• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Working out

And also:

" I feel like I'll be confused no matter what I post ... Just in case, there is no hint in my tweet or today's one. "

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Working out

And also:

" I feel like I'll be confused no matter what I post ... Just in case, there is no hint in my tweet or today's one. "
That's just a classic Sakurai ruse. Look there!

myman.png

Oh my, it's so obvious! The Silhouette, the paneling, everything!

myman (1).png

IT'S AMINGO BABY!!!!1!!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nightmare is cool and all but I don't think he can make it because of the issues Sakurai had with heihachis moveset and the 3d aspects of it. would be super cool tho
I think the issue was how the buttons work rather than how the movement works. Soul Caliber might not have the same issues if the buttons work differently.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, I feel like if that were the case Nintendo wouldn't have mentioned it in the tweet.
Of course they would've mentioned just Smash in general. That was the point. Smash is in there. They aren't going to make clear what the content is so people will be surprised.

I still expect a character, but they did leave it open just in case one isn't outright announced. That way if one isn't(a Smash direct/will reveal it on this date), they covered their grounds. Nintendo has been trying to do this more often to try and curb expectations but also make things more surprising. Is it a good move? No. They should've just said if there's one if there is. Plain and simple. But they think the strategy works.

Like I said, I'm 99% sure we have a reveal tomorrow.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
The fact that they singled out Smash Ultimate in the tweet makes me think that we are certainly getting a reveal tomorrow. If not, I don't think they would have mentioned it if they were going to do an announcement of an announcement.
Yeah, if it was just like upgraded online servers or something I really don't think that they'd have singled it out. They've gone out of their way to not bait Smash fans before so I don't think they'd suddenly misstep now

D

Deleted member

gonna sound like a broken record here considering all the times I've said this, but I'm gonna go in with basically no expectations. Most of my wants are basically impossible anyway(and I'm struggling to think of what kind of big announcements Nintendo could possibly make to pad out a 50 minute runtime) so really I'm just chilling here for the hype train.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Sakurai’s going to tearfully admit that nintendo is forcing him to make fighter’s pass season 3, that nintendo keeps his heart outside his body and crushes it to cause him pain when he disobeys, and that every character in fighter’s pass season 3 comes with an echo character as a bonus.

and the fanbase will rejoice. Cause, sweet echo bonus.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Nightmare is cool and all but I don't think he can make it because of the issues Sakurai had with heihachis moveset and the 3d aspects of it. would be super cool tho
Did Sakurai ever specify it was because of the 3D part of the gameplay? I always assumed it was because of the Limb Mechanic. Which Soul Calibur doesn’t have.

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai’s going to tearfully admit that nintendo is forcing him to make fighter’s pass season 3, that nintendo keeps his heart outside his body and crushes it to cause him pain when he disobeys, and that every character in fighter’s pass season 3 comes with an echo character as a bonus.

and the fanbase will rejoice. Cause, sweet echo bonus.
"Guys, Sakurai is in legitimate trouble, we need to help him."

"Yeah, **** Nintendo, bunch of greedy a---HOLY **** IS THAT IMPA AS A SHIEK ECHO?!"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did Sakurai ever specify it was because of the 3D part of the gameplay? I always assumed it was because of the Limb Mechanic. Which Soul Calibur doesn’t have.
They said only stuff about moveset-related issues, but never specified what. It's speculation it's limb-based.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
STUPID IDEA: DLC Items!

Booster Pack: A big pack of Pokemon Cards, when used it summons a bunch of Pokeball Pokemon at random.

NES Zapper: The laser gun but it only has three shots.

Coconut Gun: Fires in Spirts, if it hits ya, it's gonna hurt!

Hammer Suit: Lets you throw hammers like in SMB3

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nah... nah... gonna stick with Fulgore.

This page is now dedicated to Fulgore appreciation.
Doom or Killer Instinct. I’m down for both. We get Mick Gordon music either way.
And that is absolutely a ****ing win.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
im not sure honestly but do you think the limb mechanic could be possible in the future due to min min?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fulgore would be awesome. Killer Instinct was my favorite fighting game on the SNES and the series has amazing music. I’m a big fan of RARE so I would be happy with either Fulgore or the Battletoads.
I love how the KI reboot was handled, but I'm such a stickler for the original designs and sound effects, they just got that 90's crunch to 'em, but in a very very good and entertaining way.

1613532565833.png

The soul radiating in this picture is beyond words.

1613532587361.png

This is fine too but, y'know, nostalgia goggles and ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom