's DLC to wrap up any day now. Ultimate is nothing short of a dream come true and talking about it for these past 3 and a half years has definitely been fun, but I feel like some of the passion has definitely left me.

It's been about 7 years since I joined Smashboards and 10 years since I got into speculation in general. I've seen the attitudes of the community shift and change multiple times over (sometimes for better, other times for worse IMO) during this period and it's just difficult to be as fully invested as I was even two or three years ago. Plus, my own life has changed to the point where I can't really find large amounts of time to spend on Smashboards.

I'm not sure about retiring about Smash speculation, but I'm sure that I'm looking forward to a long break.

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Speaking of Smash 6, what wishlists do you guys have for its mechanics?

Personally I think airdashes has great potential.
Super Smashes and have an updated meter from 1 to 3. Super Smashes takes 1 bar and Final Smashes takes all 3 bars.
And a new mode, Assist Smash. Where you can play as some Assist Trophies

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Is there also a easy way to acsess old pre Smash4 and brawl speculations i just wanna see these "bad opinions" people nowadays complain about!
Stuff like 3d Sonic=Bad or Celda you know that sorta stuff!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I just want this dlc cycle to be over so that I can delete my account and leave this place in peace.
I don’t wanna delete per se, but I joined Smash Ult spec when I was going through a rough time in life and wanted a distraction from my issues. But I can’t be running from them forever and have to solve most of them so once the final DLC character drops I can get around to that personal stuff I’ve had on the back burner and maybe even make up for lost time from before then. 2017 was really really bad for me…

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm curious to see what common takes in the community now will be looked back at with an attitude of "who would have ever thought that!?" by future fans.

Like, I imagine we'll be looking back at the "Scrimbo Bimblo" stuff and its resulting toxicity the same way we look back at "anime swordsman" complaints from Wii U/3DS, seeing how it's all pretty much the same behavior at its core.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, I will be surprised if it's another character not a lot of people was watching out for.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nintendo Fans: We want a general direct especially the reveal of the final Smash character.
Nintendo: Nah, here's a bunch of Gamecube and Pokemon-related stuff instead.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not necessarily. Wednesday announcements have happened before. Though that would most likely be the ultimatum for the week.
Or the next day, or the next day, or the next-yeah, you know what I mean.

But hopefully, something does get announced this week. I am not holding my breath, though.

Staarih

Smash Master
Nintendo obviously just wants to torture us that's what. Hold out that thirst of the fans until potentially the VGA.
I just wanna throw it out there that this "torture" is self-inflicted by obsessively waiting for an announcement.

Like, a Direct will come when it's ready. We've gone through worse (cough last year cough)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
When you're constantly waiting for the next Nintendo direct, it's usually a sign that your life is currently very dull and you're depressed. I should know
Despite saying "And nothing", at least I am not desperate or so tortured. I am fine.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do you like Super Smash Bros? Because from all your posts I get the impression that you really don't. Why are you here?
You can like a game and still think waiting for **** is annoying. You can also not like this game and be on this site too

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Luckily, tomorrow is Undertale's 6th Birthday, and Toby Fox announced that he was gonna stream himself & a few peoples playing the first chapter of Deltarune. Soooo if the timezone collide well, I still got to something to look forward tomorrow.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
All building up to that rumor of something between Microsoft and Nintendo happening this fall…maybe…
That's pretty much a nothing burger rumor at this point, the guy who started it (Shrapnel Ed) has gotten a lot of things wrong in the past and Phil Spencer's already explained the Switch on his shelf (it was just a gift from Doug Bowser).

I think people need to accept the fact that Nintendo and Microsoft have no further plans of collabs outside of like, Minecraft.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
I am seriously thinking there won’t be a direct this month and the absolute earliest we will see the final fighter is mid October.

Dread got an overview trailer last week and the Nahobino trailer also happened last week, so we probably won’t get a direct this week, and SMT V is getting a story trailer next week guaranteed followed by a “news” update the following week, so that takes out September.

An October direct would work really well to not have to put as much focus on 2021 because if they did it on the 2nd week of October Metroid Dread would be out(they probably decided on the 8th for that very reason), Tokyo Game Show would be finished, and that would be the perfect time to show off the dub for SMT V, talk more about Pokémon, Mario Party, Advance Wars etc and then finally begin diving into 2022 starting with stuff like Splatoon 3 and Triangle Strategy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom