• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Can we PLEASE not derail this thread because of memes?

Anyway, what sort of Tuesday announcement are you guys pining for? I'm still holding on to hope for a NEO TWEWY Spirit Event but I'm gonna wait til it actually happens.
Wanna see if they will announce a new spirit event with new spirits as well.
NEO is a good pick, but I could also see them going left field and doing a spirit event for a game we wouldn't expect (Like Sakuna Rice of Ruin)

Also, how does one start a thread or a support thread? I may or may not start one out of boredom.

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Anyway, what sort of Tuesday announcement are you guys pining for? I'm still holding on to hope for a NEO TWEWY Spirit Event but I'm gonna wait til it actually happens.
Gonna pull a Gil here and say a spirit event for a game we wouldn't expect. We don't have any Mega Man Legends 2 spirits.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I'll just make the memes on-topic:

We're getting a Friday Night Funkin' Spirit Event, you heard it here first.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Just please give me Tsubasa’s friends as spirits for a belated Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore event

or if you guys want something REALLY unexpected I would go POGGERS over a Darkest Dungeon Spirit Event, just to see it acknowledged

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
But then that would've meant wobbling could've made it back. And before you try to argue, YOU were the one who said "old Ice Climber style combos".
It sure would.

I mean, you could try to implement some kind of anti-infinite system (can only chain moves into stronger ones etc) but wily players would just find a way around it anyway. Why sweat it?

MattX20

Smash Hero

Well, a spirit event is exxpected, but as for the contents, it's debatable. The best time for a TWEWY spirit event was the week of the sequel's release and typically Square events lined up with the releases for the games or anniversaries in the case of Ocotopath Traveller. No More Heroes 3 releases next week so they could promote it ahead of time. I doubt Great Ace Attorney since if they wanted to represent Ace Attorney in Smash, they'd go with the main series cast first

[/QUOTE]

Well, we need some spirits based on Newgrounds games like Castle Crashers or Alien Hominid. (Jeez, I suck at making Spirits here)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh, if no NEO Spirit Event, I hope my three bonus stages theory is true so we get a TWEWY stage with music from the original and NEO

I really really REALLY want Your Ocean in Smash ok it’s an absolute banger

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Anything that isn’t Ace Attorney spirits. Thats it. I’ll take anything else just please spare Phoenix Sakurai.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

IMG_20210816_092354.jpg

Listen up Planck, your equation's all wrong, there's not going to be a NEO TWEWY Spirit Event for yours truly will be the solution to the problem of FP11.

In all seriousness I really want NMHIII Spirits considering we got the Mii Costume

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I am once again asking Nintendo to reveal the Luigi Manson spirit event. It’s been 2 years since Luigi Mansion 3 and to this day we’ve still had no spirit event.

I am once again asking Nintendo to put me out my misery and answer our unsolved questions
Silly goose

We won't get a LM3 spirit event because King Boo is the final fighter :4pacman:

Also, a Crash and/or Spyro spirit event would be nice and a Skylanders one, too, but wow would a bunch of people PROBABLY get angry at such an announcement

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Silly goose

Also, a Crash and/or Spyro spirit event would be nice and a Skylanders one, too, but wow would a bunch of people PROBABLY get angry at such an announcement
“It’s over Luigi…… I have the high ground” he says as king boo rushes to attack Luigi for the pain he caused in Luigi Mansion 3. Would be an amazing trailer

Dinoman96

Smash Master
tbh after all the stuff regarding Activision Blizzard recently, I imagine a lot of people would be sighing in relief that they probably wouldn't be getting a full blown playable character.

I mean, in places like Resetera that actually care about this kind of stuff.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
September is the perfect time to reveal an M rated character if M theory is real since the Nintendo directs are usually rated RP-M

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Silly goose

tbh after all the stuff regarding Activision Blizzard recently, I imagine a lot of people would be sighing in relief that they probably wouldn't be getting a full blown playable character.

I mean, in places like Resetera that actually care about this kind of stuff.
I’d be ok with an Overwatch spirit event. Surprised it hasn’t happened yet

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't know, I don't think Overwatch not getting a spirit event is that weird. If anything it would feel surprising IMO

Third party games series such as Ace Attorney, TWEWY or SMT not getting at least a spirit event (or a costume I guess) when they're having new games would feel actually surprising. I was going to include No More Heroes 3 as well but at least Travis has a costume, though I could see them adding a few specific NMH3 spirits.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Between these 4 companies who are all on 3 reps (unless you count sega and atlus separate) Who do you lot think is gonna be the first third party to get a 4th rep wether it comes in this games as fp11 or in a later game down the line

Konami
Square Enix
Sega
Or Capcom

volbound1700

Smash Master
Hey guys, been a while since I logged on. Been more hyped about Football coming lately.

Regarding DLC, I am banking more on a First-Party for the last representative. Likely LOZ or Pokemon. I would be pleasantly surprised if we got a big third-party like Crash or Rayman but I am not banking on it.

Regarding future DLC, I believe right now the only plan for future DLC will be Spirit Events and minor updates/multiplayer events that we have been seeing on a regular basis. I doubt we will see anything else such as stages or characters.

However, Nintendo is probably keeping it open so in the near future, if the situation is right, you could get a character or stage. I just don't think there are any plans for it at the moment.

IMO, Ultimate will be a hard act to follow so the question will be what will Smash look like on the next Nintendo console? Perhaps an Ultimate port with new DLC characters/stages would be better than a new Smash game. Especially if this is Sakurai's last hurrah with Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Between these 4 companies who are all on 3 reps (unless you count sega and atlus separate) Who do you lot think is gonna be the first third party to get a 4th rep wether it comes in this games as fp11 or in a later game down the line

Konami
Square Enix
Sega
Or Capcom
Square Enix, for Neku/Rindo pls 🥺

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I don't know, I don't think Overwatch not getting a spirit event is that weird. If anything it would feel surprising IMO

Third party games series such as Ace Attorney, TWEWY or SMT not getting at least a spirit event (or a costume I guess) when they're having new games would feel actually surprising. I was going to include No More Heroes 3 as well but at least Travis has a costume, though I could see them adding a few specific NMH3 spirits.
I though about NMH3 too but the game hasnt released yet so I dont think its likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom