• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Since we're in a realistic expectations kinda mood, I want to ask what likely-seeming character, if revealed tomorrow, would y'all be genuinely disappointed by?
Pokemon. Just Pokemon.
That and a small first party.

Give me some Zelda love, I'd allow some Xeno.

But some D/C tiers first party or just a gen 8 rep would put me to sleep so hard, id be back in hibernation until next fighter.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Since we're in a realistic expectations kinda mood, I want to ask what likely-seeming character, if revealed tomorrow, would y'all be genuinely disappointed by?
Rillaboom.

I don't even want a Gen 8 Pokemon (unless it's Cinderace) and this would probably be the worst of them for me.

Stay away from me meme monkey.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Pokemon, Zelda, Mario

if we're getting a first party i want it to be from an unrepped franchise for first party's i would excuse bandanna dee though since he should've have been in 2 games ago.

a repped franchise would just be pretty disappointing to me in general, sephiroth was cool but he's sephiroth so that's an exception, the only other 2nd rep i'll accept is raiden.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I've been thinking and... no character comes to mind.

Before, I didn't want Steve at all, but he got in anyway, so I doubt any character could disappoint me as much as he did at this point.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Alright. So someone apparently just leaked the new fighter early. If you don’t want to be spoiled don’t click the link. Seems pretty legit. Has gameplay and everything.

Before anyone says anything. No, I’m not apologizing.
Thank GOD, I thought you were being dead serious when you made this. You definitely got me, I was horrified to click the tab open! As an autistic man, the incapability to distinguish jokes from serious things will haunt me to the grave.

In other news, I'm whipping up a doodle to express my preparedness for tomorrow. Might post it here when I finish it up.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Real talk: I can't get over how good the characters' hair looks. It might legit be the best hair animations I've ever seen in a 3D fighter. I didn't see a single instance of clipping, unlike, say SFV.
That's because it's all hand animated instead of being generated by a physics engine.

Warrior of Light, the protagonist of the Dissidia series.
Lol, I guess. Not exactly his real claim to fame though.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
A tales of Rep or Dante

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
So the character was leaked huh? I spoiled myself on Banjo and Hero, i don't want to do that again. so I love you guy's and all but i'll be gone for the time being. don't worry though i'll be back because I know how much you didn't miss me last time I left, I kid lol.

just a question though for those who saw it, is it a pokemon? if it is there's basically no reason for me to get excited so i may as well just know now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So the character was leaked huh? I spoiled myself on Banjo and Hero, i don't want to do that again. so I love you guy's and all but i'll be gone for the time being. don't worry though i'll be back because I know how much you didn't miss me last time I left, I kid lol.

just a question though for those who saw it, is it a pokemon? if it is there's basically no reason for me to get excited so i may as well just know now.
It was a troll face.

You trust us way too much. lmao

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nintendo 64 online would be cool. Not that I'd get the game I want with it, but I'd love to play Smash that way, though!

So many cool games that could be on there~

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
It was a troll face.

You trust us way too much. lmao
im too trusting, i should be more pessimistic.

anyway Arle please. or Ryza, the interview saying she isn't could just be a lie, :( please....

Edit: while on the bright side im not leaving anymore!! Yayy!!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright. So someone apparently just leaked the new fighter early. If you don’t want to be spoiled don’t click the link. Seems pretty legit. Has gameplay and everything.

Before anyone says anything. No, I’m not apologizing.
Step 1.) Cover yourself in oil.

Step 2.) JOIN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!

Trollface

is Strollin' Through!

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
For my most wanted mains...

If it's Reimu who gets in, I'll change my PFP to Reimu here and on Twitter for a bit and I will cosplay as Reimu.

If it's Sol Badguy who gets in, I will change my PFP to either Ramlethal or Elphelt Valentine and try to play Strive on release for 24 hours straight.

If it's Kiryu I'll record myself singing Baka Mitai.

I doubt it'll be any of these three but I will hold up on my word if any of them got in.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace

If it's Reimu who gets in, I'll change my PFP to Reimu here and on Twitter for a bit and I will cosplay as Reimu.

If it's Sol Badguy who gets in, I will change my PFP to either Ramlethal or Elphelt Valentine and try to play Strive on release for 24 hours straight.

I doubt it'll be any of these three but I will hold up on my word if any of them got in.
if Arle got in i'll change my pfp to yu and rei from puyo puyo, however since im already attached to my current one i'll just split my pfp in half between the one I have now and yu and rei.

Pillow

Smash Lord
A lot of pokemon hate here...I wouldn't mind it personally. A Pokemon definitely would not be the most exciting character, but I actually have enjoyed playing pretty much every pokemon character they've added to Smash. I just think they feel and animate really well, and have a lot to draw from in terms of moveset. The only caveat is that I'm not too keen on Cinderace specifically, which is definitely the most likely Gen 8 Pokemon.

Because it's a Nintendo Direct, I think the chances of getting a 1st party or Nintendo affiliated character is likely. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'd personally be more excited by a pokemon than Crash or Rex.

Unrelated to the topic but, do you guys think that the Direct happening during very U.S. friendly hours as opposed to Japanese hours has any significance?

Some good choices here. We'll definitely hold you to it! I have no connection to Sol, but he looks cool. Though I'm a much bigger fan of pretty much the entire rest of the cast of Guilty Gear apart from Ky (Sol's Unga Bunga sword guy doesn't really resonate with me) I understand that it's Sol or no one from GG.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Thank GOD, I thought you were being dead serious when you made this. You definitely got me, I was horrified to click the tab open! As an autistic man, the incapability to distinguish jokes from serious things will haunt me to the grave.

In other news, I'm whipping up a doodle to express my preparedness for tomorrow. Might post it here when I finish it up.
I’m not ashamed to say I jumped and hit my head on my fan after seeing this. I’m just glad I got someone.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unless you can't hover over a link(which is an issue for mobile users), it's not hard to tell a joke from the real thing in these cases.

...Though that's often why joke links aren't always allowed.

Anyway, I hope we don't get an actual leak for who it'll be. It's more fun to learn tomorrow. Datamining is one thing, since we had a small idea of Brave(and it helped we had other leaks from various users who made it way easier to figure it out, since it was an extremely generic name... which then again, was for a semi-generic character, due to not having a straight character name, but being a class like Pokemon Trainer and Villager are, so).

MisterMike

Smash Champion
There are very few characters that I actively would not want in Smash, and neither of them save for a Gen VIII Pokemon are on that list; Crash, Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, Rex, a Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Master Chief, Lloyd Irving... none of them would disappoint me.

7NATOR

Smash Master
This probably has nothing to do with cp9, but if it does, it could mean that cp9 is a sword character https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1361842807489646595
Just to ask, when do we get info about which characters are in the Tournament

Judging by the picture, I don't think this tournament only Disallows Sword characters. There may be fighters that don't use swords that can't participate. Not every character (that has no Sword) has an attack where they use their whole Body. Little Mac as an example only uses his fists

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I sincerely detest your fake leak.
I have a written statement prepared for this
I’m so sincerely sorry I have inconvenienced and annoyed you.
Despite it being my clear intention to “troll this n00b” I never should have so cruelly messed with your brain. I only hope you can forgive me.

Bet you thought I would put the troll in part 4 huh?
If I stop the voices get louder...

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I have a written statement prepared for this
I’m so sincerely sorry I have inconvenienced and annoyed you.
Despite it being my clear intention to “troll this n00b” I never should have so cruelly messed with your brain. I only hope you can forgive me.

Bet you thought I would put the troll in part 4 huh? Problem?
If I don’t stop the voices get louder...
I didn't think you would put the troll in any part ;-;

anyway i forgive you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom