• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How did his link prove anything? I am seriously trying to understand that.

The Smash Polls were Exit polls regularly cited before Smash. I gave you Rayman's all-time sales which is higher than many BIG NAME franchises. I gave you links that Rayman (although number of sales wasn't great) was second in Japan for several weeks on Wii U (Not Switch). I gave you information about Rayman's sales on Playstation (a console in Japan).

That is all DATA. Not circumstance. This is why I don't like posting on here. Sorry that I get so angry at people. Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura is an example of a bully. I don't know what her issue is with me. I even tried to get along with him and have agreed with him on points but she challenges me on everything and likes any negative post directed at me.

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , seriously what is your deal with me? I apologize if I did something wrong to you.
Here's the thing. I never argued anything in regards to Rayman outside your point of "He's more well known in Japan then we think". I disagreed with it by stating the Sales of his games are absolute Trash (at least since Legends initial release). You saying he's sold a gazillion copies worldwide doesn't dispute that. You saying He's a high ballot performer in fan polls doesn't dispute that, especially if they have heavy western bias as English polls tend to have. You said 1.5k sales was selling hot when Tokyo Mirage Sessions sold ~20k in Japan and a large part of this board and the western community considered it a failure (I don't as I think that's about what they intended to sell). This is why I said you shifted goal posts, you never were arguing against my point, which has largely about his perception in Japan.

7NATOR

Smash Master

The Smash Polls were Exit polls regularly cited before Smash. I gave you Rayman's all-time sales which is higher than many BIG NAME franchises. I gave you links that Rayman (although number of sales wasn't great) was second in Japan for several weeks on Wii U (Not Switch). I gave you information about Rayman's sales on Playstation (a console in Japan).

That is all DATA. Not circumstance. This is why I don't like posting on here. Sorry that I get so angry at people. Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura is an example of a bully. I don't know what her issue is with me. I even tried to get along with him and have agreed with him on points but she challenges me on everything and likes any negative post directed at me.

Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura , seriously what is your deal with me? I apologize if I did something wrong to you.
I'm not going to get into the thing about Rie, that's between you two

What I will say is that somewhere in this argument, it turned into an Argument about how Rayman in Japan is pretty much a Non-factor, and that's what the other person's link proves

That's not to say it's non-existent, but it's kind of almost at that point, especially to Nintendo Japanese fans. Most of the evidence you provided either where skewed towards the Western Perception of Rayman (those Smash Polls were most likely Western based, not Japanese Based), or even proved further how Ryaman isn't a factor in Japan (Like the Wii U sales link. it may have been number 2, but the actual numbers don't paint a good light.

The thing I will say is that Rayman isn't automatically barred from being playable in Smash because of his lack of presence in Japan. He still has alot of Western popularity, and Smash actually has a bigger fanbase in the West than the East anyway. It's still an obstacle that Rayman would have to face, and when compared to other characters, the Japan thing will be a sticking point.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Y'all aren't asking the real question...
Who's gonna be the next character to break Twitter?
Knives Out, the mobile / Switch Battle Royale that's popular only in Japan.

drops mic

I provided 6-7 links, he provided 1. Why team up with him?
Smells like gish galloping. Regardless of your intent, it's poor form.

Could be a bunch of very wanted upcoming games, like Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc. Could be more stuff for the Nintendo Switch Online. Heck, could even be better online for their games. The possibilities are endless.
Obligatory reminder to still be cautious and keep hype in check.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Right, I haven’t been following the Rayman discussion so I can’t comment on anything related to that, but we have private messages.

If you’ve got a problem with someone, take it up with them properly. Message them privately and deal with it. Calling them out in full view of the thread is just rude.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Here's the thing. I never argued anything in regards to Rayman outside your point of "He's more well known in Japan then we think". I disagreed with it by stating the Sales of his games are absolute Trash (at least since Legends initial release). You saying he's sold a gazillion copies worldwide doesn't dispute that. You saying He's a high ballot performer in fan polls doesn't dispute that, especially if they have heavy western bias as English polls tend to have. You said 1.5k sales was selling hot when Tokyo Mirage Sessions sold ~20k in Japan and a large part of this board and the western community considered it a failure (I don't as I think that's about what they intended to sell). This is why I said you shifted goal posts, you never were arguing against my point, which has largely about his perception in Japan.
I am having a hard time finding data either way. The only thing we have to go off of is Rayman Legends sales but that doesn't necessarily speak to Rayman as a franchise. The game was already old by the time it came out on Switch.

The closest thing that I can find is this post about Crash and Rayman on Gamespy which agrees with you: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/79044556

Rayman is known in Japan but his games do NOT sale so maybe you are right, I don't know.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Even when I was just a young lad I always adored the grumpy penguin guy. I feel we just connected, y'know?
I didn't even know there was a penguin in Hello Kitty. This is just bizarre.
Maybe I should actually check the Hello Kitty wikia.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have Volbound on ignore cause he’s said some bigoted and/or very tactless things

that’s all I’ll say on the matter and will not respond
What have I said? Private Message me and let's work this out. I apologize for my comments then. I literally don't get on here to try to fight.

The reason that I posted was because I could not find private message, perhaps because you are a Premium Member. Consider this post an apology.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright, let’s stop the current conversation before things get worse.

Let’s also avoid calling each other out as that is essentially bullying.

Remember, everyone has different opinions and that’s okay.
I just don’t like the false accusations

but fair

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I am having a hard time finding data either way. The only thing we have to go off of is Rayman Legends sales but that doesn't necessarily speak to Rayman as a franchise. The game was already old by the time it came out on Switch.
You posted the actual numbers for the Wii U game and it was under 1.5k. The link I had had it at rank 45 in terms of sales. No matter what light you see that in, it does not paint a good picture for Rayman in Japan.

I will say this about Rayman, I do not think he's impossible. I just think he's got an incredibly massive uphill battle and in terms of liklihood, he's probably 1 or 2 steps above Mortal Kombat.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even Sakurai tweeted that, effectively, after Steve's reveal, Twitter did go down.
Only other time it happened, if I recall, was after Michael Jackson's death.
Sakurai did tweet about it, but twitter went down slightly before the reveal actually happened, so people thought/think they're correlated.

Meaning that Michael Jackson getting in Smash would definitely destroy Twitter once and for all.
If one of the taunts is the crotch grab with that trademark HOO, then that's going to be the best/worst few weeks of online play so far. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe Hello Kitty has a better lore than we actually know.
Behold
download (3).jpeg

Hello Kitty is canonically an awful person as they are willing to cosplay as a gaslighter, stalker, abuser of women and sex felon. Pretty problematic tbh

The closest thing that I can find is this post about Crash and Rayman on Gamespy which agrees with you: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/79044556

Rayman is known in Japan but his games do NOT sale so maybe you are right, I don't know.
Again, the argument wasn't about the franchise's sales as a whole but specifically Japan. Every Wii U game like Mario Kart, Tropical Freeze, 3D World, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc that got ported to the Switch sold better and Legends was a Nintendo exclusive in Japan so we know that Rayman doesn't sell well. Ergo, he can't be a popular request in Japan. He can be niche, but not popular

volbound1700

Smash Master
Behold
View attachment 317258
Hello Kitty is canonically an awful person as they are willing to cosplay as a gaslighter, stalker, abuser of women and sex felon. Pretty problematic tbh

Again, the argument wasn't about the franchise's sales as a whole but specifically Japan. Every Wii U game like Mario Kart, Tropical Freeze, 3D World, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc that got ported to the Switch sold better and Legends was a Nintendo exclusive in Japan so we know that Rayman doesn't sell well. Ergo, he can't be a popular request in Japan. He can be niche, but not popular
I can agree to that. Rayman Legends did not do well at all in Japan. In reality, it wasn't even that big in the West compared to past Rayman titles which is sad because it scored very high by nearly all major Video Game Publishers.

7NATOR

Smash Master
While I know Michael Jackson would never be in Smash, Perhaps we could have him in Spirit through Waluigi, if they give him Michael Jackson dance moves

cashregister9

Smash Hero
That's already horrible but Hello Kitty has also cosplayed and has been seen with the destroyer of worlds. Hello kitty is a menace and must be stopped.

DAMN YOU DECADE

Don't Even Get Me Started on Gachapin and Mukku

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I got a question about Fighter Pass 2

Would you consider any of the characters in Fighter Pass 2 to be easy to play? and do you think one or both of the Last 2 Fighters will be easy to play?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's already horrible but Hello Kitty has also cosplayed and has been seen with the destroyer of worlds. Hello kitty is a menace and must be stopped.

DAMN YOU DECADE
Ok but Hello Kitty is the priest at their wedding, church duties mustn't be held back by prejudice or criminal records
I love how you word that as if teabagging isn't popular online already. :4pacman:

Hear me out: give Chief a teabag with a hitbox as down taunt.
Wait but how will the hitbox ever land? The anti crossup mechanics would prevent it from hitting and Mythra breaking the anti crossup stuff has her throw hitboxes of her own meaning it'll never hit

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Would you consider any of the characters in Fighter Pass 2 to be easy to play? and do you think one or both of the Last 2 Fighters will be easy to play?
Playing as Isaac will definitely be easier than trying to convince people he has a shot, but I still see him as a medium-hard character.

SKX31

Smash Master
I love how you word that as if teabagging isn't popular online already. :4pacman:

Hear me out: give Chief a teabag with a hitbox as down taunt.
One of the best feelings I've had as a Wi-Fi warrior is getting the comeback on a teabagger.

Especially when the last blow is a successful off-stage Climbhazzard spike kill. Any other suicide KOs work just as well.

("Getting the last laugh" is one heck of a drug.)

Wait but how will the hitbox ever land? The anti crossup mechanics would prevent it from hitting and Mythra breaking the anti crossup stuff has her throw hitboxes of her own meaning it'll never hit
2 frame scenarios (when the opponent is in the midst of a ledge grab animation).

That's when. For the extra salt. :4pacman:

Also in miscellaneous general industry news:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Nathan Drake thinks it's so good I can only assume that the Direct reveals the location of El Dorado
This means that Nintendo ****s up badly at their E3 yet people will act like they're the best and won E3.

You know, typing that out made me realize it's not satire because that'd happen anyway lmao

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

The easiest characters for me to play are :ultsephiroth::ultpyra:.

Speaking of, how easy do you think these characters would be to play based on the movesets I made for them?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

The Aegis is pretty loose on the braincells, and I wouldn’t say Sepiroth is extremely complicated either compared to Steve and Min Min. I can see the last two characters going either way, but a new series rep will probably be more complicated to jam in all the mechanics of their base game in the set.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The Aegis is pretty loose on the braincells, and I wouldn’t say Sepiroth is extremely complicated either compared to Steve and Min Min. I can see the last two characters going either way, but a new series rep will probably be more complicated to jam in all the mechanics of their base game in the set.
I'm sorry did you just imply Min Min's complicated?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It was only a joke... but y' know, SKX's idea isn't too bad! :4pacman:

Additionally, maybe you can extend the hitbox horizontally and make it deal extra damage on a shieldstunned opponent. For no reason other than that extra salt on your fries.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Nintendo has new hardware, a new mainline Zelda, and a new Splatoon in the wings. That lineup is already better than, like, 65% of their showings and it's basically the bare minimum of what we're likely to get.

I can get some degree of skepticism given that E3 2008 is a thing, but I think it's not too unreasonable to expect that this will be a great showing.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
If Nathan Drake thinks it's so good I can only assume that the Direct reveals the location of El Dorado
Nintendo: Cette année nous avons décidé de faire notre présentation en Français, tout simplement parce qu'à cause du COVID-19 la plupart de nos équipes ont été dans l'incapacité de mener la présentation à son terme, à l'exception de l'équipe Française qui a été immunisée grâce à la surconsommation d'omelettes au fromage. Veuilez nous excuser du désagrément occasionné.

Nathan Drake: I have no idea what it means but it must be pretty cool, 9/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom