• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So I saw this being discussed somewhere else.

Let's play a game. You get to choose who the last 3 characters are, BUT they have to be assist trophy upgrades. Who do you pick?

I choose Isaac, Shovel Knight, and Bomberman.
Shadow the Hedgehog, Shovel Knight, and Alucard.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
It's nice seeing Shovel Knight be included in several of these assist promotion lists. He's a character that i think will eventually join the roster, no matter how far down the line that is. Still, being an assist trophy is pretty fitting for the indie cameo king.
And then the next character is:
Can't believe you're not based anymore.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm really torn on Kiryu. Because, like, I love the Yakuza series. But I feel like Kiryu is direct competition for Kunio.

Because he's BASICALLY just adult Kunio. Yakuza is pretty much just River City Ransom for grownups.

They're both games about a thug in a white outift, running around a Japanese town beating up other thugs, hitting people with junk, and then going into shops to eat.

It's nice seeing Shovel Knight be included in several of these assist promotion lists. He's a character that i think will eventually join the roster, no matter how far down the line that is.
To cement his status, he really needs to, ya know, COME OUT WITH A 2ND GODDAMN GAME!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Let's play a game. You get to choose who the last 3 characters are, BUT they have to be assist trophy upgrades. Who do you pick?

So they're going to come with full fighter packs, aren't they? In that case, I'd choose these three:

• Zero (comes with content primarily from X series in contrast with)
  • Akira Yuki (you don't even have to change his AT, his non-blocky look is distinct enough)
  • Bomberman
I'd also want to see Midna, Shadow, Spring Man etc. upgraded but they felt better suited to being base game additions.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If Shadow didn't get in, I'd be fine if it was Knuckles instead. I'd be disappointed because it's not Shadow, But Knuckles is also very cool. He rocks and he has flavor

I'd also be very cool with Silver, Metal Sonic, Mephiles, Infinite, Chaos 0, and Blaze. Eggman is alright but I'd wonder how they do him, and Tails would be the most disappointing

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
If Shadow didn't get in, I'd be fine if it was Knuckles instead. I'd be disappointed because it's not Shadow, But Knuckles is also very cool. He rocks and he has flavor

I'd also be very cool with Silver, Metal Sonic, Mephiles, Infinite, Chaos 0, and Blaze. Eggman is alright but I'd wonder how they do him, and Tails would be the most disappointing
A lot of people think Eggman would work by piloting his mech from SA2, kind of like a fatter version of Bowser Jr. It helps that the Eggmobile can store practically anything inside it, from a wrecking ball, a flamethrower, drills, and even external attachments.

7NATOR

Smash Master
A lot of people think Eggman would work by piloting his mech from SA2, kind of like a fatter version of Bowser Jr. It helps that the Eggmobile can store practically anything inside it, from a wrecking ball, a flamethrower, drills, and even external attachments.
You're not doing this, But since you mentioned Bowser Jr. It just reminded me to say this

That many times I've seen people Call Shadow "Just a Sonic echo" and in the same breath say that Eggman would be much more Unique, and that he'd play like Bowser Jr., which is very paradoxical and it does sometimes frustrate me

In any case, I think If they really wanted to add Eggman as Playable, I think they should probably Try to make the mech really big, since most of his Boss fights (especially the Iconic ones) are in very big mechs, and I think those mechs are really where Eggman Shines. He' probably also be a Heavyweight Zoner even more than what King dedede is, so it be crazy.

The SA2 Mech could work, but it makes Eggman seem more normal and kind of underpowered compared to how he should be. and Just the Egg Mobile might be similar in style to Bowser Jr. I think you really want Eggman to pull out all the stops if you put him in Smash

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You're not doing this, But since you mentioned Bowser Jr. It just reminded me to say this

That many times I've seen people Call Shadow "Just a Sonic echo" and in the same breath say that Eggman would be much more Unique, and that he'd play like Bowser Jr., which is very paradoxical and it does sometimes frustrate me

In any case, I think If they really wanted to add Eggman as Playable, I think they should probably Try to make the mech really big, since most of his Boss fights (especially the Iconic ones) are in very big mechs, and I think those mechs are really where Eggman Shines. He' probably also be a Heavyweight Zoner even more than what King dedede is, so it be crazy.

The SA2 Mech could work, but it makes Eggman seem more normal and kind of underpowered compared to how he should be. and Just the Egg Mobile might be similar in style to Bowser Jr. I think you really want Eggman to pull out all the stops if you put him in Smash
I always sort of saw Eggman riding a tiny version of either the Egg Breaker or Egg Emperor, truth be told. Maybe because Shadow is unironically one of my favorite Sonic games.
Speaking of which, I think Shadow is best suited to be more like Isabelle or Ken; based off of another character, but with a few tricks of their own, like the Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast... heck, I wouldn’t be against it if they threw a gun or two in there.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I pick Alucard, Samurai Goroh and Monty Python's Black Knight.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I think the extent of the comparison to Bowser Jr is just that they'd be characters piloting mechs/vehicles. Not that their movesets would resemble each other.

But Eggman would be unique. He couldn't feasibly be a clone of anyone. Shadow can be unique too, but he could also be a Sonic clone. And of the Sonic characters, him being made a clone is the most plausible. The arguments in that vein which he faces are in many ways the same sort that Dark Samus did.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
For what it's worth, the reason XC2 has an anime artstyle is because nobody liked the realistic artstyle of XC1 and XCX, so they decided to go with an artstyle that played into their strengths. Which just so happened to be anime. Maybe something similar can happen.
I'm pretty sure both XC1 and XCX had anime artstyles (Or at least XC1 was supposed to have them but the poor graphics on the Wii made it harder). That said XC2 is a lot more obvious.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Basically Cloud's limit combined with Wario's waft. Not what I would want Rex to do, but I could see it happening and haven't seen it mentioned.
"Wind is meant to be broken."

Look...I love Arthur. But shirtless Arthur doesn't dampen brows.
You could probably blame that on his lame choice of underwear, tbh. Though his is not quite as bad as Maximo's.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Shovel Knight, Shadow, Tingle :troll:

All joking aside, if Tingle doesn't count due to not being one in Ultimate, either Alucard or Zero could be the third

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
I am still predicting Rex & Pyra are coming March 11th. The week after... I’m expecting the Monster Hunter and/or Tales Mii Costumes.

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice

Isaac, Tiki, Midna
If we can count past ATs that aren't in Ultimate, replace Tiki with Ray Mk III.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Honestly same.

I started this speculation cycle liking Yuri and loving Lloyd but all the Lloyd bashing is starting to make me dislike Yuri.

I try not to make fans affect my love of a character but...

Gosh darn it, it hurts having one of your favorite games of all time constantly bashed purely to build up a game I find overrated.

It's actually turned me off of Velvet too and I was looking forward to playing that one.

It just feels like people can't talk about Tales anymore without bashing Lloyd and that really sucks the wind out of my sails.
I don't know I have barely seen people bashing Lloyd but maybe I'm wrong. So far what I saw was different opinions and perspectives about why Yuri could be a serious contender for Smash. Obviously in these cases biases play an important part and there's always people that don't know how to behave and will take advantage of these situations and start wars between fans of different characters, but luckily that's not the usual.

The biggest offensive point against Lloyd that I have seen around here is that "he's not really popular in the overall Tales community" or not really a "big fan request" or things like that, points I disagree with, by the way.

I guess for people who barely knows anything about Tales except Lloyd Yuri might seem like "people pushing this guy just for the sake to be contrarian and/or because they dislike Lloyd" but I don't think that's the case at all, besides a few exceptions. I see it more like people trying to show others that Yuri has his reasons to be the choice. I don't see it as "Yuri good Lloyd bad".

If we speak about their personalities and all, I prefer Yuri. But I also like Lloyd, he's a good guy. At the same time I probably enjoyed Symphonia a bit more than Vesperia, at least if we speak about the story and cast of characters. I felt more involved with Symphonia in that regard.
Music I'd say both are more or less equally good though I remember more tracks from Symphonia, and the combat is fun in both games but naturally more refined in Vesperia because it came out later.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
This Prediction March Will be Reveal Trailer!
There's a tiny part of me that believes you're a leaker hiding behind an Indonesian Internet persona, as to hide your real identity from the vicious Nintendo Ninjas.

So yes, please share some more insider information with us Mr. Truth! Will there finally be Shakedown: Hawaii representation in Smash?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Does it really? Cause one of those characters, ya know, is a hedgehog that looks like Sonic, that originally shared his moveset.

If you find it frustrating why some people might think that should be an Echo...I dunno what to tell you.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Shadow always struck me as being the Luigi to Sonic's Mario. Likely sharing elements for 1-2 special moves and some similarities with Smash attacks but also with clear divergence in their emphases otherwise.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly same.

I started this speculation cycle liking Yuri and loving Lloyd but all the Lloyd bashing is starting to make me dislike Yuri.

I try not to make fans affect my love of a character but...

Gosh darn it, it hurts having one of your favorite games of all time constantly bashed purely to build up a game I find overrated.

It's actually turned me off of Velvet too and I was looking forward to playing that one.

It just feels like people can't talk about Tales anymore without bashing Lloyd and that really sucks the wind out of my sails.
I barly see anyone bash lloyd. I just throw facts out about how popular Yuri is in Japan, not bashing him and Hope Yuri isnt pushed to the side by people when it come to talking about Tales. All I want is for is people to give him a freaking chance, damn. He has all the same rights to be talked about as Lloyd

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of the potential Sonic reps.

I'd like to get Eggman the most for two reasons.

More villains especially being he's one of the Big 4 of video games with Bowser, Ganondorf, and Sephiroth.
Another mech user.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a tiny part of me that believes you're a leaker hiding behind an Indonesian Internet persona, as to hide your real identity from the vicious Nintendo Ninjas.

So yes, please share some more insider information with us Mr. Truth! Will there finally be Shakedown: Hawaii representation in Smash?
No, you'll get Mr. Shakedown in Smash instead. When making that deal Sakurai was cited saying "Kazuma Kiryu more like Kazuma Kir-who lmao gotteem"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom