• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
...or the mods did not want to deal with a thread that was already getting trolled quite hard and had some toxic comments in it and was over 3000 pages long? Long threads, as the Newcomer Speculation thread has shown, can be a hassle for servers. Combine that with a thread that would only attract more trolls after the mii costume reveal and breed more toxicity, it makes sense to close it for a time. Not saying all geno fans are toxic, but I went in there and not naming names but there were some toxic posts as early as when Sephiroth was revealed.
The toxicity seems very small most of the time, after Sephiroth was revealed there were only 1-2 people being toxic iirc and their posts bothered other thread regulars who were disappointed but just tried to continue discussion, with the posts not being aimed directly at them. More-recently most members have been dealing with trolls well though a few seemed to try and troll them back, idk.

Most of the thread's members are good, although a few or so were unfortunately quick to snap at people who aren't in there often for being "trolls" (when they were genuinely concerned about stuff and didn't act like the actual trolls) and similar behavior, so while the majority of the thread were fine and the thread itself seemed fine most of the time, that behavior was still there sometimes + it was off-topic a lot outside of speculation and stuff that was actually tied to Geno and SMRPG, so, combined with the over 3k pages thing, maybe it'd be best to restart with a new thread if the staff decides to let it keep going tbh.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, wrapped up the Spirit board and...

Man, am I the only one disappointed in their difficulty? Phantom Thieves and Hero's Companions were HARD, all the others since then have been a breeze to get through.

Only died twice, and one of those was me being stupid while trying to kill Aerith with Sephiroth DAir. :roll:

Also, I just realized Sephiroth might be the first character whose alt doesn't seem to have a separate Fighter Spirit.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Very boring balance patch by the looks of the early translation, just multi-hit fixes and no solid buffs except for Fox and Young Link. Disappointing :(

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm still preparing my things for the update at the moment, can anyone who had bought the Geno Mii outfit confirm or deny if the Geno spirit battle will use it if you have it? As of 8.0.0, you can easily revisit spirit battles through your collection.

There's a lot to chew on, so I'll have to make like a bamboo to get it done.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm still preparing my things for the update at the moment, can anyone who had bought the Geno Mii outfit confirm or deny if the Geno spirit battle will use it if you have it? As of Min Min, you can easily revisit spirit battles through your collection.

There's a lot to chew on, so I'll have to make like a bamboo to get it done.
It doesn't :(

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
I look away for a few days, and the Geno thread was actually locked?? Goodness. Then again, I suppose no one really needs to pinpoint any of their horribly numerous sins to justify this action.

They didn't even seem particularly rowdy, just discussing some new rumor. Stuff about Sephiroth being part of a behind-the-scenes deal, and Byleth being made out of someone else's moves. Any credence to those claims, or is that just typical straw-grasping on their part?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, wrapped up the Spirit board and...

Man, am I the only one disappointed in their difficulty? Phantom Thieves and Hero's Companions were HARD, all the others since then have been a breeze to get through.

Only died twice, and one of those was me being stupid while trying to kill Aerith with Sephiroth DAir. :roll:

Also, I just realized Sephiroth might be the first character whose alt doesn't seem to have a separate Fighter Spirit.
Technically, that distinction applies to Zombie and Enderman.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It doesn't :(
That's a bit of a shame, actually... I kind of thought they would do that, seeing as it tends to be, well... something they've been doing with the DLC Mii costumes as they roll out. Then again - the Min Min spirit doesn't use Min Min instead of Corrin if you've bought Min Min, so...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Hmm. No Zack Fair spirit.
Perhaps we will get Echo Fighters down the line.
Zack Fair, Ms. Pac-Man, and Proto Man are all the most obvious picks.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'all remember Voice Theory? The theory that one character might have an alt with different voices because there was an extra slot left over in the sound test?

Ep4_iAqUUAAWy7k.jpg

That slot is now taken by Advent Children Cloud, for the sake of the new voice grunts he has for Omnislash Ver. 5.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'all remember Voice Theory? The theory that one character might have an alt with different voices because there was an extra slot left over in the sound test?

View attachment 296856

That slot is now taken by Advent Children Cloud, for the sake of the new voice grunts he has for Omnislash Ver. 5.
So either everyone has one voice slot from here on out or we're getting a mute character somewhere in the pass.

Assuming, of course, that Voice Theory is actually based on the code and not just a perfect rectangle. I don't think we ever settled that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So Sephiroth's tournament.

It even comes with a new song

:4pacman: :4pacman: :4pacman:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So, I beat Bahamut ZERO's spirit with Sephiroth, in one try. It was piss easy.

Also, since we got mii costumes for Barret, Tifa, and Aerith, and the rest of the party members that are represent as fighters in the spirit board, someone has to recreate moments from FF7: Machinabridged in Smash.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

View attachment 296856

On the bright side... we can now speculate freely again without worrying about alts.

Minus side, it probably meant nothing since the Smash team likely doesn't worry about perfect squares concerning DLC.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So Sephiroth's tournament.

Yoo that picture is sick

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So uh, I guess I'll leave these here since the topic is the recent Square DLC content. Let me know if I should delete something.

Uhhh... where are the girl's noses!? Also that Geno Firewood is pretty dang awesome looking.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Every time I listen to this I have to remind myself that it is in fact a real song in a Sonic game.
And from a band that's real! Though honestly, Powerman 5000 in a Smash game is an idea that I personally would enjoy.

andree123

Smash Ace

View attachment 296856

Oh, yes, box theory 2.

But I have another fighter-related theory I have with me, go guess what it is. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom