• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Ganon is cool, but I want a Zelda newcomer. Not a newcomer, NEWcomer. Like goddamn, it's been two decades since we've had a fresh face, just give me Tingle or something that isn't the equivalent of Dr. Link since they don't want to give each of the green bois standout features.
Question to the Zelda-fans: I can remember back in the pre brawl days during my time on a german forum that some people held Vaati in very high regards.
Like they called him the next big villain of the franchise and that he would outright replace Ganon in everything including smash (as we now know, this didn't happen).

My question: Was this a thing among fans or where these just a handful of people who just really liked the character a bit too much
(for the lack of a better word).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Question to the Zelda-fans: I can remember back in the pre brawl days during my time on a german forum that some people held Vaati in very high regards.
Like they called him the next big villain of the franchise and that he would outright replace Ganon in everything including smash.

My question: Was this a thing among fans or where these just a handful of people who just really liked the character a bit too much
(for the lack of a better word).
I think it's because he was the only reoccuring villain besides Ganon at that point, he was in Minish Cap and the Four Swords games iirc, which now that I think about it is kinda weird, being the villain in 2 games is the most outside of Ganon

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think it's because he was the only reoccuring villain besides Ganon at that point, he was in Minish Cap and the Four Swords games iirc, which now that I think about it is kinda weird, being the villain in 2 games is the most outside of Ganon
The fact that The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords was made by Capcom also means that there's a chance that Nintendo doesn't even own him, similar to with Geno, in which case it's unlikely that they'll even use him again. Although, Nintendo made The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, so this might not be the case.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash Bros. doesn't always give a Spindly Johnny about accuracy of a stage to the source material, remember? :4pacman:
can't have fun imagining luigi jumping 500 feet into the air just to get to his house huh? :090:

SKX31

Smash Master
Nah, Eggman ****ed on it waaaay before then :4pacman:
Don't forget Piccolo doing the same ages ago.
So that's how the Moon Kingdom was destroyed and Sailor Moon was forced to flee to Earth :4pacman:...

...Wait **** that's pretty disturbing.

can't have fun imagining luigi jumping 500 feet into the air just to get to his house huh? :090:
It might just be normal exercise for Luigi since he jumps pretty high. The height's not the problem...

It's the ghosts that probably are the problem, considering he always gets jumpscared by them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The fact that The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords was made by Capcom also means that there's a chance that Nintendo doesn't even own him, similar to with Geno, in which case it's unlikely that they'll even use him again. Although, Nintendo made The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, so this might not be the case.
Both versions of the 4 Swords manga don't seem to credit Capcom at all so I doubt it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anyone who's played the orginal Luigi's Mansion knows what the true mansion looks like.

Nah, after what he had to go through that night he deserves this.

I mean his actual canon "mansion" is the Rank D one I'm pretty sure. So either Luigi wasn't interested in all the money or he kept dropping them every time a ghost made him **** himself scared.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Luigi has to jump very high in order to reach his home, but Wario needs a shuttle.

This also explains why the moon was restored after being destroyed several times, it was the geine who restored it and made it Wario's property (and this is the explanation for the ugly face it has in Majora's Mask, it's Wario's face).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Luigi has to jump very high in order to reach his home, but Wario needs a shuttle.

This also explains why the moon was restored after being destroyed several times, it was the geine who restored it and made it Wario's property (and this is the explanation for the ugly face it has in Majora's Mask, it's Wario's face).
Remember when a money demon rewrote reality itself just because Wario bought it for flex purposes so he had to befriend the seven dwarves to fix everything back to the way it was?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I mean his actual canon "mansion" is the Rank D one I'm pretty sure. So either Luigi wasn't interested in all the money or he kept dropping them every time a ghost made him **** himself scared.
Both Rank A and Rank D have made appearances outside of the game, but Rank D appears in Dark Moon while Rank A appears in Mario Kart, so Rank D is probably more canon.

It's actually incredibly difficult to get the lowest possible rank because you have to go out of your way to avoid money which is extremely plentiful in the game. On the other side, for the European version you're pretty much required to play through new game plus to be able to get the highest Rank A ending.

The 3DS version adds an even bigger mansion, that you also have to play through new game plus to get.

Image result for all new mansions luigi

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Remember when a money demon rewrote reality itself just because Wario bought it for flex purposes so he had to befriend the seven dwarves to fix everything back to the way it was?
That happend in the Fallen Hero timeline, it's not canon with Majora's Mask.

Well jokes aside, that game also had different endings, one where his castle becomes even bigger than it was before. The moon is also not canon because the castle appears in Warioland 2.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Is there some kind of lore, though? I feel like I'm supposed to watch in a certain order...
This is kinda the only one that uses the lore, because it references a bunch of stuff from previous videos. Most of them are just game parodies with callbacks and running gags.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That happend in the Fallen Hero timeline, it's not canon with Majora's Mask.

Well jokes aside, that game also had different endings, one where his castle becomes even bigger than it was before. The moon is also not canon because the castle appears in Warioland 2.
How do we know what's canon and not canon considering the last Wario Land game had him living out of his goddamn mother****ing car from Double Dash.

1613339450036.png

My headcanon is that this was before he decided to become a game tycoon.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Both Rank A and Rank D have made appearances outside of the game, but Rank D appears in Dark Moon while Rank A appears in Mario Kart, so Rank D is probably more canon.

It's actually incredibly difficult to get the lowest possible rank because you have to go out of your way to avoid money which is extremely plentiful in the game. On the other side, for the European version you're pretty much required to play through new game plus to be able to get the highest Rank A ending.

The 3DS version adds an even bigger mansion, that you also have to play through new game plus to get.

Image result for all new mansions luigi
While it's true that his house in Dark Moon resembles the D Rank one, it's also true that there's a photo of one resembling the A or B rank one at the wall of the room... It seems like part of an advertising thing and there's a map below, I'm not sure what does it mean. Well to be more precise, it resembles the original mansion, the haunted one, but not haunted anymore (white walls and light green roof). Maybe Luigi made an hotel out of the mansion and he lives in a different smaller house.

EDIT:
Mansion.png

Unless this one is from before the events of LM1 when Luigi "won" the mansion. Well since it says "Your Mansion" I suppose it's the photo of the original mansion before LM1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom