• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
While having Roxas as Sora alts in an Olimar/Alph situation would be cool, if it were up to me I’d rather have alts based on Sora’s different forms. Alts based on Wisdom, Valor, Limit, Master, and Final Form would all be super cool, even if they alter his playstyle in his source game. I haven’t played KH3 yet so I don’t know any of his forms from that, but the fact that the KH2 form designs are so visually striking makes me really want them as alts

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
While having Roxas as Sora alts in an Olimar/Alph situation would be cool, if it were up to me I’d rather have alts based on Sora’s different forms. Alts based on Wisdom, Valor, Limit, Master, and Final Form would all be super cool, even if they alter his playstyle in his source game. I haven’t played KH3 yet so I don’t know any of his forms from that, but the fact that the KH2 form designs are so visually striking makes me really want them as alts
As far as i know the forms in KH3 dont actually have names.

The colors change depending on what Keyblade weapon your using. Using the hammer from toy story makes Sora have a brown outfit with cow spots, the Hercules one gives him a black and yellow outfit with a shield instead of a sword. etc.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As far as i know the forms in KH3 dont actually have names.

The colors change depending on what Keyblade weapon your using. Using the hammer from toy story makes Sora have a brown outfit with cow spots, the Hercules one gives him a black and yellow outfit with a shield instead of a sword. etc.
They do have names, though the forms are assigned on the archetype of the weapon used.
1618286000383.png

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If Eggman got in, I’d want his stage to be Studiopolis Zone. I know that doesn’t necessarily scream ”main villain’s base” but it’s simply way too fun for me to care.

Anyways:
I don’t think this means anything regarding Master Chief, but I still thought it was cool regardless.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Beaches are a default location you see in alot of SEGA games because SEGA was founded in Hawaii surrounded by palm trees (hence the SEGA AM2 logo)
But there are tons of beach based locations in Sonic games i dont know why Seaside hill is the one specifically focused on.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
For an Eggman stage, I'd want to go way back: Death Egg Zone. ARK or Eggmanland are probably more likely though, and they're cool too. As for Shadow, I know it's unlikely, but I would go for Radical Highway. I always liked the night city zones in Sonic. Plus, it would allow for a recreation if the SA2 opening in the reveal trailer

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
But there are tons of beach based locations in Sonic games i dont know why Seaside hill is the one specifically focused on.
Probably cause Heroes was closest the 3D games got to using the 2D games art style
One of the biggest draws for Heroes when it was annouced other than the return of the Chaotix was the visual design looking close to the 2D games after alot of fans disliked SA2 realistic approach (SA2 visual design was fine though).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You could have written a book by now.

That feel when you're on here so much that even SmashBoards itself is calling you out on it.

I think I will take its advice and take another break. I know I've been ping-ponging quite a bit here, but that's probably because I haven't been away long enough for the hiatus to make much of a difference. It's not quite as bad as it was before, but I can see where it's headed. I'll see you guys when the next character drops.

Before I go, final thoughts on this conversation:

I'm starting to think Sonic has a lot of potential for some great stages or something.
It's almost like when you base a stage from a platformer off of an area that isn't the equivalent of World 1-1 things get wild. lol

Hello darkness my old friend

I still want to see one of the silhouette levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns get added. All the characters would look super cool on it. Especially the already glowey ones like Pyra/Mythra and...Oh yeah, Mega Man's eyes are screens in this game so they'd glow here too...Maybe it isn't such a good idea. I don't need that nightmare fuel.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Eggman got in, I’d want his stage to be Studiopolis Zone. I know that doesn’t necessarily scream ”main villain’s base” but it’s simply way too fun for me to care.

Anyways:
I don’t think this means anything regarding Master Chief, but I still thought it was cool regardless.
Master Chief in Smash or not, I like that these kind of things are happening more these days, where the companies are acknowledging, paying homage to and complimenting each other and even on occasion having each others' IP feature across systems (though this is still rare). I hope it helps pacify some of the console warring. Watching that first Microsoft and Nintendo "survive together" commercial was wild.

I mean, ten years ago this never would've happened, and the fanboys were at each other's throats. Twenty years ago was even more ruthless, and cross-competitor collaboration would be unthinkable, to the point that Sonic and Mario just going to the Olympics together was a pretty big deal, even though it was a simple waggly sports/minigame spin-off like seven years after Sega bowed out of consoles. Thirty years ago was before my time, but back then they were smashing each other's consoles as commercials.

Though obviously Master Chief in Smash would still be nothing short of huge in way I think might be better appreciated by those cognizant of the gaming landscape when the IP was under Bungie's tenure, basically single-handedly making Xbox a viable competitor to the other two.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I do wonder how a lot of people who primarily go on this thread will feel once everything's all done, clearly a new game's going to be a while away and speculation will die, so maybe people will just want to talk to others and all. In that case, Sakurai should give us a therapist as our final character.
Athena_Cykes_%28SoJ%29_-_desk_slam.gif

RIP our boy Nick but my neurodivergent daughter's different

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
I do wonder how a lot of people who primarily go on this thread will feel once everything's all done, clearly a new game's going to be a while away and speculation will die, so maybe people will just want to talk to others and all. In that case, Sakurai should give us a therapist as our final character.
View attachment 311067
RIP our boy Nick but my neurodivergent daughter's different
What do you mean Nick would obviously be an alt:4pacman:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's two outcomes to this situation.

The first is polyamory.

The second is Adrestian civil war, ending in a violent nuclear explosion (Despite the fact that Fodlan probably doesn't have nuclear weaponry yet, but shh).
Funny enough you're mistaken with that second one

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Probably worth mentioning that smash bros has: Referenced Pokemon anime only stuff on multiple occasions, has a Street fighter spirit based on a character who was made for the Street fighter manga and retroactively added to the games after the fact and references Advent children way too much.

So there is already content from outside of gaming in Smash, just in small areas.

I can kinda see them putting Mickey in as a legendary spirit or something under the pretense that "It's Square's version of Mickey who's an entirely different character than the regular Mickey we all know and tolerate."
Honestly, KH Mickey is different enough where they could get away with that... atleast for a spirit.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Honestly, no he's not.
I’d say he is very distinct. I don’t know if I would say he is different enough though
Cartoon Mickey is either a happy-go-lucky Everyman or a wacky mischief maker. KH Mickey is a mostly serious king of a multiverse who’s also a powerful swordsman.

They look the same (besides their clothes) & are both kind hearted but I’d say they’re pretty different.

Donald & Goofy are a lot closer to their cartoon counterparts though. But Donald should’ve been a berserker/brawler. IDK why he’s a healer when he’s famous for going on fits of rage, that would’ve been perfect in combat.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Cartoon Mickey is either a happy-go-lucky Everyman or a wacky mischief maker. KH Mickey is a mostly serious king of a multiverse who’s also a powerful swordsman.

They look the same (besides their clothes) & are both kind hearted but I’d say they’re pretty different.

Donald & Goofy are a lot closer to their cartoon counterparts though. But Donald should’ve been a berserker/brawler. IDK why he’s a healer when he’s famous for going on fits of rage, that would’ve been perfect in combat.
And... none of those personality differences will show up in a .png.

He'll be Mickey Mouse copyright Disney, either way.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Donald
Healer

Bruh when has Donald ever reliably healed anyone?

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
To keep the PSO2 discussion going, I'll ask again:

Who would be viable candidates? The rumor mentioned Matoi, but I'm not very knowledgeable on the series, so I can't really say. Are there any other character who would fit? Or would there be a class that could be used? There doesn't seem to be a default/mascot class, so I'm not sure who would fit.
That's a good question, maybe they could go for someone like Alis Lansdale, Nei or Rolf from the classic Phantasy Star series?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I still want to see one of the silhouette levels from Donkey Kong Country Returns get added. All the characters would look super cool on it. Especially the already glowey ones like Pyra/Mythra and...Oh yeah, Mega Man's eyes are screens in this game so they'd glow here too...Maybe it isn't such a good idea. I don't need that nightmare fuel.
A minecart stage that functions similarly to Big Blue would be fun as well. Mine carts act as the main stage and rocket barrel platforms act as fall-through platforms. Every so often there'd be a jump and when the platforms land they'd be in a different formation. The hazardless, Omega and Battlefield versions keep the appearance of the level being on rails but other than the scenery moving would be completely stationary platforms. There's a few different aesthetics they could cycle through to keep it interesting as well - mines, an amusement park, a sawmill, etc.

Lots of great music potential, too.
-DKC1 Minecart theme (take your pick of the Returns remixes for it)
-DKC2 Roller Coaster theme (link)
-DKC2 Haunted Chase (link)
-DKC3's Hot Pursuit, used for its toboggan levels (link)
-Any DK64 Minecart music (Jungle Japes, Fungi Forest, Creepy Castle and I'll throw in the Frantic Factory car race theme because I can)
-The Tropical Freeze cart music; Trunk Twister, Sawmill Thrill, High Tide Ride,

Could easily squeeze in music from actual mine levels too.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm gonna be real; I'm growing more and more excited for the potential of Master Chief in Smash. His likelihood is plenty debatable, sure, but just think of how well they could pull him off! Guns, grenades, hell, think of a stage set on one of the rings! It'd be gorgeous!
Well, if he's in, I don't think he'd be FP11, so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Since we’re talking about Kingdom Hearts, how would everyone feel if in the extremely unlikely event that we got a double reveal of Sora and either Ansem or Xemnas at E3? I would honestly much rather have them than Sora but they wouldn’t really make any sense to add without him. I don’t think there’s really much if any chance of that happening but I would love it if it did. Maybe Ansem or Xemnas could be the bonus character some are speculating on so we could still get another character if people don’t care for Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Since we’re talking about Kingdom Hearts, how would everyone feel if in the extremely unlikely event that we got a double reveal of Sora and either Ansem or Xemnas at E3? I would honestly much rather have them than Sora but they wouldn’t really make any sense to add without him. I don’t think there’s really much if any chance of that happening but I would love it if it did. Maybe Ansem or Xemnas could be the bonus character some are speculating on so we could still get another character if people don’t care for Kingdom Hearts.
I wouldn't like this outcome simply because two characters from the same series are taking two slots from the Fighters Pass. I would really prefer if each character came from different companies and different series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom