• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Lemme just say this before the end comes: I'd rather not think about whether people will get angry at the last character or not. Legitimately speaking, I don't see what's so fun about expecting or wanting such thing.
I pray for Sakurai's social media accounts on Tuesday, because we all know that there will be an onslaught of salty people gunning for him no matter what happens.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And I just don't find any purpose for it. There's no desire for me to look into people disliking a character, especially when nobody knows which is going to be revealed, if they'll have valid points to disliking them or if they won't. There's simply no point in looking into that stuff when I can instead think about the character itself.
Ok, you don't have to. If you want to talk about a character instead, have at it. You can think about or talk about whatever you want.

But since I can't speak on the character, I'm going to speak on the general reaction. This will be my third time witnessing the fanbase witnessing the last character of a game, and watching the popular choices rise in discussion to preempt the finale brings me back to the last two times. I remember what happened then, and I'm expecting some variation once more. Hopefully not as bad, but we'll have to see.

You don't have to get on board with talking about it. But... it falls within the purview of the thread. Not talking about it has no bearing on how it'll play out. If I could make everyone happy with the final character by shutting up, I would. The most adverse reactions won't even be on this site, and I'm glad for it. That's part of why I'm here instead of there.

So I'm not celebrating the routine backlash, and if I'm displeased with a character I always try to voice my disappointment in a measured way, but I am noticing the pieces fall into place, and am just commenting as much. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong and the negativity will be minimal. Let's hope, right?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Apparently the smash bros banner has been updated hastily and they’ve accidentally left a bit of a big suspicious gap between terry and Marth. Dunno how true it is, just something I’ve heard from a few random people.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Apparently the smash bros banner has been updated hastily and they’ve accidentally left a bit of a big suspicious gap between terry and Marth. Dunno how true it is, just something I’ve heard from a few random people.
I'll take your word for it because let me tell you, I'm never analyzing that banner again.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Some people have mentioned how the last character will likely not be western appeal-based due t how the airing is inconvenient towards non-japanese viewers.

........wasn't Hero's reveal at E3? At 3am in Japan or something?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Don’t know if it means much for the last fighter. Just that I heard it from people and thought it was worth mentioning.

still personally think the last spot will go by daisy. You can’t convince me that she is randomly staring into space. I’m confident someone is next to her

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
My wallpaper has been the Smash banner for awhile now and it looks the same as it does on the site. I'm pretty sure the gap has always been there, not that the gaps mean much since stuff moves all the time.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
takes a look

Nope. There is no change from when Kazuya was added to what's on the official site now. There is a gap between Marth and Terry, but it's filled by Joker's legs. A character could go there, but it would kind of be at the expense at Joker's (and their own) visibility unless you were to also move Hero, Slime, and Min Min.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Some people have mentioned how the last character will likely not be western appeal-based due t how the airing is inconvenient towards non-japanese viewers.

........wasn't Hero's reveal at E3? At 3am in Japan or something?
They're airing it at the standard time, so people are misreading signals there. Since Terry, every Smash presentation has been at 7am/10am, other than the ones leading to or from something.

I miss analyzing misplaced green glitchy pixels.

I do not miss it.

The pixels are green the pixels are green the pixels are green the pixels are green

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Analyzing the banner is pointless, because we know very well by now that all characters were painted & placed on the banner individually to be moved whenever they are needed to. And it's not like spaces suddenly confirm anything; we know for a fact that only one more character is being added and no more.

This is going to be a long weekend...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Analyzing the banner is pointless, because we know very well by now that all characters were painted & placed on the banner individually to be moved whenever they are needed to. And it's not like spaces suddenly confirm anything; we know for a fact that only one more character is being added and no more.

I just wanted something to do...

Theguy123

Smash Lord
For those curious, I took a screenshot of the current gap:
View attachment 332463

Heres Kazuyas original banner for reference:
View attachment 332464
Looks about the same to me. False alarm it seems.
yeah guess it was. Was something I heard that was going round and when I did a quick check it look relatively the same but just a tad different. Tbf its 2:40 in the morning so my eyesight is meh. False alarm then I guess

PSIGuy

Smash Lord

Eh, there's a few empty spaces not unlike it. If someone has a comparison of what it was like before that might be meaningful.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

And even so, it tells us nothing of who the character would be, so it'd be a waste of our time even if stuff moved.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why would they even upload a version with a gap. Why would that even be on the docket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom