• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some people in the Discord server I frequent are have argued that if it turns out to be a Great Ace Attorney spirit event, then Phoenix is automatically out, even though Heihachi's Mii costume didn't deconfirm Kazuya. It's really damn petty
Not really, Ace Attorney would be completely new and there's no way GAA content would be excluded from the challenger pack as it's the most important thing to happen to the franchise in the past 5 years, hell, I'd be surprised if Ryunosuke wasn't an alt at this point. You seem to be under the impression that the only people arguing this aren't AA fans despite AA fans being the people arguing that they'd both be out if only one is

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Today on random Twitter games:

Which one y'all taking?
Easily- Yokai Watch.
But I'd be out of my mind if it were FEH.
The Event being missing is weird. Last time this happened, it happened with Monster Hunter Rise, where the Event appeared on Thursday. I'm expecting this to be a New Spirit Event

In any case, I got a weird Question. I was watching this Video about Subway $5 footlong

In around 4 and a Half Minutes, they talk about the Franchising Agreements between the Franchise and Franchisees, and I thought about how this might seem similar to how Nintendo Negotiates with 3rd parties on the Latter. Subway and Nintendo are 2 Completely different Companies, but as Businesses, this seems to be similiar

The proposed document of how Licensing/Franchising would work would be something like

-The Lease, or the Length of allowed use of the Licensed Content
-The Fees, both Upfront and in potential Royalties, that need to be Paid by the Company wanting the Licensed Content
-The requirement that need to be met when using the Proposed content

So the Question I have to ask people, while we wait to see what going on with Spirit event, Is how do you think the Specific Negotiations went with each 3rd party? as an example

Sonic (Ultimate)

-10 Year use, and only apply to Smash Ultimate game
-$10,000 fees
-Sonic alts must be shade of Blue, he needs to have Spindash, Homing Attack, Must use the Current Voice Actor (Roger Craig Smith)

Also I'm sorry I didn't supply the Apex Legends rumors. I was busy, but it seems like people did it anyway and there was good discussion. yes
I think that as long as 'Ultimate' is in play, then the character is going to be fine. This is for any iteration of the game, including ports or future deluxe versions of the game. I am damn near sure that the third parties in Sm4sh- at least the DLC- had this as a clause in the contract (ability to include in Ultimate).
For some characters, I do believe this opened the door for other company partnerships- game ports, etc.
I have doubts that the payment to other companies was much, if existent at all (though, when it involves payment for music royalties, or things of those lines, I think that this may vary). I believe that the advertising by having a Smash character in a Nintendo powerhouse game, was very likely enough incentive. It's also possible that Nintendo preferred this, and even cut certain priority third party characters, when the companies wanted money/too much money. I do, however, think that these companies would benefit from sales of merch and sales of character DLC.
Of course, approval on every aspect of the character.

... It seems amiibo rights may not be included in the agreement, given that Sakurai mentioned something about how Min Min, well, might be the last. We don't tend to talk on this point in these forums, and by far, I'm quite upset. I spent all this money to get the whole set, and far more than a DLC stage or music, not getting an amiibo would really be a 'f*** you' to fans like myself.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Which one y'all taking?
FE Heroes but only if it's Lyn.

If I can't choose the character itself, then Dragalia Lost because FE and Pokemon need to take a break and Yo-Kai Watch is super dead.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Which one y'all taking?
Either Pokemon (the only franchise I care about among these), or Yo-Kai Watch (Level-5 deserves something). The other two would be terrible.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I have searched everywhere for F-Zero GX's seiyuus and I have not found a single trace for them, assuming GX actually got seiyuus.
I'm not sure if you're just using the Japanese name for voice actor or not, but if you are, Captain Falcon's voice actor in F-Zero GX is Eric Kelso. I've found a few sources that say this, though according to IMDb, he (and everyone else except for one guy) goes uncredited.

Lucina still uses her Smash 4 voice clips, so she's voiced by Laura Bailey instead of her current voice actress, Alexis Tipton.
That's...strange. Didn't they change out Laura because she unionized? Maybe they recorded her before she did that and can just reuse the clips now without having to worry about it.

Lucario hasn't been voiced by Sean Schemmel since the movie and Bill Rogers is the species' current VA. However, you could argue he doesn't count since Smash's portrayal takes a lot from the movie.
Yeah Lucario seems to be treated like an OC that just happens to be a Lucario in Super Smash Bros.

Does that matter?
Yes because then we can get a Meta Knight with an actually good moveset. :4pacman:

EDIT: Jokes aside, while I wouldn't personally add him, I do think that if his moveset was used to its fullest, he would be a strong contender for the coolest character in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
This week's Spirit event is dedicated to Mario Golf Super Rush.

I guess they didn't reveal it at the usual timeslot just so it wouldn't interfere with the news that the New Pokémon Snap update was out.
Hang on, let me dust this off real quick...

tenor.gif

There we go.

... It seems amiibo rights may not be included in the agreement, given that Sakurai mentioned something about how Min Min, well, might be the last. We don't tend to talk on this point in these forums, and by far, I'm quite upset. I spent all this money to get the whole set, and far more than a DLC stage or music, not getting an amiibo would really be a 'f*** you' to fans like myself.
When did Sakurai say this?

I know there was some confusion last summer when some people misinterpreted his "We're not sure how many we'll be able to make" comment. They thought he was talking about having to skip characters, but the translation just got kinda bungled. He meant "We aren't sure of the quantity", i.e. they'll make all of the main fighters, but (most likely due to COVID and overall demand) supply might be low on these last ones. He might have even been giving us a heads up that there would be no "Player 2" figures like there were with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayo.

He even made a comment in this last Sakurai Presents about Nintendo making Kazuya's amiibo. I wouldn't worry. I know Nintendo has made baffling decisions in the past, but to just drop one of their most popular physical products right at the end would be stupid even for them.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Which one y'all taking?
These all completely depend on the specific character chosen but I’d go with Pokémon if I could choose which one. If it has to be from Sword and Shield, I would love Orbeetle, Toxtricity, and Corviknight.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Which one y'all taking?
Id pick anythig that isnt pokemon, even Yokai watch even tho If rather have Professor Layton

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
We’re officially around 29 to 41 days till our final reveal.

29 at the minimum and 41 at the max because our last character is probably coming in that September direct which will probably take place within the first 2 weeks of September.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
What the heck. The 8.8.2018 Smash Direct just disappeared off of YouTube. Tried to search for it, it's gone weirdly. Seems it was privated.

It even disappeared from my personal youtube playlist (which, due note, is poorly maintained for updated stuff. so don't be surprised if stuff past steve isn't in there lol)...

1628084391744.png

Update: Here's a link to Nintendo's YouTube Channel with the search results.

Doesn't seem to appear in the results.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What the heck. The 8.8.2018 Smash Direct just disappeared off of YouTube. Tried to search for it, it's gone weirdly. Seems it was privated.

It even disappeared from my personal youtube playlist (which, due note, is poorly maintained for updated stuff. so don't be surprised if stuff past steve isn't in there lol)...

View attachment 325218

Update: Here's a link to Nintendo's YouTube Channel with the search results.

Doesn't seem to appear in the results.
That was the one where they revealed :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:, right?

Probably means nothing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about why Nintendo suddenly decides to private these years-old videos for seemingly no reason.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Which one y'all taking?
Got to catch em all fo sho sword and shield rep
FeH...eh I guess that could work but I stopped playing it ages ago so I'm not familiar with the goings-on with it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Another update, seems like Nintendo UK's version is gone too.

Although, NintendoJP's is still up lol.

That was the one where they revealed :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:, right?

Probably means nothing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about why Nintendo suddenly decides to private these years-old videos for seemingly no reason.
Yeah, it's super weird, but not putting stock into it meaning anything. It's just uber strange lol.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Does anyone else not care so much about company or even game representation and care more about the characters themselves? For example, we already have a ton of Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters but I’d still be hyped for Gengar or the Black Knight. Conversely, I love Tales but I would be kind of neutral on Lloyd since I never really cared for him as a character specifically. The same goes for Sora and Kingdom Hearts. Give me Sheena or Xemnas and I’d be really hyped though.

SKX31

Smash Master

Another update, seems like Nintendo UK's version is gone too.

Although, NintendoJP's is still up lol.

Yeah, it's super weird, but not putting stock into it meaning anything. It's just uber strange lol.

Yup, it's that one. It's gone from other playlists too, such as this one.

It's probably just a massive coincidence (its three year anniversary is coming up on Sunday - coincidentally Sunday is also the day the Olympic Closing Ceremony is held as well), but likewise, I do wonder why they decided to take down only that video and no other Smash Direct.

In b4 another Bloody Tears / Monster Dance happens at the Olympic Closing Ceremony somehow. :4pacman:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yup, it's that one. It's gone from other playlists too, such as this one.

It's probably just a massive coincidence (its three year anniversary is coming up on Sunday - coincidentally Sunday is also the day the Olympic Closing Ceremony is held as well), but likewise, I do wonder why they decided to take down only that video and no other Smash Direct.

In b4 another Bloody Tears / Monster Dance happens at the Olympic Closing Ceremony somehow. :4pacman:
Instead of Mario & Sonic, we get Smash Bros. at the Olympic Games. :4pacman:

I knew this meme would be useful again one day...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maybe a mini Smash direct of some kind on 8/8... 3 years since :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool: were revealed?
Not revealing CP11, but maybe revealing some new content, e.g. better online, surprise new modes, new ATs, etc.
Patched in ATs is an impossible dream for me. GET ME AERITH AS AN AT ITS A CRYING SHAME FFVII IS THE ONLY SMASH 4-INTRODUCED THIRD PARTY FRANCHISE WITHOUT AN AT

and plot twist, only Sephiroth can KO her :secretkpop:

but yes, also new modes, that three stage pack (pls gimme a Xeno X stage with music 🥺), and THE WOL SPECIAL EFFECTS OUTSIDE OF WOL IM DYING HERE. Deadass wanted that since Hero’s trailer

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Instead of Mario & Sonic, we get Smash Bros. at the Olympic Games. :4pacman:
inb4 we hear Ultimate's theme at the Olympics Closing Ceremony

Patched in ATs is an impossible dream for me. GET ME AERITH AS AN AT ITS A CRYING SHAME FFVII IS THE ONLY SMASH 4-INTRODUCED THIRD PARTY FRANCHISE WITHOUT AN AT
WE HAVE 59 ASSIST TROPHIES AND THE FACT THAT WE DONT HAVE 60 BUGS ME LMAOO

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
inb4 we hear Ultimate's theme at the Olympics Closing Ceremony

WE HAVE 59 ASSIST TROPHIES AND THE FACT THAT WE DONT HAVE 60 BUGS ME LMAOO
I KNOW RIGHT

Aerith would make a fine 60th

or you know, bring the Saki AT back… anything so Sin and Punishment can get more recognition again… :crying:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Update. Seems like the Netherlands Nintendo channel also privated it for some reason.

EDIT: Looking through the website, seems to have been privated in all places except Japan at first glance.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Hmmm…something’s up if all but the JP version of the August 2018 Direct are being private by Nintendo. Maybe a teaser if some kind in the coming weeks?

Also, on a separate note, YES I’D LOVE AT’S FOR THE DLC SERIES.

If that were possible, who would you pick? My choices are:
  • Jack Frost
  • Golem
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Tifa
  • Jin Kazama

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmmm…something’s up if all but the JP version of the August 2018 Direct are being private by Nintendo. Maybe a teaser if some kind in the coming weeks?

Also, on a separate note, YES I’D LOVE AT’S FOR THE DLC SERIES.

If that were possible, who would you pick? My choices are:
  • Jack Frost
  • Golem
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Tifa
  • Jin Kazama
Persona: Queen
DQ: Jessica Albert (DQ8)
Banjo & Kazooie: Gruntilda
SNK: Athena Asamiya
FE3H: The Gatekeeper :4pacman:
ARMS but not Spring Man: Mechanica
Minecraft: Creeper
FFVII: already said it but Aerith
Xenoblade 2: THE ZEKENATOR, BRINGER OF CHAOS
Tekken: Alisa Bosconovitch

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Hold on
What if we're getting free echo fighters or stages?

^ I've said that before but never genuinely predicted it.

Didn't we get Small Battlefield around this time last year?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Don't want to keep flooding the thread with these, but I just want to point out something funny.

AU didn't just private their video... they...

advanced privated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom