• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
That was 5(6) characters in one year, so that makes perfect sense. 1 character every 2.5 months more or less.

This is 6 characters in 2 years, and we already have 5 of them out. Making us wait 4 more months for 1 character when we're almost at 90 days since the last one is ridiculous.
Oh, I agree. I think it's ridiculous, both on Sakurai and his team's end and those who think we are waiting that long. Like I said, I think CP11 is coming this month, but if they do wait I won't be surprised, like I said for my own reasons. Also it was only five characters for FP1: Plant is missing base game content, not part of the pass in either development nor purchase, and the signs are obvious the character was basically done before launch but need a bit of polish and the game had already gone gold in Oct.

Anyway, Imran Khan went on Twitter and said 'Chief is bottom' with no other context. This would normally be a big funny haha moment and nothing more until things got more clear, but he disabled replies on this comment. He did this very act with his string of tweets in which he leaked Min Min by having one letter of her name capitalized in each post to spell it out.

Now, whether this means that Chief is at the bottom of being possible and thus isn't happening, or whether this means Chief is the bottom in terms of FP2 and thus Imran leaked CP11 is Chief remains to be seen. Could also be a funny haha.

I personally have favored Chief since June, due to the suspicion of multiple people who are a mix of credible and not reliable suddenly all coming to the same conclusion that Chief was in and showing up at this years E3. Some people thought he was CP10, some thought he was CP11 but showing up in the Direct, but so many people were convinced he was in. When you consider ruling out all the completely questionable sources and realizing that there is no way EVERY single person who came out could possibly have the same source means to me that multiple different credible sources heard Chief was in before Imran said ****.

When you add on that, as of this current moment, this is the LAST major update Ultimate will get...Chief really makes sense to put in the rear. Smash has a history of being underwhelming for their last characters, and they really screwed up with Byleth and Plant (not in my eyes, but en mass). In addition, as I mentioned before, there are a lot of character choices in FP2 that kinda fly in the face of Ye Ol' Brawl Era fans and they would have already known who they had lined up during negotiations, meaning they could very easily have Chief in last to 'Finish the Fight' and end the pass in a major way that would please so many different kinds of fans.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, Imran Khan went on Twitter and said 'Chief is bottom' with no other context. This would normally be a big funny haha moment and nothing more until things got more clear, but he disabled replies on this comment. He did this very act with his string of tweets in which he leaked Min Min by having one letter of her name capitalized in each post to spell it out.

\

As much as I'd love Chief, you do realize what 'a bottom' means, right?

He probably disabled replies because people were bombarding him with "OH MY GOD CHIEF CONFIRMED?!"

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
He said "Master Chief is a bottom" and that has a meaning of its own.

Also, Imran doesn't tweet Smash-exclusive stuff, it could be related to any sort of gaming thing... or just be a joke.
I mean, I stated all these things in my post already. I've acknowledged that he makes jokes. Halo stuff coming is nothing new, even if you talk about MCC still maybe coming to Switch that's also old leaked stuff from the Sabi days.

Also Shroob Shroob people already know he's someone who leaks Smash stuff when he gets it. He's made other joke tweets and not turned off the replies, nor has he turned off replies on any other recent tweets despite how people could be flooding them about Chief. He only turned off those for the Chief one, just like he did with his Min Min leak. Thus I found it worth pointing out, and as a person who actually wants Chief, I think all the evidence in recent times should make you a bit more positive about it...mainly because he's shaping up to have the best chances and being a pessimist does nothing good here (note, I say pessimist and not realist, because they are different things that often get mixed up [normally people being pessimistic and saying that are being realistic] and at this point disregarding all this stuff around Chief and acting as if he has no chance is not being a realist because you are denying real information).

Outside of Chief, I think all we really have are Phoenix Wright (implying Fitty Coins is worth anything) or Crash (because we have info suggesting Activision really wanted him in).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I stated all these things in my post already. I've acknowledged that he makes jokes. Halo stuff coming is nothing new, even if you talk about MCC still maybe coming to Switch that's also old leaked stuff from the Sabi days.

Also Shroob Shroob people already know he's someone who leaks Smash stuff when he gets it. He's made other joke tweets and not turned off the replies, nor has he turned off replies on any other recent tweets despite how people could be flooding them about Chief. He only turned off those for the Chief one, just like he did with his Min Min leak. Thus I found it worth pointing out, and as a person who actually wants Chief, I think all the evidence in recent times should make you a bit more positive about it...mainly because he's shaping up to have the best chances and being a pessimist does nothing good here (note, I say pessimist and not realist, because they are different things that often get mixed up [normally peopling being pessimistic and saying that are being realistic] and at this point disregarding all this stuff around Chief and acting as if he has no chance is not being a realist because you are denying real information).

Outside of Chief, I think all we really have are Phoenix Wright (implying Fitty Coins is worth anything) or Crash (because we have info suggesting Activision really wanted him in).
I know he leaked Smash stuff, but he also was subtle as **** about his Min Min leak and he himself had to point it out. Legit, no one figured it out until he himself pointed it out.

This is anything but subtle. He flat out said "Master Chief". He's not Vergeben, he's a lot more subtle about this ****.

I'm fully on board for Chief being in, but a joke about Chief being a bottom *****? Yeah, that doesn't feel like a leak.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, I can see you guys are gettin' busy, so I'm just gonna change my PFP for September and be off to bed. 'Night, don't eat each other over Purple Guy (not the one most would think, you know who I mean).

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, in regards to the aforementioned datamining, yes, that's old news now.

We're aware that Kazuya and Pythra started development before Sephiroth.

Doesn't really change anything though. All it really tells us is they began work on the more technical characters than the guy who just has beeg sword. Hell, for all we know, they could squeeze in CP11 between Pythra and Sephiroth when everything's said and done.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I'm much more excited for actual game announcements in the direct than I am for the final character. That feels like more of an "okay, let's get this over with" type of deal, especially if it's who I think it is. Also, I like Smash, but it's nowhere near as fun without someone else to play with, which is how it is for me most of the time.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not gonna lie, I'm much more excited for actual game announcements in the direct than I am for the final character. That feels like more of an "okay, let's get this over with" type of deal, especially if it's who I think it is. Also, I like Smash, but it's nowhere near as fun without someone else to play with, which is how it is for me most of the time.
I'm in a similar boat as I've had to play online with friends for over a year when we used to hang out together for an evening for it and yeah interest in Smash specifically has started dwindling, we're more excited about new games, confirmed and rumoured lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm in a similar boat as I've had to play online with friends for over a year when we used to hang out together for an evening for it and yeah interest in Smash specifically has started dwindling, we're more excited about new games, confirmed and rumoured lmao
I don't have NSO so I couldn't play online even if I wanted to.
I kinda took a long break after Hero was released and only got back to the game recently. I still followed the new reveals, but they were significantly less impactful for me. I was ready for this to be over back in 2019, even if there were still characters I wanted, and the fact none of them made it in kind of cemented this, even if I appreciate every character we did get

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I’m looking forward to playing other games after this reveal as well lol
Specifically I can play more Switch games like Dread, Steam games with my friends, and if I’m ever so lucky, PS games if I can get my hands on a PS5.

Also, WHYYY would they remove content from their game? “Sorry y’all, ATs are no longer a thing, you can thank Waluigi lol”

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Broke: Having Felix/Matthew replace Isaac's AT because they have similar abilities
Woke: Having Garet replace the AT due to all the abilities the AT showcases being ones he can learn
Bespoke: Having Mark Evans/Endou Mamoru replace Isaac's Assist Trophy so we finally get some Level-5 content at the last minute...

Lemme dream...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think this is less a Smash hint

And more a hint that Chief's getting smashed.
To be fair, Sephiroth got a huge sword. I mean some serious blade. A real set of cold steel. Packing some saber. Massive claymore. Big old toad-stabber.
Do I need to say PHRASING, guys?

anyway, I too am banking on an announcement of a Smaah Final Presentation without a formal reveal yet. Maybe at the end.

also please let something Xenoblade be shown there especially if it’s an X port 🥺

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Do I need to say PHRASING, guys?

anyway, I too am banking on an announcement of a Smaah Final Presentation without a formal reveal yet. Maybe at the end.

also please let something Xenoblade be shown there especially if it’s an X port 🥺
Sorry Rie but you can't criticize horny talk and then use the bottom emoji

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Since we’re potentially getting very close to the end of this ride, I just want to say that it’s been a lot of fun and it will feel weird when it’s all over. I’m going to try to start getting back into Smash modding when the DLC is finished. If this really is the end, I’ll miss all of you and the discussions we’ve had.

As for my final prediction, I’m feeling really good about Lu Bu. Koei-Tecmo has a great relationship with Nintendo and doesn’t have anything in Smash yet. The Warriors franchise has been very important to Nintendo in recent years with two Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, and even brought the world of Persona 5 to the Switch with Strikers. We even just got Samurai Warriors 5. With that being said, I could very easily be wrong (and I likely am) and we could get literally almost anyone.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Anyway, Imran Khan went on Twitter and said 'Chief is bottom' with no other context. This would normally be a big funny haha moment and nothing more until things got more clear, but he disabled replies on this comment.
Son. It was a sex joke, he called Master Chief A bottom, id disable replies too lol

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I believe we're getting the ultimate newcomer: Crash Bandicoot. I believe he's the most obvious but at the same time shocking addition left, and it would kinda complete the circle: Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, I would count even Banjo, and then Crash. As iconic as it gets.

Maybe throw a Coco echo as a bonus.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I believe we're getting the ultimate newcomer: Crash Bandicoot. I believe he's the most obvious but at the same time shocking addition left, and it would kinda complete the circle: Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, I would count even Banjo, and then Crash. As iconic as it gets.

Maybe throw a Coco echo as a bonus.
This is only if you look at it from the platformer characters' perspective.

You can also say that a Tales character would complete the three big JRPG series in Smash. Or a Virtua Fighter character would complete the classic fighting game characters' representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom