• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Lanky Kong is a clown option too
I was thinking more Crazy Dave, since he's the most important character plot-wise who could be implemented, and he'd also be able to bust out multiple different plants in his moveset rather than relying on one plant's abilities for a moveset. He'd also be able to use various different tools as well, like the Rake or the Lawnmower. Overall, I think he'd be able to have a more comprehensive moveset regarding the series.
I see Crazy Dave as more of taking a Doc Louise role for little Mac but for Peashooter or final smash
In a way I could see the sunflower having the similar purpose as the crafting table for Steve but just taking solar energy so the planting would work

7NATOR

Smash Master
When do you guys predict the DLC, FP2 will finish (as in when the Last character releases)

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The closer you graze the danmaku, the more pleasure you feel.

I can already see the salt. Really Sakurai? Another ****ing plant?! :079:
Another plant is a good thing its weird if people get salty over that
Just look we are lucky to have 2 plants :ultivysaur: :ultpiranha: and 2 robots :ultrob::ultmegaman: in this game we could play as but I think more can be done

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Maybe we'll get a reveal/release in April/May and then the last one is revealed at E3 and released a month or two later?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
When do you guys predict the DLC, FP2 will finish (as in when the Last character releases)
Depends on when Pyra and Mythra release. If it's the same day as the presentation or shortly after, we could see a sped-up release cycle that ends with an E3 reveal, possibly with an August release to complete the set. If it's in the middle of the month or close to the end, it's probably a September release.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I have a feeling that even if the character is done by then, they'll be delayed so it can be announced near E3.
I mean they could but it seems like the characters are starting to get revealed less than 2 months apart. I think Nintendo are ready to wrap up Fighter Pass 2 pretty soon.

SKX31

Smash Master
Hey guys so anyways Touhou 18
This has absolutely nothing to do with Smash or Reimu's chances. Just thought I'd share.
Translation's here: Touhou 18: Unconnected Marketeers announced. Trial Version at Reitaisai on March 21st. Full Version in May. – Twilight Newspaper (wordpress.com)
Reimu and co. become stockbrokers? :4pacman:

You say that like it's an abnormality :4pacman:
Considering the amounts of Leaps of Logic per capita going on in this thread, it's safe to say that "getting ahead of ourselves" is perfectly normal.

I mean they could but it seems like the characters are starting to get revealed less than 2 months apart. I think Nintendo are ready to wrap up Fighter Pass 2 pretty soon.
Why do I get the creeping feeling that more and more people will discuss FP3 regardless of whether it happens or not... :p

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
After Pyra and Mythra, How do we feel about more first parties?

I’m leaning more towards 2 third parties myself.
The significant thing with first parties is that they've all felt like giving due to games/franchises that missed the mark due to their timing. The only recent release that still falls within that would be a Gen 8 Pokémon, but getting yet another first party JRPG character (the second one in the latter pass no less) just feels a bit unlikely.

7NATOR

Smash Master
After Pyra and Mythra, How do we feel about more first parties?

I’m leaning more towards 2 third parties myself.
Unless it's like Waluigi, or something like that, I really don't expect any more First Parties. alot of the candidates are implied to have not been chosen (Zelda, Gen 8 Pokemon, Astral Chain, Ring Fit) or I just think will get out-prioritized

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves entertaining an additional unrevealed character before June.
If that's getting ahead of themselves, how bad is it that I might (MIGHT) be expecting both CP10 and CP11 to Drop both in June?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have a feeling that even if the character is done by then, they'll be delayed so it can be announced near E3.
That seems unreasonably silly. If they’re done in May they’ll be released in May.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hold on

I thought the 29-30 executable slots were removed in the 2.0.0 update?
Sorry for the late response, but for some reason, that was an error that was posted on the TCRF. The placeholders still exist in the executable, and have been used consistently ever since.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Might as well start expecting another reveal during the P/M presentation if April and May seem like legitimate plausibilities.

And the fanbase responds.

template-dw-blank-sign-898-0c6db91aec9c.jpg

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sorry for the late response, but for some reason, that was an error that was posted on the TCRF. The placeholders still exist in the executable, and have been used consistently ever since.

If you or anyone you know can grab a shot of this list either now or post-Pythra, do so, I’d like to have a more in depth look. Using my phone at work so can’t fiddle rn

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Might as well start expecting another reveal during the P/M presentation if April and May seem like legitimate plausibilities.
It's not that much of a stretch, given that it hasn't been officially stated how far apart characters are released. It's been confirmed that Pyra and Mythra are the only characters featured in the presentation, so we actually have confirmation on that. The Steve-Sephiroth gap was only two months to the usual three, and it's the same with the Sephiroth-Pyra gap. If the Blades release around the presentation, we may just get another two-month gap between Pyra and CP10.

Granted, that's still an if. If Pyra and Mythra release in the middle or at the end of March, it means we're sticking to the three months. I also agree that April is too soon; May is the earliest I can see CP10, and as stated before, that's still a what-if scenario.
Wasn't Steve pushed back to be announced alongside Minecon?
Don't think there was any official statement on this. For all we know, the dates just lined up and that's it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wasn't Steve pushed back to be announced alongside Minecon?
No that’s entirely speculation. Aside from that he wasn’t announced at Minecon he was announced the week before. He was presented directly before Minecon, yeah. He then didn’t release for another week right? I’m sure they have PLANS for release but that doesn’t mean they’re delayed to line up with stuff.

This doesn’t mean that a character is gonna be ready by May because the character is likely planned for June either way. But a character will likely not be delayed just to line up with something. It’s more likely that that was the plan all along.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
One of the character I find it very interesting to have in smash is Peashooter from plant vs zombies I have never seen before a tower defense character in a fighting game before and being represented in a way that it’s still like implementing many things that can distract opponents it would feel like a mix of :ultpacman: :ultsteve: :ultduckhunt::ultpiranha: A very crazy combination.
Peashooter is pretty much the face of tower defence games and can be regarded as an icon
Also we have Zombie in smash already so...
Ah, yes P vs Z I enjoyed the first one, stopped keeping track of the franchise only find out years later it's now a 3rd person shooter. That was an experience...

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
KayJulers posts a top 10 video on what songs in Xenoblade 2's soundtrack he wants the most with Pyra/Mythra's reveal.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If you assume there were factors that affected development last year (pandemic, troubleshooting Min-Min & Steve) that may have pushed things back in the first half of the year, the second half still lines up to a regular release schedule.

Min Min: Late June
Steve: Mid October
Sephiroth: Mid-Late December

Averaging roughly 3 months between releases basically feels like where we're at. Getting Pyra/Mythra roughly the second week of March and getting fighter 10 roughly the second week of June could be entirely possible, especially given we've seen time between fighter release dates within a pass last that long before.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom