• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Imagine if it's leaked that CP10 will be revealed at E3, with the caveat that it doesn't tell us who it is, but instead says something along the lines of "Challenger Pack 10 Reveal Trailer, Nintendo/Bandai Namco/[Insert third video game company here]"

Just imagine the chaos, especially if the third company named was one that pretty much nobody 100% expected to be involved like Valve.

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Imagine if it's leaked that CP10 will be revealed at E3, with the caveat that it doesn't tell us who it is, but instead says something along the lines of "Challenger Pack 10 Reveal Trailer, Nintendo/Bandai Namco/[Insert third video game company here]"

Just imagine the chaos.
The tweet suggests the leak isn't a text leak, it's presentation assets, so whoever has this information, if it were Nintendo (I don't think it is), probably has the next character's trailer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The tweet suggests the leak isn't a text leak, it's presentation assets, so whoever has this information, if it were Nintendo (I don't think it is), probably has the next character's trailer.
....OH ****

NEKU?! DOES MY SON LIVE?! 🥺

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
What's the rumored Souls FF thing? Is it Souls inspired, or a potential crossover? Don't know how I've missed this.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Wait, what?
Basically that.
a new Final Fantasy game, seemingly made by Team Ninja and seemingly exclusive to PS5, would be announced at E3. It also seems it's going to be a Souls-like.

The only Shin Megami Tensei game I've played was SMTIV on the 3DS. Can't say a SMT rep is something I'm interested in, but if we DO get one (likely Demi fiend), they better atleast add this banger:

The whole SMT soundtrack is a banger. I actually prefer the SMT IV one to Nocturne. I feel like Tokyo and the Boss Battle B2 from IV would in the music selection for sure if we get a SMT rep.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Someone made an unofficial Slippy Mod for Smash Remix.

That's kinda cool, though I wish they gave him a joke moveset; on the other hand, there were a couple things that gave me a chuckle (such as Slippy's body slam).
Tbf, Namco did get more content in Ultimate. Including this absolute banger.

But yeah, it’s insane they haven’t gotten a new character since 2014.
Yeah, I just can't get over that (after all, I've stated more than a few times that Namco should get a 2nd character (including a Bandai character like Agumon)).

Only big thing from Square is FF7 Remake.
What about Final Fantasy 16?

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Particularly since Pac-Man has barely any spirits and a basic AF assist trophy

God only knows why the Taunt Roulette cameos didn't get spirit battles, 99% of people don't even know they're in the game

Sure, with the role that Nintendo has in picking characters, it's not hard to see how Tales and Tekken and Taiko get continually out-prioritised for playable status - but pump up what you do have

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Just imagine the chaos, especially if the third company named was one that pretty much nobody 100% expected to be involved like Valve.
Imagine if it was Capcom, after everyone wrote them off.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
even aside from Capcom not exactly being on a tight enough lock at times, there was still the giant mega leak
that happened just a few months ago

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Nintendo/Bandai Namco/Sony Entertainment

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
ignore what you saw here, didn't think it was necessary to bring up. lol

Hey so um...

I've known this for quite a while and I want to share it here
There hasn't been a single Smash reveal at E3 where they only showed a single character
View attachment 316298
(the "?" on Inkling signifies that it could be debatable since Inkling was technically revealed when Smash was confirmed to be coming to Switch so, yeah.)

Now this doesn't guarantee that we will actually get a double reveal, I just wanted to pull this up because people are making it seem like a double reveal is less likely than it actually is.

Keep in mind, in 2019 during the first Fighters Pass being developed, :ultjoker: came out only 2 months before E3, and despite that, we got two full-length trailers for the next two characters anyway during E3 2019 (even though :ultbanjokazooie: released later, which makes sense)
I don't see why they wouldn't do a double reveal again, as we are approaching the 3-month mark since :ultpyra: and Mythra's release, we could have the reveal for Challenger Pack's 10 and 11 and have Challenger Pack 11 release later.
W-Where's Melee and Brawl? Their E3 trailers had multiple characters too.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Not my point but i agree with you.

Im speaking more that its weird that SEGA's more popular series or even cult status games have not gotten anything new regarding spirits or Mii costumes. You'd think a guy like Sakurai who loves Space Harrier and has toy models of OPA-OPA would add like a OPA-OPA hat or something as a Mii costume at this point. Even if it were nintendo making these descions its still weird like, you're hyping up SMTV on your home consoles but there's nothing SMT related in Smash.
Is SEGA just being a crab about that?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"Look out! There are leaks! BIG leaks! Watch out for the leaks so you don't get spoiled by the leaks!"

Me, looking for the leaks:

Right now, the E3 Titanic hasn't got too many big leaks, gotta wait until things get spicy.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, about these leaks, I heard there may be leaks for both Square-Enix and Nintendo's events, after reading a post here. Can anyone clarify that or disconfirm that?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think it was just Square Enix
Yeah, but I asked because of this post.

Alex Donaldson from VG247: "... the most comprehensive big event leak I've seen in years is currently happening behind-the-scenes. " Rumor | ResetEra

So according to post 393, this leak doesn't just concern one company, but 2: Square Enix and Nintendo

I don't know how reputable this guy is, but if this is true, this definitely adds some spice to the situation
I think it is just Square Enix as well, but I just wanted to make sure.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Someone made an unofficial Slippy Mod for Smash Remix.

I like how he's basically built like a last minute gag character.

So, about these leaks, I heard there may be leaks for both Square-Enix and Nintendo's events, after reading a post here. Can anyone clarify that or disconfirm that?
if you read back a few pages, it's just a Reddit leak to related to Square E3's stuff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like how he's basically built like a last minute gag character.

if you read back a few pages, it's just a Reddit leak to related to Square E3's stuff.
I know, I posted why I made that post above. Things can be misleading, so I just wanted to make sure.

SKX31

Smash Master
Aside from Ubisoft revealing Mario+Rabbids and StarLinkFox the year after, when has anything related to Nintendo happened in another company's presentation?

It's funny how we just straight up know Smash info isn't at risk unless Nintendo themselves leaks
Then again, Pokemon Unite was its own presentation. And Tencent is the kind of company that reveals stuff on its own (what with them having their own conference earlier this past month etc.).

Basically, if Tencent lands a mobile / console Mario game or whatever, then that will be revealed on its own most likely.

"Look out! There are leaks! BIG leaks! Watch out for the leaks so you don't get spoiled by the leaks!"

Me, looking for the leaks:
"A Major Leak at this time of year, in this part of the country, Localized entirely within the internet"

"Yes"

"May I See It?"

"No."
In b4 it turns out to be this kind of leak:

:4pacman:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Is this leak about the company thing? Because I'm pretty sure I saw somebody specify that it WASN'T Nintendo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom