• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
4 more days...

In 3 days, everyone's gonna be sweatin' thinking about the following day.

I know damn well I'm probably gonna be staying up for that presentation, because as soon as I wake up, it'll be EVERYWHERE, even on the thumbnail of the video itself.
I'll likely wake up early that day, right before the presentation and watch it with breakfast or something. I have class later that day, and would wake up the hour after anyways.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Something that might have slipped through the cracks in all of this, with Bluetooth Audio support being added to Switch, Smash Bros and it's DLC will collectively be the best gaming music album of the ages.

Wonder how many songs will be in the final batch and if there'll be one more indie bringing their pipes.
Please be a swordfighter so the trinity would be complete

even though we have two gunners, but also one brawler. One swordfighter would make it KIND OF even out?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I've advocated for characters with larger fan bases and those with smaller fan bases. If I had to pick which is more enjoyable I'd say the smaller one. You aren't so wildly popular that you draw the ire of randoms, and you also aren't so widely popular your own fanbase goes "oh woah is me everyone is so mean to us" and you can just chill, knowing it probably won't happen, but if it did it'd be amazing.
Can confirm, you’ve probably seen me gush over my MW despite how minor her franchise is, and I’m practically A-OK with whoever closes out this whole ride.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I also somehow managed to get the Dread special edition. I have barely seen it back in stock since the first round

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Meanwhile I have to wait ****in forever as I have the collector's edition. Yay me
I'm sure there are tons of people who would love to be in your position of having to wait longer but get the collector's edition. It has been scalped to hell and back.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I guess I missed majority of Steve Discussion, but I do that here along with whatever is going on
--------------------

With Regards to the Trailer, I didn't know it was Steve until he showed up. I didn't pop off for Steve himself, However I did pop off for Enderman since that's the Closet thing we going to get to a Creepypasta being playable in the game. Sonic Punching Mario into Minecraft was a really fun Meme/Joke, and Mario's Face looking at Steve was really expressive. Yes

When it comes to Steve Himself, I'm not too much into Minecraft. I did think we'd get some sort of Minecraft content, but wasn't think Steve himself would be playable, mostly due to complications of how to Implement him, but it's the biggest game in the World and it's gotten many Requests, so it should get something in the game

The stage is Okay, if a little less Crazy than what I was expecting with a Minecraft stage, but the Stages added in Smash Ultimate have been really toned down compared to Previous games. The Music though is the Ultimate example of Quality over Quality. There's only 7 Songs, but all the Songs are Very, VERY good

I messed around with Enderman after they released, but then figured out they are not for me. I think there are just too many Complications with them when playing as them.

When it comes to Fighting against them and other aspects of the character, I think they have some of my Favorite Animations in the game. I really like that they just ported the Minecraft models and Animations to Smash instead of trying to mold Minecraft in Smash's Style. Their Tumble Animation is definitely my favorite in the game and is pretty funny. For Fighting them, It's pretty hectic and kind of Scary, but I do like fighting against them because there's just always interesting things going on and like I said, they have some really good animations

---------------------------------

When it Comes to Geno, I think he is a character that fits Perfectly into Smash Bros, but doesn't have the Merits to actually get in there as a Playable character

He's a Literal Doll coming to Life. That was, and probably still is the Concept of the Smash Series as a whole, dating back to Smash 64. He has Cool Moves and Mechanics, he has his Serious Moments, but also some of his Quirky Moments, and He's definitely made quite an Impact on People.

His only one Real Appearance in SMRPG, along with being owned by Square, kills him at the end. I don't even think Square is the major issue since Geno has had Mii Costume and Spirit. I think it helps because Square probably is gonna want a Cut of Playable Geno, though I wonder if they care about being heavily involved in the process of Development with a character like Geno.

I really think if SMRPG came back in some way, and is shown to be a success with Modern Audiences, we can take Geno in Smash much more seriously. I think the fact that he was, and even still is being taken seriously despite all the things going against him is one of the most impressive things in Smash Speculation. Hopefully that SMRPG Remake Rumor comes back again to fruition

-------------------------------------------
Not that I think Nahobino is the last fighter, but
Snippet of an SMTV interview

People have used "SMTV isn't out yet" as an argument against Nahobino, but I think that changes if Nintendo and Atlus originally assumed it would release smoothly in 2020 when they were finalizing details for Fighter Pass 2. A 2020 release would've given Sakurai plenty of time to play it and work on a character meant for release by the end of 2021. It's a similar scenario to Three Houses, which went from 2018 to 2019.

So I guess the topic I want to raise here is, how would a game intended for Smash promotion being delayed affect the fighter pack?
If you want to Take Imran's Speculation seriously, I do remember he said that Byleth might have been a Base game character if Three Houses gotten Delayed. The game was supposed to come out in 2018 I believe, but got pushed to 2019. I think it would have been harder to Represent Byleth in the base game though because there was Development on the entirety of the game to go along with it, unlike with DLC which is focused on the DLC Characters

In regards to Nahobino, I Imagine in this case, Nahobino whether SMTV was delayed or not would have been in FP2 if he was hypothetically one of the chosen characters. I think even if the game was undelayed, Nahobino might have been among the Last character also just because of how these Promotion characters work

I think the main thing that's gonna change is instead of putting in a Character from a Very Recent game that people have played, we've now come to putting in a character from an Upcoming game, people haven't played yet, as DLC. It's up to Nintendo if that Idea would work for them

The thing about Nahobino is that I Imagine his Gimmick would be the Demon Summoning, and that's a gimmick all the MC's of SMT have had, and I Imagine the actual Demons themselves were gonna be ones that are constant in the Series (something like Jack Frost). So I don't think Sakurai has to necessarily play the game to figure out that portion of the moveset.

And Smash alot of the times gives Characters attacks they don't normally use in their home game (mostly seen with Normal Attacks), with Joker being an example as he doesn't use the Knife as much in Persona 5 as he does here. I think the fact Nahobino has a Laser Sword might be all Sakurai needs to know to be able to Create the character

I think the main thing that's gonna suffer in the Process is perhaps the Personality angle, as that factors in how to represent characters in Smash in terms of Animations, Taunts, how they actually Attack, etc. 2019/2020 SMTV might have been far enough in development for the Personality to be visible, if the Design of Nahobino was made in 2016.

So I think for Nahobino, the main thing that's gonna change is pretty much the whole mission of the character. Instead of representing a Game that had just come out very recently and people are playing now, you're enow representing a character from an Upcoming game at the time of Release.

Personally I would really dislike the idea of Nahobino especially at this point, not even because of the character themselves (because they look pretty cool in actuality), but just because of what they stand for, and also because of who My Most wanted is, but I'm gonna remain unbiased here. Due to the Design being made in 2016, that does make the idea of Nahobino being in the game more likely, since Nintendo announced the game in 2017, when Nahobino's Design had been made. I think ultimately for Nahobino to get into Smash, it's gonna come down to these things

-Did Nintendo want another Character that comes from a game "People would be playing now"?
-Is SMT worthy of being a Game to be given this distinction? Is it worth the trouble?
-Would Atlus/Sega play along with the idea?
-Due to the Delay, is Nintendo willing to stick with the character in spite of the change of what this character is gonna represent, or has the Delay now made things too risky

I think for me, I can see all of these factors being in favor of SMT getting in, but also not.

Nintendo might have only been focused on making sure Steve and Kazuya get into the game, since those were the 2 characters that Nintendo were really rallying behind, and would fit with Sakurai's words of "1 or 2 Extra fighters intially". Perhaps when the full Pass was greenlit, they might have wanted to put in a Recent character, but perhaps since Smash would be 3 year old game at this point when FP2 finishes, perhaps it too Risky

I can Imagine Atlus Playing along with the Idea. I could also See Sega playing along, but I also Imagine they have Sonic on their mind, since 2021 is the 30th Anniversary

I also think Nintendo might be willing to change course in Direction due to the delay, if they were down with Nahobino in Smash

Really the main thing that I think is the biggest factor against Nahobino is whether Nintendo would think it's Worth it. I'm not exactly the most sure

The thing to consider is that it's Persona 5 might not have been the most prioritized on Nintendo's List of DLC Characters like something like Dragon Quest. Three Houses, Minecraft, and Tekken were, since all those 4 franchises had Nintendo listed as a very major factor into their inclusion. Shin Megami is more niche than Persona

There's also the thing to consider is that Not only is Shin Megami Tensi a 3rd party franchise, which would likely requires Licensing fees and such, but that it doesn't actually seem Nintendo has a major hand in the development in the game. I believe they are publishing the game in certain regions, but it doesn't seem like they have much of a major hand in that. This is a case Similiar to Daemon X Machina (which just received spirits) rather than something like Bayonetta. So It's not like Nintendo is Directly benefitting if the game Sells or Flops

Speaking of Bayonetta, the thing to consider is that Bayonetta never got into Smash to Promote her games and such. I'm not even gonna factor in the Ballot because Bayonetta was chosen before the Ballot was even a thing, but she was most likely chosen/Greenlit AFTER Bayonetta 2 had gotten the Critical reception and Sales that it did, along with the Fan reception to Bayonetta as a Game, Franchise, and Character. Bayonetta wasn't put in under the Promotion angle, and this is a game that was directly funded by Nintendo

I just don't know if Nintendo is looking at Shin Megami Tensi V in that sort of way. I just think with those factors into play, that despite the idea of Nahobino being more reasonable knowing the his Design was made in 2016, I don't think it's what it's gonna be.

I think a way to look at it is through a Character like Rex/Pyra/Mythra. Their designs were made somewhere in 2014, but it took until 2021 for any Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character to be added in, because Nintendo did not see them in a Promotion light. Sakurai and Nintendo waited till after Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a Proven Successful game to add in Pyra/Mythra, because before then Xenoblade as a franchise had been more Niche (it still is kind of niche, but it was nicher back then). Xenoblade couldn't get the Pokemon or Fire Emblem treatment, and this is a 1st party franchise we're talking about, not a 3rd party like SMT is

I think Nahobino, in order for him to get in, is gonna rely on SMTV being a proven successful game, but it's impossible for that to happen during FP2's choosing of Characters, and even it's Lifetime, So I do not think Nahobino will be getting into the game as a Playable character.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
as Steve comes from the highest-selling game of all time (excluding mobile games).
Dude I had to look this up once I read this, wtf

Highest Grossing mobile game of all time is Arena of Valor - $11B DOLLARS DUDE
Even Clash of Clans made more than Minecraft.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

AoV… aka the game whose level designs are eerily similar to LoL

and tries to use DC characters as a selling point

I didn’t like it very much

also I’m surprised Genshin Impact isn’t up there as one of the biggest mobile earners

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Yeah normally selling games ain't got nuthin' on predatory psychological tactics of mobile gaming.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
AoV… aka the game whose level designs are eerily similar to LoL

and tries to use DC characters as a selling point

I didn’t like it very much

also I’m surprised Genshin Impact isn’t up there as one of the biggest mobile earners
I never played it so 🤷‍♂️

This list is crazy

The best selling mobile game that sold less than Minecraft is Animal Crossing Pocket Camp LOL and that's number 67 on the list 0_o

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Talking Geno, huh? While I was highly supportive of him, I noticed other supporters were acting too certain and overconfident, and thought he was much more than likely to get in. I wasn't so sure, and turns out I was right. I wasn't expecting Sephiroth, but the other Geno fans were just, well, you know.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So wait
If he got in smash

Would he be bigger than Steve?
probably. Can’t go anywhere without seeing a darn clash of clans add or clash royal add being advertised.

Would rather see the king though as I’m pretty sure he’s voiced by Mike pollard which would be the closet we’d probably ever get to getting dr eggman in smash

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
probably. Can’t go anywhere without seeing a darn clash of clans add or clash royal add being advertised.
I played The Simpsons Tapped Out a lot in middle school and early high school, which actually had a special event literally titled “Clash of Clones.” So yeah, it used to be pretty big, can’t say for sure today what with all the garbage (and blatantly fake ads) on the app store.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Would rather see the king though as I’m pretty sure he’s voiced by Mike pollard which would be the closet we’d probably ever get to getting dr eggman in smash
The King could work

He stands in the background like Pokemon Trainer while elixir builds up during battle, and you could cast a different character to play as for a particular period of time, e.g. Wizard if you have 5 drops, Giant if you have 4

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I guess I missed majority of Steve Discussion, but I do that here along with whatever is going on
--------------------

With Regards to the Trailer, I didn't know it was Steve until he showed up. I didn't pop off for Steve himself, However I did pop off for Enderman since that's the Closet thing we going to get to a Creepypasta being playable in the game. Sonic Punching Mario into Minecraft was a really fun Meme/Joke, and Mario's Face looking at Steve was really expressive. Yes

When it comes to Steve Himself, I'm not too much into Minecraft. I did think we'd get some sort of Minecraft content, but wasn't think Steve himself would be playable, mostly due to complications of how to Implement him, but it's the biggest game in the World and it's gotten many Requests, so it should get something in the game

The stage is Okay, if a little less Crazy than what I was expecting with a Minecraft stage, but the Stages added in Smash Ultimate have been really toned down compared to Previous games. The Music though is the Ultimate example of Quality over Quality. There's only 7 Songs, but all the Songs are Very, VERY good

I messed around with Enderman after they released, but then figured out they are not for me. I think there are just too many Complications with them when playing as them.

When it comes to Fighting against them and other aspects of the character, I think they have some of my Favorite Animations in the game. I really like that they just ported the Minecraft models and Animations to Smash instead of trying to mold Minecraft in Smash's Style. Their Tumble Animation is definitely my favorite in the game and is pretty funny. For Fighting them, It's pretty hectic and kind of Scary, but I do like fighting against them because there's just always interesting things going on and like I said, they have some really good animations

---------------------------------

When it Comes to Geno, I think he is a character that fits Perfectly into Smash Bros, but doesn't have the Merits to actually get in there as a Playable character

He's a Literal Doll coming to Life. That was, and probably still is the Concept of the Smash Series as a whole, dating back to Smash 64. He has Cool Moves and Mechanics, he has his Serious Moments, but also some of his Quirky Moments, and He's definitely made quite an Impact on People.

His only one Real Appearance in SMRPG, along with being owned by Square, kills him at the end. I don't even think Square is the major issue since Geno has had Mii Costume and Spirit. I think it helps because Square probably is gonna want a Cut of Playable Geno, though I wonder if they care about being heavily involved in the process of Development with a character like Geno.

I really think if SMRPG came back in some way, and is shown to be a success with Modern Audiences, we can take Geno in Smash much more seriously. I think the fact that he was, and even still is being taken seriously despite all the things going against him is one of the most impressive things in Smash Speculation. Hopefully that SMRPG Remake Rumor comes back again to fruition

-------------------------------------------

If you want to Take Imran's Speculation seriously, I do remember he said that Byleth might have been a Base game character if Three Houses gotten Delayed. The game was supposed to come out in 2018 I believe, but got pushed to 2019. I think it would have been harder to Represent Byleth in the base game though because there was Development on the entirety of the game to go along with it, unlike with DLC which is focused on the DLC Characters

In regards to Nahobino, I Imagine in this case, Nahobino whether SMTV was delayed or not would have been in FP2 if he was hypothetically one of the chosen characters. I think even if the game was undelayed, Nahobino might have been among the Last character also just because of how these Promotion characters work

I think the main thing that's gonna change is instead of putting in a Character from a Very Recent game that people have played, we've now come to putting in a character from an Upcoming game, people haven't played yet, as DLC. It's up to Nintendo if that Idea would work for them

The thing about Nahobino is that I Imagine his Gimmick would be the Demon Summoning, and that's a gimmick all the MC's of SMT have had, and I Imagine the actual Demons themselves were gonna be ones that are constant in the Series (something like Jack Frost). So I don't think Sakurai has to necessarily play the game to figure out that portion of the moveset.

And Smash alot of the times gives Characters attacks they don't normally use in their home game (mostly seen with Normal Attacks), with Joker being an example as he doesn't use the Knife as much in Persona 5 as he does here. I think the fact Nahobino has a Laser Sword might be all Sakurai needs to know to be able to Create the character

I think the main thing that's gonna suffer in the Process is perhaps the Personality angle, as that factors in how to represent characters in Smash in terms of Animations, Taunts, how they actually Attack, etc. 2019/2020 SMTV might have been far enough in development for the Personality to be visible, if the Design of Nahobino was made in 2016.

So I think for Nahobino, the main thing that's gonna change is pretty much the whole mission of the character. Instead of representing a Game that had just come out very recently and people are playing now, you're enow representing a character from an Upcoming game at the time of Release.

Personally I would really dislike the idea of Nahobino especially at this point, not even because of the character themselves (because they look pretty cool in actuality), but just because of what they stand for, and also because of who My Most wanted is, but I'm gonna remain unbiased here. Due to the Design being made in 2016, that does make the idea of Nahobino being in the game more likely, since Nintendo announced the game in 2017, when Nahobino's Design had been made. I think ultimately for Nahobino to get into Smash, it's gonna come down to these things

-Did Nintendo want another Character that comes from a game "People would be playing now"?
-Is SMT worthy of being a Game to be given this distinction? Is it worth the trouble?
-Would Atlus/Sega play along with the idea?
-Due to the Delay, is Nintendo willing to stick with the character in spite of the change of what this character is gonna represent, or has the Delay now made things too risky

I think for me, I can see all of these factors being in favor of SMT getting in, but also not.

Nintendo might have only been focused on making sure Steve and Kazuya get into the game, since those were the 2 characters that Nintendo were really rallying behind, and would fit with Sakurai's words of "1 or 2 Extra fighters intially". Perhaps when the full Pass was greenlit, they might have wanted to put in a Recent character, but perhaps since Smash would be 3 year old game at this point when FP2 finishes, perhaps it too Risky

I can Imagine Atlus Playing along with the Idea. I could also See Sega playing along, but I also Imagine they have Sonic on their mind, since 2021 is the 30th Anniversary

I also think Nintendo might be willing to change course in Direction due to the delay, if they were down with Nahobino in Smash

Really the main thing that I think is the biggest factor against Nahobino is whether Nintendo would think it's Worth it. I'm not exactly the most sure

The thing to consider is that it's Persona 5 might not have been the most prioritized on Nintendo's List of DLC Characters like something like Dragon Quest. Three Houses, Minecraft, and Tekken were, since all those 4 franchises had Nintendo listed as a very major factor into their inclusion. Shin Megami is more niche than Persona

There's also the thing to consider is that Not only is Shin Megami Tensi a 3rd party franchise, which would likely requires Licensing fees and such, but that it doesn't actually seem Nintendo has a major hand in the development in the game. I believe they are publishing the game in certain regions, but it doesn't seem like they have much of a major hand in that. This is a case Similiar to Daemon X Machina (which just received spirits) rather than something like Bayonetta. So It's not like Nintendo is Directly benefitting if the game Sells or Flops

Speaking of Bayonetta, the thing to consider is that Bayonetta never got into Smash to Promote her games and such. I'm not even gonna factor in the Ballot because Bayonetta was chosen before the Ballot was even a thing, but she was most likely chosen/Greenlit AFTER Bayonetta 2 had gotten the Critical reception and Sales that it did, along with the Fan reception to Bayonetta as a Game, Franchise, and Character. Bayonetta wasn't put in under the Promotion angle, and this is a game that was directly funded by Nintendo

I just don't know if Nintendo is looking at Shin Megami Tensi V in that sort of way. I just think with those factors into play, that despite the idea of Nahobino being more reasonable knowing the his Design was made in 2016, I don't think it's what it's gonna be.

I think a way to look at it is through a Character like Rex/Pyra/Mythra. Their designs were made somewhere in 2014, but it took until 2021 for any Xenoblade Chronicles 2 character to be added in, because Nintendo did not see them in a Promotion light. Sakurai and Nintendo waited till after Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a Proven Successful game to add in Pyra/Mythra, because before then Xenoblade as a franchise had been more Niche (it still is kind of niche, but it was nicher back then). Xenoblade couldn't get the Pokemon or Fire Emblem treatment, and this is a 1st party franchise we're talking about, not a 3rd party like SMT is

I think Nahobino, in order for him to get in, is gonna rely on SMTV being a proven successful game, but it's impossible for that to happen during FP2's choosing of Characters, and even it's Lifetime, So I do not think Nahobino will be getting into the game as a Playable character.
Holy wall of text Batman. That’s a lot of paragraphs.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Man, I really REALLY wanted a special edition. I'm just gonna have to go digital, and if somehow later down the line I find a special edition I'm double dipping.
I did too but by the time I got around to it it was sold out...

Lol waiting for the digital copy to unlock is like staring at Christmas presents under the tree for a week before you can open them.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Steve was probably the craziest journey I went on with a character.

I was fairly indifferent to Minecraft. I deeply respected what it did as a game and was impressed by how big it got, but it was never something I really felt had to be in Smash. When the Steve-Banjo wars were heating up, I definitely preferred the latter given my tastes, as the former just didn't feel like it would be that big a deal to me.

Fast-forward to one year ago today, and we get the now famous trailer. My immediate reaction was roughly... "huh". Him coming in his original form was striking and the mechanics shown off seemed so out there, that it seemed designed to be the kind of overly technical character I wasn't interested in. I didn't actually immediately play as him (or Min Min/Sephiroth as I didn't actually purchase the Fighter's Pass till after Christmas that year) and heard a wide variety of opinions on his playstyle. When I finally sat down to use him, I was expecting someone roughly similar to Olimar; intrigued by the core idea of them but simply never taking too it because of the technical nature of the character. A funny thing happened though...

I ended really taking to Steve's whole gimmick.

The crafting of items, careful use of resources, the blocks. None of it should have appealed to the kind of Smash player I was, and yet somehow it all came together to make someone that just worked. That concept on paper, a thing that could have made me anxious or distracted, flowed as personally natural as playing as Bowser or Mega Man. This inherently weird and complex figure from a game I barely ever played, and one I once feared would prevent me from getting the Rare duo I wanted... ending up becoming my second favorite DLC fighter behind Banjo-Kazooie.

He was a completely ridiculous inclusion that worked out wonderfully.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Since I did it for the last couple days, I'll talk about Steve.

Minecraft is one of my favorite games so I was absolutely stoked when Steve was announced. Not to mention a Minecraft stage was probably my most wanted stage so yeah I'm a happy camper when it comes to Steve. He was implemented so well, they went above and beyond for him, it's incredible. I just wish they got C418's music, it doesn't quite feel like Minecraft without that music. But overall, he is tied with Pythra as my favorite DLC character.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I did too but by the time I got around to it it was sold out...

Lol waiting for the digital copy to unlock is like staring at Christmas presents under the tree for a week before you can open them.
The only brightside from scalpers buying all the special editions is it still counts as a sale for Metroid.

I'll probably wait until like next Wednesday before buying it digitally because it would torment me if I bought it now.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So

Theoretically the final character somehow is Sora

Do we consider the legit legit, fake, lucky guess or what?

Will that be the next big mystery of Smash?
Didn't the guy say on twitter that it was just a lucky guess at October 5th? I assume that's what you're talking about.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still wanna know who faked the Grinch leak
I’ll guess it was probably mariotehplumber. Dude’s stacked enough to scalp tons of Rosalina Amiibos, who’s to say he can’t shell out like upward of $400 to commission a replica of the Smash Ultimate banner with a few other random characters like Isaac?

…doesn’t explain the leaked Grinch materials though 🤔

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Can we actually prove it was the same person?

Like, I can go on Twitter right now and take claim for any rando 4chan post.
Fair enough but considering how all the other 4chan "leaks" turn out to be fake and Sora being a common prediction, it's fair to say that it could be a lucky guess. It seems pretty unlikely they would have actual information after the last three characters weren't leaked.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So...we are talking about Sora again, after NateDrake said he isn't happening and how the 4chan leak is completely fake and implies Sakurai would wait until July to get presentation music for a character chosen in 2019 and most likely already finished in that month.

This reminds me of when this thread said Rayman got information killing his chances, then three months later was talking about him getting in without saying that evidence was faked.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Can we actually prove it was the same person?

Like, I can go on Twitter right now and take claim for any rando 4chan post.
no we can’t because if it was fake then Whoever made it probably didn’t think it was gonna look legit and didn’t end up getting evidence in advance that they made it

however if it is fake then maybe that alone is proof they did make it. Considering that person on Twitter is claiming that they made it, weeks before FP11 is getting it’s reveal and not after it’s reveal then potentially if FP11 doesn’t end up being sora it could be a big enough leg to stand on.

we’ll never know for sure though.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So...we are talking about Sora again, after NateDrake said he isn't happening and how the 4chan leak is completely fake and implies Sakurai would wait until July to get presentation music for a character chosen in 2019 and most likely already finished in that month.

This reminds me of when this thread said Rayman got information killing his chances, then three months later was talking about him getting in without saying that evidence was faked.
This happens when the community is starved of info and finds a crumb to make a full-course meal out of. I imagine by December we'll already be looking back on this period with some laughs, especially if the poster jumped to conclusions and Sora winds up a Mii Swordfighter costume.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Not that I think Nahobino is the last fighter, but
Snippet of an SMTV interview

People have used "SMTV isn't out yet" as an argument against Nahobino, but I think that changes if Nintendo and Atlus originally assumed it would release smoothly in 2020 when they were finalizing details for Fighter Pass 2. A 2020 release would've given Sakurai plenty of time to play it and work on a character meant for release by the end of 2021. It's a similar scenario to Three Houses, which went from 2018 to 2019.

So I guess the topic I want to raise here is, how would a game intended for Smash promotion being delayed affect the fighter pack?
It depends on how far they got with the development. If the game did end up being delayed, or there was even a chance of it, then that's why I think Nintendo would have rather not risked it and just went Demi-Fiend instead, where it promotes SMT as a series, but it isn't even more controversial than even Byleth because they have merit on top of the ability to plug the series, so if delays happened, they could always fall back on just using their own appeal as a way to gain profit. If they decided to go ahead with development (which I doubt btw, considering it's third party so even if SMT was next, they'd likely go with someone who just isn't as risky) they'd just have to release them, even if it would probably flop in comparison to the rest of the DLC as people would have caught on to the irony in Nahobino not actually catching on to be the plug that he'd have to be by missing his games deadline completely.

I think another angle to the idea that Nahobino wouldn't be added until closer to his games launch, is that we have a date for this next character. I really don't see why they wouldn't hold it off till shortly before or after the games actual release if they were going to add him. If we're even considering the idea of him being added pre-release in a hypothetical scenario, then there's not really any way to disguise the fact that he'd just be a plug, so at that point they may as well just make sure he releases close to his actual debut. 5th just seems kinda trivial if it was Nahobino. If SMT gets a character at this point, it would probably be Demi-Fiend luckily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom