• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Why is everyone just assuming Lloyd will come back with Pyra? I'm not exactly banking on him being playable, but just because it would fit doesn't mean it's more likely to happen. If he's a mii costume he'd have been a mii costume regardless of whether or not there was an appropriate character to bring him back with. I mean somehow Terry came and went with no Heihachi only for him to come back with Min Min of all characters.
The points raised are that they have two swords, he's from an action-RPG, and Xenoblade is connected to Bamco by virtue of Xenosaga. That, and everyone's been banking on Lloyd's death since Gil. Personally, though, I'm not quite convinced.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Somehow, there is a section that seems to have been obtained in an illegal way ... Did you get the event properly? My parents are Yoshi.
I wonder if this is about the Yoshi tax evasion meme, after all, Ash's VA got busted for that in Japan

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Somehow, there is a section that seems to have been obtained in an illegal way ... Did you get the event properly? My parents are Yoshi.
Although a humorous translation, perhaps Sakurai is referencing the Mew Glitch allowing one to catch Mew without needing to go to an event.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I assume the first bit is talking about the Mew/Missingno glitch. Don't know what the Yoshi parents thing is for...

Unless he is somehow referring to this old thing.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Terry came and went with no Heihachi only for him to come back with Min Min of all characters.
To be fair, ARMS is still a fighting game. It makes enough sense for Heihachi to release there.

But yeah, obviously these characters aren't really obligated to come with anyone outside of their company or series. I do still think Lloyd is at least the safest bet if we do get a returning Mii Costume this batch and I think there's a very good chance we'll see him personally.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
cough*Cynthia*cough

Spiritomb, Milotac and Garchomp
Honestly, Cynthia is probably the only chance I'll ever get to play as Milotic. I still think it would be a bad move to do another transformation character (whose movesets aren't clones like Pyra's), but Cynthia's gradually winning me over...
The only way I could get legitimately hyped over a Pokemon rep at this stage in the game is if it was Cynthia. I don't care how, just give me Cynthia lol
Yes. More Waifu for the Smash Gods. :demon:

I wouldn't mind Cynthia if they do another Trainer character. If there is another Trainer character, aside from Cynthia, the only other ones I want for a Trainer character are Blue/Gary, Silver, N or Giovanni.
Rather than a transformation character. We could also get solo Garchomp who has an install mechanic where he is able to transform into Mega Garchomp while Cynthia is in the background supporting him.
I'd only be sold on another Pokémon if it was another Pokémon trainer, and Cynthia absolutely fits that bill. I think she's pretty widely considered the best champion.
I'd love for Cynthia to show up in Smash! If anything, I see her working similar to Yugi Muto in Shonen Jump's fighting games. In her case, Cynthia would actually be ON the battlefield, summoning her Pokemon to help her out in battle.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd love for Cynthia to show up in Smash! If anything, I see her working similar to Yugi Muto in Shonen Jump's fighting games. In her case, Cynthia would actually be ON the battlefield, summoning her Pokemon to help her out in battle.
in that case make cynthia a close up brawler, or just have pokemon as stand's basically.
Sorry, but I'm not interested in Cynthia enough such that I
1) Want to play as her when she does nothing but command pokemon
2) Beat the **** out of her when I'm fighting as someone else

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

7NATOR

Smash Master
Not saying concert leak is real... hell it is 100% fake but that screenshot is 100% fake because I see nothing on era about it. Imran never said that and that user above has no posts. Anyone can fake Imran's words just like they did with previous "leakers" like verge.
Yeah I tried to look for the post, but I couldn't find evidence of the post. It might have been photoshop from when imran was talking about another 4Chan leak

In any case, Imran might not be needed. It's just a theory, But Papagenos might actually not only be the key to confirm that the Concert leak is fake, but might also have the key that could pin down AT LEAST one of the last 2 FP2 Fighters, to just 2 characters

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505

Nintendo Wars Episode V: The Ninjas Strike Back
4zomrq.jpg

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Time to ruin everyone's fun. This isn't about Yoshi's tax evasion. It's just about legitimate Mews having the ID of Yoshi or Mario.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ah yes.

My favourite third party photographer from one of the more wellrespected franchises of it's genre.

Yuri Lowell
What? No, Pillow was obviously referring to Yuri Sakazaki. Don't know how one expects another SNK rep that isn't from Metal Slug though.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
in that case make cynthia a close up brawler, or just have pokemon as stand's basically.
If we are gonna have another Trainer, i would prefer if they worked like Yugi on Jump Super/Ultimate Stars.

A lot of visual spectacle could be achieved by doing this, and they could reuse already exisitng Pokéball summon models to save resources if they please.

I honestly would have preferred if Red worked like this. Imagine having him summon Machamp for a powerful Foward Smash, or Summon Pidgeott for a recovery move, and so on.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't believe Decidueye has a semi-plausible chance again.
So... maybe we could finally have a Pokémon Trainer with Pokémon from different generations since it would be from an official game and not from some fan’s head canon.

New Pokémon Trainer with Decidueye, Oshawott, and Quilava... or Dewott and Cyndaquil.

Either way, Decidueye for Smash!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The points raised are that they have two swords, he's from an action-RPG, and Xenoblade is connected to Bamco by virtue of Xenosaga. That, and everyone's been banking on Lloyd's death since Gil. Personally, though, I'm not quite convinced.
I see the logic of why he would come with this wave if he happens to be a mii costume, but it doesn't affect the chances of whether or not he's a costume to begin with. He has the same likely hood of being a costume as if Pyra and Mythra were not in the game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Cyndaquill, Dewott and Decidueye would be the best imo, though I wouldn’t mind Rowlet, Dewott and Typhlosion either.
Typhlosion and Decidueye are both in my top 3 favorite Pokemon, so choosing just one to be playable is tough. I'd probably go with Decidueye, because it would be more unique, but in an ideal world we get both.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
More Smash dreams last night. They just don't stop! A bunch of RPG characters that I had zero knowledge of got announced (I was very disappointed), and the big one: ANGRY BIRDS. The trailer made this out to be a big deal, and I tried to convince myself that this was a worthy addition.

Meanwhile my wife was pregnant, and this was somehow tied to who would come next to Smash. I joked "Well I hope it's a certain marsupial", and she thought that was really funny.

What is my brain?!

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey, I've figured out a character archtype that doesn't have any playable representation in the roster: Clowns!

Now, part of this post is a joke, but what clown characters would be good for Smash? XD

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Kefka from FFVI and Dimentio from Super Paper Mario. I think that's it.
I love SPM. I still want to try the more traditional Paper Mario games, but I have a lot of fond memories of that game. One of the few games I've played that actually moved me.

I honestly wouldn't mind Dimentio! He was a really interesting villian...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom