• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
In preparation for Mass Effect, who would you all like to see in Smash out of all the characters?View attachment 313902 for
Definitely Garrus. He's so cool.

In terms of Devil May Cry, I think Nero would be more likely. Plus, Phoenix Wright doesn't have that feeling that spells out Smash Bros. Again: Smash Bros. is for gaming's greatest characters to duke it out in the ring. A lawyer doesn't have that kind of feel.
I love how you go with popularity when it comes to Chun-Li, Sakura and Makoto and then say you think Nero is the most likely DMC option, when Dante and Vergil are definitely more popular than him.

This comes from someone who prefers Makoto, but if we get a SF characters it's probably going to be Chun-Li, and if it's not her, then it's going to be someone like Akuma, not Sakura or Makoto, even if they're very popular.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So how many MWs does everyone have? Currently I have 27. There's also several that'd I'd like to see for the sake of others like Geno and Issac, but I didn't want to type out that many. A great deal will probably never happen, but it's fun to have dreams. It's fun to have lists honestly. I love lists.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Leon Kennedy
4. Master Chief
5. Tracer
6. Viewtiful Joe
7. Kratos
8. Rayman
9. Bomberman
10. Dante
11. Ezio Auditore
12. Scorpion
13. Spyro
14. Lara Croft
15. Nightmare (Soul Caliber)
16. Travis Touchdown
17. Nathan Drake
18. Cole Macgrath
19. Shadow the Hedgehog
20. Eggman
21. Miles "Tails" Prower
22. Knuckles the Echidna
23. Shovel Knignt
24. Doom Guy
25. Dixie Kong
26. Bandana Waddle Dee
27. Skull Kid
Lookie right there in my signature. The top one is in bold.

Actually it's a murderer hiding his intents.
So why is everyone giving me the evil eye, then? I just draw stuff and partake in fashion!

osby

Smash Obsessed
True, but at least those you mentioned were actually given their own moveset and were made to FEEL like they were a part of Smash. Hell, Captain Falcon had no moveset at all as he came from a racing game where all he did was sit inside his vehicle and Nintendo pulled a Jin Saotome in Marvel vs. Capcom on him. Phoenix Wright? He just does lawyer stuff. In a fighting game. He might have surprisingly fit the oddball bill for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but NOT for Smash. i'm sorry.
Wii Fit Trainer just does yoga and aerobic stuff, I don't see why Phoenix doesn't fit into the same game with them.

Not to mention his "lawyer stuff" includes wacky stuff like a psychic sidekick and a giant judge hammer coming from his nightmares.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I love how you go with popularity when it comes to Chun-Li, Sakura and Makoto and then say you think Nero is the most likely DMC option, when Dante and Vergil are definitely more popular than him.
Well, I am full of surprises.

This comes from someone who prefers Makoto, but if we get a SF characters it's probably going to be Chun-Li, and if it's not her, then it's going to be someone like Akuma, not Sakura or Makoto, even if they're very popular.
Yeah, that maybe true. I'm fine with whichever character we get.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So how many MWs does everyone have? Currently I have 27. There's also several that'd I'd like to see for the sake of others like Geno and Issac, but I didn't want to type out that many. A great deal will probably never happen, but it's fun to have dreams. It's fun to have lists honestly. I love lists.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Leon Kennedy
4. Master Chief
5. Tracer
6. Viewtiful Joe
7. Kratos
8. Rayman
9. Bomberman
10. Dante
11. Ezio Auditore
12. Scorpion
13. Spyro
14. Lara Croft
16. Travis Touchdown
17. Nathan Drake
18. Cole Macgrath
19. Shadow the Hedgehog
20. Eggman
21. Miles "Tails" Prower
22. Knuckles the Echidna
23. Shovel Knignt
24. Doom Guy
25. Dixie Kong
26. Bandana Waddle Dee
27. Skull Kid
1. Elma
2. Mecha-Fiora
3. KOS-MOS
4. T-elos
5. Ahri (or a League of Legends character in general preferably NOT Gragas I’d even take *ing SERAPHINE over him lmao...actually * Mordekaiser too I get so salty when pitted against him)
6. Octoling
7. Black Shadow
8. Gunvolt
9. Violet (Persona 5 Royal)
10. Yuri Lowell OR Velvet Crowe OR Shionne (Arise)
11. Reimu Hakurei
12. Neku Sakuraba
13. A Falcom character, preferably Estelle Bright or Rean Schwarzer
14. Renee Hope Blasey aka Wraith (Apex Legends)
15. Crash Bandicoot
16. Medusa
17. Adeline

after that I don’t really care

and yes I am a heckin weeb most of my faves are anime-ish humanoids :shades:

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Wii Fit Trainer just does yoga and aerobic stuff, I don't see why Phoenix doesn't fit into the same game with them.

Not to mention his "lawyer stuff" includes wacky stuff like a psychic sidekick and a giant judge hammer coming from his nightmares.
Not to mention he's gone toe to toe with a monkey, survived large falls, car accidents, concussions, tasers, performed exorcisms, yeah I think he's durable enough.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if Sakuraba signing on to do DLC songs for the first time means much, if anything, but I did notice something else.

The only song in Smash Ultimate originally composed by Sakuraba is the final boss theme from Golden Sun, and he did make a new arrangement for it. I guess no one involved in the Smash soundteam is averse to letting him remix his own work, since his only original composition in the series to date was arranged specifically by him.

Edit: oh wait, nevermind, he's had quite a few of his original compositions make it into the game, and none of them were arranged by anyone but him. In fact, in both Sm4sh and Brawl he arranged one or more of his original compositions. In Ultimate, he has had no original compositions make it yet.

I'm stretching, but it's fun to talk about for me.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Actually, do you think there is a character that could definitely not be made playable?
Meaning, absolutely no potential or too much of a problem that cannot be overlooked at all?
Two examples for me:
Wobuffet, who literally cannot attack.
Whispy Woods, a tree that cannot move.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
So how many MWs does everyone have? Currently I have 27. There's also several that I'd like to see for the sake of others like Geno and Issac, but I didn't want to type out that many. A great deal will probably never happen, but it's fun to have dreams. It's fun to have lists honestly. I love lists.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Leon Kennedy
4. Master Chief
5. Tracer
6. Viewtiful Joe
7. Kratos
8. Rayman
9. Bomberman
10. Dante
11. Ezio Auditore
12. Scorpion
13. Spyro
14. Lara Croft
16. Travis Touchdown
17. Nathan Drake
18. Cole MacGrath
19. Shadow the Hedgehog
20. Eggman
21. Miles "Tails" Prower
22. Knuckles the Echidna
23. Shovel Knignt
24. Doom Guy
25. Dixie Kong
26. Bandana Waddle Dee
27. Skull Kid
1. Look at my signature.
2. Sakura Kasugano (with Dark Sakura as a Final Smash that she can transform in and out of whenever she uses her Final Smash).
3. Lilith.
4. Nakoruru or Rera.
5. Arle or Doppelganger Arle.
6. Lloyd.
7. Vincent Valentine. Remember Ambition: God Bless The Ring? (...) I thought so.
8. Phantom R.
9. Dark Meta Knight.
10. Rock Howard.

Those are my top ten.

Also, if you watched the Mega Pokémon Battle Royale video TerminalMontage made, you would know who is on my avatar.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So how many MWs does everyone have? Currently I have 27. There's also several that I'd like to see for the sake of others like Geno and Issac, but I didn't want to type out that many. A great deal will probably never happen, but it's fun to have dreams. It's fun to have lists honestly. I love lists.

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Leon Kennedy
4. Master Chief
5. Tracer
6. Viewtiful Joe
7. Kratos
8. Rayman
9. Bomberman
10. Dante
11. Ezio Auditore
12. Scorpion
13. Spyro
14. Lara Croft
16. Travis Touchdown
17. Nathan Drake
18. Cole MacGrath
19. Shadow the Hedgehog
20. Eggman
21. Miles "Tails" Prower
22. Knuckles the Echidna
23. Shovel Knignt
24. Doom Guy
25. Dixie Kong
26. Bandana Waddle Dee
27. Skull Kid
I only have two being Sgt. Cortez and Axel Stone. Crash Bandicoot teeters on and off being a most wanted and Doom Guy used to be one but after the Isabelle bff stuff, I don't like him anymore. Besides I got Sgt. Cortez who can travel through time so that's way better.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In preparation for Mass Effect, who would you all like to see in Smash out of all the characters?View attachment 313902 for
Shepard would probably be who would get in and might have the most unique gameplay of anyone, But Liara or Garrus would be really cool

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Leon Kennedy
4. Master Chief
5. Tracer
6. Viewtiful Joe
7. Kratos
8. Rayman
9. Bomberman
10. Dante
11. Ezio Auditore
12. Scorpion
13. Spyro the Dragon
14. Lara Croft
16. Travis Touchdown
17. Nathan Drake
18. Cole MacGrath
19. Shadow the Hedgehog
20. Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
21. Miles "Tails" Prower
22. Knuckles the Echidna
23. Shovel Knignt
24. Doom Guy
25. Dixie Kong
26. Bandana Waddle Dee
27. Skull Kid

Green = Confirmed
Yellow = Character/Series/Company has content that could potentially disconfirm.
Red = implicitly or explicitly disconfirmed

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
THIS says otherwise...View attachment 313900
View attachment 313901
See, Capcom had a popularity poll, and Chun-Li was in 6th place. Who was Number 1? Sakura. I know popularity doesn't mean much, but in the words of Thorgi's Arcade, it does mean SOMETHING. Hey, on that same poll, Makoto got SECOND PLACE and she's been in only THREE STREET FIGHTER GAMES.

Yeah, about that... I honestly think that Capcom should give Morrigan a rest when it comes to Darkstalkers. Because, not only has Morrigan been the Darkstalkers representative in crossover fighting games, she's been the Darkstalkers representative in EVERYTHING. They should REALLY give Morrigan a rest and give another Darkstalkers representative to shine in a crossover fighting game, because Morrigan always steals the spotlight from every other Darkstalkers character.

In terms of Devil May Cry, I think Nero would be more likely. Plus, Phoenix Wright doesn't have that feeling that spells out Smash Bros. Again: Smash Bros. is for gaming's greatest characters to duke it out in the ring. A lawyer doesn't have that kind of feel.
unknown-1.png

Sure let's just completely ignore how Chun Li's historically been the next character to get in after Ryu in any Street Fighter crossover, gotten her own movie, has a ****ing Nicki Minaj song and more.

"Woah guys let's not use the mascot" as if you'd say this about Pikachu, Sonic, Link, etc.

Nero's a certified Good Boy but no way in hell is he getting in over the main character of the franchise who's still a major character even if Capcom's slowly shifting that role to Nero.

Everyone else has already addressed this last part, if they're able to make Nick fight Galactus, they can make him fight Mario, Pikachu, Sonic and more

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Leon Kennedy
4. Master Chief
5. Tracer
6. Viewtiful Joe
7. Kratos
8. Rayman
9. Bomberman
10. Dante
11. Ezio Auditore
12. Scorpion
13. Spyro the Dragon
14. Lara Croft
16. Travis Touchdown
17. Nathan Drake
18. Cole MacGrath
19. Shadow the Hedgehog
20. Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
21. Miles "Tails" Prower
22. Knuckles the Echidna
23. Shovel Knignt
24. Doom Guy
25. Dixie Kong
26. Bandana Waddle Dee
27. Skull Kid
Only a few feasible ones on my end:
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Sora
  • Crash

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Those who shun unconventional characters for now being as “cool” or conventional in their moveset potential hurt my soul.

Hell, if anything Smash is the perfect place for an oddball like Phoenix and to be totally honest I wish we were getting more out-there unconventional third parties.

Last edited:

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
For me it's:
1. Chosen Undead
2. Professor Layton
3. Shadow
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Dr. Eggman
6. Artorias
7. Josef (half joking)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Those who shun unconventional characters for now being as “cool” or conventional in their moveset potential hurt my soul.

Hell, if anything Smash is the perfect place for an oddball like Phoenix and to be totally honest I wish we were getting more out-there unconventional third parties.
I think I get the idea and I completely get it, not being able to imagine a moveset makes things tricky though fans of the character usually can help. That being said this is about a character who's already been in a fighting game and has teamed up with the likes of Kazuma Kiryu, Fiora and KOSMOS, X and Zero, Yuri Lowell and many more in a tactical RPG

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Getting Chun-Li in Smash would be cool... after we got a couple more Capcom characters and more third-party series had another character. I would kind of be disappointed to see Sakurai go back to the Street Fighter well for the third time when Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, and Okami are at zero and Mega Man, Sonic, Fatal Fury/KoF, and Metal Gear are at one respectively.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So how many MWs does everyone have? Currently I have 27.
MWs, eh?
  1. Wander from Shadow of the Colossus
  2. Monster Hunter
  3. Chosen Undead
  4. Ray 01/Ray series
  5. Shovel Knight
  6. Bomberman
  7. Dr. Eggman
  8. Dixie Kong
  9. Lyndis
  10. Medusa
  11. Hunter from Bloodborne
  12. Quote
  13. Professor Layton
  14. KOS-MOS
  15. Fawful
  16. Yuri Lowell
  17. Saber
  18. Elma
  19. Dark Matter
  20. Scizor
  21. Captain Syrup
  22. Tetra
  23. Nightmare
  24. Neku Sakuraba
And nothing specific, but still want:
  1. Mana Rep
  2. Phantasy Star Rep
  3. Final Fantasy Rep not from FFVII

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I think I get the idea and I completely get it, not being able to imagine a moveset makes things tricky though fans of the character usually can help. That being said this is about a character who's already been in a fighting game and has teamed up with the likes of Kazuma Kiryu, Fiora and KOSMOS, X and Zero, Yuri Lowell and many more in a tactical RPG
I'm sure Nick won't forget that time Maya called "butt" to Bison's chin

Or when he had Heihachi Mishima as a client

Or when he had the chance to hang out with Kiryu and Majima

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
View attachment 313908
Sure let's just completely ignore how Chun Li's historically been the next character to get in after Ryu in any Street Fighter crossover, gotten her own movie, has a ****ing Nicki Minaj song and more.

"Woah guys let's not use the mascot" as if you'd say this about Pikachu, Sonic, Link, etc.

Nero's a certified Good Boy but no way in hell is he getting in over the main character of the franchise who's still a major character even if Capcom's slowly shifting that role to Nero.

Everyone else has already addressed this last part, if they're able to make Nick fight Galactus, they can make him fight Mario, Pikachu, Sonic and more
One: I love that photo. Thank you. I'mma save it to my desktop later.

Two: Sadly, that movie was a live action film. And it did not get received well. Wasn't as bad as the original live-action Street Fighter movie, but STILL.

Three, and I've ALREADY explained this to detail on the previous page: not only has Morrigan been the Darkstalkers representative in crossover fighting game Capcom has ever made, she's been the Darkstalkers representative in EVERYTHING. Bringing her into Smash would mean two things: 1, Sakurai would have to censor her, and 2, if you put her in before any other Darkstalkers rep, it would TOTALLY defeat the purpose of Darkstalkers having various characters newcomers to the series would still have to be introduced too, because Morrigan would overshadow every other Darkstalkers character the series has and hog all the limelight. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but Morrigan is the most popular Darkstalker. And she's been used OVER AND OVER AGAIN. And I get that when I mentioned Sakura and Makoto I brought up their popularity, but with a series like Darkstalkers, variety is key. Don't just keep using Morrigan. SNK gets it: just look at 2003's SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos.

Four: Like I said before, if Dante and Phoenix get in, I'm fine with that. I'm not a whiny little butthead who complains over not getting what I want (looking at you, people complaining over Smash having 16 swordfighters at this point).

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord

Two: Sadly, that movie was a live action film. And it did not get received well. Wasn't as bad as the original live-action Street Fighter movie, but STILL.

Three, and I've ALREADY explained this to detail on the previous page: not only has Morrigan been the Darkstalkers representative in crossover fighting game Capcom has ever made, she's been the Darkstalkers representative in EVERYTHING. Bringing her into Smash would mean two things: 1, Sakurai would have to censor her, and 2, if you put her in before any other Darkstalkers rep, it would TOTALLY defeat the purpose of Darkstalkers having various characters newcomers to the series would still have to be introduced too, because Morrigan would overshadow every other Darkstalkers character the series has and hog all the limelight. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but Morrigan is the most popular Darkstalker. And she's been used OVER AND OVER AGAIN. And I get that when I mentioned Sakura and Makoto I brought up their popularity, but with a series like Darkstalkers, variety is key. Don't just keep using Morrigan. SNK gets it: just look at 2003's SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos.

Four: Like I said before, if Dante and Phoenix get in, I'm fine with that. I'm not a whiny little butthead who complains over not getting what I want (looking at you, people complaining over Smash having 16 swordfighters at this point).
I mean...Morrigan being used in everything is kind of why she's the most likely candidate right? It's like complaining Ryu being the SF representative because he's the crossover guy, or Terry being the SNK crossover guy. I really don't understand your reasoning here...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So we've discussed this a little, and so far we seem to have...
  1. The current name we seem to be sticking with is "Character/Fighter Exploration Thread"
  2. Every couple days, it focuses on certain characters. People can discuss movesets, stages, the character's backstory, the series itself, basically just anything relating to the character
  3. A noms system like in RTC would be implemented to encourage people to stick around, even if they don't know/care about the character that much. Five would be the minimum; More would be awarded for writeups, gameplay concepts (Movesets, stages, etc.), and asking questions about the character and related topics
  4. To avoid A: People cramming a bunch of questions into their posts at once, and B: Not have people take questions before another could ask them, you can ask only one question per post. After that, you need to wait for people to ask a couple more questions (2-3?) before you can ask yours. Other nom-worthy posts like unprompted (Re: Not responding to a question) movesets or writeups can lower that wait as well
Update on this, I've checked in with Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku about pinning the thread and they're checking in with the rest of the staff. Now we just have to wait for a response.

I'm trying to keep momentum for the idea going, so it doesn't just die out after the initial conception, so are there any other rules we should add? I think we've nailed the basics down, but I feel like we might be missing a couple subtleties.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Three, and I've ALREADY explained this to detail on the previous page: not only has Morrigan been the Darkstalkers representative in crossover fighting game Capcom has ever made, she's been the Darkstalkers representative in EVERYTHING. Bringing her into Smash would mean two things: 1, Sakurai would have to censor her, and 2, if you put her in before any other Darkstalkers rep, it would TOTALLY defeat the purpose of Darkstalkers having various characters newcomers to the series would still have to be introduced too, because Morrigan would overshadow every other Darkstalkers character the series has and hog all the limelight. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but Morrigan is the most popular Darkstalker. And she's been used OVER AND OVER AGAIN. And I get that when I mentioned Sakura and Makoto I brought up their popularity, but with a series like Darkstalkers, variety is key. Don't just keep using Morrigan.

Precisely for that reason, Morrigan is the most likely choice if we ever get a Darkstalkers character, because she's the most recognizable one. She has kinda trascended her series, a similar case with KOS-MOS and Xenosaga. For better or worse, more people know about Morrigan than Darkstalkers as a series.

When Nintendo or Sakurai are choosing characters I really doubt their mindset is about giving the spotlight to different characters. That's not their problem, that's up to Capcom in this case. They're just going to choose the popular one or the most marketable name for them. If they're adding a new series, specially a third party one, what makes sense is picking the main character or the mascot, because they're usually 1. the most well-known characters in their series and/or 2. the most popular ones from their series.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
I mean...Morrigan being used in everything is kind of why she's the most likely candidate right? It's like complaining Ryu being the SF representative because he's the crossover guy, or Terry being the SNK crossover guy. I really don't understand your reasoning here...
Well, I understand why Ryu and Terry are Capcom and SNK's go-to picks: I mean, Terry is the face of SNK, and alongside Mega Man, Ryu is Capcom's poster boy.

Darkstalkers, however, is a lesser known franchise. So that's why I'm all focused about variety on it when it comes to which Darkstalkers character might join Smash. Just like SNK did in SVC Chaos: don't just keep putting Morrigan in every crossover game where Darkstalkers gets involved, or she'll overshadow the rest of the cast. There's plenty of other Darkstalkers characters to use!

Pillow

Smash Lord
Well, I understand why Ryu and Terry are Capcom and SNK's go-to picks: I mean, Terry is the face of SNK, and alongside Mega Man, Ryu is Capcom's poster boy.

Darkstalkers, however, is a lesser known franchise. So that's why I'm all focused about variety on it when it comes to which Darkstalkers character might join Smash. Just like SNK did in SVC Chaos: don't just keep putting Morrigan in every crossover game where Darkstalkers gets involved, or she'll overshadow the rest of the cast. There's plenty of other Darkstalkers characters to use!
Nintendo has always chosen 3rd party characters for Smash using the same criteria . Among those criteria are recognizability and popularity. In the unlikely event that we do get a Darkstalker character, it will be Morrigan no matter how much you or anyone else would prefer it wasn't. It doesn't matter that DS is a smaller series than SF or KoF. It's really not that complicated.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can say that all the speculation in preparation for E3's arrival and FP2 with only two slots left, we are close to potentially run into the salt mines. However, that all depends on WHO will be revealed when Sakurai and Nintendo are ready to showcase the remaining challenger(s) at the event. (If no more DLC is true.)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Getting Chun-Li in Smash would be cool... after we got a couple more Capcom characters and more third-party series had another character. I would kind of be disappointed to see Sakurai go back to the Street Fighter well for the third time when Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, and Okami are at zero and Mega Man, Sonic, Fatal Fury/KoF, and Metal Gear are at one respectively.
As I already said I'm in a similar position. I'd enjoy Chun-Li a lot, but it's also true that a third SF character when Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry or Monster Hunter are at 0 would be kinda sad for me. Not to say, if it happens, Mega Man could totally get a second character as well, which is cool but also still kinda sad for these Capcom series with 0 playable fighters.

I know this isn't really a competition and if Chun-Li gets in, it's because Nintendo probably asked for her since the beginning, not because they were casually talking with Capcom for another character and ended going with SF for the third time. But still.

It's a hard stance for me because she definitely could be in Smash, and even if I hate to use this term, she would deserve it, considering how she's one of the most iconic videogame characters out there and all. She has plenty of legacy and reasons to justify her inclusion.

At the same time, Capcom has a big and rich library of IPs and fantastic characters, so not expanding the Capcom representation in Smash would feel kinda wrong to me. This would be less of a problem if Capcom had secured multiple slots for new characters in each Smash game, but we know that's not how it works lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Would Morrigan be like Ryu, Ken, and Terry? She's from a fighting game, so she'd probably have all the inputs and facing-the-opponent bits down.

Come to think of it, any fighting game character added to Smash could be like that.
All that plus extra mechanics like chain combos, which I suppose in Smash would become light jab->light tilt->heavy tilt->smash attack.

Pillow

Smash Lord
As I already said I'm in a similar position. I'd enjoy Chun-Li a lot, but it's also true that a third SF character when Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Devil May Cry or Monster Hunter are at 0 would be kinda sad for me. Not to say, if it happens, Mega Man could totally get a second character as well, which is cool but also still kinda sad for these Capcom series with 0 playable fighters.

I know this isn't really a competition and if Chun-Li gets in, it's because Nintendo probably asked for her since the beginning, not because they were casually talking with Capcom for another character and ended going with SF for the third time. But still.

It's a hard stance for me because she definitely could be in Smash, and even if I hate to use this term, she would deserve it, considering how she's one of the most iconic videogame characters out there and all. She has plenty of legacy and reasons to justify her inclusion.

At the same time, Capcom has a big and rich library of IPs and fantastic characters, so not expanding the Capcom representation in Smash would feel kinda wrong to me. This would be less of a problem if Capcom had secured multiple slots for new characters in each Smash game, but we know that's not how it works lol
I don't really care about Chun-Li personally, but I'm 100% willing to say she deserves to be here, probably more so than literally any other Smash candidate. She's THE video game girl. It's pretty telling that Smash is one of the few times Ryu has crossed over without Chun-Li coming with him, and this is coming from someone who has Phoenix as his most wanted newcomer.

Anyone who thinks that we'll get another SF character before Chun-Li is flat out delusional.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

There's always this solution:
1620246950881.jpeg

Granted, you'll lose out on match-ups like Chun-Li vs. Cloud, Sonic, Simon, etc., but it's probably the most practicable way of getting Chun-Li in a Smash Bros game without starving Capcom's other series.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
TBH I'm still lost as to how Sonic was one of the first two third-parties added and STILL lacks a second character
Even if two reached the number because of Echoes, we already have three third-parties that have double-dipped.

Anyway, Chun-Li would be nice to see eventually, but not right now. SF has been treated fairly in Ultimate so far, and I think most people are content with the amount of new content it got between Smash 4 and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom