• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
weird how to this day they still havent shown the smash ballout result
would it be a surprise if we found put that there was someone who was spamming bayonetta votes on the smash ballout daily?
I don’t think they’ll ever SHOW the results like that. Besides, Bayonetta was the only realizable ballot winner at the time, they say. No doubt Snake got a ton but they couldn’t fit him in at the time, he had to be saved for Ultimate, same for Ridley, Chrom, Isabelle and K. Rool.

it’s not just for playable characters either. Fiora (one of my votes) got added to Shulk’s Final Smash, and Krystal is an Assist Trophy. And Neku Sakuraba, another one of my votes is still MIA...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
weird how to this day they still havent shown the smash ballout result
would it be a surprise if we found out that there was someone who was spamming bayonetta votes on the smash ballout daily?
Not a good idea IMO. Also Nintendo doesn't gain anything with showing the results, specially when the Ballot was a few years ago.

And let's be honest everyone spammed votes for their most wanteds. It wasn't exclusive to Bayonetta at all lol

D

Deleted member

I feel like if he were under NDA he would not be allowed to say that...
So basically peoples' thoughts right now are either he's deconfirmed the character for good or he's bending the rules of NDA to an extreme degree to hint that Ryu is actually playable and he's just playing 5th dimensional chess with everyone.

I know we were just told not to jump to any conclusions, but honestly, which of those scenarios seem more likely?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So basically peoples' thoughts right now are either he's deconfirmed the character for good or he's bending the rules of NDA to an extreme degree to hint that Ryu is actually playable and he's just playing 5th dimensional chess with everyone.

I know we were just told not to jump to any conclusions, but honestly, which of those scenarios seem more likely?
Honestly, the former. Don’t see why the wild goose chase.

take it from me who hoped to see Snake in smash 4 after Kojima’s statement and it never happened... well it took one game later but still

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty interesting how the moment that Ryza got mentioned in an interview, most people hopped on the idea she was deconfirmed and moved on. You can't even bring Atelier as a series up in speculation anymore without someone pointing that out. Now we have two instances of this happening for Ryu, and it's only now people are saying "This isn't a complete deconfirmation". I'm not even saying Ryu fans were the ones doing it either, it just feels like there's lots of people that say it to try and remove characters from being talked about in speculation.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Definitely the former sadly. I know that people are hesitant to take interviews as a deconfirmation due to NDAs, but I doubt he would bend the rules to such a degree to hint at Ryu. I would say that the Koei Tecmo stuff Verge hinted at was spirits and Byelths trailer.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
If any other third partys were to get a second rep, who would you want it be and why?

I think a second Metal Gear Rep would honestly be my choice, Revolver Ocelot would work great as a foil to Snake and Bouncing Bullets off floors sounds fun. It’d murder any other Konami characters though, so I suppose its a double edged sword.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
If any other third partys were to get a second rep, who would you want it be and why?

I think a second Metal Gear Rep would honestly be my choice, Revolver Ocelot would work great as a foil to Snake and Bouncing Bullets off floors sounds fun. It’d murder any other Konami characters though, so I suppose its a double edged sword.
Dr. Eggman for Sonic, and Raiden for Metal Gear (We need Metal Gear Rising music in Smash)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't see how this excludes Hayabusa. Don't remember who but someone from SNK also said something similar and well, we got him.

Yasuda didn't said "we've talked with Nintendo but they were not interested". He was asked and said "I'd like to see Hayabusa fighting Link and Sephiroth!". I don't see that as NDA breaking at all.

I mean sometimes it seems like people expects devs to say "nah I don't want my character in Smash", or otherwise the character is disconformed.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I don't see how this excludes Hayabusa. Don't remember who but someone from SNK also said something similar and well, we got him.

Yasuda didn't said "we've talked with Nintendo but they were not interested". He was asked and said "I'd like to see Hayabusa fighting Link and Sephiroth!". I don't see that as NDA breaking at all.

I mean sometimes it seems like people expects devs to say "nah I don't want my character in Smash", or otherwise the character is disconformes.
Well, the thing is that Smash wasn’t mentioned specifically. Yasuda brought it up himself. And of course, if Hayabusa was planned why would Yasuda bring it up himself?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is what makes it more suspicious to me, and I think it's worth keeping an eye on, especially if they say they're "waiting for an invitation" again.
I think he’s just referencing how some trailers involve an invitation like Isabelle and Joker. I don’t think it’s that deep

D

Deleted member

At this point? I'd like Dr. Robotnik to be another Sonic rep. Problem is Sega already got a second rep in with Joker so technically it'd be their third lol.

Square has 3 reps with Cloud, Sephiroth, & Hero; so I've got nothing for another Square rep..

Capcom's only got Megaman, right? Protoman & Bass seem like they'd essentially be Semi-Clones like Isabelle and Dr. Wily & Zero are both trophies, so not Megaman...Ghosts & Ghouls I don't really care about Arthur to be honest....No wait...they've got Street Fighter too in here! Chun Li would be nice, but they've got Ryu & Ken so after including Mega Man, she'd be a 4th Capcom rep....so I don't think I could think of another for that company either...

Uh....hmm...

King Hippo is from Punch-Out! but that's not 3rd Party, so he's out..

Dixie Kong would be nice too, but despite the games having been from Rare in the past, the DK franchise's characters are actually owned by Nintendo, so I don't believe they're 3rd party. Plus Dixie would be the 4th after Banjo if we did consider them all 3rd Party, so she's out....

I guess a Monster Rancher rep as the 2nd for KOEI-TECMO?

Not against Suezo or Mocci joining the fun, but I had to dig kinda deep to find an option. Guess that shows just how pleased I am with the current roster; there's no one I'm really gunning for.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman

Alucard for Castlevania, because he'd be ridiculously fun to play as and I love SOTN, and Tatsuya for Persona, because I want P1 and 2 music, and he's my favourite character in the series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this point? I'd like Dr. Robotnik to be another Sonic rep. Problem is Sega already got a second rep in with Joker so technically it'd be their third lol.

Square has 3 reps with Cloud, Sephiroth, & Hero; so I've got nothing for another Square rep..

Capcom's only got Megaman, right? Protoman & Bass seem like they'd essentially be Semi-Clones like Isabelle and Dr. Wily & Zero are both trophies, so not Megaman...Ghosts & Ghouls I don't really care about Arthur to be honest....No wait...they've got Street Fighter too in here! Chun Li would be nice, but they've got Ryu & Ken so after including Mega Man, she'd be a 4th Capcom rep....so I don't think I could think of another for that company either...

Uh....hmm...

King Hippo is from Punch-Out! but that's not 3rd Party, so he's out..

Dixie Kong would be nice too, but despite the games having been from Rare in the past, the DK franchise's characters are actually owned by Nintendo, so I don't believe they're 3rd party. Plus Dixie would be the 4th after Banjo if we did consider them all 3rd Party, so she's out....

I guess a Monster Rancher rep as the 2nd for KOEI-TECMO?

Not against Suezo or Mocci joining the fun, but I had to dig kinda deep to find an option. Guess that shows just how pleased I am with the current roster; there's no one I'm really gunning for.
Neku Sakuraba: “Am I a joke to you?”

why does everyone forget my son... 😭

also we need another Namco rep, feels uncomfortable that they’re still stuck at one with :ultpacman: . I prefer a Tales rep (not necessarily Lloyd) for icon status, or KOS-MOS purely for moveset potential.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Raiden almost exclusively for MGR music
Eggman or Amy as I think they'd be the most unique sonic newcomers
Soma Cruz
Chun-li from Fortnite
Terra Final Fantasy VI

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

If we’re sticking to a second rep from the same game already in Smash, I would go with Vincent Valentine, Zero, Makoto, and Guile.

If it just have to from the same company, I really want The Battletoads, Magus, Velvet Crowe, and Bill Rizer.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Quick question, was this just multiple sources reporting the same interview or is he saying the same thing over and over again? If it's just the same thing, nothing changes, but it'd be pretty weird if he kept saying the same thing every time someone interviews him.
It feels like it’s multiple sources covering the same interview. Slight translation nuances but one thing remains consistent: “We’re waiting for our invitation” instead of Hayabusa waiting for his invitation

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Quick question, was this just multiple sources reporting the same interview or is he saying the same thing over and over again? If it's just the same thing, nothing changes, but it'd be pretty weird if he kept saying the same thing every time someone interviews him.
"Would you like to see Hayabusa in Smash?"
"I'm still waiting for my invitation."
"How would you like to see Hayabusa in a crossover?"
"So, what's your next project?"
"Oh, hey honey, how was work at Tecmo today?"
"I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY INVITATION."
"..."
> "I'M ST-"

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Zero for Mega Man
Chun-Li for SF
Alucard for Castlevania
Marco for SNK

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's pretty interesting how the moment that Ryza got mentioned in an interview, most people hopped on the idea she was deconfirmed and moved on.
To be fair I think there’s a significant difference between the quotes we have in reference to Hayabusa and what was given for Ryza, the latter which was something along the lines of “I don’t think Nintendo is interested” compared to Hayabusa’s more hopeful and open statements.

Simply being mentioned in an interview / the context of Smash doesn’t immediately make everyone Doomguy, yknow? Context is important, but the fact that this happened a second time definitely raises some further doubt.

Street Fighter - Chun-Li
One of my most wanted characters and really the only choice for the next SF character. Would be a monumental addition and one that feels increasingly necessary.

Sonic the Hedgehog - Knuckles
Tails probably ought to come before Knuckles, but Knuckles is my favorite so that’s still who I would like to see. He’s just awesome.

Mega Man - Tron Bonne
Another self indulgent one, I love Tron Bonne and she’s one of my favorites from MVC. Zero should definitely come next but this would make me the happiest.

SNK - Marco and/or Fio
Gonna cheat on this also and lump Metal Slug into the same general umbrella as Terry, since we already have content from the series. Metal Slug would be a natural fit for Smash, I’d especially love to see how expressive they could make these two.

Alucard would be good too but I don’t have that personal of a connection or anything.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Eggman, Chun Li, and Alucard would be my choices. Eggman honestly is one of the last real "big" villains that Smash could add since we added Sephiroth. Chun Li is the leading lady of fighting games. SotN is a masterpiece and seeing Alucard in smash would make me happy.

It's a different interview. This time though, there was no mention of Smash until he mentioned it, the interviewer did not mention it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Eggman, Chun Li, and Alucard would be my choices. Eggman honestly is one of the last real "big" villains that Smash could add since we added Sephiroth. Chun Li is the leading lady of fighting games. SotN is a masterpiece and seeing Alucard in smash would make me happy.

It's a different interview. This time though, there was no mention of Smash until he mentioned it, the interviewer did not mention it.
So this is literally the situation right now:
"Would you like to see Hayabusa in Smash?"

"How would you like to see Hayabusa in a crossover?"

"So, what's your next project?"

"Oh, hey honey, how was work at Tecmo today?"

"..."
> "I'M ST-"
The guy really wants that invitation, doesn't he?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

The fact the interviewer didn’t even MENTION Smash but Yasuda said “oh yeah Hayabusa fighting Sephiroth and Link in Smash would be cool” is kind of... not boding well

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Well, I guess we should proceed with the death cry...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The fact the interviewer didn’t even MENTION Smash but Yasuda said “oh yeah Hayabusa fighting Sephiroth and Link in Smash would be cool” is kind of... not boding well
The interviewer did mention Smash, though.

There are still two unannounced characters in Fighters Pass 2 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. So I know you can’t talk about that today. But let us say Ryu Hayabusa were a Smash character. Which other character would you like to smash as Ryu Hayabusa? Maybe Sephiroth? That would be a legendary and gritty fight.
Well, if we were able to take part, I’d like to see a battle between Sephiroth and Ryu Hayabusa. And of course, Link too. We’re waiting for our invite.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Neku Sakuraba: “Am I a joke to you?”

why does everyone forget my son... 😭

also we need another Namco rep, feels uncomfortable that they’re still stuck at one with :ultpacman: . I prefer a Tales rep (not necessarily Lloyd) for icon status, or KOS-MOS purely for moveset potential.
To be fair, the post was asking who we'd each like respectively. I never really cared all that much about TWEWY when I played it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom