• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, I just had a thought regarding Euden that's somewhere between morbid and darkly comedic.

After the tragic fates of James Spring Man and Rex, who could feasibly pull another Chrom on Euden? Easiest option would be going straight to Midgardsormr; No swordie attached, only dragon. From what I can gather, Mym/Brunhilda is also notable for being a dragon with a human form, so maybe her instead? Granted, I don't know Dragalia that well, so if anyone can pitch in that'd be appreciated.

I almost feel guilty that this is becoming my thought process for first-parties now

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I feel the only reason they didn't do the custom moves for the Echoes is down to balancing. They're already infamous for their terrible balance in Smash 4 as some lead to ridiculous exploits like Villager's Exploding Balloons + Sprout Trap, while others are outright bad and added nothing to the character, so they would have to be patched up and evened out if they were brought back. Additionally, Echoes were added with the intent of being easy to add characters and throwing a new move on would add a little more to balance that they may've not felt comfortable in doing. So it ended up being something that may've not been seen as worthwhile to the development team and they focused on other things.

That said, if they had more time to do it I would've liked to see a couple worked in per character. Something like Dark Samus getting Samus' Apex Screw Attack custom would've been a small change that went a long way in helping to differentiate her, and it would've been fitting since she does have a charge move similar to it in the Prime Trilogy.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
speaking of Protoman if they could somehow bring him in it would be a good idea to make the daytime Wily castle option available from the 3DS version of SSB4
Somewhere, a fan of Orbital Gate Assault is crying
honestly this was one of my most played stage the transition of it was so good and epic

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Ehhhhhhhh I get your point but the abandoned factory features many iconic and memorable moments in the game, including stuff you have yet to see in your playthrough. Though the amusement park would certainly be my second choice for a stage if the factory wasn't possible
just finished flowering M[a]chines ending for my first playthrough,.im still hesitant on the Factory but since you played it it seems i think you have a better idea about what you're talking about then me lol., but yeah the amusement park was probably the highlight of my playthrough when I entered for the first time, I didn't know you didn't have to fight the tank :(

I just hope they don't do city ruin's, it would be a unique look for smash but it wouldn't represent Automata well at all.

anyway i want to get all the ending's but im wondering? are they guided ending's you do in a order or do NieR Automata's subsequent playthroughs have multiple options?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Y'know, I just had a thought regarding Euden that's somewhere between morbid and darkly comedic.

After the tragic fates of James Spring Man and Rex, who could feasibly pull another Chrom on Euden? Easiest option would be going straight to Midgardsormr; No swordie attached, only dragon. From what I can gather, Mym/Brunhilda is also notable for being a dragon with a human form, so maybe her instead? Granted, I don't know Dragalia that well, so if anyone can pitch in that'd be appreciated.

I almost feel guilty that this is becoming my thought process for first-parties now
The answer's obvious, add in Marth 2, Mega Man 2 or Joker 2

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Well, if its turned out that Euden is a Smash Fighter, then I hope their Smash symbol is the Dragon symbol that is depicted in the Persona 5 event special illustration.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
just finished flowering M[a]chines ending for my first playthrough,.im still hesitant on the Factory but since you played it it seems i think you have a better idea about what you're talking about then me lol., but yeah the amusement park was probably the highlight of my playthrough when I entered for the first time, I didn't know you didn't have to fight the tank :(

I just hope they don't do city ruin's, it would be a unique look for smash but it wouldn't represent Automata well at all.

anyway i want to get all the ending's but im wondering? are they guided ending's you do in a order or do NieR Automata's subsequent playthroughs have multiple options?
I think City Ruins works great for representing the Nier series.

A lot of what makes Nier great as far as post-apocalypses go is how beautiful it all is, even amongst the constant warring between the robots and androids.
1614673078117.png

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I think City Ruins works great for representing the Nier series.

A lot of what makes Nier great as far as post-apocalypses go is how beautiful it all is, even amongst the constant warring between the robots and androids.
View attachment 305607
Yeah, my personal choice would be the amusement park but city ruins arguably represents Automata the best. Sakurai also really likes turning starting zones into stages.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yeah you need to do multiple playthroughs, A to C/D will come naturally as you keep following the story missions, but everything else is optional. If you want to do all the endings I recommend doing E as the last one as that's the final story mission and a good way to finish the game

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
They could be the hazard, turning the match into an impromptu Hunt. In Hazardless or Omega/Battlefield they can be resting in the background instead.
I actually think that Gaur Plain gimmick could work well for a MonHun stage. Have a random monster appear with hazards on, whoever beats it gets a point (if you're playing on Time mode).

Gonna disagree with you there. If you want to represent the full game rather than just a part of it, City Ruins is the best option. You could even make it a traveling stage:
  • near the entrance to the Factory
  • near the Desert
  • the... crater (dunno how to describe it without being spoilery)
  • Resistance Camp entrance
...and others. Amusement Park is cool, and admittedly one of my personal favorite areas, but it would only represent a specific part of the game.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Actually, after my epic funny sukapon post, I checked and found out that Sukapon doesn't have an Ultimate support thread.

what the **** is this travesty

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Hard to say as there's not really a 1:1 comparison to Pyra/Mythra. In terms of the story Euden is pretty much the main focus with the others not really contesting him. If you look into promotion and marketing we do get a few standouts in Zelthia, Midgardsormr, and Notte, but they also have their own issues.

Midgardsormr is plausible since he's a face of the franchise, but due to how the gameplay gimmick works with Dragalia I feel they'd want him attached to someone to best represent it. Notte doesn't fight so I doubt she'd be in consideration unless they were aware of future plans when picking a character since she is looking to be playable very soon. Zelthia is iffy... Technically she does drives the plot through being the main villain's vessel for a long time and she does take center stage at different points such as the recent Anniversary event (which had Euden barely present), but generally it's done through her role as a damsel in distress. It does get better for her if you take into account her Zena form who operates separate of her, she's tied to a very important plot point, she's playable, and is introduced pretty much as soon as Euden is so people would immediately be familiar with her. However, even with Zena she takes a backseat for a good chunk of the story so her story presence is limited relative to her brother.

So in short, there's not really a good Pyra/Mythra alternative. The closest I think we'd get to that would be Zena + Midgardsormr, but it still wouldn't be the best fit.

As for Mym, she's very popular, but she's more of a side character then a secondary protagonist like Pyra/Mythra, so I'm not sure they'd go with her either.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Hard to say as there's not really a 1:1 comparison to Pyra/Mythra. In terms of the story Euden is pretty much the main focus with the others not really contesting him. If you look into promotion and marketing we do get a few standouts in Zelthia, Midgardsormr, and Notte, but they also have their own issues.

Midgardsormr is plausible since he's a face of the franchise, but due to how the gameplay gimmick works with Dragalia I feel they'd want him attached to someone to best represent it. Notte doesn't fight so I doubt she'd be in consideration unless they were aware of future plans when picking a character since she is looking to be playable very soon. Zelthia is iffy... Technically she does drives the plot through being the main villain's vessel for a long time and she does take center stage at different points such as the recent Anniversary event (which had Euden barely present), but generally it's done through her role as a damsel in distress. It does get better for her if you take into account her Zena form who operates separate of her, she's tied to a very important plot point, she's playable, and is introduced pretty much as soon as Euden is so people would immediately be familiar with her. However, even with Zena she takes a backseat for a good chunk of the story so her story presence is limited relative to her brother.

So in short, there's not really a good Pyra/Mythra alternative. The closest I think we'd get to that would be Zena + Midgardsormr, but it still wouldn't be the best fit.

As for Mym, she's very popular, but she's more of a side character then a secondary protagonist like Pyra/Mythra, so I'm not sure they'd go with her either.
Aegis without Driver Rex does show that the origin game’s lore and gameplay can be disregarded if there’s an angle to a moveset that’s unique to Smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'll be honest here, I'm kind of feeling down about Fighter Pass 2 because it's almost over and not all of our favourite characters are going to get in if there really is going to be no Fighter Pass 3. I'm still hard set on Crash Bandicoot and the Monster Hunter Rise Protagonist being our last two characters for this pass. Crash has the five year plan (Albeit the contents of it are not known) to fall back on and I doubt Nintendo with all the support they're showing for Monster Hunter Rise would pass up on the opportunity to get more Monster Hunter content.

I'm still holding on to what little hope I have left that Cortez might be part of this pass but like I said before, the 'evidence' I've conjured up for him is likely all coincidence and I expect him to get absolutely nothing in Smash. I just hope THQ Nordic/Koch Media/Deep Silver or whoever the hell actually owns the series aren't just stringing us TimeSplitters fans along like Crytek was doing if Fighter Pass 2 does end and no new information about TimeSplitters happens.

Anyway I'm just rambling on about nothing here. I'll continue to post about Cortez and TimeSplitters whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Time to Split

I'm ready to go compressed.gif

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I was going to post this in the official threads we have for Falcom characters but I figured out I'd just post it here:

Basically it's Falcom's 40th anniversary and Famitsu will celebrate it with interviews and other info, in the upcoming magazine, I think.

huh so i know no one cares and this probably isn't the right thread for it but, im after the flooded part in NieR automata

2B is now my most wanted character and she has to to be a trio character with pod and 9S.

i really hope if they add her in, they don't do the bunker or ruined city or the factory, im honestly kind of sick of seeing the "it appears for 5 minutes in the game and then is never seen again but we can make a 3 minute background cinematic for it so screw actual important area's" stages in the DLC, heck they even just made up Joker's stage from persona's UI. the best stage would either be the apartment complex or the amusement park.
To be honest I don't know which stages are you talking about. The only one that fits with your description is the Cloud Sea stage that will come with Pyra and Mythra and still I can see why they would choose that one, if what they wanted was to include the main titans of the game in the background.

Most of the other DLC stages are important places in their games. As for 2B, I think City Ruins would be great. Amusement Park would be great as well and I can see why someone would consider it more unique than the initial area, but City Ruins is still an important and representative area of the game.

And as long as the stage comes with it's song, one of my faves from Automata, everything will be alright

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I was going to post this in the official threads we have for Falcom characters but I figured out I'd just post it here:

Basically it's Falcom's 40th anniversary and Famitsu will celebrate it with interviews and other info, in the upcoming magazine, I think.
Not gonna lie, I'm starting to not believe in Adol's chances anymore. He doesn't seem to fit Second Chance theory at all and while Falcom is an important company, the Adol leak is on its last legs and I'm starting to doubt getting 4 JRPG swordsmen in the same pass (Counting Mythra as her own character because of the website). If we don't see a Hollow Knight Premium Mii in Pyra/Mythra's Sakurai Presents video I'm gonna call the leak dead.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not gonna lie, I'm starting to not believe in Adol's chances anymore. He doesn't seem to fit Second Chance theory at all and while Falcom is an important company, the Adol leak is on its last legs and I'm starting to doubt getting 4 JRPG swordsmen in the same pass (Counting Mythra as her own character because of the website). If we don't see a Hollow Knight Premium Mii in Pyra/Mythra's Sakurai Presents video I'm gonna call the leak dead.
I thought the Hollow Knight Mii was for the League of Legends leak not the Falcom one??

D

Deleted member

Yeah the second chance thing was always about it being more convenient to add characters that already had some kind of work go into them, whether it be conceptualizing them or negotiating for them. That doesn't mean new negotiations or conceptualizations couldn't have happened between the base roster and FP2 though. And even then there's no way we know about every single character that may have been considered for FP1 or base so the point is moot.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Strange thought I had: if Euden and Corrin are both sword-wielders with dragon powers, what if Euden as a fighter reused some of their moves (most likely the sword slashes and dragon-wings back air, but a couple of the specials might work if they're close enough to Euden's abilities)?

Anyone more familiar with Dragalia Lost, how possible is this scenario? Either as DLC or if Euden was base-game for a future Smash?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Strange thought I had: if Euden and Corrin are both sword-wielders with dragon powers, what if Euden as a fighter reused some of their moves (most likely the sword slashes and dragon-wings back air, but a couple of the specials might work if they're close enough to Euden's abilities)?

Anyone more familiar with Dragalia Lost, how possible is this scenario? Either as DLC or if Euden was base-game for a future Smash?
They use their Dragon Powers and Swords differently.

Euden cannot use the dragon powers outside of the shapeshift. to compensate Euden has other elemental powers unrelated to the Dragon The elements are Fire and Light. Euden is also much faster with his sword than Corrin is (Also Corrin's is a chain sword but that seems negligible.) While similar in concept I cannot see them being that close to eachother.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Not really; in Dragalia Lost, when you turn into a dragon, it's absolute. No Corrin nonsense in the home game, so it equally wouldn't make any sense in Smash.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think League is probably next when it comes to Western Third Party Fighters in Smash. Mostly because of China and Tencent. The fact That Tencent was able to bring the Switch into China, and the fact that Nintendo trusts them enough to even release a Console of theirs in a Region they've historically had a rough time in says a lot for Nintendo and Tencent's Relationship. So that alone is singlehandedly more of a Relationship than what Activision has with the Big N. That and the fact that a Chinese Translation is already done, if they were to ever release Smash Ultimate in China, then I 100% think Nintendo would try and prioritize a character from League due to its popularity over in China. That and League has a wide variety of options, 154 to choose from, and they're all wildly unique from anything we've seen in Smash as of now. Now, just because I'm saying the argument, doesn't mean that I want this character, I actually really don't want it specifically because of the Chinese Government's Involvement in literally owning Tencent. I'm just saying that there's a compelling argument to be made here.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I didn't post that in regards to Smash, I just found it and thought it was interesting to share. Obviously Falcom's 40th anniversary has nothing to do with Smash.

Also, I don't remember the Falcom 4chan leak verywell but I'm pretty sure that at this point that leak is pretty much fake.

In any case, at this point I'm just hoping for the next character to be one that has never been mentioned in regards to Second Chance Theory, because if I'm being honest I'm already kinda tired of that theory. Mainly because it seems we can only talk about the regular suspects that fit said theory, or at least they do based on supposed real info that has transpired.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I think League is probably next when it comes to Western Third Party Fighters in Smash. Mostly because of China and Tencent. The fact That Tencent was able to bring the Switch into China, and the fact that Nintendo trusts them enough to even release a Console of theirs in a Region they've historically had a rough time in says a lot for Nintendo and Tencent's Relationship. So that alone is singlehandedly more of a Relationship than what Activision has with the Big N. That and the fact that a Chinese Translation is already done, if they were to ever release Smash Ultimate in China, then I 100% think Nintendo would try and prioritize a character from League due to its popularity over in China. That and League has a wide variety of options, 154 to choose from, and they're all wildly unique from anything we've seen in Smash as of now. Now, just because I'm saying the argument, doesn't mean that I want this character, I actually really don't want it specifically because of the Chinese Government's Involvement in literally owning Tencent. I'm just saying that there's a compelling argument to be made here.
A subsidiary of Tencent is also developing Pokémon Unite...

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Urgh, Tuesday sure is a day that exists, I tell you what. Scientifically proven.

Here is something for fun List 10 more villains you want to add in smash
1. Hades (Kid Icarus)
2. Emperor Bulblax or Plasm Wraith
3. Dr. Eggman
4. Dr. Neo Cortex
5. Captain Syrup
6. Porky Minch
7. King Hippo
8. Rex Fury
9. Dahlia Hawthorne
10. Ghetsis
11. Dr. Coyle

Okay, so for series that don't have Assist Trophies (DLC included), who would you like to see?
Yoshi: Miss Warp
Pokémon: Todd Snap in the ZERO-ONE
Ice Climber: The Condor
Game & Watch: Popeye or Snoopy
Robot: Professor Hector
Duck Hunt: Hogan?
Wii Fit: Grandma's Mii
Punch-Out!!: Glass Joe
SSB/Mii series: Duon or Matt
Final Fantasy: Vincent Valentine
Persona: Jack Frost
Dragon Quest: Stella