• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Ah yes, Steve. I wasn't actively rooting for him, but he still had a great reveal. Even if he only had seven songs, he still had three major greats - Halland, Glide, and Arch-Illager - And he brought some solid new additions to the gameplay, too. His stage had the unique tidbit of being able to select variations on the home screen - We need more of that - And despite his stiff, out-of-place blockiness - Which also has it's own charm, he carries this chaotic energy with him wherever he goes - He feels quite fluid. The walking jab quirk and fast attacks give him free movement in his offense, and the Minecart grab is just so stupid in the best way. Besides, Minecraft holds a lot of nostalgia points for me. All in all, I definitely approve of Steve.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Why would they even upload a version with a gap. Why would that even be on the docket.
Why would there even be a version of that art with a suspicious gap anyway?

Yeah, every character is a different layer, so it's easy to move stuff around. That is true.

But why would Nintendo commission a version with a suspiciously missing hole? That makes no sense.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It feels weird seeing people describe anywhere on that banner as empty space when there’s 80 something characters packed together on it.
A true sign of how spoiled the community is.

Guys the banner’s been changed!!

Do you think they’re getting to reveal a new character?
But we're two months away from the Game Awards. That sounds way too early :4pacman:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The Smash community right now are sharks swimming towards a pool of blood leaking from somewhere and have no idea where it comes from, whether it be an human or an animal.
That's because the last character is a shark,
that's right gawr gura
Garchomp
garchomp dawn.png

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Amusing how many desperate Sora fanboys want to cling to the idea he's getting in Smash based on some fake leak that may have even been faked by Nintendo themselves. Sora is virtually an impossibility in my eyes, as if the sheer licensing costs for Sora wouldn't be enough of a hurdle to get in, the clash between Disney's stubbornness and Sakurai's stubbornness on top of that absolutely would be.

And now some individuals are speculating about empty banner spaces that may or may not have shuffled around. Theguy123 Theguy123 strikes again.

Meanwhile on a more credible "things that make you go HMMMMMM....." front:

(The :ultbowserjr: avatar fits like a glove.)

the minimalist corporate logo trend needs to go I swear

like imagine Sega or Capcom or Square Enix changing their logo in a way that takes away their identity
When it comes to this from of cultural vandalism I have to wonder what the admixture is between pretentious hipster hacks overcharging their services and corporate suits and bean counters taking being as inoffensive as possible to the ultimate extreme.

Some people are speculating that KuSony is strongarming them into completely adopting their own content policies from the corporate level down. I don't doubt it. Looks like SSBU wrapped up just in time.

Some AT-AT

Smash Apprentice
At least, I'm just glad I did not believe any of it.
Again, assume all leaks are fake and none are true.
Hope for your most wanter.
But never expect it.

Best case scenario
True, only two leaks from 4chan where true anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm betting the last fighter will originate from a videogame :4pacman:

I'm gonna look like an idiot if we end up getting Goku, aren't I?
At least your name fits the joke.

Just a few days to go. Should be an interesting finish. I'm just hoping we have an Alex amiibo too, not just Steve.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
THANK GOD, it's fake! Everyone, rejoice!
It being fake doesn't mean Sora won't be the last character anyway.

Again, assume all leaks are fake and none are true.
And you'll never be wrong.

Analyzing the banner is pointless, because we know very well by now that all characters were painted & placed on the banner individually to be moved whenever they are needed to.
Indeed. You can see it in action:

Why would there even be a version of that art with a suspicious gap anyway?
Because when they reveal a new character, the banner starts out with the new gap, before it drops the new character into it. See above video.

Why would they even upload a version with a gap. Why would that even be on the docket.

Last edited:

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
So, is the Sora leak proven to be fake or do we still not know for sure?

People on Twitter can claim anything, and it seems a lot of people are nitpicking even the tiniest reason to diminish any potential validity.

Also, to my knowledge the Nick game’s release date was only ever leaked to have a Fall release, never a concrete date until recently. I have been following that game pretty hard too as I’m an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

People on Twitter can claim anything, and it seems a lot of people are nitpicking even the tiniest reason to diminish any potential validity.

Also, to my knowledge the Nick game’s release date was only ever leaked to have a Fall release, never a concrete date until recently. I have been following that game pretty hard too as I’m an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan.
Yeah, the claim is faulty. We have no real evidence that the two people claiming the post are for real.

All it got was a somewhat believable story and the right date. Nothing more. Grain of salt and all that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Some retailers have said October 5th before the game was even announced, actually.

EDIT: Found an example from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...lodeon_all_star_brawl_listed_on_gamefly_with/ but looking up the game's name from dates before the official reveal gives you a few articles of it being leaked with an October 5th release

EDIT 2: Better example https://www.thegamer.com/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-listing/

I'm not trying to prove the Sora leak right, just that there is some logic to the reasoning of the person who claimed to have done it... assuming the claims are true, that is.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
No leaks, no 4chan posts, no tweets, only pain. Full throttle trench torture.
I don't want to even bother dissecting this extended universe of a leak.

Last edited:

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the claim is faulty. We have no real evidence that the two people claiming the post are for real.

All it got was a somewhat believable story and the right date. Nothing more. Grain of salt and all that.
I just know there’s a lot of “pick me”’s that surround Smash speculation in regards to potential leaks, and that in the past there have been instances of people claiming to be the originator of a “leak” and the claim ends up being false.

It just seem like anytime Sora is brought up here, he immediately gets copious amounts of unnecessary flack for people ever even thinking he should be in the game. Then comes the flood of fan rules.

The people that claim Sora can’t get in because is he considered a Square Enix rep are the same people that clamor for Master Chief.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I just know there’s a lot of “pick me”’s that surround Smash speculation in regards to potential leaks, and that in the past there have been instances of people claiming to be the originator of a “leak” and the claim ends up being false.

It just seem like anytime Sora is brought up here, he immediately gets copious amounts of unnecessary flack for people ever even thinking he should be in the game. Then comes the flood of fan rules.

The people that claim Sora can’t get in because is he considered a Square Enix rep are the same people that clamor for Master Chief.
The fact that third-parties are only allowed one spot is kind of a silly rule anyway.

Like, why not hit up a company multiple times for characters?

I get it hasn't happened yet, but considering it's good business to do partnerships with companies you get along with, it's kind of a backwards thing so say things like "Square got a rep, so they can **** off now"

Last edited:

Stepheon

Smash Apprentice
The fact that third-parties are only allowed one spot is kind of a silly rule anyway.

I get it hasn't happened yet, but considering it's good business to do partnerships with companies you get along with, it's kind of a backwards thing so say things like "Square got a rep, so they can **** off now"
That’s what I’m getting at! Some of these fans rules just baffle me. I get that it’s just people trying to find comfort in past patterns and other such things, but it’s like c’mon now. None of us have any sort of concrete knowledge behind the inner workings of the development of this game.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thinking about how we're creeping up on the 3 year anniversary of this
Thinking about how we STILL don't know who did it.

That’s what I’m getting at! Some of these fans rules just baffle me. I get that it’s just people trying to find comfort in past patterns and other such things, but it’s like c’mon now. None of us have any sort of concrete knowledge behind the inner workings of the development of this game.
I know, right?

Oh, by the way, I see this is your first day here, so welcome to Smashboards. Try not to lose your sanity too much. :4pacman:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
How would people react if the last Mii costume wave was just filled to the brim with all those major characters that people want to be added to the game in some form? Not talking likelihood of course but just gut reactions. Just to throw 4 out there who I also think fit mii costumes quite well proportion wise at least, these can be rated individually or combined and as regular or deluxe, again, not talking likelihood btw: Crash, Phoenix, Chief and Sora.

Probably would be a mixed bag in terms of opinions but would like to hear peoples thoughts even if it isn't likely.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How would people react if the last Mii costume wave was just filled to the brim with all those major characters that people want to be added to the game in some form? Not talking likelihood of course but just gut reactions. Just to throw 4 out there who I also think fit mii costumes quite well proportion wise at least, these can be rated individually or combined and as regular or deluxe, again, not talking likelihood btw: Crash, Phoenix, Chief and Sora.

Probably would be a mixed bag in terms of opinions but would like to hear peoples thoughts even if it isn't likely.
It would be carnage, it would be madness, I'd share some popcorn to all agents of chaos who enjoy watching the world burn...

It'd be a grand ol' time for me :4pacman:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

At that point we already know who the last fighter is. What's there to lose? I'd say lay it on me.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Per pass is what people mean here. Microsoft and Square Enix had a go-around in both (notably they got one from Square and one from Enix), that was the decision and deal made. In fact if you exclude Mojang, no new companies have been added to Pass 2 while Pass 1 gave us Atlus, Microsoft, and SNK. I'm very much thinking that SEGA is last (said this a few times now and you'll keep hearing it until judgment day), as I don't see why Square Enix or Microsoft would go again in Pass 2. The "Sora is owned by Disney" and "Microsoft is big and Master Chief is really big" arguments are flimsy, it doesn't make sense from a business perspective on Nintendo's end to push one significantly more than others; they want variety.

Mii Costumes are only meant as a good thing, people just take them the wrong way. I am very much expecting this last wave to contain more popular picks which will incite the usual circus of overly dramatic folks. Such is life.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Per pass is what people mean here. Microsoft and Square Enix had a go-around in both (notably they got one from Square and one from Enix), that was the decision and deal made. In fact if you exclude Mojang, no new companies have been added to Pass 2 while Pass 1 gave us Atlus, Microsoft, and SNK. I'm very much thinking that SEGA is last (said this a few times now and you'll keep hearing it until judgment day), as I don't see why Square Enix or Microsoft would go again in Pass 2. The "Sora is owned by Disney" and "Microsoft is big and Master Chief is really big" arguments are flimsy, it doesn't make sense from a business perspective on Nintendo's end to push one significantly more than others; they want variety.
I get the variety argument.

I just don't get why people don't realize that companies can have diversity in their IPs that would justify a double dip.

You can't say Minecraft and Halo are even remotely similar, yet both are owned by Microsoft.

I feel like "companies get one per pass" is just gatekeeping logic to try and limit options/reduce madness... and it failed because we still talk about them :4pacman:

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Mii Costumes are only meant as a good thing, people just take them the wrong way. I am very much expecting this last wave to contain more popular picks which will incite the usual circus of overly dramatic folks. Such is life.
Yeah, I'm definitely part of the more the better but I think the contrary would be sizable enough that it's worth asking people's views. Having representation for such huge series' would be a plus in my book but some people may have some view we haven't really considered before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom