• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey guys so anyways Touhou 18
This has absolutely nothing to do with Smash or Reimu's chances. Just thought I'd share.
Translation's here: Touhou 18: Unconnected Marketeers announced. Trial Version at Reitaisai on March 21st. Full Version in May. – Twilight Newspaper (wordpress.com)
And so, Reimu joined Smash as a shill pick.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Cyndaquill, Dewott and Decidueye would be the best imo, though I wouldn’t mind Rowlet, Dewott and Typhlosion either.
I think Oshawott or Rowlet would get the first form, they are both insanely popular in Japan. Unfortunately I think Cyndaquill would get Ivysaur'd and be the middle evo of the trio.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If we are gonna have another Trainer, i would prefer if they worked like Yugi on Jump Super/Ultimate Stars.

A lot of visual spectacle could be achieved by doing this, and they could reuse already existing Pokéball summon models to save resources if they please.

I honestly would have preferred if Red worked like this. Imagine having him summon Machamp for a powerful Forward Smash, or Summon Pidgeott for a recovery move, and so on.
Honestly, this is precisely how I'd want Cynthia to play. Especially in regards to differentiate her from Red and Leaf. With her being a Champion and all, I feel as though it wouldn't be that out of character for her, would it?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think Oshawott or Rowlet would get the first form, they are both insanely popular in Japan. Unfortunately I think Cyndaquill would get Ivysaur'd and be the middle evo of the trio.
Yes, the Oshawott line also has the conumdrum of the final form not really being suitable for Smash. I could see Rowlet/Dewott/Typhlosion for that reason.

Rowlet would be really cool either way and I think that personally Dewott is the best of the Oshawott line but I can see Oshawott being the first stage of the bunch too.

Maybe they’ll even give all of them their first stage and go from there, plenty unique things you can do from that as well.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey, I've figured out a character archtype that doesn't have any playable representation in the roster: Clowns!

Now, part of this post is a joke, but what clown characters would be good for Smash? XD
We already have a clown rep, just make a self-insert Mii Fighter.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the Oshawott line also has the conumdrum of the final form not really being suitable for Smash. I could see Rowlet/Dewott/Typhlosion for that reason.

Rowlet would be really cool either way and I think that personally Dewott is the best of the Oshawott line but I can see Oshawott being the first stage of the bunch too.

Maybe they’ll even give all of them their first stage and go from there, plenty unique things you can do from that as well.
Yeah in all honesty we are just assuming they'd follow the same pattern as Pokemon Trainer, for all we know, a hypothetical Legends Trainer could have 3 base forms or 3 final forms instead.

There's also a chance that we might get new forms for these 3 - so that could be very interesting. 👀

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm curious about something: What would the Character Select Screen look like after FP2 has been completed (both with Echoes merged and Echoes separated)? Depending on how it'd look, it could open a little bit of potential for a 3rd Pass, since that could potentially fill the whole screen.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah in all honesty we are just assuming they'd follow the same pattern as Pokemon Trainer, for all we know, a hypothetical Legends Trainer could have 3 base forms or 3 final forms instead.

There's also a chance that we might get new forms for these 3 - so that could be very interesting. 👀
The base forms could be plenty unique, between Oshawott as the swordfighter, Rowlet as projectile zoner and Cyndaquill as the combo character.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm curious about something: What would the Character Select Screen look like after FP2 has been completed (both with Echoes merged and Echoes separated)? Depending on how it'd look, it could open a little bit of potential for a 3rd Pass, since that could potentially fill the whole screen.
I've just learned that, with echo fighters stacked, FP2 would fill the whole CSS. Now, in order for FP3 to fill in the screen for both options (assuming #2 would add an extra column for the rest of the new fighters), it'd have to give a set of 4 echo fighters.

Lamperouge said:
But Joker is already in the game. :4pacman:
But he's not in his clown form, not even as an alternate costume. ;P

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hey, I've figured out a character archtype that doesn't have any playable representation in the roster: Clowns!

Now, part of this post is a joke, but what clown characters would be good for Smash? XD
I know lots of people think we should have more ARMs reps in Smash 6......

ARMS Update Introduces Custom Controls, New Fighter Lola Pop - mxdwn Games

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I feel bad for people who have a fear of crowns. They wouldn't like the idea of an fighter that's based on that fear.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Uh, why not? Samurott is motile, is affected by gravity, and has limbs with which to attack. Far as I can see, there's basically no problems.
It'll be more sluggish than its pre-evolutions.
Yeah, Peach, Daisy, and K Rool must really scare those poor people with a fear of crowns. :troll:
Especially K. Rool with his Side-B. Be glad the princesses don't have that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That was me who did that (ironically)! Yes, the WOL file [spirits_campaign_enc_foto_param.prc] has a very inconsistent file history for whatever reason. With some placeholders being added and deleted at random. You can even see a diagram of it's file history in the spoiler below.

However, it's definitely been proven that the 16 placeholders was an intended amount as they do exist in another file in the game (I believe the air attack param file) which has a very consistent file history.

And the number of Max CSS spaces the game can handle before it crashes, minus the existing base roster nets the same amount of spots as the already existing param placeholders. So the devs definitely had the number in mind, it's just that this one file just has a weird revision history.

Although, to say there are no contradictions wouldn't be accurate. Because in the executable, there are 29 placeholders in there. Which contradicts the 16 placeholders. (Although, the 29 placeholders could be a remnant of an expanded Max CSS the team had at some point in development, since adding another row to the existing 91 Max CSS nets you the same amount as the executable placeholders (note, linked image is not to scale and is only an artist mockup). But... that's relatively unproven at this point.)

So... yeah. They definitely had the 16 placeholder number in mind, but there's definitely some contradictions that could be brought up.
Hold on

I thought the 29-30 executable slots were removed in the 2.0.0 update?
Yo so no clue how much people are still paying attention to the supposed voice theory and/or placeholder slots, but they don't seem to mean much of anything. I started poking around in the WoL param files to see if it was possible to add fights for the DLC characters, and in the process, I've discovered a few things about placeholder data.
  • Voice Theory has absolutely no legs to stand on outside of a perfect square which is ultimately meaningless. The parameter file for the sound test (ui_voice_db.prc) has no placeholder entries in it. The entries for DLC characters are simply added to the end of the album list. The final two entries in the list are Sephiroth and Advent Cloud.

• Within the World of Light movement params (used for map movement), there exist 10 unoccupied entries. These entries start from dummy_07 and go to dummy_16. There are a few irregularities with the dummy slots. The first dummy string is dummy_02, and counting backwards from dummy_07 puts dummy_02 at Terry, leaving four slots (Plant, Joker, Hero, and Banjo) unaccounted for. The Cutting Room Floor has a bit more information that helps explain this discrepancy. I unfortunately only have the current patch to work from:

A whopping 30 placeholder character slots existed in the files of the character selection screen at launch before being removed in the v2.0.0 update. There are also a slightly smaller 16 placeholder character slots in the files for the World of Light and in the attack_log_parameter.prc file, Piranha Plant and Joker from Persona 5 replaced the two placeholder slots from the World of Light and the attack_log_parameter.prc file, the Hero from Dragon Quest XI and Banjo and Kazooie did not replace of any of the placeholder slots in the World of Light, two more placeholder slots were removed in v6.0.0, Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses did not take any of the placeholder slots in v7.0.0, and one slot was replaced by Min Min in v8.0.0 and Steve replaced another slot in v9.0.0, it is unknown if this applies to the rest of the DLC fighters or not.

The important bits here are Plant, Joker, Min Min, and Steve replaced slots, while Hero, Banjo, and Byleth did not. If this article is accurate, then there is one dummy string (dummy_01) unaccounted for, and slots can be arbitrarily removed or added at any time.

tl;dr version, any theory that involves unused entries in game data is faulty, especially if the data never existed in the first place (voice theory)

also real leak
Just wanted to make sure for consistency... ngl this can be a bit confusing at times.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
It'll be more sluggish than its pre-evolutions.
Would it really be that sluggish? It doesn't look like a Pokemon that necessarily has to move slowly. And its Speed stat is higher than Dewott's in the games, anyway. Even if it were a slower character, would that matter? It'd just be a heavy. Bowser's not too sluggish for Smash.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
One of the character I find it very interesting to have in smash is Peashooter from plant vs zombies I have never seen before a tower defense character in a fighting game before and being represented in a way that it’s still like implementing many things that can distract opponents it would feel like a mix of :ultpacman: :ultsteve: :ultduckhunt::ultpiranha: A very crazy combination.
Peashooter is pretty much the face of tower defence games and can be regarded as an icon
Also we have Zombie in smash already so...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
One of the character I find it very interesting to have in smash is Peashooter from plant vs zombies I have never seen before a tower defense character in a fighting game before and being represented in a way that it’s still like implementing many things that can distract opponents it would feel like a mix of :ultpacman: :ultsteve: :ultduckhunt::ultpiranha: A very crazy combination.
Peashooter is pretty much the face of tower defence games and can be regarded as an icon
I was thinking more Crazy Dave, since he's the most important character plot-wise who could be implemented, and he'd also be able to bust out multiple different plants in his moveset rather than relying on one plant's abilities for a moveset. He'd also be able to use various different tools as well, like the Rake or the Lawnmower. Overall, I think he'd be able to have a more comprehensive moveset regarding the series.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Hey guys so anyways Touhou 18
This has absolutely nothing to do with Smash or Reimu's chances. Just thought I'd share.
Translation's here: Touhou 18: Unconnected Marketeers announced. Trial Version at Reitaisai on March 21st. Full Version in May. – Twilight Newspaper (wordpress.com)
The closer you graze the danmaku, the more pleasure you feel.

I can already see the salt. Really Sakurai? Another ****ing plant?! :079:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Plants VS Zombies was my first video game ever. Having Crazy Dave would be really cool. Presumably having a seed mechanic allowing him to plant stuff like Chompers, Peashooters, Cactuses, Snow Peas, ect.
He would certainly be a unique inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom