• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Basically that.
a new Final Fantasy game, seemingly made by Team Ninja and seemingly exclusive to PS5, would be announced at E3. It also seems it's going to be a Souls-like.

Soooooo we've got maybe something coming to be here, a little manifestation at work?

a Final Fantasy and Team Ninja teamup? Tifa in a Dead or Alive game is coming to be, just believe in the manifestation!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
"Show us F10!!"

"Okay, here's the next character shown in a high quality official trailer with voice acting."

"I don't like it. I think this leak might be fake."
"IT ISN'T REAL! SHADOW IS AN ASSIST TROPHY WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! The fact that this video even shows Shadow or would even SUGGEST that he's DLC is proof enough that it's fake! GET THIS GARBAGE OUTTA MY HOUSE YOU PLEBIANS!"

And that's if they're feeling nice.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
"Show us F10!!"

"Okay, here's the next character shown in a high quality official trailer with voice acting."

"I don't like it. I think this leak might be fake."
Imagine that the actual trailer for CP10 leaks and Ken is doing a thumbs up.

Like it's not a reference, it doesn't connect with anything else in the trailer, Nintendo just left it there.

Everyone will think it's fake until three weeks from now, when it's confirmed real, but Nintendo and Sakurai never even mention it. :4pacman:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
They actually did a Balan trilogy, plus a spinoff game for the giant farmer.
Balan Wonderworld: The Movie

Rated PG-13

They saw the success of the Sonic movie and wanted to get a piece of that pie. Didn't work. Especially the part where Rob Schneider punched the bear, people didn't enjoy that part.

The extended director's cut is apparently better, so say the diehard fans.

Where were you? We had a watch party and everything!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You know, Mother 3 celebrated its 15th anniversary last month, and the first Fire Emblem was recently localized...

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping we get something crazy this E3 that nobody was expecting outside of Smash. Nintendo is gonna want to show that the Switch still has a few years of life left, right?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You know, Mother 3 celebrated its 15th anniversary last month, and the first Fire Emblem was recently localized...

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping we get something crazy this E3 that nobody was expecting outside of Smash. Nintendo is gonna want to show that the Switch still has a few years of life left, right?

Mario Kart Double Dash 2

See, that's how you differentiate from the currently available Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and still have a new Mario Kart out for the holidays: Have it be a DIFFERENT Mario Kart while ALSO playing the nostalgia card.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

No... don’t make me hope in vain for a glorious F-Zero comeback again

im not

strong enough

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The biggest Comprehensive event leak in years is surprising when the whole Switch Reveal, a new console, got leaked on 4chan from start to finish.
So I wonder how can you beat that
There was the famous Afleck Leak for Sword and Shield which leaked every single prerelease announcement months in advance, alongside Galarian Meowth/Perrserker.
There's also a copy of Pokemon Moon leaking two weeks before release xP

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
There was the famous Afleck Leak for Sword and Shield which leaked every single prerelease announcement months in advance, alongside Galarian Meowth/Perrserker.
There's also a copy of Pokemon Moon leaking two weeks before release xP
I remember the one dude leaked info from Pokemon Let's Go on 4chan.... ON APRIL FOOL'S DAY

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace

I'm 100% with you on the Mother 3 train, I think the moment is nigh.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Not exactly something nobody was expecting, seeing how a Fire Emblem remake has been rumoured for a long time and this game has always been a forerunner when speculating what that remake might be, but a Genealogy of the Holy War remake is one of the few announcements that would genuinely make me pop-off in a direct.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Somebody mentioned that Zelda is always saved for E3. That would explain a few things...
Interesting. Also, I personally expect BOTW2 to show up, because we technically got news about it back in February about how they weren't finished. IMO, that implied that they still had work to do and were willing to update us on the game's development status. I expect either a similar predicament or, finally, a trailer of sorts at E3 this year.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Alright, alright, I think I finally have some solid predictions for this E3. I don't think this is right at all, but I like these sorts of thought exercises.

• Crash Bandicoot announced, and presented right after the Nintendo E3 presentation, released either the following evening or a week or so later.
  • Zelda BotW 2 stuff. Probably nothing super substantial but I can't imagine them just saying nothing about it. Probably a wee pinch of gameplay footage.
  • Maybe a quick peek at Splatoon 3, but still, I'm not thinking it'll be anything big.
  • A reassurance that Prime 4 is still a thing but nothing to actually chew on substance-wise.
  • Twenty damn minutes spent on some generic, stupid, and cheesy JRPG that nobody cares about.
  • Whatever it is HAL has been cooking up with Kirby for the last couple of years.
  • MAYBE finishing with a reveal trailer for Reimu, but definitely nothing beyond the initial reveal until autumn at the soonest.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I do 100% for sure think they’ll reveal the Switch Pro Super Switch at E3

yes the Switch Lite didn’t need E3 cuz it was a smaller, portable, slightly more limited version of the OG Switch

but a much more powerful iteration like the Super? Yeah that’ll need the big guns of E3

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I do 100% for sure think they’ll reveal the Switch Pro Super Switch at E3

yes the Switch Lite didn’t need E3 cuz it was a smaller, portable, slightly more limited version of the OG Switch

but a much more powerful iteration like the Super? Yeah that’ll need the big guns of E3
When they reveal the Switch Deluxe, then sales of base Switch will drop pretty quickly, so it'll need to be revealed really close to release, so if we get it announced at E3 then that suggests it'll release August at the latest. August is an odd time to release a console.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
No... don’t make me hope in vain for a glorious F-Zero comeback again

im not

strong enough
I'm always down for a series to return, but they have to do it right and give newcomers a reason to care. F-Zero has been out of the running since 2004, so I'd imagine only hardcore fans are really gunning for a return.

Something I'd really like to see with Nintendo franchises in general is innovation that still builds upon what people love.

For instance, I believe Zelda hit the nail on the head with BOTW. It's still a 3D adventure filled with puzzle solving that everyone loves Zelda for, but it has a unique survival aspect that helps immerse players in the world more than ever before, and a collectathon that keeps people engaged long-term. 3D Mario also does great in this regard. Each 3D Mario game is a whole new experience that retains what people enjoy about 3D Mario.

But then there's those franchises that are deathly afraid to make significant changes. Pokemon just throws out gimmicks that doesn't make huge gameplay changes. It is still, and will always be, beat the gyms, become the champion, and catch them all if that's your thing. Admittedly, Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield changed up that formula story-wise, but not enough to make the gameplay all that different. We're still locked in a linear region for mainline titles.

Other franchises that come to mind are Kirby and Star Fox. I will say that every Kirby game is unique, but it has been using the same damn 2D formula since its inception. Kirby definitely deserves a mix-up! And Star Fox Zero just made Star Fox feel redundant to me... That's why I give Star Fox Adventures props for making bold moves.

All I'm trying to say with this post is that I want to see more gameplay mix-ups with core Nintendo franchises, mix-ups Nintendo has proved capable of. Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura If F-Zero were to return, I don't want to see it overshadowed the way Star Fox Zero was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom