• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but “Mario2” tho

went out of their way to say Richter, Gardevoir and Gothitelle were named as such in the demo

but then there’s a lazy “Mario2”

not Waluigi, not Geno, not Piranha Plant, not some other Mario series character

just. Mario2.

come on the inconsistency should at least tip you off that something isn’t right

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hey guys, been a while since I logged on. Been more hyped about Football coming lately.

Regarding DLC, I am banking more on a First-Party for the last representative. Likely LOZ or Pokemon. I would be pleasantly surprised if we got a big third-party like Crash or Rayman but I am not banking on it.

Regarding future DLC, I believe right now the only plan for future DLC will be Spirit Events and minor updates/multiplayer events that we have been seeing on a regular basis. I doubt we will see anything else such as stages or characters.

However, Nintendo is probably keeping it open so in the near future, if the situation is right, you could get a character or stage. I just don't think there are any plans for it at the moment.

IMO, Ultimate will be a hard act to follow so the question will be what will Smash look like on the next Nintendo console? Perhaps an Ultimate port with new DLC characters/stages would be better than a new Smash game. Especially if this is Sakurai's last hurrah with Smash.
Welcome back

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Between these 4 companies who are all on 3 reps (unless you count sega and atlus separate) Who do you lot think is gonna be the first third party to get a 4th rep wether it comes in this games as fp11 or in a later game down the line

Konami
Square Enix
Sega
Or Capcom
Capcom. since it has a lot of amazing possible options and it has the most content of any third party which proves disposition to work with Nintendo.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Between these 4 companies who are all on 3 reps (unless you count sega and atlus separate) Who do you lot think is gonna be the first third party to get a 4th rep wether it comes in this games as fp11 or in a later game down the line

Konami
Square Enix
Sega
Or Capcom
All of them are strong contenders. That said:
  • I don't think it will be Capcom since I expect their 4th Rep to be either Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry or Chun-Li.
  • Assuming there aren't 2 company reps per pack, Square Enix, despite having alot of good picks, may be unlikely due to having Hero in the 1st pack and Sephiroth in the 2nd pack.
  • So I think it's going to be either Sega or Konami.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Konami
Square Enix
Sega
Or Capcom
Tough question.... They all have a ton of content in various ways above and beyond their playable character reps. But I still feel Sega is the one kinda left in the lurch.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
If The Great Ace Attorney gets a spirit event, Herlock Sholmes better be Legendary
Naruhodo: What do you think, Miss Susato?
Susato: I dont know. I think something is missing..... Well, then its time for you to step up and help Mr Sholmes to get to the truth.

"If The Great Ace Attorney gets a spirit event, Herlock Sholmes& Ryunosuke Naruhodo as a duo better be Legendary"

And when the Great Ace Attorney gets a spirit event, this duo should be featured as a level 4 spirit.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Ok but “Mario2” tho

went out of their way to say Richter, Gardevoir and Gothitelle were named as such in the demo

just. Mario2.

come on the inconsistency should at least tip you off that something isn’t right
Well, tell me... what happens when you try to load Master Hand into a match?
1629225732327.png

He's in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But in terms of fake leaks from base period

remember the REMEMBER THE STORY leak or whatever? I remember it well cuz it mentioned Elma but she started a battle in a Skell and got ejected from it at like 50% damage and her move set did not mention any use of dual swords or dual guns

I remember it cuz as an Elma fan that portrayal pissed me off

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I have something to get off my chest people

even though I’ve never played xenoblade 2, the theme playing in mythra’s part of her smash trailer is such a banger and is the best theme to have been played out of all the dlc trailers soo far

It just gives off that “we’re nearly at the end” adventure style vibe which non of the dlc characters have had soo far in pass 1 or 2.

kinda makes me wish they’d have saved pyra and mythra for last as the vibe would’ve fitted the ending better than whatever the last character will probably have in their trailer

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Haven't really been involved in this thread for a bit. Anything new that has come up regarding speculation?
Not really. Just a bunch of theories and coincidences along side some theory’s that still hold up. Nothing ew

Any leaks we should be aware of?
not really. There’s one I shared a few days ago on here to do with the September direct which could hold some ground but it’s not worth talking about much until we know the date of the direct.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thankfully we could be getting a General Direct announced sometime this or next week if not 2-3 weeks from now.

There's a pattern that where that or a Smash Direct follows after a Pokemon Direct.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Just been thinking off something. What if mute theory is real but it’s not what people think. People think that mute theory means the last character has to be mute right.

What if it’s an Assist trophy upgrade. It wouldn’t need new voice lines if they’ve already got a bunch in the Assist trophy section. They could just leave the voice lines in the AT section.

take shadow as an example. He’s not really the speaking type character when fighting. He Doesn’t make a bunch of fighting noises. He’s already got chaos blast and chaos control voice lines in the AT section. You’d be able to just add shadow and leave the voice lines In the AT section and not add a new slot into the menu.

This would work for practically any assist trophy. Not saying mute theory is even real. It’s probably fake but just shoving this out there

Shroob

Sup?
Just been thinking off something. What if mute theory is real but it’s not what people think. People think that mute theory means the last character has to be mute right.

What if it’s an Assist trophy upgrade. It wouldn’t need new voice lines if they’ve already got a bunch in the Assist trophy section. They could just leave the voice lines in the AT section.

take shadow as an example. He’s not really the speaking type character when fighting. He Doesn’t make a bunch of fighting noises. He’s already got chaos blast and chaos control voice lines in the AT section. You’d be able to just add shadow and leave the voice lines In the AT section and not add a new slot into the menu.

This would work for practically any assist trophy. Not saying mute theory is even real. It’s probably fake but just shoving this out there
No, lol.

If we got an Assist character, we'd get them added to the playable character section.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
No, lol.

If we got an Assist character, we'd get them added to the playable character section.
you’re misreading what I mean i think. I’m on about the voice line section where people assume it has to be made into a perfect square. If an AT got upgraded they woud Necessarily need their own voice section. They cools just leave their voice lines in the AT section.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
you’re misreading what I mean. I’m on about the voice line section where people assume it has to be made into a perfect square. If an AT got upgraded they woud Necessarily need their own voice section. They cools just leave their voice lines in the AT section.
Except most Assist Trophies have like

2-3 lines of dialogue.

Even if some characters are mostly quiet, they'd still get stuff like basic grunts.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not to mention, ATs don't have enough voice clips compared to a full fighter. They'd still need to get their VAs to record more.
...and in some cases, they'll need to hire entirely different VAs, making reusing old clips stick out like a sore thumb.

Take Lyn's AT for example. She is voiced by Lani Minella, when Wendee Lee is her modern VA. If they want the fighter to go "Taste my blade!", Wendee should rerecord that line instead of using the voice clip from 13 years ago when most FE characters didn't have VAs to begin with.

Last edited:

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention, ATs don't have enough voice clips compared to a full fighter. They'd still need to get their VAs to record more.
They don't necessarily have to bring in the VAs again. Waluigi, for instance, who seems to be a frontrunner in hypothetical AT upgrade discussion, has his voice clips recycled for just about every spin-off, as do most other characters who appear in them. They would most likely do so again if he became a fighter, as Daisy's voice lines are all recycled from the spin-offs.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They don't necessarily have to bring in the VAs again. Waluigi, for instance, who seems to be a frontrunner in hypothetical AT upgrade discussion, has his voice clips recycled for just about every spin-off, as do most other characters who appear in them. They would most likely do so again if he became a fighter, as Daisy's voice lines are all recycled from the spin-offs.
True, but what if, say, Sakurai wanted the character to shout out attack names, and the pool of voice clips a character has doesn't currently include appropriate ones?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Thankfully we could be getting a General Direct announced sometime this or next week if not 2-3 weeks from now.

There's a pattern that where that or a Smash Direct follows after a Pokemon Direct.
Yes, there have been usually September directs no more than 2 weeks after a Pokemon direct and no more than 4 weeks after an indie direct. The fact both happened a week apart from each other is decent evidence for an early September date for the Direct

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Regardless, we're not getting an AT as CP11

I know what I just did and I did it entirely intentionally :4pacman:
To be fair, we could do with more absolute statements because it's kind of boring how people are like "Who knows who this character could be?" like I know it's difficult to guess but you could at least put some chips on the table or go all in. Like there is nothing to gain and nothing to lose if you're right or wrong.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ok but “Mario2” tho

just. Mario2.

I mean... I'm the kind of guy that'd be A-OK with "another Mario", maybe even a couple. I love Mario enough, I'd go for it. Go full on Budokai Tenkaichi/Xenoverse where you got like a dozen Gokus.

Two right off the bat:

TANOOKI Mario: He is just in the Tanooki suit, incorporates his tail into his fighting style and of course his famous ability to turn into the statue. Plus he's got a multijump and can straight up fly for a bit with Up B. Hold jump to float/slow your descent.

Super Mario 64: It's literally the 64-bit polygonal Mario with the Wing Cap on his head. He doesn't FLY like Tanooki, he GLIDES more like Steve. Like Tanooki, hold jump for him to float/slow his descent for a bit. But his fighting style, much like the N64 physics, are super floaty/janky like the dude can bounce all over the place haha running attack is the dive n slide thing, press the button again for the flip move to go back on his feet. It's like you took Super Mario 64 Mario and just copy pasted him into the game.

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, we could do with more absolute statements because it's kind of boring how people are like "Who knows who this character could be?" like I know it's difficult to guess but you could at least put some chips on the table or go all in. Like there is nothing to gain and nothing to lose if you're right or wrong.
Oh

Is it time?

Are we doing death bets again?

All in on no Assist promotion, undecided on 1st or 3rd party for FP11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom