• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Unironically all this EVO stuff might be the start for a possible Sony character in Smash in the future if you think about it lol

Assuming Nintendo keeps allowing Smash to be a part of EVO, tho
Either that or Sony's Presence at that Spa Smash Ultimate tournament some time back then. Perhaps some Nintendo reps were there and there could have been some discussions started, even if Small

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well, they say they did. But from what I understand they still don't have actual rollback. Which isn't too surprising since MKX was one of the few newer games to completely change their online structure from the ground up to add it in later.
Well, let me rephrase my statement then: Tekken 7 eventually did get netcode that's worth a **** for the most part.

What happened with Monster Hunter?
The release of Rise is what I think he's talking about.

SKX31

Smash Master
Just did a search on the Sky Williams thing since I wasn't actually familiar with it....damn, why is there so much freaking perversion in the Smash community? Is it because Smash is a more kid-oriented fighting game? smh
No real oversight and no figures to keep track of people, especially at afterparties + the fact that most pro Smashers started out in their teens and thus created a very informal "fraternety" atmosphere where lines were... blurred.

Needless to say, I do believe that a lot of the major TOs will at least attempt to make things a bit stricter (even if they can't change much) to avoid a repeat of that. I do also believe that they'll require the under-18s to have guardians with them from now on. Such as Sparg0, the most famous :ultcloud: player out there and one of Smash's most famous progidies - he's 15.

Not to mention the Switch's architecture itself. Bad online has always been a thing not just in Nintendo games, but for Nintendo consoles in general. It's been like that since the Wii era.
Wanna know what's even wackier? Nintendo finally updated it's mutiplayer servers recently after 18 years.

I know we mock Nintendo for being behind the times but damn.....
Oh yeah, the test within Splatoon 2's server system to see if it ran on Windows 98.

That's taking "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" to such degrees that one's not prepared for when the #FixUltimateOnline uproar happened.

What happened with Monster Hunter? I don’t think they’ve had a big anniversary recently. There’s also no new Tomb Raider this year, but they seem to be celebrating the series in a lot of other ways.
He's referring to Monster Hunter being Mii Costume'd when Rise released (at their anniversary I believe?).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
No real oversight and no figures to keep track of people, especially at afterparties + the fact that most pro Smashers started out in their teens and thus created a very informal "fraternety" atmosphere where lines were... blurred.

Needless to say, I do believe that a lot of the major TOs will at least attempt to make things a bit stricter (even if they can't change much) to avoid a repeat of that. I do also believe that they'll require the under-18s to have guardians with them from now on. Such as Sparg0, the most famous :ultcloud: player out there and one of Smash's most famous progidies - he's 15.

Oh yeah, the test within Splatoon 2's server system to see if it ran on Windows 98.

That's taking "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" to such degrees that one's not prepared for when the #FixUltimateOnline uproar happened.

He's referring to Monster Hunter being Mii Costume'd when Rise released (at their anniversary I believe?).
For what it's worth, people stopped caring for #FixUltimateOnline after awhile.

For comparison, people are STILL mad about Byleth all this time later, with Min Min quickly catching up.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Unironically all this EVO stuff might be the start for a possible Sony character in Smash in the future if you think about it lol

Assuming Nintendo keeps allowing Smash to be a part of EVO, tho
Honestly, as weird as it sounds, we've seen similar things. Negotiations between Ninty and Microsoft for Steve and Banjo can be traced back to E3, after all.

They're taking notes from Riot. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. And if it is broken... don't fix it either.

LoL rep confirmed.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
That turned out great for Monster Hunter am I right?
So one character seeming to have a lot going for them and not panning out means any piece of evidence that could theoretically help another character’s chances are null and void?

I don’t think Lara is happening but that’s a frustrating way to go about speculating. It’s one thing to always take things with a grain of salt, another to disregard points in a character’s favor so thoughtlessly.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, for any particular character you want, what do you think their alt colors could/should be?

I think Mega Man X could have Storm Tornado, Chameleon Sting and Rising Fire as some of his, though I guess if his alts were like Mega Man, they'll mostly be based on the weapons in his moveset. Though Mega Man's Light Blue color is more like Skull Barrier/Jewel Satellite than Air Shooter.

Speaking of Rising Fire, RF Mega Man X was added to X Dive, so a ton of his weapon alts can now be characters in that alongside his armors.

I think Dante could have alts based on Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady and Sparda. But that only covers 6 of his costumes counting his default. Maybe DmC Dante and Lucia to top it off? I wouldn't want too many alts that are based on his default suits, even if they had a bunch of alt costumes, since every version of Dante has a red trench coat, barring Don'te.

And with Injustice 2 and MK11, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have a lot of alts they wear that aren't JUST shades of Yellow/Orange and Blue/Cyan. In IJ2, Sub-Zero's Yellow costume is named after Cyrax instead of Scorpion. If Sub-Zero was added, it'd be cool if that reference was more obvious, either with a cyber-alt or if he had tanned skin on his traditional suit.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Nintendo buys Konami
Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe 2 comes out and has 8-10 new Konami characters

I frickin' wish...but that's a pipe dream alongside a new F-Zero game and even then, I think the latter is slightly likelier.

And yeah, we were discussing Microsoft buying a Japanese company, with Sega and Konami as couple of the names rumoured, and I was saying Sega is more likely compared to Konami.
I don't see Konami, Square Enix and Capcom getting bought out, they're the big three (third party's japan) and they really don't need any buyout's, Bamco probably not either since they're a variety company SEGA isn't worth it they're pretty tiny all things considered, Platinum is clear it want's to be independent and Koei Tecmo is basically making 1st party Nintendo games regularly at this point, i could see them buying level five in order to restore yo kai watch, layton, that soccer game, fantasy life and ni no kuni since at a point in time all of those were pretty big.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Alright, for any particular character you want, what do you think their alt colors could/should be?

Eggman

Regular Modern Eggman, King Sharyar, Eggman NEGA, Olympic Games shirtless Eggman, SA2 Multiplayer black mafia hat Eggman

Also this mechanical robo Eggman thing from Sonic Runners datamine that I don't.... THINK? was ever actually used?
CUeum.png

Also "Mr Tinker"... just to upset somebody

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The obvious modern Scorpion and Klassic Scorpion.

1616115073305.png
1616115148590.png

You can use any rendition of the Original Trilogy, I'm obviously a fan of the MK3 design. But I can't deny that the original MK1 is cool too.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I think Mega Man X could have Storm Tornado, Chameleon Sting and Rising Fire as some of his, though I guess if his alts were like Mega Man, they'll mostly be based on the weapons in his moveset. Though Mega Man's Light Blue color is more like Skull Barrier/Jewel Satellite than Air Shooter.

Speaking of Rising Fire, RF Mega Man X was added to X Dive, so a ton of his weapon alts can now be characters in that alongside his armors.

I think Dante could have alts based on Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady and Sparda. But that only covers 6 of his costumes counting his default. Maybe DmC Dante and Lucia to top it off? I wouldn't want too many alts that are based on his default suits, even if they had a bunch of alt costumes, since every version of Dante has a red trench coat, barring Don'te.

And with Injustice 2 and MK11, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have a lot of alts they wear that aren't JUST shades of Yellow/Orange and Blue/Cyan. In IJ2, Sub-Zero's Yellow costume is named after Cyrax instead of Scorpion. If Sub-Zero was added, it'd be cool if that reference was more obvious, either with a cyber-alt or if he had tanned skin on his traditional suit.
Reimu - palettes based on Marisa, Sakuya, Sanae, Youmu, Reisen, Cirno, and Aya - they’ve all been playable in a traditional Touhou game (the bullet hell ones)
Elma (😭) - Palettes based on Lin, Lao, Celica, L, Gwin, Irina, and a full alt of her true form
Ahri - no palettes. Full on skins. Arcade, Star Guardian, Challenger, Foxfire, Spirit Blossom, K/DA POP/STARS, K/DA ALL OUT
Octoling - Magenta Agent 8 default (female), Salmon agent 8 default (male), Sanitized (female), Salmon Run (male), Mayo (female), Ketchup (male), Chaos Gold (female), Order Silver (male)
Neku - palettes based on Shiki, Joshua, Beat, Rhyme, Sho, a Sora-inspired palette, and a full alt of Rindou a la Alph

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The obvious modern Scorpion and Klassic Scorpion.

View attachment 307795 View attachment 307796

You can use any rendition of the Original Trilogy, I'm obviously a fan of the MK3 design. But I can't deny that the original MK1 is cool too.
Yeah, I like MK3 more for Scorp, but MK1 more for Subz. Either way, both a great looks.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sora
  1. KH3 outfit (default)
  2. KH2 outfit (alt.)
  3. Riku (KH3 black)
  4. Roxas (KH2 white/red)
  5. Kairi (KH3 pink)
  6. Limit Form (KH2 white)
  7. Donald Duck (KH3 blue)
  8. Goofy (KH2 green)
Crash Bandicoot
  1. IAT Crash (default)
  2. Coco (blue/yellow)
  3. Dr. Neo Cortex (yellow)
  4. Aku Aku (brown)
  5. Uka Uka (dark brown)
  6. Polar (white)
  7. Biker Crash (alt 1)
  8. JP Crash (alt 2)

blackghost

Smash Champion
It doesn't seem to be listed.....
Edit: for now, they may announce more later.

i dont know who this is but if hes some influencer or something displaying this much ignorance is a bad look for smash. sony has not said anything about cutting smash because it Nintendo. smash is getting cut because the game's online is embarrassing. it's an accepted fact that certain characters are unplayable online. i dont know another game where thats even close to being true.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
i dont know who this is but if hes some influencer or something displaying this much ignorance is a bad look for smash. sony has not said anything about cutting smash because it Nintendo. smash is getting cut because the game's online is embarrassing. it's an accepted fact that certain characters are unplayable online. i dont know another game where thats even close to being true.
Stealth is up there as one of the worst nintendo influencer accounts.

He's like the subway guy episode of Community but the nintendo equivalent.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Dixie Kong having alts referencing the extended Kong family would be a nice touch; pear green for Wrinkly, azure blue for Swanky, white for Funky, orange fur for Lanky, baby blue for Tiny.

Include those along with her default pink, Diddy esque red, and DKC2/DKC3 competition mode purple, and you have a pretty solid set of colors.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
FTFY for a little perspective of people pre-February 2014.
Good point, you might have sold me on it.
Still, Little Mac didn't have much to pull from, so he's kinda like Captain Falcon in that regard. Kiryu already has an established moveset.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
FTFY for a little perspective of people pre-February 2014.
To be fair, they rectified that by making Little Mac the absolute worst air fighter in the history of fighting games.

I would not point to Little Mac as a good example of source-to-Smash translation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, they rectified that by making Little Mac the absolute worst air fighter in the history of fighting games.

I would not point to Little Mac as a good example of source-to-Smash translation.
Do you expect Kiryu to be an air-fighter? I don't.

In fact I can see it now: "You're not an air fighter, Kiryu-chan~" or something.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I love Kiryu, but imagining him in Smash is hard. He's such a grounded fighter in his games, seeing him jump around the stage would be weird.
The same thing goes for Snake, though. (for the most part - there are some cutscenes in the Twin Snakes where he's jumping off of missiles to shoot down a Hind D or something similarly over-the-top, but it's not like it was doing crazy mid-air martial arts)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do you expect Kiryu to be an air-fighter? I don't.

In fact I can see it now: "You're not an air fighter, Kiryu-chan~" or something.
Well kinda. I doubt they'll make a character that's missing half a moveset like Little Mac again.

If Kiryu gets in, I would imagine he would draw from a few of his heat moves where he jumps into the air and does a punch or kick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom