• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yoshi in general gets to tend the short end of the stick of the original 8.

His series is the only one without an Assist Trophy for example, and in Smash 4 he was the only one of the original 8 that wasn't revealed at E3's Smash reveal, instead having to wait until April's Direct to see him.
not to mention he's the only one of the og 8 to be all alone when it comes to characters from the same series

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Yoshi's in an odd place of his series being far more closely tied to Mario than Wario or DK. While it emphasizes different elements in it, there's so much crossover its easy to lose track of where one ends and the other begins.

On paper Kamek becoming a fighter would essentially be the main villain of Yoshi being highlighted in Smash, but much of the audience is just going to think a higher ranked Mario mook just got a spot.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
not to mention he's the only one of the og 8 to be all alone when it comes to characters from the same series
That's just a consequence of Not having much material for another character from his Franchise

The only ones I can think of are Kamek and Poochie, and both are vastly Out Prioritized by 100's of characters, especially Poochie

On the bright side, since Yoshi does commonly appear in the Mario series of games from time to time, he's only like Semi-Alone

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
which woman is stronger than Chun-li?
any JRPG party member.
I genuinely believe that if Sakurai made that joke in the Brawl days then people would have gone absolutely ape** at Rosalina exposing her scandalously exposed, painted fingernails, which would naturally get every person watching do the Tex Avery wolf whistle because no woman in Smash had exposed hands or some **
Naked shulk would be completely okay by their standards though.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As far as women showing skin in Smash, I had always assumed the shorts and top that Zero Suit Samus in two of her alts was about as far as the game could take. If Mythra and Pyra have/had color appropriate versions of that as their swimsuits, I'd assume such attire could get in easily.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
About CGI trailers, I'm suprised that Yoshi is the only member of the Original 8 to not appear in one.
The punishment for tax evasion is sometimes... unorthodox. :4pacman:

Yoshi's in an odd place of his series being far more closely tied to Mario than Wario or DK. While it emphasizes different elements in it, there's so much crossover its easy to lose track of where one ends and the other begins.

On paper Kamek becoming a fighter would essentially be the main villain of Yoshi being highlighted in Smash, but much of the audience is just going to think a higher ranked Mario mook just got a spot.
It doesn't help that Nintendo had Bowser literally hijack Yoshi's New Island:

It stuff like that that makes me question how much Nintendo allows the Yoshi series (plus its characters like Kamek) to stand out from Mario aside from the gimmick of the week.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
No? There's also Punch-Out!!, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, Final Fantasy and obviously all the new DLC series that don't get ATs either.
Okay, so for series that don't have Assist Trophies (DLC included), who would you like to see? For me:
  • :ultyoshi:: Kamek
  • :ultpikachu:: Pokemon Ranger
  • :ulticeclimbers:: Polar Bear
  • :ultgnw:: Manhole
  • :ultwiifittrainer:: Wii Balance Board
  • :ultlittlemac:: Bald Bull
  • :ultcloud:: Tifa
  • :ultjoker:: Futaba Sakura
  • :ulthero:: Jessica Albert
  • :ultbanjokazooie:: Mumbo Jumbo
  • :ult_terry:: Nakoruru
  • :ultsteve:: Creeper
  • :ultpyra:: Zeke & Pandoria

Kokiden

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, I hope the upcoming DLC drop will come with a proper balance patch and online improvements too, but I doubt that's going to happen.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
As far as women showing skin in Smash, I had always assumed the shorts and top that Zero Suit Samus in two of her alts was about as far as the game could take. If Mythra and Pyra have/had color appropriate versions of that as their swimsuits, I'd have little doubt such attire could get in.
They're a little different, actually. On one hand, their stomach's covered, but on the other, there's less coverage on the legs.
1614643017820.png
1614643060582.png
So yeah. As to if they're safer or riskier than the ZSS ending alts, that's up to interpretation.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Okay, so for series that don't have Assist Trophies (DLC included), who would you like to see? For me:
Pokemon is cheating because it has a whole ass item that functions similarly and Xenoblade 2 is part of Xenoblade but I get ya

Yoshi - Poochy
Ice Climbers - Polar Bear
Game and Watch - Octopus
Wii Fit - Balance Board
Punch Out - Mr. Sandman
Final Fantasy 7 - Vincent
Persona 5 - Futaba
Dragon Quest - Dragonlord
Banjo - Mumbo
Fatal Fury/KOF - Rugal
Minecraft - Wither

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yoshi: Poochy
Ice Climber: Condor
Wii Fit: Balance Board
Punch-Out: King Hippo
Final Fantasy: Fat Chocobo
Banjo: Gruntilda
Minecraft: Creeper

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
I'm disappointed we still only have one Namco character as a fighter in Smash Bros. I'm mainly rooting for Chosen Undead, but I'll take any at this point.
We do a little trolling and call first party characters bamco characters since bamco helps a lot with the development of 90% of first party nintendo games

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean yeah he was in both Hero's and Sephiroth's trailer, but both trailers don't really have him in a much prominent role like Link was for Hero or Mario for Sephiroth.
Out of the 16 trailers Ultimate has had, only
Mario
Mega Man
Samus
Luigi
DK
Diddy
DeDeDe
Little Mac
Link
Marth
Meta Knight
Duck Hunt
Kirby
Captain Falcon
Cloud
have had prominent roles.

15 characters out of 63. MOST characters in the game haven't had a prominent role in a trailer.

Okay, so for series that don't have Assist Trophies (DLC included), who would you like to see?
Anyone that doesn't say King Hippo for Punch-Out needs to get Jesus.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Of all the preexisting characters used in Smash trailers for Ultimate, there aren't any trailers that involve the Star Fox cast. It's crazy to think we've seen characters like Luigi, Captain Falcon, Duck Hunt, and Little Mac have a prominent role in a Smash trailer, and yet there isn't 1 that involves Fox.
I have no theory, but I think it’s a shame we haven’t had Wario pop up in one either. I think the CG would do wonders for him (and we’d get a lot of great reaction images out of it).

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Out of the 16 trailers Ultimate has had, only
Mario
Mega Man
Samus
Luigi
DK
Diddy
DeDeDe
Little Mac
Link
Marth
Meta Knight
Duck Hunt
Kirby
Captain Falcon
Cloud
have had prominent roles.

15 characters out of 63. MOST characters in the game haven't had a prominent role in a trailer.

Anyone that doesn't say King Hippo for Punch-Out needs to get Jesus.
Zero Suit and Dark Pit had a somewhat prominent presence in the Pyra/Mythra trailer, plus of course Shulk as well made a appearance at the end of the trailer.
The presents is this week so i was asking if theres any mii stuff floating around or any nintendo stuff in general
Doesn't sound like anything has come out. Were only a little more than two days away so I don't anything will leak before hand.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I predict that Garchomp will be the next expected character for Smash due to Gen 4 remakes being announced.

New Game = Character for Smash

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I predict that Garchomp will be the next expected character for Smash due to Gen 4 remakes being announced.

I think it's a bit too late for that.

Pokemon BDSP releases late 2021 and Pokemon Legends releases 2022, both timeframes means that the window of opportunity to promote a new character have long since gone.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hey if we’re making remakes and remasters included in this like BD/SP then there is the Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection coming out so...

you know what that means.

He’s in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom