• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I think it'd be hilarious for a character from Rivals of Aether, a Smash-inspired platform fighter, to appear in some capacity.

Most likely a Mii costume based on Zetterburn or Orcane; I don't see them getting a full fighter.
I do wonder how bizarre zetterburn would feel if his exact rivals moveset were copy and pasted into ultimate. It’s interesting because his movers themselves are all based off of Fox so that wouldn’t be super unique, yet the rivals mechanics themselves, if tweaked could; unable to grab onto edges, can’t shield/roll, can’t grab, but could be enhanced in some other capacities? I’m unsure but I feel like it would be cool

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Rillaboom would be cool because he'd
I'm going to assume it's new. If it was just regular Spirit event I doubt there be reason for it to be skipped. I don't know if it be Fortnite, But I think we finally might be able to expect an actual new Spirit event next week, which would be nice change of pace from the usual Spirit Event

Edit: perhaps something Square related, like maybe Chrono trigger, or perhaps SMRPG Spirits
That would be refreshing. I like when spirit events introduce new spirits (as long as they're characters that are generally small like the Tetrominos). I felt Resident Evil fans' heartbreak worldwide when the Resi spirit event happened.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
... by one day. And was likely not even considered when Joker was decided on.
It released a little over a week before Ultimate.

If it was considered at all, it was probably just to assure more conservative members of the team that Joker had an appearance on a Nintendo console. Judging on when the first pass was decided, Q2 was probably unreleased at the time but it's still possible it was discussed. We can only actually speculate how important that is. Regardless, you should double check the release dates so people don't need to keep correcting others on here.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Like, Toadsworth is Peach's royal caretaker. Why does he not even get a cameo at the start of each game where she gets kidnapped?
Toadsworth was always kind of a weird case, outside of the Gamecube and early DS and maybe Wii era, he kind of vanished from the face of the earth if I recall, the only games willing to acknowledge him outside of that where the Mario & Luigi games I think. Same thing with Polari, the brown Luma who I think was essentially Rosalina's Toadworth too if I recall..

Though he did cameo as one of Rosalina's Luma colours in Smash, so who knows, if Toad ever where to make it in, perhaps Toadsworth gets to cameo as an alt or something, maybe...

Speaking of which, have the Broodals been used at all outside of Mario Odyssey?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Toadsworth was always kind of a weird case, outside of the Gamecube and early DS and maybe Wii era, he kind of vanished from the face of the earth if I recall, the only games willing to acknowledge him outside of that where the Mario & Luigi games I think. Same thing with Polari, the brown Luma who I think was essentially Rosalina's Toadworth too if I recall..

Though he did cameo as one of Rosalina's Luma colours in Smash, so who knows, if Toad ever where to make it in, perhaps Toadsworth gets to cameo as an alt or something, maybe...

The broodals feel like absolutely perfect spirit material to me, so the fact that they aren’t even that really makes me think they are essentially dead at this point- the Wahoominati struck them me thinks

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
im gonna guess they didn't include the dissidia version of JENOVA did they?

...they didn't i take it. missed opportunity :c

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's a fun game.

Each challenger pack has a lot of music. Most of the tracks are the original versions but some are remixed.

I want you to take the original track listings for each challenger pack and pick on of the unremixed tracks to remix. No adding brand new tracks. The original has to already be included in the challenger pack.

Here are my picks.

Joker: Battle Hymn of the Soul
Hero: Adventure
Banjo: Freezeezy Peak
Terry: Ne!
Byleth: Fodlan Winds
Min Min: Mausoleum
Steve: Clockwork Crafter (This is Steve's only track that wasn't remixed.)
Sephiroth: JENOVA
I'm gonna take a couple liberties for this one:
  • Joker
    • Last Surprise
    • Reach Out to the Truth
  • Hero
    • Adventure
    • Unflinchable Courage
  • Banjo
    • Vs. Mr. Patch
  • Terry
    • Duck Duck Dub (Duck You Too)
    • Soy Sauce for Geese
    • Ne!
  • Byleth
    • Fodlan Winds
    • Between Heaven and Earth / Blue Skies and a Battle
    • Chasing Daybreak
    • The Apex of the World
  • Min Min
    • Spring Stadium
    • Ribbon Ring
    • Cinema Deux
    • Sky Arena / [NAME REDACTED]
  • Steve
    • Clockwork Crafter
  • Sephiroth
    • One-Winged Angel
    • J-E-N-O-V-A
How could they possibly improve on JENOVA tho?
Do these tickle your fancy?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No. I believe Mario Kart Tour and Dr. Mario World the only games after Super Mario Odyssey where they could have been included, but weren't though. Well, not yet at least. They'll probably appear in a Super Mario Odyssey sequel, Mario Kart Tour to celebrate that, and maybe Mario Kart 9 depending on how far apart those two games's releases are.

The broodals feel like absolutely perfect spirit material to me, so the fact that they aren’t even that really makes me think they are essentially dead at this point- the Wahoominati struck them me thinks
Nah, at this point if the Wahoominati didn't like them, they wouldn't exist.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Here's a fun game.

Each challenger pack has a lot of music. Most of the tracks are the original versions but some are remixed.

I want you to take the original track listings for each challenger pack and pick on of the unremixed tracks to remix. No adding brand new tracks. The original has to already be included in the challenger pack.

Here are my picks.

Joker: Battle Hymn of the Soul
Hero: Adventure
Banjo: Freezeezy Peak
Terry: Ne!
Byleth: Fodlan Winds
Min Min: Mausoleum
Steve: Clockwork Crafter (This is Steve's only track that wasn't remixed.)
Sephiroth: JENOVA
  • Reach Out To The Truth/Last Surprise
  • Unflinchable Courage
  • Vs. Lord Woo Fak Fak
  • Soy Sauce for Geese
  • Chasing Daybreak
  • Buster Beach
  • Clockwork Crafter
  • J-E-N-O-V-A

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So thanks to you folks, it all makes sense. If we are getting a Galar rep... it must be Rillaboom on the grounds that monky. We can thus deduce... Rillaboom will be revealed on a Friday and released seven days later!
If Rillaboom actually ends up being the Pokemon pick, there's going to be so many memes. I expect the "Reject humanity, return to monke" meme to crop up again.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Rillaboom actually ends up being the Pokemon pick, there's going to be so many memes. I expect the "Reject humanity, return to monke" meme to crop up again.
i want a mon that makes them go "reject modernity, embrace tradition" instead

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what's current speculation? Haven't been engaging as much because I'm pretty much fresh out in what to speculate.

D

Deleted member

Alright new topic.

In every Smash presentation that has happened so far, there's a Let's see him/her in action! segment where Sakurai plays a random mode with the DLC character he's using. Hero had a CPU Battle against himself, BK and Min Min had a CPU Battle against 2 characters, Terry and Sephiroth had their Classic Mode run down, Byleth had Squad Strike, and Steve had a few Spirit Battles to go through.

For the characters you want, which modes do you think Sakurai will use for their presentation? For me, we haven't seen Sakurai play a DLC character in Century Smash, so I could totally see him play a Dynasty Warriors character like Zhao Yun or Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon for that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Just curious, would you count Melmetal as a mobile rep? I think they'd be the only Pokemon rep I'd be excited for but I can't say they would be super interesting.
No, because it's obviously always been intended for the mainline games instead of Go. It doesn't headline Go, merely being relegated to a side quest and tie-in with Let's Go & Pokemon Bank on consoles. If it were your starter in Go or were something more than a good raid Pokemon I'd agree, but it's neither of those so no, it's not a mobile rep.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well guys, I cracked the code of which Gen 8 Pokemon will be playable.

Yusuke Kozaki designed Toxtricity and Falinx for Pokemon SwSh. Kozaki was behind the designs for Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates, and certain characters/Books for FEH. That means these two are Fire Emblem adjacent characters, and as we all know FE always get their most recent characters into Smash. So you know what that means?

Falinx is in!

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Alright new topic.

In every Smash presentation that has happened so far, there's a Let's see him/her in action! segment where Sakurai plays a random mode with the DLC character he's using. Hero had a CPU Battle against himself, BK and Min Min had a CPU Battle against 2 characters, Terry and Sephiroth had their Classic Mode run down, Byleth had Squad Strike, and Steve had a few Spirit Battles to go through.

For the characters you want, which modes do you think Sakurai will use for their presentation? For me, we haven't seen Sakurai play a DLC character in Century Smash, so I could totally see him play a Dynasty Warriors character like Zhao Yun or Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon for that.
Online battle from NOJ vs NOA just for him to truly feel the pain that his Online does. LAN or not LAN

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Just curious, would you count Melmetal as a mobile rep? I think they'd be the only Pokemon rep I'd be excited for but I can't say they would be super interesting.
By that logic, we already got a mobile rep :ultbylethf: :ultbyleth:

Yep, they showed up in Heroes before their own game.

Mobile gaming in general could be a nice addition tho, if only as a good way to target and get the interests of the casual Smash fanbase.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
By that logic, we already got our mobile rep :ultbylethf: :ultbyleth:

For Byleth, I say they're an exception because Three Houses isn't meant to be a companion game for Heroes, unlike Go and Let's Go.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
By that logic, we already got a mobile rep :ultbylethf: :ultbyleth:

Mobile gaming in general could be a nice addition tho, if only as a good way to target and get the interests of the casual Smash fanbase.
Haha and I suppose by my logic Lightning McQueen is a gaming character XD.

Anyway I thought Melmetal would probably be the only Pokemon rep capable of bringing in any sort of GO content and I'd loooove a GO World stage with Pokestops and stuff.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Anyway I thought Melmetal would probably be the only Pokemon rep capable of bringing in any sort of GO content and I'd loooove a GO World stage with Pokestops and stuff
I'd think that would also apply to pretty much anyone from gens 1-6 that TPC still promotes, and maybe Mimikyu since while it's not available in Go it still has cameos.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
For Byleth, I say they're an exception because Three Houses isn't meant to be a companion game for Heroes, unlike Go and Let's Go.
True, but you also got a free Male Byleth fro Heroes if you bought Three Houses and had your Nintendo Account linked to the game.

Companion game or not, they still used Heroes to market the game and make some character debuts.

Probably still doesn't count tho, but it's funny to think Byleth started on phones anyway :p

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Mobile Reps...

Mash from Fate/Grand Order was created for that game

Euden is from a Nintendo mobile game.

Gran/Djeeta are from Granblue which is by Cygames who helped develop Dragalia Lost

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Alright new topic.

Hm. That's interesting.

For Sora, maybe going through WoL's final Stage.

For Ahri, an 8-player Team Battle (4v4)

For Phoenix and Arle, I think it would make sense for a mirror match agains a specific alt (like Phoenix with a dark red alt or Arle with a pink one) to represent their home series.

And of course, Crash needs to face Mario and Sonic in a free-for-all. Maybe Sakurai could let Mario win as a joke. :p

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
CodakTheWarrior CodakTheWarrior
What's a Wahoomintal?
A joke based on Nintendo wanting Mario games to follow strict guidelines starting in the Wii era. Certain Nintendo employees are in charge of making sure this happens, thus they're jokingly considered an Illuminati-like organization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom