• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I'd like to thank the kind folks at Did You Know Gaming for telling me this game exists:

Seriously, if you like region-exclusive games, give these Region Locked videos a watch. Really informative.
I would suggest playing it on an Emulator (considering that the rights on the game are Weird its LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIght grey) There is a English Ntsc Rom (from Australia)

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If we got Tekken, why wouldn't it be Jin? Even though Heihachi is more recognizable, he's the antagonist (mostly) isn't he?
He’s the mascot character & has taken over the franchise recently. He’s also the only Tekken character to appear in Smash so far (the Mii costume & Pac-Man taunt), so it makes that he’d be the choice for a fighter.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I would suggest playing it on an Emulator (considering that the rights on the game are Weird its LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIght grey) There is a English Ntsc Rom (from Australia)
I would, but my laptop can't play anything to save a life. Not even Youtube works on it...

Oracle Link

Smash Master

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That's just him saying "No, Bandai-Namco won't get special treatment just for developing the game. They will be treated like any other third-party." It's not really changing anything.

You know what is important though?
1611162412608.png

We almost got Fat Chocobo on Midgar

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
That's just him saying "No, Bandai-Namco won't get special treatment just for developing the game. They will be treated like any other third-party." It's not really changing anything.

View attachment 299990
BRUH REALLY! I only noticed it when you pointed it out lmao! I would've gladly replaced a Fat Chocobo with a Fat Yoshi LMAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Man, SquareEnix REALLY needs to put out a Quintet Collection(containing Soul Blazer, Illusions of Gaia, Terranigma and then both ActRaisers).

No, you'll get Mr. Shakedown in Smash instead. When making that deal Sakurai was cited saying "Kazuma Kiryu more like Kazuma Kir-who lmao gotteem"
The only Yakuza content that is non-negotiable is a Majima AT, so Smash can have Majima Everywhere.

Does Mario really need to be hurt by someone again? Let's give the red plumber a little bit of a rest, ey?
Let Captain Falcon take the trailer hit this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 299990
I feel like Fat Chocobo would have essentially just been a Yellow Snorlax, because that's essentially what the summon did; plop down from the sky and land on you then disappear.

Unless we're talking about FF7 remake Fat Chocobo. That thing's a beast. He beat the s*** out of Sephiroth for me.

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Does Mario really need to be hurt by someone again? Let's give the red plumber a little bit of a rest, ey?
Don't sweat it! Mr. Wright will definitely get his aggressors in court! Maybe prove them guilty of some random murder while he's at it!

... either that, or Mario will end up as the murder victim...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
K but uhhhhh

you know Captain Falcon faced off against Robin and Lucina and didn’t break a sweat

what if the tables are turned on him for once?

I actually LIKE the Captain but come on it’s only fair

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
K but uhhhhh

you know Captain Falcon faced off against Robin and Lucina and didn’t break a sweat

what if the tables are turned on him for once?

I actually LIKE the Captain but come on it’s only fair
So we're suddenly forgetting that Captain Falcon was the only one getting knocked out during the More Fighters trailer?

On top of that, the world of light cutscene made him wimp out and hide in his Blue Falcon.

Captain Falcon has been humiliated enough.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
At the very least, I've seen a couple people brush Lloyd aside because "He has a Mii Costume and he has to come back" and then going for Yuri in their predictions, like the possibility of the Mii alone disqualifies Lloyd. To me, it actually feels like people are pushing Yuri harder than Lloyd, though the Mii might have something to do with that.
Yeah you might be right. Though I'd like to say that even if I personally don't think Lloyd is out of the running, I can see why someone would expect his costume to return without him as a playable character when Heihachi or Geno have suffered the same fate.

I see more Kiryu talk. 👀

Yakuza is such a dang great series. Like, for real: It has amazing characters, fantastic gameplay, and the best gosh dang soundtrack EVER. There's so much to gush about it.

That said, I dunno if I really see Kiryu happening, mainly due to competition with Arle and the overall likelihood of another Sega rep not being too likely in my eyes, but that ain't gonna stop me from hoping!

...IF it does happen...Can Majima be the rep we get? :nifty:
Sorry, but nope. We're getting Santa Saejima as our Yakuza rep.

I think a lot of those are valid points. But I don’t think fan requests starting in 2018 matters. It’s Crash MFing Bandicoot, one of the most legendary video game characters ever. He doesn’t need massive fan requests to justify his inclusion especially since Ryu, Cloud & Sephiroth (all on or around Crash’s level) didn’t.
Agreed. While it definitely helps, Crash doesn't really need fan demand to be picked. I could totally see Nintendo picking him without fan demand, knowing he's popular and that he's a character that overlaps a lot with Nintendo's audience.

If we got Tekken, why wouldn't it be Jin? Even though Heihachi is more recognizable, he's the antagonist (mostly) isn't he?
I always liked Jin more. Tekken has Jin and Kazuya as protagonists as well, not only Heihachi. But in Smash context, well, Sakurai added a Mii Costume for Heihachi, so naturally he will be the one to dominate the Tekken discussion. Plus, he probably is the most recognizable Mishima character. Even if it's just because his particular hairstyle and him being an angry old man lol

View attachment 299990
Are you saying we somehow missed the timeline where this beautiful thing is in Smash?

I'm devastated.

PD: Also now that you mention it... I never realized Shiva wasn't one of the Midgar summons. What the **** man I feel like dumb for not realizing before, how she isn't in Smash? She's one of the most popular and recurrent summons in the series.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah you might be right. Though I'd like to say that even if I personally don't think Lloyd is out of the running, I can see why someone would expect his costume to return without him as a playable character when Heihachi or Geno have suffered the same fate.

Sorry, but nope. We're getting Santa Saejima as our Yakuza rep.

Agreed. While it definitely helps, Crash doesn't really need fan demand to be picked. I could totally see Nintendo picking him without fan demand, knowing he's popular and that he's a character that overlaps a lot with Nintendo's audience.

I always liked Jin more. Tekken has Jin and Kazuya as protagonists as well, not only Heihachi. But in Smash context, well, Sakurai added a Mii Costume for Heihachi, so naturally he will be the one to dominate the Tekken discussion. Plus, he probably is the most recognizable Mishima character. Even if it's just because his particular hairstyle and him being an angry old man lol

Are you saying we somehow missed the timeline where this beautiful thing is in Smash?

I'm devastated.

PD: Also now that you mention it... I never realized Shiva wasn't one of the Midgar summons. What the **** man I feel like dumb for not realizing before, how she isn't in Smash? She's one of the most popular and recurrent summons in the series.
Probably cause Shiva is... well... glances at Mai

Ivander

Smash Legend
Aside from design and "Ice is still Water", maybe the issue was that Shiva's effect was too similar to another Summon? Like, is there anything notably different she could've given the stage? While Shiva could've gotten a slippery momentum effect, Leviathan also had a similar effect where the water messed with momentum.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
All I have to say is I personally don’t expect both the Monster Hunter costumes and Lloyd costume to not return. The way I see it it is either:
  • Monster Hunter costumes come back but Lloyd’s doesn’t
  • Lloyd’s costume comes back but the Monster Hunter costumes don’t
  • They all return.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
So, DFO is Fun. Out of ALL the Classes, which one do you think would be prioritized if we ever got a DFO Fighter in Smash? Discuss.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about MK music for a Scorpion reveal trailer (if he ever get in as a fighter). I used to think that the MK movie theme wouldn't be suitable for his reveal trailer (because it's a movie theme, duh), and then... Sephiroth get in with his AC theme, and it's also avaible in the game.

The irony is, the most iconic and recognizable MK song is not from a game.

Now i'm even more convinced. If Scorpion get in, this has to be his reveal trailer theme:

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about MK music for a Scorpion reveal trailer (if he ever get in as a fighter). I used to think that the MK movie theme wouldn't be suitable for his reveal trailer (because it's a movie theme, duh), and then... Sephiroth get in with his AC theme, and it's also avaible in the game.

Now i'm even more convinced. If Scorpion get in, this has to be his reveal trailer theme:

man, "Video unavailable" is such a great song.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It plays normally for me too... that may be cause I’m on mobile though

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, DFO is Fun. Out of ALL the Classes, which one do you think would be prioritized if we ever got a DFO Fighter in Smash? Discuss.
Which one I think it would be?
1611171628831.png
Male Slayer
and of Male Slayer, Berserker.
As a simple case of popularity and easily translatable game gimmicks.

Now for what I want?
1611171478428.png Ghostblade, the katana man with a doppelganger.
1611171539926.png Inquisitor, the pyromaniac greataxe wielder.
1611171572126.png Female Striker, buff punchgirl, literally just orange Tifa.

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
New of Super Mario 3d world + Bowser's Fury.For those who are interested.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

Yeah, that would be the MK track to go with such a reveal. It might be a good idea to "hide" the initial few seconds and sounds using environmental SFX - up until the "MORTAL KOMBAT" shout, where Scorpion or Sub Zero would be revealed. To keep those watching the initial reveal second guessing and make the reveal have that much more oophm, if you ask me. Especially given the sheer shock a MK rep would bring.

New of Super Mario 3d world + Bowser's Fury.For those who are interested.

Well, a lot of people did complain about the Captain Toad levels being too slow and only single player IIRC (or am I mistaken here?). That's one way to solve it, even if it trivializes the first few CT levels at least. Kudos regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom