• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
It appears that a major publisher had a massive leak that it's probably connected to their E3 presentation
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now, I doubt this is about Nintendo: while they are pretty secretive when it comes to their upcoming games... they're also pretty bad at keeping leaks in check, especially during E3's time.

Regardless, it goes without saying that E3's season is ripe for leaks, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled.

Shroob

Sup?
It appears that a major publisher had a massive leak that it's probably connected to their E3 presentation

Now, I doubt this is about Nintendo: while they are pretty secretive when it comes to their upcoming games... they're also pretty bad at keeping leaks in check, especially during E3's time.

Regardless, it goes without saying that E3's season is ripe for leaks, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled.
Recorded the event

Now I ain't sayin' it's Nintendo, but Nintendo's the one that historically just does a Nintendo Direct and some random show floor ****. That... sounds very Nintendo-ish.

Granted, there's nothing saying it is, but if it's a pre-recorded presentation, that fits their M.O. for E3.

Edit:

It's not Microsoft.... holy **** did the Nintendo E3 Direct REALLY leak...???

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
When I first read the tweet, my guess was SE. Looking into it more it seems an FF Souls-like game has been making the rounds in the rumor mill as well.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Now I ain't sayin' it's Nintendo, but Nintendo's the one that historically just does a Nintendo Direct and some random show floor ****. That... sounds very Nintendo-ish.

Granted, there's nothing saying it is, but if it's a pre-recorded presentation, that fits their M.O. for E3.

Edit:

It's not Microsoft.... holy **** did the Nintendo E3 Direct REALLY leak...???
Betting on Square-Enix due to the Final Fantasy rumors.

EDIT: just got on 4chan and apparently it's Nintendo since a new Mario kart game leaked. Happening earlier than expected lol
I really suck at predicting stuff.

EDIT2: I was right, in the end. Muhahaha!

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean, on one hand, if it's Square Enix, I would be both surprised and not surprised.

Square-Enix rivalize with Sega after all for dumb decisions and stuff happening.
But leaks? That's pretty rare from them, so who knows.

Also Nintendo Leak like a woman once per month so I don't think it's them.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
If you wanna add some fuel to this fire, a journalist that works for sites like Eurogamer responded to that tweet with a gif of Mario and Luigi.

Personally, I think it's either Square or Nintendo, and it all depends on what his definition of "out-of-character for them to have a leak of this kind" is.
Because Nintendo it's very much against leaks in theory but in practice, they're not fully immune from leaks.
It also trues that we never had a Direct fully leaked three weeks in advance before it's airing and you'll think that after 10 years of doing these things they would have perfected how to keep them under the wraps.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
1621847297587.jpg

I'm probably lacking knowledge but from which Mario kart game is it from?

Someone claimed it was leaked.

EDIT/ found it, it's Mario Kart world Tour!

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So like

If it IS Nintendo, not saying it is but

How will we know what CP10 leak is or isn't legit. :4pacman:
Well, they claim that assest and everything leaked so we'll maybe see a render, gameplay, or something too good for any random person to do
Smash fans struggle with renders, to this days I haven't seen one looking as good as Nintendo except for that single KH Cloud costume mod render

MarioKartRenderOwner

Smash Cadet
View attachment 316326
I'm probably lacking knowledge but from which Mario kart game is it from?

Someone claimed it was leaked.

EDIT/ found it, it's Mario Kart world Tour!
hi i only frequent these threads ever and never post and this will be my only post ever but thought i'd bestow any worrying fears of leaks by saying this is an art they use exclusively at the "Super Nintendo World" theme park for promotional items

it's artwork you would literally only know existed if you've visited a theme park in japan and doesn't exist in any high quality form so it's kinda obescure, thought i might as well share!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Welp.

The Nintendo Ninja weren't gaming it seem so.
Of course it was gonna leak. You don't make a ship in a square form.

hi i only frequent these threads ever and never post and this will be my only post ever but thought i'd bestow any worrying fears of leaks by saying this is an art they use exclusively at the "Super Nintendo World" theme park for promotional items

it's artwork you would literally only know existed if you've visited a theme park in japan and doesn't exist in any high quality form so it's kinda obescure, thought i might as well share!
Thank you, I appreciate it. And nice art!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Thank you for your insight, extremely specific named user!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeeeah, really seem like it's Square who got their E3 ship crashing on the iceberg.

Nintendo meanwhile is free of leaks...for now.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
People went from caring if it was possibly Nintendo, even being excited, to simply ignore it.
They should have kept the suspense for a few days. No one really seems interested into discovering what Square had planned for E3 according to these retweets lol

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
People went from caring if it was possibly Nintendo, even being excited, to simply ignore it.
They should have kept the suspense for a few days. No one really seems interested into discovering what Square had planned for E3 according to these retweets lol
Only big thing from Square is FF7 Remake.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
What?
everyone and their grandma is curious and excited for that FF x Dark Soul made by Ninja Theory, what are you on about?
I'm refering to the Twitter reactions from this post. They were all anchored to it in hopes it would be Nintendo, but when they confirmed it was Square-Enix, well it became less juicy.

I'm pretty sure more people are curious and excited for what Nintendo has to show at E3 than Square.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm refering to the Twitter reactions from this post. They were all anchored to it in hopes it would be Nintendo, but when they confirmed it was Square-Enix, well it became less juicy.

I'm pretty sure more people are curious and excited for what Nintendo has to show at E3 than Square.
Well yes, Nintendo is Nintendo, is a console manufacturer, would be the same for Microsoft.
But saying that no one care about Square when they have the juicest E3 rumor around isn't really fair

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Well yes, Nintendo is Nintendo, is a console manufacturer, would be the same for Microsoft.
But saying that no one care about Square when they have the juicest E3 rumor around isn't really fair
You're right. I'm sorry.

7NATOR

Smash Master

Shroob

Sup?
Alex Donaldson from VG247: "... the most comprehensive big event leak I've seen in years is currently happening behind-the-scenes. " Rumor | ResetEra

So according to post 393, this leak doesn't just concern one company, but 2: Square Enix and Nintendo

I don't know how reputable this guy is, but if this is true, this definitely adds some spice to the situation
Considering the Dragon Quest presentation is relatively soon...

Truth be told, this could be as simple as "Dragon Quest 12 is exclusive/timed exclusive to Switch."

Notice how the original tweet or follow ups never said "E3", just, Big Event, and it seems to be pointing Square, which has a presentation soon in regards to Dragon Quest.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Considering the Dragon Quest presentation is relatively soon...

Truth be told, this could be as simple as "Dragon Quest 12 is exclusive/timed exclusive to Switch."

Notice how the original tweet or follow ups never said "E3", just, Big Event, and it seems to be pointing Square, which has a presentation soon in regards to Dragon Quest.
Just to clarify, the Dragon Quest presentation is this week right. If so it make sense it leak right now

Though to be honest, the way they made this leak sound so grand, I'm not sure if it's just a Dragon Quest presentation. They made it sound like the biggest event leak in years, and I'm not sure just a Dragon Quest presentation fits that

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The biggest Comprehensive event leak in years is surprising when the whole Switch Reveal, a new console, got leaked on 4chan from start to finish.
So I wonder how can you beat that

Shroob

Sup?
Just to clarify, the Dragon Quest presentation is this week right. If so it make sense it leak right now

Though to be honest, the way they made this leak sound so grand, I'm not sure if it's just a Dragon Quest presentation. They made it sound like the biggest event leak in years, and I'm not sure just a Dragon Quest presentation fits that
The way they worded it is that "Wow, this company doesn't leak a lot, so it's weird to see it happen."

I don't really see it as being "grand" as much as it is a shock to see a Square leak happen. And yes, the Dragon Quest presentation is in like, 2-3 days, which to mean, kinda makes me lean towards it being the case.

Shroob

Sup?
Basically, we know it's Square, but we don't know what leaked, and unless someone who has seen it outright admits it, we won't know for certain.

It COULD be Square's E3 plans

Or it could be the Dragon Quest stuff that is presented in a few days

We don't know.

My money's on Dragon Quest, simply because it's soo soon, but I could be wrong, who knows.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder how impervious Namco is to leaks

which also. Someone please tell me Project X Zone 3 is never happening cuz the creators and programmers left, and there won’t be a successor either... :(

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, they claim that assest and everything leaked so we'll maybe see a render, gameplay, or something too good for any random person to do
Smash fans struggle with renders, to this days I haven't seen one looking as good as Nintendo except for that single KH Cloud costume mod render
Real talk, that KH Cloud mod and render look sick

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh boy. Only a matter of time until CP10 and potentially CP11 gets leaked if this is the beginning of E3 leaks and Nintendo is concerned.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Aside from Ubisoft revealing Mario+Rabbids and StarLinkFox the year after, when has anything related to Nintendo happened in another company's presentation?

It's funny how we just straight up know Smash info isn't at risk unless Nintendo themselves leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom