• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I may or may not have been a bit “bored” and made my personal list for challenger packs 9-11 if it went 100% my way.

View attachment 296953

CP9 – a second Xenoblade-Character

At this point…I don’t care who it is. Elma, Fiora, Lora, Rex or even Tyrea (my girl should’ve been playable in definitive edition). I’m okay with all of them. Just give Xenoblade the attention it clearly deserves. If I can choose, I go with Elma because the current representation of Xenoblade X hurts me.

Mii-Fighter costumes:

-Zeke (Swordfighter) – My boy deserves at least this.
-Morag (Swordfighter) – You know you want this
-Lora (Brawler) – If she’s not playable…
-Lin (Gunner)
-Lloyd (Swordfighter) – It would be ideal to have the costume return with an RPG-character. Not much to say. I would like him or another Tales-Character to be playable.
-Claptrap (Hat) – I’m playing Borderlands for the first time and I love this little guy. Could maybe work as a gunner (I think he is even playable in the Pre-Sequel game).

CP10 – Shantae

My choice for an indie-character. Not much to say. I like the character, the series and the games. I want her playable. That’s it.

Mii-Fighter costumes:

-Risky Boots (Swordfighter)
-Rottytops (Brawler)
-Shovel Knight (Swordfighter) – Obvious choice for an indie-themed pack is obvious.
-Sash Lilac (Brawler) – It would be a dream if Freedom Planet is getting acknowledged in any way in smash. This would be the best that could happen to her (and give me the FP-main theme).
-Gunvolt (Gunner) – Never played the games. Just thought it would be fitting for the “indie-theme” for this pass.
-Ori (Brawler) – See Gunvolt but I plan to play the games at some point (played the demo of the first one and I liked it).

CP11 – Officer Howard (Astral Chain)

I. Love. Astral Chain. This game is so good and not having a playable character seems like such a missed opportunity. I’d main this character immediately. And the music…my god the music…just…DO IT YOU COWARDS I NEED THIS PLS!!!!!

Mii-Fighter costumes

-Neuron uniform (Swordfighter) – Could also work as a gunner.
-Raven Armor (Gunner) – Pretty obvious choice for a costume.
-Lappy (Brawler) – again pretty obvious
-Doom Slayer (Gunner) – if he isn’t going to be playable then at least give me this (btw he’s my runner up for a possible challenger pack 12)
-Monster Hunter (Swordfighter) – I almost forgot about those costumes so I just put them in here for no real reason.
-Rathalos Armor (Swordfighter) – See above.

(I don’t apologize for any grammar errors. It’s late, im tired and I really wanted to finish this one okaythanksbye)
I see Shantae on your list. A man of culture I see. 🧐

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Point still stands. Nearly all of those "one-offs" are referenced in Breath of the Wild and have enough fans to warrant the creation of a Warriors spinoff which shouldn't be ignored just cause, so they aren't forgotten at all.
They are? That's neat. I wish Super Mario characters could get the same treatment. It's kinda silly that once the ideas for them run dry they just disappear into the ether.

Like, Toadsworth is Peach's royal caretaker. Why does he not even get a cameo at the start of each game where she gets kidnapped? Why is Bowser Jr. not present for his father's wedding, even if he's not a boss? Pauline got a comeback, but how long will that last? Why can't anyone else have minor appearances? Why did it take so long for them to add freaking Luigi to Super Mario Odyssey?

It should be El Hermano
Which boy?

D

Deleted member

It's funny how Saber's rarely discussed as a Visual Novel rep even if I get that people don't associate Fate with VNs. I'd say she's the most likely alongside Nick though.
I feel like Saber would represent the entire Fate franchise itself rather than the VNs. Actually I also see her representing FGO more than VNs (which is good because I need that FGO music in my smash).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like, Toadsworth is Peach's royal caretaker. Why does he not even get a cameo at the start of each game where she gets kidnapped?
He got Wahoominati'd. Don't ask why that doesn't apply to Bowser Jr. despite debuting in the same game.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
In other news this happened

Wunderwaft Wunderwaft time for you to shill your man again
Say no more

• First game to use 3D computer graphics
  • First game to use motion capture animations
  • Winner of 6 Guinness world records
  • Is a direct inspiration for the creation of Tomb Raider
  • Assassins Creed was literally built off the series and was originally meant to be a Prince of Persia game
  • Has a huge legacy spanning since 1989
  • The Sands of Time trilogy were popular and available on Nintendo consoles at their time of release
  • Is making a comeback with the new remake
  • Has no representation in Smash while other Ubisoft characters do
  • Has a ton of potential to bring in Smash with the sands of time, the chain daggers, and the Djinn spells.
In terms of Ubisoft characters I'm saddened that the Prince isn't talked about more. While I doubt the prospect of a Ubisoft character coming in this pass the prince has some things in his favor. It's an iconic franchise and even though it's not the most popular Ubisoft franchise anymore I'd argue it's the most historic franchise it owns.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Say no more

• First game to use 3D computer graphics
  • First game to use motion capture animations
  • Winner of 6 Guinness world records
  • Is a direct inspiration for the creation of Tomb Raider
  • Assassins Creed was literally built off the series and was originally meant to be a Prince of Persia game
  • Has a huge legacy spanning since 1989
  • The Sands of Time trilogy were popular and available on Nintendo consoles at their time of release
  • Is making a comeback with the new remake
  • Has no representation in Smash while other Ubisoft characters do
  • Has a ton of potential to bring in Smash with the sands of time, the chain daggers, and the Djinn spells.
In terms of Ubisoft characters I'm saddened that the Prince isn't talked about more. While I doubt the prospect of a Ubisoft character coming in this pass the prince has some things in his favor. It's an iconic franchise and even though it's not the most popular Ubisoft franchise anymore I'd argue it's the most historic franchise it owns.
Hey, if it helps, according to my list we have yet to have Ubisoft content this pass. The Prince may be a really cool dark horse candidate...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is why I hate the “current gen Pokémon” quota or the “we need a Pokémon for each gen” idea. Affirmative action for Pokémon... :rolleyes:

Eevee and Meowth would have fit in with the Melee and even Brawl newcomers... unique yet simple. But now... the newcomers are becoming more and more complicated and flashy. You can see it in Smash 4 and Ultimate. So... I feel that if Eevee and Meowth finally got in Smash, they would need to be crazy unique like the post-Brawl newcomers.

Crazy unique Eevee would be Eevee having the gimmick of evolving into Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon. Crazy unique Meowth would be Meowth teaming up with Jessie’s Ekans and James’s Koffing.

When you consider Eevee’s history with Eeveelutions and Meowth’s history with Team Rocket, surely you can see how these “crazy unique” ideas suit them.

Eevee for Smash! :133::134::135::136:
Meowth for Smash! :052::023::109:
If we were to do a complex Meowth moveset, I'd take advantage of all the regional variants it has. It'd be a mix between Pokemon Trainer and Shulk, where the meowths are semi clones of each other that can be swapped. Kantonian is the basic one, Alolan is faster but weaker, and Galarian is slower but stronger. They could also have a unique move or two.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, Thinking about how FF7 Finally got Mii costumes for it's Series, and perhaps for some interesting data, here are the 3rd Party franchises that have no Costumes

-Metal Gear
-PAC-MAN
-Street Fighter
-Bayonetta
-Castlevania

These are 5 Franchises, and Besides PAC-MAN, These franchises has someone that could fit a Mii Build

Personally at some point, I'd expect a Alucard Mii costume at least considering how he was considered to be the Castlevania Fighter
Metal Gear Mii costumes
:ultswordfighter: Gray Fox
:ultswordfighter: Raiden

Pac-Man Mii costumes
:ultmiifighters: Ghost (comes in four colors: red, pink, blue, and orange) (they make your Mii Fighter look like Cobra Commander)

Street Fighter Mii costumes
:ultbrawler: Akuma
:ultbrawler: Guile
:ultbrawler: M. Bison
:ultbrawler: Sakura

Bayonetta Mii costumes
:ultgunner: Jeanne

Castlevania Mii costumes
:ultswordfighter: Alucard
:ultswordfighter: Simon Belmont (Castlevania Chronicles)
:ultswordfighter: Soma Cruz

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'm predicting the following based on absolutely nothing.
  • Brawlers
    • Chun-Li
    • Rayman
  • Swordfighters
    • Sol Badguy
    • Dante
    • Lloyd Irving
    • Monster Hunter
  • Gunners
    • Doomguy
  • Hats
    • IDFK
  • Other
    • Penis Wright is in as either a fighter or a spirit (no Mii Costume) Oops I mean Phoenix...
    • Spirit Event featuring characters from Metroid Prime 4
    • Gooigi is somewhere in the game (outside than Luigi's Poltergust) by the end of this Fighters Pass
    • No More Heroes Spirit Event
    • Crash is not in the game by the end of this Fighters Pass
    • (if there is more DLC after FP2) Fighters Pass 3 will only have 3 Challenger Packs

Last edited:

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
Just like how we can't even get a rep for Generation 3 and 5.
(Sceptile was pretty requested back in Smash 4.)
Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of Sceptile getting included, he seems like a fun character to play and I like him a lot as a Pokemon, but imo a lot of his support was a) based on ORAS coming out and b) the "grass type bandwagon crew"
I think this is supported since once Ultimate speculation began, Sceptile was dropped from discussion and Decidueye was the frontrunner.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And most of these requests were to complete an arbitrary typing triangle, like how Decidueye was the talk of the town before Incineroar got revealed.

I'm mostly surprised to see history isn't repeating itself with Rillaboom though. And ironically enough, people had to stop backing Grass-types the moment we actually got one with creative gimmicks :p

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Samus, megaman, astro boy have gun arms too yes but they dont have the military vibe going on.
Well, when you say "gun arm aesthetic", who are you referring to? I assumed you were talking about the inspiration for, like, the Mii Gunners.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And most of these requests were to complete an arbitrary typing triangle, like how Decidueye was the talk of the town before Incineroar got revealed.

I'm mostly surprised to see history isn't repeating itself with Rillaboom though. And ironically enough, people had to stop backing Grass-types the moment we actually got one with creative gimmicks :p
Mostly because of the Grookey line's lack of relevance. Rillaboom is the lowest ranking of the Galar starters in the fan favorite poll and Grookey has not properly debuted yet in the anime.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Grass is usually not the one type Pokemon likes to push.

Which btw, Sakurai once said he would love to add Grovyle if he gets to make the ultimate Smash. Hmmm, i will keep that in mind

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
  • Brawlers
    • Chun-Li
    • Rayman
  • Swordfighters
    • Sol Badguy
    • Dante
    • Lloyd Irving
    • Monster Hunter
  • Gunners
    • Doomguy
  • Hats
    • IDFK
  • Other
    • Penis Wright is in as either a fighter or a spirit (no Mii Costume) Oops I mean Phoenix...
    • Gooigi is somewhere in the game (outside than Luigi's Poltergust) by the end of this Fighters Pass
    • (if there is more DLC after FP2) Fighters Pass 3 will only have 3 Challenger Packs
The typo here made me almost burst out laughing in a social setting so thank you for that

Apart from that nice predictions

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Rillaboom is the first grass starter since :154: that isn't my favorite from it's generation, so i'd either be laughing really hard at the bad luck or really angry.

7NATOR

Smash Master
  • Brawlers
    • Chun-Li
    • Rayman
  • Swordfighters
    • Sol Badguy
    • Dante
    • Lloyd Irving
    • Monster Hunter
  • Gunners
    • Doomguy
  • Hats
    • IDFK
  • Other
Typo aside

-I'd argue Phoenix would work well as a Mii costume, So I would personally add that possibility

-I Don't think Quote or Doomguy are in at all. I hear Quote's home Company is hard to work with or something, and The Doom creators made it seem like Doomguy wasn't serious possibility at all, for anything. Perhaps though

-I think if we were going to get No More Heroes Spirit Event, we would have gotten one

-Gooigi is a Mystery. It could be considered weird we got no Luigi Mansion 3 Spirits. Perhaps we might get some Character alts or something. Mrs. PAC-MAN would be a good contender also if we were to get those

-I doubt Metroid Prime 4 Spirit event with how far it probably is

-The things I Agree with the most are Crash not being in the game, and Dante being a Mii Costume.

-For Mii's, I would add Alucard and Shovel Knight as a Swordfighter

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also something I realized

So Why do you guys think a Spirit event was skipped in the website data? Is it possible we get whatever Spirit event was skipped next week?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also something I realized

So Why do you guys think a Spirit event was skipped in the website data? Is it possible we get whatever Spirit event was skipped next week?
its Fortnite calling it now i mean uh. idk. i do wonder what other new events if any will happen tho

7NATOR

Smash Master
its Fortnite calling it now i mean uh. idk. i do wonder what other new events if any will happen tho
I'm going to assume it's new. If it was just regular Spirit event I doubt there be reason for it to be skipped. I don't know if it be Fortnite, But I think we finally might be able to expect an actual new Spirit event next week, which would be nice change of pace from the usual Spirit Event

Edit: perhaps something Square related, like maybe Chrono trigger, or perhaps SMRPG Spirits

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm going to assume it's new. If it was just regular Spirit event I doubt there be reason for it to be skipped. I don't know if it be Fortnite, But I think we finally might be able to expect an actual new Spirit event next week, which would be nice change of pace from the usual Spirit Event

Edit: perhaps something Square related, like maybe Chrono trigger, or perhaps SMRPG Spirits
i mean Crono's the last guy on the seven squares list to not appear yet, not counting Sora

feel like most if not all spirit events were to coincide with a recent release/rerelease tho

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd also wager that Generation 8 will be skipped as well. Perhaps Generation 9 as too if the development schedule continues to be way too fast.
Since Gen 3 and Gen 5 both missed the boat in Brawl and Smash 4, I wouldn't be surprised if Gen 8 and Gen 9 get left out without a rep in Ultimate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a fun game.

Each challenger pack has a lot of music. Most of the tracks are the original versions but some are remixed.

I want you to take the original track listings for each challenger pack and pick one of the unremixed tracks to remix. No adding brand new tracks. The original has to already be included in the challenger pack.

Here are my picks.

Joker: Battle Hymn of the Soul
Hero: Adventure
Banjo: Freezeezy Peak
Terry: Ne!
Byleth: Fodlan Winds
Min Min: Mausoleum
Steve: Clockwork Crafter (This is Steve's only track that wasn't remixed.)
Sephiroth: JENOVA

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
i mean Crono's the last guy on the seven squares list to not appear yet, not counting Sora

feel like most if not all spirit events were to coincide with a recent release/rerelease tho
or Anniversary

and to my Knowledge, There's no Release/rerelease/Anniversary for Chrono trigger coming soon

It may be SMRPG Spirit event then, or perhaps it's a New event unrelated to Square, that the dev team did not want to add to take away spotlight from Spehiroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom