• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I might be late on this, but don't underestimate Euden fans:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Thank you for the much-needed reminder that I live under a rock. I haven't even thought about most of these people.
Maybe it's just this thread in general, haha.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Are you guys sure you're not just getting punked here with this poll **** lol

edit: oh so there is a source then. But lmao at not putting a limit of how much you can vote

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I might be late on this, but don't underestimate Euden fans:

There's no vote count numbers and from what I understand, the survey was just a random Google link that could easily be spammed to death by promoting it in specific communities (as was the case with that one poll last year where Heavy one). The person who made the survey also doesn't seem to be particularly trustworthy either since it's just a random person.

EDIT:

Into the garbage it goes.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Its still really weird to me we haven’t gotten Rayman yet. Dude was a trophy in 4s base, returned as a spirit in Ultimate, Ubisoft got dlc miis, and has been a consistent request for a while now.

I feel like Its gotta happen eventually.
At least Rayman returned as a spirit. Commander Video only ever got a trophy in 4 and not a Spirit or mii or nothin in Ultimate :c

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Its still really weird to me we haven’t gotten Rayman yet. Dude was a trophy in 4s base, returned as a spirit in Ultimate, Ubisoft got dlc miis, and has been a consistent request for a while now.

I've said this like five billion times by now but Rayman not getting in isn't that weird when you consider how borderline non-existent he is in Japan. Rayman 3 didn't even come out there for crying out loud.

I'm pretty certain the only reason he even has appearances in Smash is just because of the fact that Nintendo published the original Wii U version of Rayman Legends in Japan. That's why his spirit is grouped with the miscellaneous Nintendo IPs in the spirit inventory, rather than with Shantae/Bomberman/Akira/Rathalos/etc at the end.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's no vote count numbers and from what I understand, the survey was just a random Google link that could easily be spammed to death by promoting it in specific communities (as was the case with that one poll last year where Heavy one). The person who made the survey also doesn't seem to be particularly trustworthy either since it's just a random person.

EDIT:

Into the garbage it goes.
"Don't **** with us Dragalia Lost stans, we'll spam your ballot in the name of our 9GB mobile game

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You know what I would love to do?

I would love to be a time traveling leaker. Just... travel back in time and reveal stuff about Smash Bros Ultimate DLC... but do it in a dirty way. Like... leak THIS photo I took
240702420_4427487057308823_5842610942729928857_n.jpg

And therefore lead people to think that DEVIL Kazuya is gonna be playable... when in reality its just regular Kazuya that turns into Devil Kazuya for like a second during specials. But I could sit here and giggle and revel in stupid delight as the people of the past go bananas over "Devil Kazuya joined Smash Bros?" hahahahahahaha

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I've said this like five billion times by now but Rayman not getting in isn't that weird when you consider how borderline non-existent he is in Japan. Rayman 3 didn't even come out there for crying out loud.

I'm pretty certain the only reason he even has appearances in Smash is just because of the fact that Nintendo published the original Wii U version of Rayman Legends in Japan. That's why his spirit is grouped with the miscellaneous Nintendo IPs in the spirit inventory, rather than with Shantae/Bomberman/Akira/Rathalos/etc at the end.
I mean, that still doesn’t mean hes not a well requested character in some parts of the world whos been present in some form since last games initial completion.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

I would love to be a time traveling leaker. Just... travel back in time and reveal stuff about Smash Bros Ultimate DLC... but do it in a dirty way. Like... leak THIS photo I took
View attachment 328375

And therefore lead people to think that DEVIL Kazuya is gonna be playable... when in reality its just regular Kazuya that turns into Devil Kazuya for like a second during specials. But I could sit here and giggle and revel in stupid delight as the people of the past go bananas over "Devil Kazuya joined Smash Bros?" hahahahahahaha
This is fake as ****. Heihachi would definitely be the rep. I mean, that makes the most sense...right?

/s

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

View attachment 328375

I would have leak this with no context.

Enderman-de-Minecraft-debuta-en-Super-Smash-Bros.-Ultimate-con-un-extrano-glitch.jpg

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I mean, that still doesn’t mean hes not a well requested character in some parts of the world whos been present in some form since last games initial completion.
I won't deny he has a Smash following...I just don't think it's enough to really turn heads at Nintendo/Sora.

Like the ballot didn't even really seem to do much considering he retained his role as a collectible in base game Ultimate.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
While we are at it, I know this has been stated many times but I can't help but imagine what it would be like to screenshot the roster as it is now and time travel back to 2017/early 2018 and see what people's reactions would be.

"There is no way they have the time to make all of these characters! This is unrealistic."

"Steve?? He looks photoshopped."

"Plant? You've got to be kidding me. This leaker isn't even trying."

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Personally?
I'd just drop a screenshot of the Cuphead mii costume with no context.

SKX31

Smash Master
To be fair, Banjo & Kazooie have it all the time while Sephiroth only has it at high percents depending on how much he's winning or losing.
Yes, although I'd argue Seph's more impactful overall since OWA's both a snowball and comeback (depending on the situation) - sure, he'll die early some lives, but that third jump puts in more and more work if he's not killed. Although that's a different topic (and related to how I feel re: FP2's power creep and how base game / FP1 characters generally fare).

While we are at it, I know this has been stated many times but I can't help but imagine what it would be like to screenshot the roster as it is now and time travel back to 2017/early 2018 and see what people's reactions would be.

"There is no way they have the time to make all of these characters! This is unrealistic."

"Hat Ken and Ken? Fake!"

"ARMS and XC2 are way too new, shill picks."

"Maybe Morgana is an assist for Joker?"

Personally?
I'd just drop a screenshot of the Cuphead mii costume with no context.
Think you could go better than that.

Dovachkiin and Vault Boy Mii side by side. No context.

:roll:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

For all we know he could be the final fighter.

Fits into second chance/fix theory very well and though debunked he does wear purple.

Theguy123

Smash Lord

View attachment 328375

people who made legit 4chan leaks or questionable ones to the point where they could be believable should’ve done this.

Could you imagine the 40 name leak as an example being discovered during the first pass and not during the 2nd pass where it gained interest and instead of someone just putting “my friend works at Namco and this is sakurai’s list” they just put instead “I’m from the future and this was sakurai’s list for choosing the dlc”

It would’ve been hilarious to see.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Here's a thing I did for speculation on the last character:
  • Who I want: Sora, Eggman, BWD (I'm more torn on Crash)
  • Who I think it'll be: Anyone who hasn't been deconfirmed yet
  • Who would be possible: No idea
  • Who I feel is unlikely: Anyone who has been deconfirmed or otherwise may not make it
  • Who would be funny: Phoenix Wright
  • Who I don't want: Any Assist Trophy
  • Who I Want: Master Chief, Sora, Crash, Leon Kennedy, Doom Slayer
  • Who I Think It’ll Be: Decidueye, Demi-Fiend, a 3rd party that’s not often discussed
  • Who Would Be Possible: Almost anyone who’s not a Mii costume or Assist Trophy
  • Who I Feel Is Unlikely: I’m not feeling a brand new company joining Smash at this point, thought it’s not impossible
  • Who Would Be Funny: Waluigi, Dante, Sans, Geno
  • Who I Don’t Want: SMTV protagonist (He can be in the next Smash), Euden

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The only poll really worth a damn is Source Gaming's. They're the only ones really concerned with making sure their sample and methodology are strong enough to ensure that their poll is representative of the entire online Smash community. Now, it's obviously not perfect and some stuff does slip through the cracks, but it's head and shoulders better than basically any Twitter poll you find.

...Although, I do think it's funny that people immediately wrote off the results because a character they found displeasurable scored high. I look forward to Sakurai discussing how popular Euden was as a request when he gets in as FP11 :4pacman:.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

“Kazuya? It’s gotta be Heihachi or Jin!”

“Sephiroth? As DLC? Why wasn’t he in the base game?”

“What the frick is a Dragon Quest”

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

"Ridley is an immediate sign of a fake leak. After all, Sakurai said he's too big."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom