• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sakurai also posted a reply to his Luigi's Mansion Tweet alongside his retweets to also congratulate the Gamecube's Anniversary.

One year before I posted this, I had a policy of announcing only the title name, but of course GameCube was released at the same time. Congrats!!

Said retweets today being.

2001 "Luigi Mansion" released today !!

In 1992, "The bell rings for the frog" was also released.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh man... I didn't even realize we were at that state where everyone posts "It's gotta be tomorrow, It's been so long, if it doesn't happen now then there is no God."

I'm happy to wait forever- I don't want Smash to end.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I may have said this the other day
I'm in a really weird situation.
I got into Smash speculation in 2017, before Ultimate was even announced, and got burned out by mid 2019. I only recently became interested in speculation again, so I'm a bit worried that there will be a hole in my life after the final character gets released....
It's not gonna stop me from making fan rosters though
but tbh it's easier for me to think about Smash without having to constantly worry about who makes it in and who isn't. My roster mockups for my dream Smash game will never be complete without whoever the final character is

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I would like to see it end just because I like to see things complete.

Yeah sure, if there was more DLC I'd have it hooked straight to my veins. That said, I'm quite content with everything as it is now and it's sobering thinking things will be rounded off soon.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Made a list showing the users who own the specific thread for their character since I had some free time. Who's gonna claim the last spot?
I cannot wait until Pokemon Trainer or Pikachu get in!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m ready for the last character reveal. I’m going to miss Smash for the next few years before the inevitability that the next Smash is on the next console. It was one hell of a ride that’s for sure, and I’m sure this last character is going to put quite the spin on speculation as reveals always do. It’s just going to be strange to see it brought up for next game.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Speaking of Smash 6, what wishlists do you guys have for its mechanics?

Personally I think airdashes has great potential.
I think a more traditional assists feature would be cool. Where before a match starts each fighter can select a character from their games to assist them in battle.

Lets non fighter characters partake in battles more and increases depth and variety among the cast.

Airdashes would also be a lot of fun to have. Hopefully Smash 6 digs a little deeper into its potential mechanics.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

I hope to have an option that let the input buffer be turned off, at least for offline matches; I just dislike the buffer.

Also, I would like if the game gets rebalanced in a way so that shields and grabs are very dangerous to use and it's usually better to just fight in a more traditional way. Maybe, change the shield mechanics in a way so that it's more like a parry: the shield itself is very weak, but if you release it the exact moment when you take damage, you will block the attack and shock the opponent for a few frames, getting a chance to counter the attack (not an automatic counter btw).

Other than that, I would like the implementation of more advanced physics: instead of having a fixed walking speed and running speed, it being momentum-based like in the old school platformers; instead of having fixed jump heights, make them variable depending on how long you hold the jump button; instead of having some fixed pre-coded knockback angles and strenght, make it more dynamic, much more like realistic explosion physics; etc.

I would like the wavedash to become an actual move, and get a simplified input for making it accessible at any skill level. Air dashes might be interesting too, maybe by using the same input but in air.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Use the Filters button and set it to sort by replies.

Is there also a easy way to acsess old pre Smash4 and brawl speculations i just wanna see these "bad opinions" people nowadays complain about!
Stuff like 3d Sonic=Bad or Celda you know that sorta stuff!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I think a more traditional assists feature would be cool. Where before a match starts each fighter can select a character from their games to assist them in battle.

Lets non fighter characters partake in battles more and increases depth and variety among the cast.
I have a feeling that Sakurai might actually consider that, maybe even make it the selling point for Smash 6 if it's a major part of the gameplay mechanics. The ability to summon a specific assist character on demand might make a fine compromise for fan favorites who'd otherwise be relegated to a rare chance of showing up from a summon item.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Additionally to what I said in my previous post, another thing that I would like is if every move had an hidden stamina value, and the more you repeat the same move, the weaker it becomes.
Stamina will automatically refill back when you don't use the move, and it's a relatively fast process too, though it being a thing would at least prevent an excessive amount of spam, and incentivate (and reward) a more precise and optimized playstyle.

Stamina should also affect run and jump, so that if you run away all the match, the character will start to become slower and get slightly longer startlag and endlag when running or jumping.

This would also be good for balancing, as it would add another layer that would be helpful for nerfing or buffing characters who are hard to balance: some characters might be more or less affected by stamina, some might recharge it faster than others, etc.

And especially it would disincentivate nonsense moves such as the analog-destroying Dash Dancing.

(Smash 64 and Melee gave you a malus in case you fought a match in a repetitive way, this would be an evolution of that).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If the final character isnt someone i care for after this unnecessary wait, Imma hop on over to Bloody Moon Type Lumina for sure
I'm not sure what makes this wait unnecessary - I'm pretty sure it's the same amount of time that we've had to wait between almost all of the other Smash Ultimate DLC reveals, aside from the time between Piranha Plant and Joker, or Hero and Banjo. (and, if we don't count the ARMS guessing game, it's significantly less than the amount of time that we had to wait between Byleth and Min Min, which was five months)

They've been trying to schedule most of these reveals roughly three months apart. (or maybe that's just how the development cycle has worked out)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm not sure what makes this wait unnecessary - I'm pretty sure it's the same amount of time that we've had to wait between almost all of the other Smash Ultimate DLC reveals, aside from the time between Piranha Plant and Joker, or Hero and Banjo. (and, if we don't count the ARMS guessing game, it's significantly less than the amount of time that we had to wait between Byleth and Min Min, which was five months)

They've been trying to schedule most of these reveals roughly three months apart. (or maybe that's just how the development cycle has worked out)
Idk how I didnt catch my typo of Melty blood lol but anyways im still a firm believer of they should of layed everything out like the other fighting games, all at once. i know many dont like that idea but i cant please everyone

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice

I'd like to see they can come up with a way to make items on actually balanced. Other game design aspects have been tweaked with balance in mind as time has gone on. Stage designs, for instance, are generally less crazy with their hazards and gimmicks. (Minus stuff like Mario Bros. and Great Cave Offensive since they're intentionally designed to be ridiculous.) Maybe one could make an option where all items are blind like in Mario Kart, but make it so there's always a fair chance that the blind item could be a booby trap that hurts you. Or perhaps a sort of preset reserve system where you can pick which one to bring in at any point in the match.

Air dashes sound like a good idea to me too and I agree.

Airdashes would also be a lot of fun to have. Hopefully Smash 6 digs a little deeper into its potential mechanics.
Also a good idea.

Actually, now that I think about it, we could combine that with my item suggestion by making the Final Smash Meter segmented and using it for both assists and items as well. The more meter used, the better the item/assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom