• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I like the grass starters, they vibe with me the most out of the 3 choices in the games. I usually only pick the others if I play again after the first time through or in the rare case I really prefer a different option. That's my case on a fully evolved grass starter in smash

Tldr I just think grass starter pokemon are neat

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
rly wish they told us who was the top 10 or even 5 in the smash ballot (videogame chars)
sakurai literally told us why they didn't.

let's say you're (hypothetically) Ubisoft. It comes out Rayman did exxedingly well on the ballot. You now have to deal with hundreds of smash fans begging you to let Sakurai add him daily. After all, now we know Rayman was a winner.

kylexv

Smash Master
This week's tourney is...

Explosives!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Explosives!
Steve: Does this look like the face of mercy?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Explosives!
Wonder what tournament number that is

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Explosives!
well there goes the chances for king bob-omb innit

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Explosives!
Demoman_specialcompleted11.wav

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Explosives!
Good. Now wheres our Torgue spirit?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Explosives!
Welp, there goes that server

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So we still need a sword tournament... I'm betting it's after Sora drops. Kind of a braindead conclusion but yeah....swords and stuff.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think a nice compromise would've been announcing the ballot placements of added fighters ONLY. At least to gauge how popular they were.
Inb4 everyone gets into conspiracy theories about who the highest ranking fighter who didn't get in was. (For example if it turned out the top 5 placing fighters in the ballot were added to Ultimate, everyone would be going bananas about who was in 6th place. Even moreso if lower ranked characters did get in but not the higher ranked ones, like if the 8th place fighter got in and we knew them, but not the 7th place).

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Explosives!
Cool. I suppose they wanted to end on a BANG. :shiro:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Ivander

Smash Legend
What if they added that one Nintendo fighting game character (the pink robot guy) into Smash instead of Sora, imagine that lol
Sukapon - that would have been funny
Of course it would've been funny. Sukapon is a stand-up comedian and a natural at being funny.

I'm actually quite serious about that comedian bit. Sukapon was originally made to be an owarai/Japanese stand-up comedian robot, was re-programmed into a fighting robot to take on 7 military robots, then re-programmed back into an owarai comedy robot after saving the world.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Pic of the Day:

There are canon implications for Kirby being unable to wield a Keyblade but being able to wield the Mondado, Failnaught, and Ragnell and I think that's hilarious.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
There are canon implications for Kirby being unable to wield a Keyblade but being able to wield the Mondado, Failnaught, and Ragnell and I think that's hilarious.
ACKSHUALLY, the Ragnell isn't a weapon that chooses its wielder. It contains zero sentience and is merely a hunk of steel blessed by the goddess, granting it innate indestructability (and for some reason the power to shoot blade beams). Anyone can wield it should they have the power to do so, which is why the wielders of the holy blades are not at all related by blood, personality, ethics, beliefs, allegiances, or anything...

except power, and the willingness to take up arms.
Ike Style.png

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sakurai ran out of money probably to afford another Keychain. I can totally see Disney being that picky. lol

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Sakurai ran out of money probably to afford another Keychain. I can totally see Disney being that picky. lol
With the way Keyblades are being handed out like candies nowadays in the serie?
Nah.
It's just Sakurai being picky on detail and just following the KH 1 lore of it only being "one" keyblade of light

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
With the way Keyblades are being handed out like candies nowadays in the serie?
Nah.
It's just Sakurai being picky on detail and just following the KH 1 lore of it only being "one" keyblade of light
I mean in that case, there's no reason Kirby should be allowed to use the Monado or Aegis or... whatever else he wields.

99% sure it's a clause in the Sora contract that Disney allows only ONE Keyblade and it's FOR SORA, specifically on account of the Mickey Mouse Keychain, which isn't even present in Kirby's spectral version as an empty chain at all.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Funny since Mario was able to wield a keyblade in the trailer but Kirby couldn't. 🤔
It could be said that Mario wasn't able to properly wield it, however, so much as he was able to throw it and let it do its thing. Anyone can pick up a Keyblade, but to wield it's power is a whole other ability that Mario didn't display in the trailer.

If he'd been the one to unlock the doorway for Sora to enter Smash, then I'd say he could wield a Keyblade, but since he didn't (it was Keyblade itself that did), I'm more willing to say that he's unable to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom