• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
There's three characters left in Fighters Pass vol 2 though
???????
I mean, Smash seems to be in a position where a Fighters Pass Vol 3 is very likely considering all the released picks thus far. Though come to think of it Sol looks plucked right out of an in-game Guilty Gear screenshot. If that is Sol.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Has anybody talked about this thing yet? It was posted on the Ryu Hayabusa thread.
View attachment 303114
It looks pretty convincing, but it could be just Grinch leak Mk.II here. Looking like the latter the more I look at it.
There is no way this isn't an attempt at creating a Grinch Leak part 2

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Has anybody talked about this thing yet? It was posted on the Ryu Hayabusa thread.
View attachment 303114
It looks pretty convincing, but it could be just Grinch leak Mk.II here. Looking like the latter the more I look at it.
Some pretty poor layering in here. Donkey Kong and Rosalina's faces are nearly covered completely.
Who are those even supposed to be, other than Crash and Yuri?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Some pretty poor layering in here. Donkey Kong and Rosalina's faces are nearly covered completely.
i can;'t even tell who those are supposed to be
Kubfu, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, Sol Badguy, Amaterasu, and Yuri, just about. At least, that's what I make out.

Last edited:

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
I mean, Smash seems to be in a position where a Fighters Pass Vol 3 is very likely considering all the released picks thus far. Though come to think of it Sol looks plucked right out of an in-game Guilty Gear screenshot. If that is Sol.
In any case, I'm not the type of person who calls things like this real or fak--

nevermind, I just looked at it again, it looks like a photoshop edit

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
View attachment 303114
Oh **** !!!, Here we go again... Grinck Leak 2.0 !!!

My bear and bird Banjo-Kazooie survived that slaughter the 1st time around and you can bet my boy Crash Bandicoot is gonna go down fighting this go around.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
View attachment 303114
Obviously fake. Pretty sure I've seen that Yuri art before. And this:

The picture of Sol they used is literally just
They literally used this from Guilty Gear Xrd for Sol.

It would have been nice to get a more convincing leak, not gonna lie. Even if it's just for the sake of new discussions.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
View attachment 303114

It seems fake due to I highly doubt the remaining three fighters and maybe future fighters if there's a Fighter's Pass 3 would show up on the painting before Fighters 9-11 showing up.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Obviously fake. Pretty sure I've seen that Yuri art before. And this:

They literally used this from Guilty Gear Xrd for Sol.

It would have been nice to get a more convincing leak, not gonna lie. Even if it's just for the sake of new discussions.
Someone also found out that Kubfu is taken from a screenshot as well:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sounds like a nice dream

SF #2 is Chun-Li but got beat because Ken was able to be an echo. Castlevania #2 is Alucard but again we had a similar echo situation. Sephiroth is undoubtedly the #2 from FF7 and arguably the #2 from the whole series. In your opinion is Zero the uncontested #2 newcomer from Megaman or should it be someone else?
I was comparing Ken to Luigi and Tails due to being the "guy who's similar, but not quite the main character", Though in terms of overall marketing, then yeah, it's Chun.

As for Mega Man, mechanically,(like Luigi) it'd be Protoman. He works as an off-shoot of OG Mega Man the best, while other protagonists have their own spin-off gimmicks to make them standout. But I think you can make obvious claims to not only him, but Mega Man X and Zero as well.

MMX is the most successful spin-off other than Battle Network(I don't know if the Legacy Collections outpaced MMBN), with a recent poll showed that MMX was the most popular character, but I don't know how large scale it was, I think it was Capcom Taiwan's. There was also an early XDive Poll that had MMX in 1st and 3rd place, with both his Ultimate and Normal armors. With Zero being 2nd. And recently, Capcom's been pushing Mega Man X alot more in these crossovers, giving him first billing before Zero. Though honestly most of these use both of them.

And Zero's popular enough get a spin-off of a spin-off even if his solo games didn't sell as well as Mega Man X, and was chosen as an AT, so it's not like the guy isn't being sandbagged. Zero's been used the most in crossovers IF you include both versions of him, since the main Mega Man they use gets switched around, with Marvel 3 being the outlier that doesn't have a main Mega Man.

Taking that poll out that I mentioned, I would say Mega Man, then Zero, then Mega Man X seems to be the order of how popular they are generally.

EDIT: TL;DR

So you've got:

1. Older Brother guy with similar, yet different mechanics with Protoman.
2. 2nd Protagonist with the most success after the OG, and is getting a bigger push in recent years, potentially 2nd most popular overall with Mega Man X.
3. Edgy Rival Bro who was popular enough to also get his own series, and who's playstyle fits a fighting game with Zero.

View attachment 303046It's Lara Croft's birthday today 🥳

So I'm here just to say Lara would be an amazing choice for Smash! Peace!
I agree, huge gaming icon. So she makes perfect sense. I'm also interested in how Sakurai could make her flashy as hell.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
All things considered I wouldn't be too upset with that lineup, as fake as this is. Sol and Amaterasu are particularly good picks.

Lmao @ Kubfu though
Kubfu is litty though wdym. He's way cuter than Urshifoo. I'd love to be kung fuing everyone across the stage with this little guy.

Well, thank goodness that only lasted 10 minutes as opposed to 10 days. A fun idea to entertain though.
Rookie faker though. A true faker would've included Isaac, to extinguish that last bit of hope that his supporters didn't even know they had.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Kubfu is litty though wdym. He's way cuter than Urshifoo. I'd love to be kung fuing everyone across the stage with this little guy.

Rookie faker though. A true faker would've included Isaac, to extinguish that last bit of hope that his supporters didn't even know they had.
To be fair, Isaac fans still have a bit of hope, mostly related to those Golden Sun trademarks that we still don't know about.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
One thing with Tales, its one of JPRG's biggest franchises and very well massive over there in Japan. A reason to not write it off.
It's a lot smaller than the internet will have you believe. not too mention Arise is definitely going to decline the franchise, at least in Japan.

Kubfu, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, Sol Badguy, Amaterasu, and Yuri, just about. At least, that's what I make out.
Amaterasu is looking really stiff.

my thought's on the leak.... even the grinch leak had a more believable roster. the grinch leak was about favorites, this one is just about the characters the speculation scene believes is the most likely, which makes it even more unlikely.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
View attachment 303114
This screams Grinch Leak all over again.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
What is that Divine Instrument Amaterasu has there? That circular thing in the middle is too small to be Divine Retribution, and besides, DR is green with red fire, not blue with yellow fire. The Devout Beads go around her neck, so that's not it - even if they were above her in a ring, that still wouldn't explain the blue thing. It might be Tsumugari, looking up what that looks like, but where's the blade?

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
It's a lot smaller than the internet will have you believe. not too mention Arise is definitely going to decline the franchise, at least in Japan.

Amaterasu is looking really stiff.

my thought's on the leak.... even the grinch leak had a more believable roster. the grinch leak was about favorites, this one is just about the characters the speculation scene believes is the most likely, which makes it even more unlikely.
Crash and Hayabusa yeah, but the others? Cinderace is somewhat expected but not really a popular name, Amaterasu is literally the underdog pick for a new Capcom character, Sol Badguy is still a relatively niche name in the context of speculation and Lloyd is the popular Tales character among Smash fans, not Yuri. And no one would expect Kubfu or a second Pokémon DLC lol.

I'd say the pic does a somewhat good job when it comes to variety. It was obviously fake after seeing the pic had more than 3 fighters and even if they did a third pass, no way they would already have the banner with all the characters. But I think the selection is at least interesting.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What is that Divine Instrument Amaterasu has there? That circular thing in the middle is too small to be Divine Retribution, and besides, DR is green with red fire, not blue with yellow fire. The Devout Beads go around her neck, so that's not it - even if they were above her in a ring, that still wouldn't explain the blue thing. It might be Tsumugari, looking up what that looks like, but where's the blade?
It's Divine Retribution. The color is kind of like a rusted copper or bronze, but it's definitely green, and the fire effects are trying to be consistent with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's portrayal of them, being yellow in the center, then fading to red at the edges, but it's a bit too yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom