• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait, why are we talking about SCPs? Are they eligible for Smash or something?
No, considering SCPs are official fan-fiction. So SCPs wouldn't be eligible. We're just talking about 914, the one that can upgrade stuff(and make self-insert fiction) and wondering about the possibility of Smash Bros. Ultimate being combined with Playstation All-Stars by 914 into possibly the best crossover game.

Note that 914 upgrading something doesn't mean it will be the intended result. One copy of Smash Bros. Ultimate became a Smash Bros. game with SCPs and SCP Personnel that also included the one SCP that should never ever be looked at and another copy of Smash Bros. Ultimate literally became a box of bright light streams.

Edit: By the way, speaking of SCP, if any of you are into horror games, the original SCP Containment Breach on PC is fantastic and worth a try. And it's free.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
No, considering SCPs are official fan-fiction. So SCPs wouldn't be eligible. We're just talking about 914, the one that can upgrade stuff(and make self-insert fiction) and wondering about the possibility of Smash Bros. Ultimate being combined with Playstation All-Stars by 914 into possibly the best crossover game.

Note that 914 upgrading something doesn't mean it will be the intended result. One copy of Smash Bros. Ultimate became a Smash Bros. game with SCPs and SCP Personnel that also included the one SCP that should never ever be looked at and another copy of Smash Bros. Ultimate literally became a box of bright light streams.
My head hurts now...

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey, I found this while I was browsing Twitter:

Figured we could use this for a nice bit of "character per company" discussion.
I ain’t making an image but I’ll chime in.

Nintendo: Officer Howard, Isaac, and Chorus Kids. Yeah I am cheating a bit and doing 3 but it is Nintendo we are talking about here.
Bandai Namco: Lloyd Irving
Capcom: Mike Haggar
Sega: Dr Eggman
Atlus: Demi Fiend for now, but SMT V rep will probs take this spot for me.
Konami: Alucard
Microsoft: Master Chief
SNK: I guess Kyo, I like metal slug but I know at least one person who would be happy with Kyo
Square Enix: Neku
Platinum: Well I can’t do Officer Howard anymore...so I guess Wonder Red.
Ubisoft: Rayman
KT: Hayabusa
Bethesda: Doomguy
Activision: Crash
Arc Sys: Sol Badguy
Blizzard: Tracer
Sony: Kratos
Valve: Heavy
Indie: Reimu
Other: Adol Christin

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord

Nintendo: Bandana Dee
Bandai Namco: Klonoa
Capcom: Zero
Sega: Tails
Atlus: No
Konami: Bomberman
SNK: Marco from Metal Slug ig
Square Enix: Geno
Platinum: Wonder Red
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Bethesda: Doom Guy
Activision: Crash Bandicoot
Arc System Works: Kunio Kun ig
Blizzard: Diablo
Sony: Sackboy
Indie: Shovel Knight
Other: Red Angry Bird

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Nintendo: Agitha
Bandai Namco: Colette
Capcom: Arthur
Sega: Asha
Atlus: Don't know anyone from them.
Konami: Twinbee
SNK: Athena Asamiya
Square Enix: Those guys from Bubble Bobble count here right?
Platinum: Someone from Wonderful 101
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Activision: Crash Bandicoot
Arc System Works: Again, I don't really know anyone from them.
Sony: Abstain, never played any Sony games.
Indie: Shantae
Other: Otto Matic

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My head hurts now...
Get used to it regarding SCP. Especially 914's Experiment Entries.
The 6 stages of looking at SCP stuff*.
  1. Aw that's adorable.
  2. Huh, neat.
  3. Weird, but OK.
  4. Um, wut?
  5. Ew...
  6. Who needs sleep? I don't need sleep! YOU NEED SLEEP!
*Subjects may skip around these steps at any time.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Last night I had a weird dream that they announced they were remaking Path of Radiance, but it was in Super Smash Bros... like the reveal started with Ike in Smash beating people up, and then he turned around and said "Long time no see" and then suddenly it was an for a Path of Radiance remake.

Anyways on a completely different matter, does anyone know if FNAF is a thing in Japan? I'd love a Foxy or Freddy Mii Costume so bad, but I don't know if it's relevant there.

I.D.

Smash Lord

These templates are biased 90% of the time because they list or not list affiliates/subsidiaries without rhyme nor reason. Why is Platinum Atlus separate from Sega?

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Oh I love these!

Nintendo: Isaac
Namco: Lloyd Irving
Capcom: Chun-Li. Phoenix is a close second.
Sega: Kiryu
Atlus: Jack Frost. Aigis would be reeeeaaally cool though.
SNK: Haohmaru
Square Enix: Crono
Platinum: Wonder Red
KT: The ‘busa
Bethesda: Dragonborn
Activision: Spyro
ArcSys: Sol Badguy
Indie: Shovel Knight
Other: Scorpion

These templates are biased 90% of the time because they list or not list affiliates/subsidiaries without rhyme nor reason. Why is Platinum Atlus separate from Sega?
To be fair, Atlus being acquired by Sega is a relatively recent thing. They were around for long time before that. But I do see what you mean. They might as well separate Hudson from Konami, or Rare from Microsoft. Or heck, even Monolith from Nintendo.

Pillow

Smash Lord
So guys, what characters would you guys like to see in Smash, outside of being fully playable? (Assists/bosses/spirits)

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png

Bottom text.

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace

Well, here’s mine:
Nintendo: Rex
Namco: Lloyd
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Sega: Dr. Eggman
Atlus: I don’t know...
SNK: I don’t know...
Square Enix: Crono
Platinum: I don’t know...
Koei Tecmo: Hayabusa
Bethesda: Doom Slayer
Arc: I don’t know...
Blizzard: I don’t want any.
Sony: I don’t know...
Valve: The Heavy
Indie: Monika, but as a Mii Costume
Other: Jeremy Clarkson

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I was just musing, I doubt anything from the Foundation would be eligible for Smash.
Edit: By the way, speaking of SCP, if any of you are into horror games, the original SCP Containment Breach on PC is fantastic and worth a try. And it's free.
There. Now we can push SCP for Smash.
I guess It's time to push Lobotomy Corp here again.

I really recommend that game and its sequel. They're clearly heavily inspired by the SCP mythos, but the lore actually stands on its own feet and it's a real rabbit hole.

I have literally no hope for anything from that series making it to Smash, but as far as I'm concerned, it would basically be the closest thing we could get to having SCP Foundation stuff.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Nintendo - Elma
Bandai Namco - KOS-MOS
Capcom - Phoenix Wright
Sega - Arle Nadja
Atlus - Sumire Yoshizawa
Konami - Alucard
Microsoft - Ori
SNK - Nakoruru
Square Enix - Neku Sakuraba
Platinum - Akira Howard? Yes I know they’re owned by Nintendo
Ubisoft - Rayman
KT - Ryza
Bethesda - Dragonborn
Activision - Crash Bandicoot
ArcSys - Sol Badguy
Blizzard - Sombra
Sony - Kat
Valve - Scout “If you were from where I was from, you’d be ****ing dead!”
Indie - Reimu Hakurei
Other - Ahri

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So guys, what characters would you guys like to see in Smash, outside of being fully playable? (Assists/bosses/spirits)
  • Gen 8 pokemon (if they won't add one as DLC, then giving us some new Pokeballs for Gen 8 would be nice)
  • A True Boss Rush Mode (not limited to Sephiroth's Classic Mode Run)
  • Couple more Bosses added (Maybe get Rayquaza back as a Boss or Zygarde as a new one and Porky in his Mech if they're not going to add him in)
  • Bring 'Break the Targets' mode back
  • Add a 'new area' for World of Light that has the new Spirits that have been added through events and have it be the place you get the DLC from
  • Add a separate Online Tourney mode for Amiibo users (instead of having to specifically schedule one & invite people)
EDIT: Sorry; read it as 'what would you like to see in Smash overall' instead of just characters

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • Gen 8 pokemon (if they won't add one as DLC, then giving us some new Pokeballs for Gen 8 would be nice)
  • A True Boss Rush Mode (not limited to Sephiroth's Classic Mode Run)
  • Couple more Bosses added (Maybe get Rayquaza back as a Boss or Zygarde as a new one and Porky in his Mech if they're not going to add him in)
  • Bring 'Break the Targets' mode back
  • Add a 'new area' for World of Light that has the new Spirits that have been added through events and have it be the place you get the DLC from
  • Add a separate Online Tourney mode for Amiibo users (instead of having to specifically schedule one & invite people)
EDIT: Sorry; read it as 'what would you like to see in Smash overall' instead of just characters
While I’m at this:
  • The possession/fake fighter effect usable for anyone outside of WoL. Yes, even for Kirby and the DLCs
  • Very Hard mode for WoL, maybe even 2P?
  • Couple more ATs added (Oracle for P5, Aerith for FFVII, Gatekeeper for 3H HE DESERVES IT OK)

D

Deleted member

While I’m at this:
  • The possession/fake fighter effect usable for anyone outside of WoL. Yes, even for Kirby and the DLCs
  • Very Hard mode for WoL, maybe even 2P?
  • Couple more ATs added (Oracle for P5, Aerith for FFVII, Gatekeeper for 3H HE DESERVES IT OK)
Adding Assist trophies for DLC characters would be pretty cool. Can't get behind the gatekeeper meme though; it's just not funny to me (he's spirited about doing his job, so what?).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Last night I had a weird dream that they announced they were remaking Path of Radiance, but it was in Super Smash Bros... like the reveal started with Ike in Smash beating people up, and then he turned around and said "Long time no see" and then suddenly it was an for a Path of Radiance remake.

Anyways on a completely different matter, does anyone know if FNAF is a thing in Japan? I'd love a Foxy or Freddy Mii Costume so bad, but I don't know if it's relevant there.
I don't have the tweet on me, but yes, FNAF does have a presense in Japan, believe it or not. The tweet in question noted it had quite a bit in common with Undertale and Cuphead...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Agreed. And why is Blizzard and Activision two slots?
Also technically Bethesda should be with Microsoft now (although to be fair Bethesda developped a lot of games so I could see why they're separate).

Also it's so weird that Platinum games have their own slots when their only ip is Wonderful 101. There's really no other choice than Wonder red, what's the point of having it here.

Firox

Smash Master
So I see people every now and again pushing for Agumon to get into Smash. Why Agumon? Doesn't he only have like one attack canonically? Why not go big with something more badass like Wargreymon? He's not that much bigger than an adult human (especially considering how massive his other evolutions are) so I don't think it would be that hard to fit him onto a smash bros stage. Just curious.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
So I see people every now and again pushing for Agumon to get into Smash. Why Agumon? Doesn't he only have like one attack canonically? Why not go big with something more badass like Wargreymon? He's not that much bigger than an adult human (especially considering how massive his other evolutions are) so I don't think it would be that hard to fit him onto a smash bros stage. Just curious.
because he's the mascot. it's like if there were no pokemon in smash questioning why people are pushing for Pikachu

outside of characters with extreme outside (usually legal) factors, every character that deserves is already here.
how do you define who "deserves" to get in?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I ain’t making an image but I’ll chime in.

Nintendo: Officer Howard, Isaac, and Chorus Kids. Yeah I am cheating a bit and doing 3 but it is Nintendo we are talking about here.
Bandai Namco: Lloyd Irving
Capcom: Mike Haggar
Sega: Dr Eggman
Atlus: Demi Fiend for now, but SMT V rep will probs take this spot for me.
Konami: Alucard
SNK: I guess Kyo, I like metal slug but I know at least one person who would be happy with Kyo
Square Enix: Neku
Platinum: Well I can’t do Officer Howard anymore...so I guess Wonder Red.
KT: Hayabusa
Arc Sys: Sol Badguy
Indie: Reimu
Other: Adol Christin
Nintendo: Here, I'd either go for someone like Impa, or perhaps Saki Amamiya (I loved the S&P games lol)
Bandai Namco: Probably Heihachi, but I genuinely wouldn't mind someone like Dig Dug!
Capcom: Hmm... See, here I have a few ideas but the first one that comes to mind for me is Bass. New series - I'd probably say Phoenix Wright.
Sega: A difficult one, but I'd actually say Beat - with alts of Gum and in both the JSR and JSRF style. Like... just imagine the style and music
Atlus: The Jack Bros! Jack Frost and Jack Lantern working as a pair would be amazingggg - but in fairness, I'd also really like to see Aigis!
Konami: So, here, I'd probably say either Alucard or Grey Fox - though, I don't know which one I'd actually pick between the two.
Microsoft: So I know this is technically a Rare pick but I'd say Joanna Dark - lots of interesting potential.
SNK: I know a lot of people would say Kyo, but personally... my pick here would be Iori.
Square Enix: Unusual pick, but I'd either go for the Black Mage or Neku.
Platinum: Here, I'd love to see Wonder Red and integrate the W100 somehow into the moveset.
Ubisoft: Ezio Auditore. I feel like he'd just fit really well given his design and style.
KT: Ryu Hayabusa.
Bethesda: Doom Guy would be my primary pick, but an interesting one might well be the Vault Boy (from the Vault Boy series)
Activision: Probably either Spyro or Crash... not really sure which one.
Arc Sys: Sol Badguy would be really cool to me, but I also wouldn't be averse to Lynn from UNIB (especially for the music)
Blizzard: I'd probably say either Tracer or D.va.
Sony: It's kind of a tossup between Sackboy and Kratos (as hilarious as that sounds)
Valve: Chell, no question. I'd love to see how Chell and the portals she uses could be implemented.
Indie: Here I have a lot of ideas - like, for instance, Monika would be funny and interesting but somewhat stale, Quote, Shantae and Shovel Knight have a lot of potential and fans, but my personal choice would actually be the Goose.
Other: Gunvolt would be a really interesting pick to me, and if we were to go absolutely crazy then I would say Jotaro and DIO as echo fighters. (Obviously these aren't likely lol) A more realistic idea perhaps would be Eggman (though I'd much prefer Beat) or maybe even an unusual Sega pick like Ristar or Ryo Hazuki.

blackghost

Smash Champion
how do you define who "deserves" to get in?
the characters that are fundamental to Nintendo as a company and 3rd party characters that are massive in impact and success. the more justification a character needs the less "deserving" a character is. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be here but there is a MASSIVE difference between being mario, pikachu,
cloud, or ryu and being game and watch, shulk, and others.

some franchises like FE blur this line I set but for the most part, I think it works relatively well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nintendo: Here, I'd either go for someone like Impa, or perhaps Saki Amamiya (I loved the S&P games lol)
Bandai Namco: Probably Heihachi, but I genuinely wouldn't mind someone like Dig Dug!
Capcom: Hmm... See, here I have a few ideas but the first one that comes to mind for me is Bass. New series - I'd probably say Phoenix Wright.
Sega: A difficult one, but I'd actually say Beat - with alts of Gum and in both the JSR and JSRF style. Like... just imagine the style and music
Atlus: The Jack Bros! Jack Frost and Jack Lantern working as a pair would be amazingggg - but in fairness, I'd also really like to see Aigis!
Konami: So, here, I'd probably say either Alucard or Grey Fox - though, I don't know which one I'd actually pick between the two.
Microsoft: So I know this is technically a Rare pick but I'd say Joanna Dark - lots of interesting potential.
SNK: I know a lot of people would say Kyo, but personally... my pick here would be Iori.
Square Enix: Unusual pick, but I'd either go for the Black Mage or Neku.
Platinum: Here, I'd love to see Wonder Red and integrate the W100 somehow into the moveset.
Ubisoft: Ezio Auditore. I feel like he'd just fit really well given his design and style.
KT: Ryu Hayabusa.
Bethesda: Doom Guy would be my primary pick, but an interesting one might well be the Vault Boy (from the Vault Boy series)
Activision: Probably either Spyro or Crash... not really sure which one.
Arc Sys: Sol Badguy would be really cool to me, but I also wouldn't be averse to Lynn from UNIB (especially for the music)
Blizzard: I'd probably say either Tracer or D.va.
Sony: It's kind of a tossup between Sackboy and Kratos (as hilarious as that sounds)
Valve: Chell, no question. I'd love to see how Chell and the portals she uses could be implemented.
Indie: Here I have a lot of ideas - like, for instance, Monika would be funny and interesting but somewhat stale, Quote, Shantae and Shovel Knight have a lot of potential and fans, but my personal choice would actually be the Goose.
Other: Gunvolt would be a really interesting pick to me, and if we were to go absolutely crazy then I would say Jotaro and DIO as echo fighters. (Obviously these aren't likely lol) A more realistic idea perhaps would be Eggman (though I'd much prefer Beat) or maybe even an unusual Sega pick like Ristar or Ryo Hazuki.
I see Gunvolt, I like

isn’t Gunvolt technically indie tho

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
the characters that are fundamental to Nintendo as a company and 3rd party characters that are massive in impact and success. the more justification a character needs the less "deserving" a character is. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be here but there is a MASSIVE difference between being mario, pikachu,
cloud, or ryu and being game and watch, shulk, and others.

some franchises like FE blur this line I set but for the most part, I think it works relatively well.
If we're limiting ourselves to character as popular as Ryu and Cloud the roster would have stop at like 6 characters.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
A mix of A: Agumon being the mascot, and B: Being able to Digivolve into his higher levels, allowing them to be represented by extension.

blackghost

Smash Champion
If we're limiting ourselves to character as popular as Ryu and Cloud the roster would have stop at like 6 characters.
this was based on the whole "deserving" argument and approach. nothing more. if we are looking at which characters DESERVE to be in smash its not a long list.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
:ultmario::ultpikachu::ultryu::ultcloud::ultsteve::ultpacman::ultsonic:
Behold, the perfect roster, with no cringy characters casuals don't recognize.
I feel like you could add Link and Luigi

another problem with just adding characters casuals recognize is that some games often come and go. One wouldn't say Fortnite Jonesy is iconic but casuals would probably reconize him
this was based on the whole "deserving" argument and approach. nothing more. if we are looking at which characters DESERVE to be in smash its not a long list.
based on your defintition, maybe

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
another problem with just adding characters casuals recognize is that some games often come and go.
Also, Sakurai stating that characters should also be fun to play, not just recognizable. Something I feel has met the same fate as Sakurai saying the next Smash might be ten years away.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I feel like you could add Link and Luigi

another problem with just adding characters casuals recognize is that some games often come and go. One wouldn't say Fortnite Jonesy is iconic but casuals would probably recognize him

based on your definition, maybe
are you going to actually post a definition of iconic and deserving to be in smash to have a discussion or just insult my definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom