• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Obviously fake. Pretty sure I've seen that Yuri art before. And this:

They literally used this from Guilty Gear Xrd for Sol.

It would have been nice to get a more convincing leak, not gonna lie. Even if it's just for the sake of new discussions.
I'm pretty sure that the leak was intended as a joke.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
When will fake leakers figure out that people will be way more likely to believe them if they can actually make out what they're supposed to believe?
I know right?

By the way guys, I just found this leaked on a Japanese forum. Apparently it was in that big Nintendo data theft.

I wasn't sure at first from the first image someone snapped a picture of on their 15-year-old-phone. But then they showed the original file. And this seems legit.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Nobody is like "They should put Rathalos in the game", because he already is, in the way that fits him best. Just like Ganon!
This is pretty funny because Rathalos Could actually be a fighter alongside the Rider in the game if they uses his Monster Hunter Stories design and version since the scale of that Rathalos is smaller than the original.

It's about different version of character since both character is different in their own way like how OoT Ganon never been shown using magic and wielding a trident other than he's just an embodiment of the Triforce of Power while LTTP Ganon or should I say the OG Ganon is famous for using magic and actually feels like a real warlock. You could say the same thing to ZSS and Samus, they're basically the same person but because ZSS is her without suit means that she can't use her missile or turn into a morph ball.

Even then having 2 different version of Zelda character is something common considering that all of the Zelda cast uses different design throughout the series.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I know right?

By the way guys, I just found this leaked on a Japanese forum. Apparently it was in that big Nintendo data theft.

I wasn't sure at first from the first image someone snapped a picture of on their 15-year-old-phone. But then they showed the original file. And this seems legit.
I can't believe they're really adding Duke Nukem and Sub Zero to Smash.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I know right?

Now I wonder why they uses a unique 2D artstyle for the banner..

Lyncario

Smash Ace
If we're talking about leaks, then there's a guy who just made a Gamefaqs, saying he's a playtester, he says that crash and Spyro are the next characters, and that he also knows who the last character is but he won't tell us because it's too mindblowing, but he also says that it's not anyone from Capcom, not Porky, not Rayman, not Doom Slayer, no one from Sonic or Sega, not Lloyd, not Master Chief, not Bandana Dee, not Waluigi, not 2B, Vivi, or anyone from Square-Enix, not Dixie Kong, and not any pokemon.
Truly this is the most reliable leak and leaker ever, and not at all the echo fighter of "my uncle works at Nintendo".

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If we're talking about leaks, then there's a guy who just made a Gamefaqs, saying he's a playtester, he says that crash and Spyro are the next characters, and that he also knows who the last character is but he won't tell us because it's too mindblowing, but he also says that it's not anyone from Capcom, not Porky, not Rayman, not Doom Slayer, no one from Sonic or Sega, not Lloyd, not Master Chief, not Bandana Dee, not Waluigi, not 2B, Vivi, or anyone from Square-Enix, not Dixie Kong, and not any pokemon.
Truly this is the most reliable leak and leaker ever, and not at all the echo fighter of "my uncle works at Nintendo".
Obviously it's fake because Vivi is a lock smh

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I have a genuine question for those who think Lloyd has a chance to be playable.
Most people write off Spyro, because he's contingent upon Crash being playable first, as he's Activision's bigger property.
Assuming that you agree with that framing, how are Lloyd's chances not nerfed by Heihachi's disconfirmation? Tekken is a much bigger Bandai-Namco IP. This is the same concept.
Mega Man got playable representation before Street Fighter. Being the biggest isn’t everything.

Bigger IPs don't automatically mean Smash priority

Resident Evil is a much bigger series for Capcom than both Mega Man and Street Fighter, yet unlike the other two, RE got nothing more than a couple of Spirits
Consoles sales aren’t everything when it comes to size of franchises as it doesn’t take into account arcade profits for SF2. Street Fighter is definitely more iconic franchise than Resident Evil.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Tsk tsk. This is clearly the superior racing game soundtrack.

(That one point where the pitch becomes higher always breaks me, holy ****.)
"It's DANGEROUS!" Screams of people panicking

Sorry but I'm on my Ocean Sprint so it's gonna pass me by!

SKX31

Smash Master
Tsk tsk. This is clearly the superior racing game soundtrack.

(That one point where the pitch becomes higher always breaks me, holy ****.)
"It's DANGEROUS!" Screams of people panicking

Sorry but I'm on my Ocean Sprint so it's gonna pass me by!
I don't know how this racing game soundtrack came to be, but what I know is that I have Touhou Eurobeat
Never forget Wipeout:

The soundtrack remained consistently good from its earliest PS1 days to the recent Omega Collection on the PS4. Also, somehow managed to get this song onto the N64:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
It's obvious who he's referring too.
maxresdefault.jpg

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How different would things be if we got an Assist Trophy promotion via DLC?
Bound to happen, one day. Might not be with Ultimate, but still.

There's been lots of promotions from AT to playable already in between games.

I could still see Isaac, especially, happening. If not Isaac, I could see them opting for Felix instead maybe.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How different would things be if we got an Assist Trophy promotion via DLC?
I feel like that depends on who it is - with only three characters left, I'd think we'd only get one assist trophy promotion (with so many new characters out there, I feel like two might be pushing it), and I'm not sure if they'd be able to satisfy the majority of people with just one of them. It would definitely change things up for speculation about future games, though - a character being an assist trophy would no longer be seen as a death sentence for their chances of being playable.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It would definitely change things up for speculation about future games, though - a character being an assist trophy would no longer be seen as a death sentence for their chances of being playable.
Actually, probably not in all honesty. Whoever does get promoted would likely be seen as a special case that will never happen again. Thus we have the "it has happened so it can happen again" vs. "it's never going to happen again".

Firox

Smash Master
Actually, probably not in all honesty. Whoever does get promoted would likely be seen as a special case that will never happen again. Thus we have the "it has happened so it can happen again" vs. "it's never going to happen again".
Good ol' Smash Speculation. Even if rules get broken, we'll just make more. It's like my boy Benjamin Franklin always says:

"In this world, nothing can be said to be certain except for death, taxes and a healthy dose of gatekeeping."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still far better than "No, it's not possible!" frankly.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
:ultsamus::ultzss:
:ultzelda::ultsheik:
:ultmario::ultdoc:
:ultlink::ultyounglink:

Just saying.
I'm not saying Smash hasn't done that before.
I'm saying it's BAD that they did that before and shouldn't keep doing it.

Spyro will never be anything more than a Mii hat in Smash Bros., I can tell you that.
Crash: "Stay where you belong...as a Mii hat."
Spyro: "I will never be a Mii hat..."

Nintendo finally doing an assist trophy promotion for the very last DLC character (and thus with no greater implications for Ultimate) would be oddly on brand for them.
But the fan rule would still be dead forever, going into future games.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
How to speculate for Smash Ultimate's DLC:

Step 1: Find a set of characters you want. Likewise, find a set of characters you don't want.

Step 2: Look to the limited sample of precedent we have and cherry-pick minor qualities that match up with the characters you want and/or don't match up with the characters you don't want. Whether or not Sakurai, Nintendo, or any rights-holders involved in the process would really care about said qualities doesn't matter. If you're getting really fancy, bind all of these points under the banner of a theory.

Step 3: Assert these points as a fact, using them to uplift your supported character and spike down characters that you don't support. If someone argues against your points, claim they're just fanboys in denial of what's plainly evident.

Step 4: If a character is revealed who breaks your theory, alter the semantics of the theory in such a way that can include the new fighter while keeping the core points otherwise the same. If this can be accomplished, move on to step 6. If not, move on to step 5.

Step 5: If step 4 fails, claim the infringing character is an "exception" and that no other character will most likely have this quality, so it's dumb to continue acting to the contrary.

Step 6: Win sweet internet points as your most wanteds are now legally guaranteed to be added to Smash before the DLC is over.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Great, another "I don't care if you don't believe me so that makes me more believable" leak tactic.

Also I've always had the thought that Sakurai is the sole play tester for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom