• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How are we all feeling on the stage? I like the aesthetics and music. But not sure how I feel about Gramps sending me to Brazil cause he felt like turning his head.
That Battlefield and Omega form looks great though.
It's way too ****ing small for more than 2 players. ****, it looks really small for 2 players as is, and it's gimmick makes the stage smaller sometimes because **** you. Such a huge contrast to the KoF stadium, the objective best stage we've gotten in years

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Xenoblade 1's medley was so horrible

and they decided to make a XC2 medley,

Xenoblade music is great but god are the remixs horrible
This actually makes me fear for whenever X content is added

THEY BETTER NOT BUTCHER ABORESSS OR I WILL CUT A ****.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
How are we all feeling on the stage? I like the aesthetics and music. But not sure how I feel about Gramps sending me to Brazil cause he felt like turning his head.
Yeah, that'll probably make it kinda unfun to fight on, and kills its legality. It's super cool aesthetically, though!

Also rip Monster Hunter and rip Arthur. Looks like our guess that we could see the MH armor return this wave was right. Like Sakurai, I too was really happy to see Ghosts n Goblins get a new game! At least Arthur fans have that :)

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
This actually makes me fear for whenever X content is added

THEY BETTER NOT BUTCHER ABORESSS OR I WILL CUT A ****.
btw for those who haven't heard it

it's litterly the chorus of song's stitched together with no buildup at all.

Last edited:

RiderFan

Smash Rookie
I think that the next fighter is going to be revealed around June, and the final around November. I highly doubt we're going to see both of them by summertime.
Uh what? We've had reveals around 2-3 months apart so how would we go from a June reveal and then suddenly a 5 month gap until November? If anything the range would be around May at the earliest or June at the latest for the next character then September at the very latest for the final character if we don't get two reveals for E3.

We don't even know if Nintendo will be involved with E3 yet, so if they don't then we could easily get a reveal in May at the earliest following the trend too. If they do go to E3, they're definitely revealing two characters with different release dates.

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know, I also got to be honest

These new Mii costume waves have kind of been Anemic to be honest with you

The fact that there were only 4 Costumes with Pyra/Mythra today kind of makes me tone down the amount I was expecting. I'm going to guess there really is more that goes into these Mii costumes than what meets the eye

And not even just in developing the Costumes, but perhaps the Negotiation. I think the only Costume where I'm unsure on their negotiation timing is Arthur. Vault Boy was probably negotiated earlier than we might expect because Bethesda talked to Nintendo about Smash sometime around E3 2018 (A big part of the reason Doomguy got some much Speculation), Suda's been asking for Travis for awhile now, and the Rest of the costumes already had some presence in the game, or were negotiated with the characters most likely (and character negotiation can depend on when you feel it happened)

If there were many more costumes in the future, I don't think there would only be 4 in this Mii Costume Pass. They seem to heavily be re-using assets to Make their Mii Costume passes, which include Spacing out the costumes so they don't have to make as Many, and perhaps using assets from the game or other games to make their costumes.

I don't know how that would affect Speculation. It does add to a theory I've been brainstorming about FP2 ever since Pyra/Mythra were revealed, but that's my theorycraft, and probably one I don't think many people would follow.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What, he probably wants you to have a good time over here. I can vouch for our food and music, at the very least. :4pacman:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah I think the stage is really small. Maybe I'll change my opinion while trying the stage but I don't know.

I guess this was the only choice if they wanted to show the other titans in the background.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Miku would be legit hard because of how much money nintendo would have to give each and every producer of each and every song
Just saying, but, couldn’t they just, like, make some new music instead of needing to license existing music? Maybe make new remixes of Nintendo songs with Vocaloid lyrics added? IDK how Vocaloid copyright works, though.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Ridiculously late for this comment as I've been working all day, but I still don't feel like writing Capcom off entirely. Hypothetically the inclusion of the MH costumes now could just mean that a potential Capcom character could have additional franchise ones when they're released (Wright having an Edgeworth costume as an example) and that they were basically finishing off old ones prior to 10 or 11's release.

Basically, I think Smash has zigged too many times when its been expected to zag for me to say anything more definitive than a few other companies (Sega, Konami, Koei Tecmo) feel like they have a bit more of a chance now.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Why is Shantae out?
I feel like she's not gonna get in because there was a story about the Wayforward Devs just sending Nintendo pictures of Shantae randomly out of the blue and essentially not expecting them to do anything with them. That doesn't give me high hopes for Shantae being in if they were just randomly sent pictures and weren't actually asking for them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What, he probably wants you to have a good time over here. I can vouch for our food and music, at the very least. :4pacman:
That's what they all say before kidnapping you and sending absurdly high ransom demands
A fun little speculative thought I had: the Arthur costume is coming very close to when his new game was shown off. This might make recent-ish things like Among Us more likely to get in as a Mii costume.
Eh, the new GnG has a exclusivity deal with Nintendo, I feel like that would be known of way earlier than the Among Us port and I think it's a safe bet that Capcom are closer than a dev team of like 3 people

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just saying, but, couldn’t they just, like, make some new music instead of needing to license existing music? Maybe make new remixes of Nintendo songs with Vocaloid lyrics added? IDK how Vocaloid copyright works, though.
I feel that would still require paying the producers of the songs. Most of the songs for vocaloid are made my individual people.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I find it a funny coincidence that I kinda had Pyra's placement right in my first Fighters Pass 2 Prediction Post lol
Fight_Pass_2_Predictions.png
I'm hoping hard for my girl, Velvet Crowe, but I am fine with Yuri Lowell as well for the Tales rep.
Same here! I really hope we get Velvet Crowe..she'd definitely be the most unique Sword Fighter what with her kicks and daemon arm..and I've shared it a lot, but they could censor her design like this and still look true to her character..it even have something skintight on beneath it similar what Pyra has.
VelCro.gif

Last edited:

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Ridiculously late for this comment as I've been working all day, but I still don't feel like writing Capcom off entirely. Hypothetically the inclusion of the MH costumes now could just mean that a potential Capcom character could have additional franchise ones when they're released (Wright having an Edgeworth costume as an example) and that they were basically finishing off old ones prior to 10 or 11's release.

Basically, I think Smash has zigged too many times when its been expected to zag for me to say anything more definitive than a few other companies (Sega, Konami, Koei Tecmo) feel like they have a bit more of a chance now.
Considering that they made Hero have 3 previous DQ protagionists as alts with all different voice acting for each of them, I could see them doing the same for Phoenix and making his first three alts complete model and voice swaps with the same moveset for Edgeworth, Apollo, and maybe Mia respectively?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Considering that they made Hero have 3 previous DQ protagionists as alts with all different voice acting for each of them, I could see them doing the same for Phoenix and making his first three alts complete model and voice swaps with the same moveset for Edgeworth, Apollo, and maybe Mia respectively?
RIP my girl Athena lol

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I feel that would still require paying the producers of the songs. Most of the songs for vocaloid are made my individual people.
If they only did remixes of Nintendo-owned songs, wouldn’t they have the people who normally make Smash remixes do these remixes? They’re already paying them anyway, so it wouldn’t be anything extra.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So who's ready for the Tales of Wars until June.... and possibly September?

Buckle in, gonna be a long ride.
From the looks of it, it'll just be the Lloyd Wars. Is he dead, or is he not? Heck, we might even get Tales and a Lloyd Mii, assuming we get someone like Yuri or Velvet as the fighter instead.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just woke back up. (Went back to sleep after the presentation.)
The Mii Costumes in this wave were quite disappointing. Two waves in a row without a Deluxe Mii. Was hoping for Rayman or Shovel Knight.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ehhh I don't see it at all. For echo fighters yeah, Edgeworth or Apollo could work.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Not sure how familiar you are with MH lore, but are the Gajalaka a bunch of masked tribal Felynes or are they a different species of creature?
They're a different species. Gajalaka are monkeys, not cats. But they're both Lynians, which is MHs term for, like, beastmen.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I don't really believe that. A new Switch that's stronger can obviously benefit from titles getting stronger, but I don't think people would want to spend like 130 bucks for a single title on said stronger hardware
Oh I meant that it’d be marketing by osmosis. Someone would see that 2B or someone is the next Smash character & then they’d see some advertising for the Switch Pro.

mariofan48

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mariorocks4life
Ehhh I don't see it at all. For echo fighters yeah, Edgeworth or Apollo could work.
If it can work for Hero, it can work exactly the same way for Phoenix, considering that they've proven with Hero that they can do full model swaps. It wouldn't need to be an echo fighter.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If they only did remixes of Nintendo-owned songs, wouldn’t they have the people who normally make Smash remixes do these remixes? They’re already paying them anyway, so it wouldn’t be anything extra.
Now that, idk about. At that point, I think they would just have to pay Crypton Future Media but then learn how to use miku right so it doesnt sound like garbage when she sings lol

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
I find it a funny coincidence that I kinda had Pyra's placement right in my first Fighters Pass 2 Prediction Post lol
View attachment 305974

Same here! I really hope we get Velvet Crowe..she'd definitely be the most unique Sword Fighter what with her kicks and daemon arm..and I've shared it a lot, but they could censor her design like this and still look true to her character..it even have something skintight on beneath it similar what Pyra has.
View attachment 305975
It would be a dream come true to have Velvet here, she is my favorite tales character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom