• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Say, with the new Story of Seasons game being released, how likely would a playable rep from that game be to happen? Also, how would that character play?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Say, with the new Story of Seasons game being released, how likely would a playable rep from that game be to happen? Also, how would that character play?
I don't know about likelyhood, but I'd imagine they'd probably use a lot of farm based moves, and have a similar mold to Villager and Steve in terms of use of realistic tools.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I don't know about likelyhood, but I'd imagine they'd probably use a lot of farm based moves, and have a similar mold to Villager and Steve in terms of use of realistic tools.
Yeah, plus I just remembered that they already have all Pass characters decided on before making them, meaning it's doubtful that Sakurai planned on adding the farmer for FP2. Maybe it could be planned for a 3rd Pass (assuming we ever get one)?

Also, I'd love to see the farmer use animals themselves in his moveset (such as summoning a chicken to either lift him in the air or crap eggs on his opponents)?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah, plus I just remembered that they already have all Pass characters decided on before making them, meaning it's doubtful that Sakurai planned on adding the farmer for FP2. Maybe it could be planned for a 3rd Pass (assuming we ever get one)?

Also, I'd love to see the farmer use animals themselves in his moveset (such as summoning a chicken to either lift him in the air or crap eggs on his opponents)?
Still, Harvest Moon as a series is a long running and one of the most beloved in terms of farm simulation games in the genre, so I certainly would love to see a rep regardless of how likely it is.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Here is something for fun List 10 more villains you want to add in smash
Not necessarily my 10 most wanteds villains/antagonists, but 10 villains I like and that just came to my mind while doing this:

1. Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
2. The Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3)
3. Hades (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
4. I-No (Guilty Gear)
5. Ryuji Goda (Yakuza 2)
6. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
7. Malos (Xenoblade 2)
8. Sho Minamimoto (The World Ends With You)
9. Chester (Ys: The Oath in Felghana)
10. Leonhardt (Trails in the Sky)

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Speaking of amiibo, it's funny how Pyra and Mythra's splash screen pose is actually fairly similar to their pre-existing figure poses.

Pyra & Mythra Revealed as the Newest Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Character
Pyra & Mythra Revealed as the Newest Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Character
Mythra
So happy that I put down an order for that Mythra figure a month ago seeing as how she's in Smash now. <3

Hopefully one day I can get Pyra too but ****ing scalpers gotta ruin the fun.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Space Invaders seems either invisible or else unwanted here, so I invite you to his support thread ^^
Very interesting we are on similar space alien pirates classic supporters I welcome you to the CATS support thread https://smashboards.com/threads/cats-thread-all-your-base-are-belong-to-us.506027/

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
BTW, guess whose birthday it is today?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Capcom has so many great franchises that I'd be kind of disappointed if we got another Street Fighter character. Nothing against Chun Li but we only have 2 fighters left and I really just want to see more franchises added to Smash.
When you can't even celebrate your own birthday without someone complaining about the mere possibility of your inclusion in Smash despite no one even bringing it up in the first place.

Guile meets Chun-Li ♰ Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (1994) [English  Audio Synch] - YouTube

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Capcom has so many great franchises that I'd be kind of disappointed if we got another Street Fighter character. Nothing against Chun Li but we only have 2 fighters left and I really just want to see more franchises added to Smash.
Well that's how I felt about Square Enix.
Sometimes breadth takes a backseat to iconicity I guess.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

replace 2B with Neku and that's me

I EVEN VOTED FOR NEKU ON MY OLD HOME PC. Fiora on the work pc, and Snake on my phone. of those 3, only Snake is playable... Fiora's in Shulk's Final Smash and Neku is MIA...

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So I found this from the Japanese side of Smash scene
Pyra and Mythra are the most beloved DLC characters in Japan.png

Pyra and Mythra are the most beloved FP2 characters in Japan according to this guys community. If you can't tell, Min-Min is the one with 5% (Ouch), Steve is 11%, Sephiroth is 36% and then Pyra/Mythra are 48%.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
View attachment 305522
Pyra and Mythra are the most beloved FP2 characters in Japan according to this guys community. If you can't tell, Min-Min is the one with 5% (Ouch), Steve is 11%, Sephiroth is 36% and then Pyra/Mythra are 48%.
No surprise. Xenoblade 2 is crazy popular there.

Staarih

Smash Master

Min Min gets hate because of being too good competitively.
If Pyra/Mythra end up being too good too, that like ratio will likely drop.

Silly things, really.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Kinda how I feel about SEGA and the possibility of Eggman tbh

Weirdly enough, I didn't mind Seph being the next SE character over other series still not in yet and I wouldn't mind that being the case for Chun-Li, so honestly it prolly just comes down to the fact that I'm way more attached to SEGA's IP library than either of those two.

also the fact that there's another Capcom character that edges Chun-Li out by a significant landslide on my personal "who would be the least interesting Capcom character"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Kinda how I feel about SEGA and the possibility of Eggman tbh

Weirdly enough, I didn't mind Seph being the next SE character over other series still not in yet and I wouldn't mind that being the case for Chun-Li, so honestly it prolly just comes down to the fact that I'm way more attached to SEGA's IP library than either of those two.
I feel the same way, although with Capcom it's more like "I love ALL of these characters" rather than a lack of attachment. The Capcom "family" kinda blends together where it's difficult for me to even see Chun-Li as an "additional rep" as much as it's just CHUN-LI IN SMASH which is a huge deal in and of itself.

With Eggman... I can't help but think about how much more I want Arle. It shouldn't be a competition like that but I dunno, that coupled with the fact that for so many people Sega only exists as a Sonic machine makes me a bit more adverse to more Sonic content over a fresh new Sega property.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sakurai:
“It’s more important that a character is fun to play more so than if they’re recognizable. So here’s the player character from the best selling game ever and the most iconic RPG villain ever. So shut up.”

Pillow

Smash Lord

She didn’t get costumed! We still have a chance!

Well apparently 2B weighs like 40 tons or something so she could probably take Chun-Li just by stepping on her toe.
Yeah but we all know Sakurai doesn’t care about canon weight where Smash is concerned or we wouldn’t have mewtwo as he is

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
2B's special gimmick: Instead of footstooling people, they just get pancaked instantly.
That won't stop people wanting her to step on them tbh
Sakurai:
“It’s more important that a character is fun to play more so than if they’re recognizable. So here’s the player character from the best selling game ever and the most iconic RPG villain ever. So shut up.”
I wish people learned to comprehend what they were told as "It's important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable" doesn't mean "being recognizable doesn't matter"

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Sakurai:
Honestly, that quote doesn't really mean anything. Sakurai can spin something cool out of pretty much anything, from a brawling dude with traditional fighting game mechanics to a terraforming blockman and a borderline-deity with an impractically long nodachi. Unique and fun movesets just come naturally with him, so we can't really use that statement to prove anything. And frankly, the only times I see that quote is to push biases on who someone thinks would/wouldn't be fun/cool/unique as a fighter.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That won't stop people wanting her to step on them tbh

I wish people learned to comprehend what they were told as "It's important that a character is fun to play, not just recognizable" doesn't mean "being recognizable doesn't matter"
Agreed. My main issue is that people seem to flip flop. After Terry, Byleth, and Min Min everyone thought there were no heavy hitters left. Then after Steve and Sephiroth people thought that they would all be heavy hitters. Like, dude the man said “not just recognizable” not “iconicness doesn’t matter”. Smash speculation is a strange beast.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I feel the same way, although with Capcom it's more like "I love ALL of these characters" rather than a lack of attachment. The Capcom "family" kinda blends together where it's difficult for me to even see Chun-Li as an "additional rep" as much as it's just CHUN-LI IN SMASH which is a huge deal in and of itself.
Capcom-only Fighter Game when, Capcom?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Yeah people got way too carried away with that Sakurai quote lmao

Like the dude also said "No." to Takamaru due to not being well known enough worldwide back in Smash 4 lol, it's still something they very much consider.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Agreed. My main issue is that people seem to flip flop. After Terry, Byleth, and Min Min everyone thought there were no heavy hitters left. Then after Steve and Sephiroth people thought that they would all be heavy hitters. Like, dude the man said “not just recognizable” not “iconicness doesn’t matter”. Smash speculation is a strange beast.
I think the issue is people being stupid. It's how you get **** like "Nah I don't want Kiryu in Tekken" mean "Kiryu is absolutely impossible in Smash"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom