• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am become Death, proud overuser of Memes.

Man we really need LoL and Dota 2 as CP10 and CP11 for the true DEATH.:4pacman:

Fighter: 1.5 %
Misc.: 40 %

Phoenix Wright
Fighter: 10%
Misc.: 45%

Puyo Puyo

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Problem is that cutting popular characters and giving them less popular replacements is on the level of MVCI's bull**** and it's honestly justified
What I did and what MVCI did are completely different. Infinite purged an entire corner of the Marvel Universe for no reason but greed. While my roster has a lot of cuts, most of the universes that got cuts received newcomers, and a bunch of new series got their first character in the Smash series. And, other than Cloud --> Terra and maybe Ike ---> Lyn/Edelgard, the newcomers are either equally popular or slightly more popular then the one they replace. If anything, it's closer to what MVC3 did.

It's fine you don't like it, I just think that argument in particular is a poor one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know what, forget it

I feel like I’m being either ignored or singled out here

feel like I’m on the verge of a breakdown, and the uncertainty of next game, the fact I’m getting stressed out over TWO crossovers with a few overlapping characters of all things

and all the stuff I’m still dealing with outside of here

I can’t do this anymore

if you got my discord or other social medias you can reach me there but no point in depressing myself further when it’s probably gonna end next month

I just hope I at least get ONE person I really want... I got my own places to get leaks anyway

better that something good surprise me too out of nowhere but idk if that lightning will strike twice

maybe after dlc ends I’ll sporadically check in depending on what all happens after it ends, if anything. Including a ballot, a tease of the next game, or nothing for at least another year.

but for now... see you all later

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know what, forget it

feel like I’m on the verge of a breakdown, and the uncertainty of next game, the fact I’m getting stressed out over TWO crossovers with a few overlapping characters of all things

I can’t do this anymore

if you got my discord or other social medias you can reach me there but no point in depressing myself further when it’s probably gonna end next month

I just hope I at least get ONE person I really want... I got my own places to get leaks anyway

better that something good surprise me too out of nowhere but idk if that lightning will strike twice

maybe after dlc ends I’ll sporadically check in depending on what all happens after it ends, if anything. Including a ballot, a tease of the next game, or nothing for at least another year.

I don't know what it is that you're dealing with but I sincerely hope it gets better, you're a nice person and deserve nice things.

Didn't want to step in before since it looked like the whole thing had blown over but I wish the mods had done a better job at sanctioning the guy that singled you out (dunno what that story's about but it was uncalled for) rather than what they did

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I’d say we already have the successors with Crash & Sora. The third might be weird this time with Doom Slayer in the West & Arle in Japan.
I think Crash, Sora, and Master Chief are all solid guesses of who will be the faces of third party speculation. Isaac and Waluigi will likely be the main first party requests, although Dee is another one that you could call a frontrunner and I wouldn't stop ya.

I am gonna make the bold prediction that Geno likely will not have the same level of support that we saw in this game. Getting the Mii costume with Cloud was a sign of hope. Getting it after Hero and Sephiroth might break that hope. Granted, the fact that the second Geno thread exists might prove me wrong, but it is nowhere near as active as the old one was. Hopefully Geno fans are going to stand strong with the puppet, but I would not be surprised if Geno fades off in a way similar to Krystal after Brawl.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Don't we already have an entire thread for that?
From what I can gather this game allows people to rate any character they want and instantaneously change to the next, unlike the regular RTC where a smaller group of users picks a single character or group of characters that is the only one to be rated for the entire day (or sometimes several days). Also it doesn't require them to write 2+ sentences explaining their rating, they can just drop a percentage and go on with their day.

If anything, maybe someone should just create a RTC lite......

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
You know what, forget it

I can’t do this anymore

Wishing you the best until your return!
Stay safe and take care of yourself!

^ That goes for y'all, too.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
From what I can gather this game allows people to rate any character they want and instantaneously change to the next, unlike the regular RTC where a smaller group of users picks a single character or group of characters that is the only one to be rated for the entire day (or sometimes several days). Also it doesn't require them to write 2+ sentences explaining their rating, they can just drop a percentage and go on with their day.

If anything, maybe someone should just create a RTC lite......
I mean everyone picks the character, it’s just they are nominated over time. For instance, right now Ryza is being rated because someone wanted to talk about her and nominated her each day. If someone wants to push any character or concept, they can. It just takes time. I was pushing Rean for a long time for instance. Heck, if someone just wants to push their character up the noms list, abstaining is always an option.

And two sentences is very easy to post. Writing two sentences about any character is extremely easy. It also helps to make sure people actually know a little about whoever they are discussing. Looking at the discussion on Terry’s day before that was installed and the discussion on the SNK day after it was is night and day.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
With E3 so close; and a good likelihood we're near the end of speculation, I decided to tick something of my bucket-list...

I've done a conspiracy theory wall!

Imgur Album incase you want to actually read any of it. https://imgur.com/a/vQRrS6e
I love speculations like this, just shows alot of attention to details when it comes to knowing about game franchises.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Imagine a Smash Cinematic Universe though...

With the human characters I can only imagine some based castings such as

:ultsnake: - David Hayter
:ultsimon: - Chris Hemsworth
:ult_terry:- Brad Pitt
:ultfalcon:- Patrick Warburton
:ultpalutena:- Demi Moore
:ultlink: - Orlando Bloom
I could add on when I get ideas
That would be a bangin cast in about 2002, teenage Hemsworth aside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom