• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'm a bit tired of the circular "how many characters at E3" discussion so I'll tangent to something slightly related - if we do only get one character at E3 after all, how do you think your expectations would change moving forward into the final character? It's probably important to keep that in mind looking ahead as a backup if we're still in this.

Obviously it depends on who is revealed, but let's just assume for the sake of discussion it doesn't directly disqualify or hurt any of the characters you currently have on your radar... but it wasn't one of your predictions. My perspective is likely a pretty common one, but I'd probably give up on western third parties if they fail to appear at E3 seeing how it's the prime time for a character like that to appear... Steve being a notable exception, but after all there was no E3 to speak of last year. Like, I think Chief has a great chance of appearing at E3, but if he doesn't show up there of all places I heavily doubt he'd be coming.

At large I suspect a lot of discussion would revolve around smaller third party picks and more dominantly trying to crack the code of which Nintendo character could close things out. That discussion already exists, but I anticipate that it would completely dominate speculation until we get an answer. Personally I'd still hold onto my speculation about an additional SEGA character.
So, if we only get a single character revealed at E3 I think our final character will be a big one (just perhaps not a strongly Western associated one). I feel like a double reveal at E3 would be a good way for them to "cushion" the blow by having a more niche character revealed with a big seller, but if we have 2 big crowd pleasers remaining it'd make sense to space them out to keep the attention on the game going for longer and potentially generate more sales.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Digimon sure is weird...
Digimon's evolution paths are reflections of many things, but chief among them for partnered Digimon is their Tamers. A Rookie can in theory become any Champion who can become any Ultimate who can become any Mega.

Modifying influences include the Digimon's current form, power sources, world-view, environment, and many other things; paramount among them is the heart and intentions of the Tamer.

Someone decided that line suits her on a semi-spiritual level... OR possibly at the very least that she would spoil her Digimon and fail to actually tame it.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
To be honest, I'm curious what Microsoft has in store. They always go all out for E3.
Same dude. Haven't owned an XBOX console since the 360 but games like Forza 4 during that era are gems to me.

I also wanna expose myself to Bethesda titles, starting with Doom Eternal (when I can lol) and maybe see what Fallout or Elder Scrolls stuff they got.

Maybe a new IP or Dishonored 3 too.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Same dude. Haven't owned an XBOX console since the 360 but games like Forza 4 during that era are gems to me.

I also wanna expose myself to Bethesda titles, starting with Doom Eternal (when I can lol) and maybe see what Fallout or Elder Scrolls stuff they got.

Maybe a new IP or Dishonored 3 too.
I believe the studio behind Dishonored has another game they've already announced that they're working on right now.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
No matter what happens with Fighter #10, im 99% sure that the last fighter will be a low-key reveal, regardless if it is a announced at E3 or not.

Personally i hope they announce both so that we can get this reveals over with, but the more i think about it i can see them just holding a bit longer for FP11 just to Torture Us hold onto that Smash Hype. Plus if FP10 is supposed to be a big gang, it would weird to go from a Hype character at the beggining of the Direct to.............a much less exciting one at the end of that same Direct at E3.
Well, if they knew back then that the last 2 characters would be revealed at the same time, I guess the "big one" could be CP11. At that point it doesn't matter if the popular one is CP10 or not, as long as it's announced at the same event as the other one.

But that's assuming they were planning to reveal the last 2 fighters at the same time/event when they finalized Fighter Pass 2, which we don't really know. Kinda unlikely, if you ask me.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Considering how the last two characters for Smash 4 were a FE character and a relatively small third-party who likely got in because Nintendo themselves were funding her game, no, I'm not getting my hopes up for massive reveals just because we're near the end.

Quite the opposite actually. Given how they've ordered their reveals for pretty much every lineup of new characters so far, I'm expecting the milder reveals to be shown now, even if it is E3. I'm sure the bigger of the two will be our E3 reveal, but after Steve and Sephiroth, I can't say I'm confident that they'd have something equally as big in store for us.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Seems like a bit of a reach, to be honest. I can sorta see the similarities, but the shapes are still generic and vague. They're not automatically Smash symbols.

On the other hand, this feels like the first theory in forever that fits the category or out-there hint-finding theories like Chair Theory and those clouds from back in Brawl. I suppose it's it's the right thing to embrace the theorizing, if only because it breaks up the monotony.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I think the fact they are teasing this publicly means that Crash really is not coming to Smash.

The last time this happened with a character was with Shantae, and all she was ended up being a spirit. I love Crash and he would be the FIRST FP2 Fighter that i would download, but at this time you would have an easier time Having me Dress Up as Astolfo with Joker Make Up and having me Ride Through an Unicycle through the Atacama Desert while i sing Clint Eastwood while holding 2 Cups of Hot Coffee in my hands than to make me believe Crash is coming to Smash.

i said it in his thread and im saying it here, i don't think Crash is coming, he is a character that you reveal during the middle, not the end. He missed his chance for that, Steve and Sephiroth became what he is supposed to be, the middle point where hype grows, but will never grow larger than that. You don't reveal Crash at the end, E3 or otherwise. Anything is possible, but not anything is likely, and Crash isn't likely for me anymore.

SKX31

Smash Master
Wait, has he been to Europe? His finger is covering that but it's not struck.

If not, does that mean that the medieval levels in Crash 3 were actually in the legendary land of Medieval Australia?

:4pacman:

Seriously: It feels kinda reachy, especially since the blurry image on the second picture might simply be a blurry Japan flag. I do agree with SharkLord SharkLord that it's the first kinda out-there hint we've had for a while, but chances are also pretty damn good this winds up like Shantae's window.

I'm gonna proceed with some extreme caution.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm one of the biggest Crash supporters on the site and I can say that this is a huge as heck logical reach. I think this is far from a hint. Heck, comparing this to the Shantae window or the Brawl clouds is generous because at least those you can kind of see that, but right now I do not see it at all.

What's more likely? The Activision team is directly hinting towards Smash or teasing it, or the design is just a coincidence at best? I hard believe the latter.

kylexv

Smash Master
This week's spirit event...

Men (and women) with hats

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Is this a hint our next DLC fighter will wear a hat?

Technomage

Smash Champion

Would have been a good theme to make a Hat in Time spirit event.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, the character I wanted are Shantae, Crash Bandicoot and Rayman. Since only two slots remain and there's no guarantee that the character(s) are in, I have settled my chips down to neutral to risk little to none on hype.

Like the artwork on twitter, appriciate how far the characters we love in their history. Don't let disappointment like not being in Smash stop the love. Time doesn't stop for anyone.
E20AShnVIAIm5Up.jpeg

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Seeing this artwork could be something to throw us all off. Instead of Crash making it in Smash, they could be saving him towards the end of E-3, similar to how they did with Banjo. Focus on what Crash's developers will end up showing new games and then....BAM! Either an actual reveal or pulling a Pyra thinking there's a new Xenoblade character

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hm. Apparently a Nintendo museum is in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom