• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
Because that would put XC2 far above the average regarding game to spirit ratio, putting it above titles like Ocarina of Time, Awakening, and Street Fighter 2, and because not every game gets all their characters as spirits.
Even then XC2 consists of two different games so it wouldn't be breaking that rule. I wasn't really saying they should add all 10 spirits I listed but it's weird that less important characters or smaller characters got the spirit spots over two major villains. What is also strange is the fact that all missing spirits are the ones that appear in torna the golden country(besides vandham who is kinda minor in xc2 anyways)

This is pretty tinfoil hat but its almost like they left a space to futureproof if they decided to add rex or lora in the future. Doubt it will happen tho lmfao

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even then XC2 consists of two different games so it wouldn't be breaking that rule. I wasn't really saying they should add all 10 spirits I listed but it's weird that less important characters or smaller characters got the spirit spots over two major villains. What is also strange is the fact that all missing spirits are the ones that appear in torna the golden country(besides vandham who is kinda minor in xc2 anyways)

This is pretty tinfoil hat but its almost like they left a space to futureproof if they decided to add rex or lora in the future. Doubt it will happen tho lmfao
If you wanna start buffing up the lineup to account for other characters and you begin and end after a single title, it's clearly playing favourites though.

Most series with rotating casts will have big gaps in their spirits present, because of the total quantity of characters within that series. Especially when the series is on the smaller side, like Xenoblade.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Honestly, Doomguy has cultivated such a distinct feeling and tone that his reveal would be one of purest forms of coolness Smash has ever seen.
Do you guys think the Smash reveal will be at the very beginning of the direct, somewhere in the middle, or at the very end?
Going for the middle. I don’t really have a reason for this, its just a hunch.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Do you guys think the Smash reveal will be at the very beginning of the direct, somewhere in the middle, or at the very end?
Either the first thing or last thing if it’s a full trailer. If it’s a tease like the arms one it’ll be in the middle. I think we get a full trailer for botw2 and the release date at the end and we see smash stuff at the start. (but this could just be hopeful guessing)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm. I'd say at the end. That way it's the most hype thing and they can easily introduce the Sakurai presents timing last(or the Smash direct, as unlikely as the idea is).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I wanna say the middle, or at least 15 or so minutes in. They'll probably start and end the direct with brand new/ bigger general announcements as is the norm

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
If you wanna start buffing up the lineup to account for other characters and you begin and end after a single title, it's clearly playing favourites though.

Most series with rotating casts will have big gaps in their spirits present, because of the total quantity of characters within that series. Especially when the series is on the smaller side, like Xenoblade.
Tru

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Either the start or the last, but Nintendo should have knowledge by now that if you wanna keep those audiences reel, you put that **** to the end... unless you have two, then one at the start and one to close it, because **** like that's happened.

I wanna say the middle, or at least 15 or so minutes in. They'll probably start and end the direct with brand new/ bigger general announcements as is the norm
Name one time they've done that. I'm serious, my memory is ****.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Name one time they've done that. I'm serious, my memory is ****.
I think the only time they did that was showcasing Banjo a bit and Terry's reveal, alongside mentioning to watch after the Direct for a showcase of Banjo.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I can't choose....

Oh man, I really want that MK9...

But no, Fighter Pass 3, for sure.

Now, if it was Super SMASH Kart...that'd be another story.

(Thank you DarthEnderX DarthEnderX for getting me into TerminalMontage).
You're welcome!

Now go back and rewatch them with the subtitles on. There's extra jokes. :p

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I dunno where the Killer Instinct talk came from but Spinal for Smash.

This is now the Spinal/Fulgore support thread, everyone else get out:dkmelee:
Oh man, I really want that MK9...

But no, Fighter Pass 3, for sure.
I bought Crash Team Racing earlier this year and it really helped fill the Mario Kart shaped hole in my heart that's formed over the past few years.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Alright. So someone apparently just leaked the new fighter early. If you don’t want to be spoiled don’t click the link. Seems pretty legit. Has gameplay and everything.

Before anyone says anything. No, I’m not apologizing.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright. So someone apparently just leaked the new fighter early. If you don’t want to be spoiled don’t click the link. Seems pretty legit. Has gameplay and everything.
VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!
myman.png

You have much to learn, kid.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Nope. I’m out. Goodbye,

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Hopefully at the beginning. Game Awards started with smash, which was a welcome surprise, and it would be the same thing here.

Then again, maybe they'll keep it for last so that people can watch from the beginning all the way to the end. If they show it first, views might drop off, but this is a Nintendo direct so that's unlikely imo. People will watch it regardless.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey guys has anybody notice Hideki Kamiya retweeting peoples tweets of viewiful joe for smash the pass few hours now little strange.
Kamiya's also directly tweeted about Devil May Cry and Okami.
Neither has amounted to anything.

Man just likes to tweet.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Since we're in a realistic expectations kinda mood, I want to ask what likely-seeming character, if revealed tomorrow, would y'all be genuinely disappointed by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom