• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
Warning Issued
What what?
Hmm ok Let me explain this a bit more:
I'm saying: If a 2nd/3rd party character showed up in the trailer, if you look at the CGI parts of :ultsephiroth:'s reveal trailer, Nintendo used 2nd/3rd party fighters in supporting roles with the exception of :ultridley:'s reveal trailer, until:ultsephiroth:. They could've used characters owned by companies involved in FP2.

:ulthero3: - SE of course
:ultrichter: - Konami (?)
:ultsonic::ultbayonetta: - SEGA / PLatinmumGames (?)
:ultshulk: - :ultpyra:
Lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, to add something interesting..
I remember this theory theorizing on what 3rd parties (or even 2nd) could get repped for the rest of FP2 given Sephiroth's trailer because the companies have gotten involved SOMEHOW with Nintendo during FP2...
based upon what characters were in that trailer (CGI) and their corresponding companies that own the rights to those characters:

:ultrichter: - More Konami Content(?)
:ulthero3:- Could be considered an indirect hint towards Sephiroth
:ultshulk:- :ultpyra:
:ultsonic:-More SEGA Content(?)
:ultbayonetta:-More SEGA/PlatinumGames Content(?)
:ultbanjokazooie:-I mean, Steve was CP7.
I think you're looking for something that isn't there.

Especially since Shulk wasn't in the CG scenes.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
What what?
I'm saying: If a 2nd/3rd party character showed up in the trailer, if you look at the CGI parts of Smash Ultimate's reveal trailers, Nintendo used 2nd/3rd party fighters in supporting roles with the exception of :ultridley:'s reveal trailer, until:ultsephiroth:. They could've used characters owned by companies involved in FP2.

If Shulk is a hint at Pyra why isn't Mewtwo a hint at a new Pokemon. Why isn't Zelda a hint at a new Zelda character? At this point, plus your Sega and Konami hints, that's four characters for two spots left.

You're overthinking this one.

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
If Shulk is a hint at Pyra why isn't Mewtwo a hint at a new Pokemon. Why isn't Zelda a hint at a new Zelda character? At this point, plus your Sega and Konami hints, that's four characters for two spots left.

Yeah can we not get a new Sega and Konami rep anyways they have more than enough rep at this point

SKX31

Smash Master
Funny you should mention that, because I'm pretty sure an official interview had the Blizzard devs stating that if there was any character they could add, it'd be Diablo. Keep in mind this already had them bringing up OW reps, so at the very least the internally rank Diablo above Tracer. Now, if only I could find that interview...

Imram Khan did an interview with them in 2018 and well...

Blizzard senior producer Pete Stilwell laughed, but gave a quick answer. "Personally, yeah, I'd love to have Diablo. That to me is the immediate one. Then if we had over time, eventually the heroes, go through all of them...or you could go really awesome and only have Deckard Cain."

Joshua Wittge, Blizzard PR manager, chimed in to add "He could just whack them with the cane or put them to sleep."

"Or he puts them to sleep and just slowly drags them to the edge and drops them off," Stilwell continued. "Like really sinister Deckard Cain."
Yeah, they'd design Cain to be the most disrespectful character on the roster. Even moreso than :ultsteve: 's multiple ways of disrespect like "I can spell "L" and "F" with my blocks".

Edit: Bowser / Pig Ganon would be potentially really interesting Diablo bosses now that they brought it up. Shame it likely won't happen, but still.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
But yeah, the solo reveal vs double reveal war will be... a thing... that happens for awhile, I wager.

"We've never had an E3 without at least 2 reveals!"
"They're going to stretch out Smash until the very end!"

Buckle up, kids. 3 weeks are gonna be one hell of a ride.
Yo forget the wars, I'm on the third team.

Team Vibin'.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
But yeah, the solo reveal vs double reveal war will be... a thing... that happens for awhile, I wager.

I think it's strange to invest in either outcome when, in my opinion, it could reasonably go either way, and they both end with at least one reveal anyway.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What what?
I'm saying: If a 2nd/3rd party character showed up in the trailer, if you look at the CGI parts of Smash Ultimate's reveal trailers, Nintendo used 2nd/3rd party fighters in supporting roles with the exception of :ultridley:'s reveal trailer, until:ultsephiroth:. They could've used characters owned by companies involved in FP2.

They already had to contact Konami for the Bomberman mii, they could've done negotiated for Richter's trailer appearance then.

Sega might mean something though. This is how Vectorman wins.

Shroob

Sup?
I think it's strange to invest in either outcome when, in my opinion, it could reasonably go either way, and they both end with at least one reveal anyway.
This is the internet, and within the internet, the smash speculation scene.

As long as there's 2 people left, they're gonna fight to prove themselves as being correct.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
This is the internet, and within the internet, the smash speculation scene.

As long as there's 2 people left, they're gonna fight to prove themselves as being correct.
I suppose some people see things as leaning much more towards one direction than I do, but I think the outcomes are split fairly evenly. There's good points for both sides, and neither conclusion will be shocking, whether solo or dual.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Hence why I said COULD.
But ok.

A Six Flags ride of its own.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'm... not a big fan of Blizzard, so I really shouldn't comment, but I'm pretty sure the general consensus was that Tracer was the most likely rep from them.
I don't think this is true anymore, if it ever was. Blizzard as a whole has kind of been on a decline recently, and OW has been stagnant for a while (it's been over a year since the latest hero was added).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think this is true anymore, if it ever was. Blizzard as a whole has kind of been on a decline recently, and OW has been stagnant for a while (it's been over a year since the latest hero was added).
To be fair they’re already working on OW2 so I imagine all resources are going to that

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Here’s a question, though maybe only tangentially related. Do we think we’ll get news on Amiibo for FP2 characters at E3? Or will we need to wait for the CP10 Sakurai Presents?
Nintendo have completely stopped announcing amiibo in Directs. Sakurai seems to be the only one who acknowledges them in videos now, the non-Smash ones are always announced AFTER the main trailer. Expecting no amiibo news in the main E3 presentation is the safest bet you can make in this whole thread.

I mean
View attachment 316235
It's happened before
Sadly, Nintendo knew what they were doing and the sales have borne that out. Their Kickstarter partner can't even be bothered to produce the physical rewards after more than a year, which just drives the salt in.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Sadly, Nintendo knew what they were doing and the sales have borne that out. Their Kickstarter partner can't even be bothered to produce the physical rewards after more than a year, which just drives the salt in.
If that one rumor about Nintendo trading TW101 for Astral Chain is true, then they clearly got the better end of the deal...

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Sheriff turns 42 today! Well, Sakurai doesn't know for certain since this was an arcade release in 1979...
That's right, he's older than every playable character on the roster. However, he isn't the oldest Assist Trophy, as Color TV-Game 15's got him beat by 2 years.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
What what?

The strange thing with SEGA is that they have had no spirit events or new mii costumes. Not even a Ulala, a Alis, or a Beat, or a Ryo.
You'd think they'd do the obvious by now but nope.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day:

Sheriff turns 42 today! Well, Sakurai doesn't know for certain since this was an arcade release in 1979...
That's right, he's older than every playable character on the roster. However, he isn't the oldest Assist Trophy, as Color TV-Game 15's got him beat by 2 years.
You know, if Retro reps become a thing again, I would be perfectly fine with Sheriff.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Funny you should mention that, because I'm pretty sure an official interview had the Blizzard devs stating that if there was any character they could add, it'd be Diablo. Keep in mind this already had them bringing up OW reps, so at the very least the internally rank Diablo above Tracer. Now, if only I could find that interview...
Thank you.

Also, Activision-Blizzard's only Switch Bundle and Amiibo are for Diablo, not that it matters though.

I just think Diablo has been kind of pushed on Switch by Blizzard throughout 2018-2019, and more ports are on the way this year.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

"The E3 reveal(s) have to be not just a hype bomb, but a hype NUKE!"
"Later reveals are never as hype as earlier ones, that'll include E3!"

You could make a political compass out of this.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
The strange thing with SEGA is that they have had no spirit events or new mii costumes. Not even a Ulala, a Alis, or a Beat, or a Ryo.
You'd think they'd do the obvious by now but nope.
They're probably reusing the digital frontier models, but still, it's pretty interesting.

Sega has had zero paid content in FP2 so far. However, they have had a spirit event, sort of; the Sofia gift spirit from P5S. Square had several spirit events in FP1, and got a second character. Who knows?

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
They're probably reusing the digital frontier models, but still, it's pretty interesting.

Sega has had zero paid content in FP2 so far. However, they have had a spirit event, sort of; the Sofia gift spirit from P5S. Square had several spirit events in FP1, and got a second character. Who knows?
I mean other companies haven't gotten paid dlc mii costumes in fp2 yet (I include Bamco because lets be real, returning mii's do not count)

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Pretty sure the trailer just reused preexisting character models dude
Not my point but i agree with you.

Im speaking more that its weird that SEGA's more popular series or even cult status games have not gotten anything new regarding spirits or Mii costumes. You'd think a guy like Sakurai who loves Space Harrier and has toy models of OPA-OPA would add like a OPA-OPA hat or something as a Mii costume at this point. Even if it were nintendo making these descions its still weird like, you're hyping up SMTV on your home consoles but there's nothing SMT related in Smash.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not my point but i agree with you.

Im speaking more that its weird that SEGA's more popular series or even cult status games have not gotten anything new. You'd think a guy like Sakurai who loves Space Harrier and has toy models of OPA-OPA would add like a OPA-OPA hat or something as a Mii costume at this point. Even if it were nintendo making these descions its still weird like, you're hyping up SMTV on your home consoles but there's nothing SMT related in Smash.
That's because Demi-fiend's gonna be the character revealed at E3, trust me.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The only Shin Megami Tensei game I've played was SMTIV on the 3DS. Can't say a SMT rep is something I'm interested in, but if we DO get one (likely Demi fiend), they better atleast add this banger:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Truthfully, I thought a lance was a type of sword; after all, rapiers are swords, and lances are practically heavy rapiers.
A lance is more like a spear than a sword.

Also Arthur's weapon is a javelin, not a lance(though it looks like a lance, it's called a javelin and he uses it like one).

You know, if Retro reps become a thing again, I would be perfectly fine with Sheriff.
No! Bad! That's a bad retro pick! Only good retro picks allowed!

1621833786185.png

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Bandai Namco finally being allowed more than one rep and more content in general
Tbf, Namco did get more content in Ultimate. Including this absolute banger.

But yeah, it’s insane they haven’t gotten a new character since 2014. I don’t particularly want any of their characters, but I won’t be mad if they end up finally getting another character.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Tbf, Namco did get more content in Ultimate. Including this absolute banger.

But yeah, it’s insane they haven’t gotten a new character since 2014. I don’t particularly want any of their characters, but I won’t be mad if they end up finally getting another character.
It is ironic that, despite being co-devs on Smash as of late, they've yet to get someone new on the roster. Who knows what could happen at this point, really.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
It is ironic that, despite being co-devs on Smash as of late, they've yet to get someone new on the roster. Who knows what could happen at this point, really.
It’s probably a case of both Namco & Nintendo not wanting to seem biased for Namco content. But come on, no one would’ve been mad if we had gotten Heihachi, Lloyd & Chosen Undead at a steady pace.

Maybe Lloyd as Smash 4 DLC, Heihachi as an Ultimate base game newcomer & Chosen Undead in the DLC.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Namco staying at one character is just a repercussion of Smash not choosing characters based on the company. It's unlikely you get parity between them unless that's what you're trying to accomplish. So looking it at that way and being confused is kind of like when people questioned why Smash doesn't add more female characters or more villains; it just doesn't work that way - it doesn't include characters based on those factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom