• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My take from the current convo is that we need a Project X Zone 3 so Ichiban and Kiryu can appear in a crossover together.
I wish the PXZ games were fighting games, because their rosters are pretty dope. Would be great if the third title brought in Blaze Fielding, Adam and MMX's Axl too.

I think there's at least a Mugen project.

Oh, and if they bring in more Nintendo stuff again, Samus and Link should show up.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wish the PXZ games were fighting games, because their rosters are pretty dope. Would be great if the third title brought in Blaze Fielding, Adam and MMX's Axl too.

I consider PXZ's simple movesets as a payoff of the huge roster. A conventional fighting game would need years to gather that many characters.

Oh, and if they bring in more Nintendo stuff again, Samus and Link should show up.
...Now I think Link interacting with other characters solely by voice grunts.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Y'know, if this really, truly is it for Ultimate, I'll be the first to admit it if it hasn't been admitted already; I'm really scared for what's next. At this point, it's looking more and more likely to be nigh impossible for Sakurai and SORA to even come close to the acclaim this game has acquired, to the point that removing even the likes of Corrin will arise massive backlash (and I actually like Corrin, too, I enjoy the Lobster Boi alt the most). Unless they can do something absolutely monumental for the next game...

Well, who knows what will happen? Hopefully the fandom will be sedate by that point.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Alright, for any particular character you want, what do you think their alt colors could/should be?
Waluigi:
  • Normal (purple shirt, hat and dark indigo overalls he's always worn)
  • Green (based on Luigi)
  • Red (based on Mario)
  • Blue? (based on his very limited colours in Mario Tennis for the Game Boy Color)
  • Yellow (based on Wario)
  • Tennis
  • Striker
  • His outfit in the upcoming Mario Golf game (of which all we have currently is this)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Alright, for any particular character you want, what do you think their alt colors could/should be?
I'll whip up some for the posters I made here.
This is going off the possibility of both Crash and Fake Crash being playable, so I figure that their default skins from Nitro Fueled would work pretty well. See for yourselves!
I have a concrete idea for Asuka's skins; four could be based off of the other members of her team, and the other three will be from the other 3 team leaders in the games.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Waluigi:
  • Normal (purple shirt, hat and dark indigo overalls he's always worn)
  • Green (based on Luigi)
  • Red (based on Mario)
  • Blue? (based on his very limited colours in Mario Tennis for the Game Boy Color)
  • Yellow (based on Wario)
  • Tennis
  • Striker
  • His outfit in the upcoming Mario Golf game (of which all we have currently is this)
That's a nice list. The alt I personally want to see most is Bus Driver Waluigi, as much as I dislike Mario Kart Tour I do have to admit their designs are charming.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, I could hit the lotto tomorrow. I won't, but it's a possibility.

Sakurai's said "2 left", and we should treat it as such, but the chance of a FP3 isn't impossible, just a fraction of a fraction of a percent.
I guess so, but only if he doesn’t explicitly say “final presentation” when 1 is left a la Smash 4. Maybe if he leaves the door open by saying “I may return to this later, idk yet” or “stay tuned for more info in June 2022! (As an example)”

I say bring in Captain Falcon, Shulk, Pyra/Mythra, Min Min, even some non-Smash Nintendo peeps like Elma, Pearl & Marina, and Akira Howard

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Orchestra Concert for Ace Attorney. I could make a lot of jokes to do with Concert Leak right now.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Orchestra Concert for Ace Attorney. I could make a lot of jokes to do with Concert Leak right now.
Oh man, good ****. These concerts kinda make me wish this version of Cornered was the one that would make it in with Phoenix.

Starts at around 3:31.

I think Lythero used this version in a few Phoenix montages for UMvC3, too.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ichiban would be rad but ngl I'd be kinda disappointed if it's not Kiryu.

Dunno why you brought the speculation aspect up tbh. You can say a lot about Imran sure, but if anything, he leaked the first 2 fighters of FP2 correctly, that's just fact.
Not to say, even if he didn't knew some DLC fighters, he clearly knows some insider info.

He's probably one of the most reliable guys in the industry.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I love the "THE BEST" in this concerts title

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mentions Great Ace Attorney.
Available for Western fans.
Marketed to Western fans.
Phoenix_Desk_Slam.gif

CAPCOM LET US EAT FOR WE ARE STARVING

Technomage

Smash Champion
My take from the current convo is that we need a Project X Zone 3 so Ichiban and Kiryu can appear in a crossover together.
That gives me an idea: Maybe if we were to have Reiji Arisu (the main character of Project X Zone) as a fighter, he could simultaneously rep SEGA, Capcom, and Namco?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I think Mega Man X could have Storm Tornado, Chameleon Sting and Rising Fire as some of his, though I guess if his alts were like Mega Man, they'll mostly be based on the weapons in his moveset. Though Mega Man's Light Blue color is more like Skull Barrier/Jewel Satellite than Air Shooter.

Speaking of Rising Fire, RF Mega Man X was added to X Dive, so a ton of his weapon alts can now be characters in that alongside his armors.

I think Dante could have alts based on Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady and Sparda. But that only covers 6 of his costumes counting his default. Maybe DmC Dante and Lucia to top it off? I wouldn't want too many alts that are based on his default suits, even if they had a bunch of alt costumes, since every version of Dante has a red trench coat, barring Don'te.

And with Injustice 2 and MK11, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have a lot of alts they wear that aren't JUST shades of Yellow/Orange and Blue/Cyan. In IJ2, Sub-Zero's Yellow costume is named after Cyrax instead of Scorpion. If Sub-Zero was added, it'd be cool if that reference was more obvious, either with a cyber-alt or if he had tanned skin on his traditional suit.
Bandana Dee
  1. Default
  2. Yellow
  3. Blue
  4. Green
  5. Kirby colours
  6. Super Star palette with Sailor Dee's hat
  7. Kirby Dream Land palette
  8. Kirby Cafe outfit

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Oooh, if the streaming time isn’t absurd for my time zone I just might get a ticket for this. It’s nice that they’re also providing instructions/promotional material in English for it.

I’m playing through the whole series again (just finished Apollo Justice case 1), so I’m desperate for any Ace Attorney news or events lol

I love the "THE BEST" in this concerts title
Sebastian Debeste picked the title for this concert

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember Kogoro and Mii?

... yeah me neither

you know tho, what if PXZ3 included small amounts of other guest companies as well like Konami, Atlus, Square Enix and SNK?

... starting to think I should maybe create a PXZ3 thread or something 😅

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That gives me an idea: Maybe if we were to have Reiji Arisu (the main character of Project X Zone) as a fighter, he could simultaneously rep SEGA, Capcom, and Namco?
Yeah no thanks, I don't give a crap about him or how his devs focus so much on him.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Remember Kogoro and Mii?

... yeah me neither

you know tho, what if PXZ3 included small amounts of other guest companies as well like Konami, Atlus, Square Enix and SNK?
Wouldn't ATLUS count as a part of SEGA?

... starting to think I should maybe create a PXZ3 thread or something 😅
That's a great idea! Not sure how much traction it'd get when there's already an MVC thread going strong but I'd be down for it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
why is marketing japan-only online concerts to Western fans now a thing? SMT is having one -literally tomorrow-. did they just all realize "wait people in the west also have money and internet and maybe even an interest in our brand" or something

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
why is marketing japan-only online concerts to Western fans now a thing? SMT is having one -literally tomorrow-. did they just all realize "wait people in the west also have money and internet and maybe even an interest in our brand" or something
I'd say it's for marketing too, Nocturne HD's release date got leaked but it's clearly supposed to be announced today. This is the first time Great Ace Attorney got acknowledged by English Capcom at all iirc and we know for a fact those are getting ported

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Crash 4 Switch sold only 2,288 in Japan.
The fact they didn't even show Crash 4 in the last direct really hurts.
Well... PS4 version sold around 10k... combined all versions, it sold bit better than Halo 5...
Yeah, I think Japanese market changed. I don't think 5 million Japanese players are aware of Crash.
I think people oversell importance of Japan.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That concert is putting me in an Ace Attorney mood. Which songs would you all like to see in a Phoenix challenger pack? I know a lot of you will say "every song!" rightfully so, but in terms of a realistic song pack I think the following would be great:
  • Cornered
  • Objection 2001
  • Steel Samurai theme
  • Pursuit - Questioned
  • Announce The Truth 2002
  • Pursuit - Caught
  • Objection 2004
  • Announce The Truth 2004
  • Pursuit - Overtaken
  • Pursuit - Keep Pressing On
  • Objection 2013
  • Pursuit - Cornering Together
  • Objection 2016
  • A New Chapter of Trails 2016
  • Athena Courtroom Revolutionnaire 2016
I think there is a slim chance we could get an Investigations song or two and if they want to help promote The Great Ace Attorney they could throw in a couple songs from there too.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
That concert is putting me in an Ace Attorney mood. Which songs would you all like to see in a Phoenix challenger pack? I know a lot of you will say "every song!" rightfully so, but in terms of a realistic song pack I think the following would be great:
  • Cornered
  • Objection 2001
  • Steel Samurai theme
  • Pursuit - Questioned
  • Pursuit - Caught
  • Objection 2004
  • Pursuit - Overtaken
  • Objection 2013
  • Objection 2016
I think there is a slim chance we could get an Investigations song or two and if they want to help promote The Great Ace Attorney they could throw in a couple songs from there too.
Dream Remixes:
Pursuit ~ Cornered
Objection!
Turnabout Sisters Theme
Telling The Truth

Regular music:

Middle Stage 2004
Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark Colored Coffee
Gumshoe ~ It's Detective Gumshoe
Gumshoe ~ I Can Do It When It Counts, Pal
Confrontation ~ Presto 2009
Franziska von Karma ~ Great Revival
Steel Samurai
Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter Of Trials 2016
Pursuit ~ Wanting To Find The Truth
A New Trial is in Session!
Pressing Pursuit ~ Cross-Examine
Jake Marshall ~ Wandering Detective From the Wild West
Logic and Tricks
Happy People
Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Révolutionnaire 2016
Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly
Pursuit ~ The Great Tournabout

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace

didn't monolithsoft develop those games?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
didn't monolithsoft develop those games?
They did

now I’m not sure if one of the lead programmers left, or it was Banpresto dissolving, but at the very least Harada expressed interest in a third game

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I would love another PxZ game. They are excellent at fan service and it would be nice to see Klonoa and other forgotten characters be brought back again. I don't think Agumon was in either PxZ game either, nor Nightmare so there is still a lot of potential for cool crossover moments.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would love another PxZ game. They are excellent at fan service and it would be nice to see Klonoa and other forgotten characters be brought back again. I don't think Agumon was in either PxZ game either, nor Nightmare so there is still a lot of potential for cool crossover moments.
Since SEGA owns Atlus we could see Joker there too now

would he be solo or would he have a partner and if so who? Panther? Queen? Violet? If they wanna include a different Persona game, Yu Narukami?

I wonder also if for SEGA, Arle (and maybe Tee) could be included

or if they’d even include more Nintendo guests, or even a small amount of guests outside of Bamco, Capcom or SEGA

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

would he be solo or would he have a partner and if so who? Panther? Queen? Violet? If they wanna include a different Persona game, Yu Narukami?

I wonder also if for SEGA, Arle (and maybe Tee) could be included

or if they’d even include more Nintendo guests, or even a small amount of guests outside of Bamco, Capcom or SEGA
I can't speak for Joker since I don't know much about Persona 5 or Persona in general, but I didn't even think about Arle, she would be a good choice too. It's kind of hard to recommend new characters since the the casts for both games are huge so it's difficult to remember who has been added already and who has met who, not to mention some characters like Frank West only appear in one game and some only appeared in Namco X Capcom which is pretty much a precursor to the PxZ series.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
  • Cornered
  • Objection 2001
  • Steel Samurai theme
  • Pursuit - Questioned
  • Pursuit - Caught
  • Objection 2004
  • Pursuit - Overtaken
  • Objection 2013
  • Objection 2016
I feel Godot's theme getting a remix would have a very high chance of happening.

And I'd love to see these 3 tracks in some form, some of my favorite music in the series:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Joker & Yu as a Pair Unit and Aigis as either a Solo Unit or a part of a Pair Unit with another robot girl like KOS-MOS or Fiora.

Or you can just pair Joker with Violet/Crow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does anyone think Rayman could fit into the whole supposed Pass 2 Pattern of characters regarding characters that were left out of Base game or "fixing/patching" it up?

Given Rayman was a trophy in Ultimate. It's a possibility he was considered for Ultimate in Base game.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Does anyone think Rayman could fit into the whole supposed Pass 2 Pattern of characters regarding characters that were left out of Base game or "fixing/patching" it up?

Given Rayman was a trophy in Ultimate. It's a possibility he was considered for Ultimate in Base game.
I think he might.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
chocolatejr9, post: 24329344, member: 406621"]
Question, has Crash's revival been particularly successful in Japan?
[/QUOTE]
N. Sane Trilogy did pretty well, but I don't think they succeeded to catch younger generations' attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom