• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm maybe
If a bonus fighter REALLY happens, it's gotta either be an original first party or an echo.

Could be a bonus stage, too.
Imagine if some 3rd party companies couldn't negotiate characters, but instead stages; while not too likely, that'd be super neat.
You’ve heard of indie miis with music now get ready for

indie stages with music

bro I will KILL for a Gunvolt stage with music, more than a Mii of GV would give

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I would be extremely curious to know why they removed the video on purpose instead of leaving it as it is. I'm leaning towards a mistake on their part; why not also removed the Japanese video if it was completely intentional? Or is there something in the Japanese video from the Western ones?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
inb4 we actually get the mini direct within this week and we hear a certain sound:

As someone who was too young at the time of melee and never played it I’m quite sad to see that it wasn’t brought back for ultimate. Would’ve loved to play break the targets to get an idea of why everyone loved it soo much.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Real talk what if it’s a full on WoL expansion

even if it’s just adding the DLC characters officially to the maps

like what if the reason the WoL data mine slots kept going up was to make the dlc actually available in the mode proper once dlc was done instead of the sudden unlock once you free 10 characters?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Sunday to us is Monday in Japan right? I don’t think it’s impossible
I mean, depends on the time. If I'm not mistaken, midnight over here in Brazil would be around midday in Japan in the next day.

I still think it means nothing, though. I think the only time these things have meant something were for Pokémon trailers (if I'm not mistaken, in the past two gens they privated some videos of the previous gen's titles prior to the reveals, probably to make the new game easier to search).

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

like what if the reason the WoL data mine slots kept going up was to make the dlc actually available in the mode proper once dlc was done instead of the sudden unlock once you free 10 characters?
I always thought it’d be cool if instead of getting a spirit board with each new fighter the newly added series got a special area dedicated to them in WoL.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, and I'm gonna put on a tinfoil hat...
Sakurai finally managed to return back to his studio to record the video for Kazuya's presentation. So possibly while at it, he decided to record the second presentation video for CP11 immediately after to avoid doing it at home once more.
Which would confirm that Sakurai really hates recording from his house and having to prepare dinner for the staff.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

That would be neat.
Though unless we get new bosses and map segments alongside this, I can't see a "direct" get taken down over this.
Also, why wouldn't they take down the 11.1.2018 direct in that case?

Theguy123

Smash Lord

this.

I had this idea back a few pages ago. An expansion pass for WOL that takes place when 2 certain dlc character take down dharkon and a Galeem. We know sephiroth takes down Galeem so I wonder if the last character will take down dharkon and will split the timeline into a WOL expansion which offers more cutscenes and a bit more story.

would probably have to be an anti villain/hero though and not a full on hero because I can’t think of a reason for how it would work otherwise.

I would be extremely curious to know why they removed the video on purpose instead of leaving it as it is. I'm leaning towards a mistake on their part; why not also removed the Japanese video if it was completely intentional? Or is there something in the Japanese video from the Western ones?
yeah I’m sure they accidentally privated the direct in all country bar 1. I’m sure that’s an easy mistake to make. Doubt it was a mistake Otherwise It would’ve happened for Japan as well

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So are we getting some news soon this month of what I gathered here?
We don't know. It's just speculation, personally I really find it way too soon for another presentation.

yeah I’m sure they accidentally privated the direct in all country bar 1. I’m sure that’s an easy mistake to make. Doubt it was a mistake Otherwise It would’ve happened for Japan as well
Then why not privatize Japan as well? That was my question.
Plus they already made many mistakes like this in the pass where they accidentally leaked Bloody tears or revealed the SNK logo.
Nintendo doesn't know how to use Youtube my guy.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Has the direct been removed in just NA or has it happened on other Nintendo channels?

I find it hard to believe an intern simply bungled up and deleted the video if it went down in numerous regions.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Has the direct been removed in just NA or has it happened on other Nintendo channels?

I find it hard to believe an intern simply bungled up and deleted the video if it went down in numerous regions.
Privated in NA, EU and Japan iirc, straight up deleted for Australia

SKX31

Smash Master
All this means is that Nintendo wants to erase the low tier Belmonts after many complaints from scrubs and are erasing all traces that they were in Smash, the next patch will have Shanoa replace the two as a unique newcomer but Nintendo won't make a Presents as they want to trick you into thinking she was always in the base roster
Monkey's Paw:

Shanoa also winds up with three projectiles and amazing ledge trap, becoming another scrub killer.

:4pacman:

So are we getting some news soon this month of what I gathered here?
Hypotheoretically possible, but don't bet on it.

The simpler answer might be a SNAFU within Nintendo really.

Privated in NA, EU and Japan iirc, straight up deleted for Australia
It's not down for JP:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Monkey's Paw:

Shanoa also winds up with three projectiles and amazing ledge trap, becoming another scrub killer.

:4pacman:

Hypotheoretically possible, but don't bet on it.

The simpler answer might be a SNAFU within Nintendo really.

It's not down for JP:

Quick, someone scour the JP version for anything that could hint at our last fighter!

…I’m only HALF joking

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hold on
What if we're getting free echo fighters or stages?

^ I've said that before but never genuinely predicted it.

Didn't we get Small Battlefield around this time last year?
Sakurai is thinking "that peridotGX guy is really cool I'm gonna give him something as a birthday present". Last year was Small Battlefield, who knows what this will be.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I could see them doing one final Smash Direct for Ultimate so they could reveal the final character and maybe some small bonuses... thought Sunday would be a strange time regardless of timezones shenanigans and in general, I do think expecting something of that caliber this month is unrealistic.
At best I see us getting a shadow drop of one small bonus like small battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom