• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This week's tourney is...

Bumper Bonanza! This tourney will be filled with the Bumper item!
Finally... a tourney for pinball wizards like me!

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
This week's tourney is...

Bumper Bonanza! This tourney will be filled with the Bumper item!
I miss the brawl ffas when it was Hothead only set to high with 3 falcos and me. Bumpers only was a close second.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
To move away from discussing SMT V for a moment. If we were to get a new company, who do you think it would be?

My bets on Valve, they’ve put out Bridge Constructor Portal on Switch and seem like the kind of Dark Horse pick Nintendo would make imo. Gordon Freeman would be my choice, though I wouldn’t complain with Scout, Heavy, or Chell either. Especially Chell because that guarantees GladOS content in some form.
Well... there could be a lot.
The two most discussed are Ubisoft and Koei-Tecmo, with pretty solid reason.
I think Level 5 is on the table... but watch it be Jibanyan.
I wouldn't rule out Bethesday (which was a separate studio at the time, not owned by Microsoft).
I would also consider Blizzard/Activision.
Being annoyed by someone talking about a game a lot is no reason to not buy the game if you think you would personally enjoy it.

Personally I got annoyed when people would constantly tell me Chrono Cross was terrible compared to Chrono Trigger as I was enjoying Cross but I still picked up Chrono Trigger when it came to the DS because of the legendary status of that game, and after I finished Trigger I realized that Chrono Trigger actually is better than Chrono Cross and one of the greatest games of all time because of what I personally experienced with the game.

If SMT V is just that good and you aren’t just committed to ignoring RPGs other than Pokémon then you will probably still end up picking it up.
While I do think it is important to like a game for its own merits, part of why I game is because I enjoy the communal aspect. I find it a perfectly valid reason to enjoy a game less because the community is offputting.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
While I don't get why people hate the idea of an SMT character, since they could come with a lot of content, and the series is influential...

Acting like Nahobino's a lock is genuinely stupid. Sure SMT's important, and sure, SMT V is planned to be a major exclusive, but that goes for loads of other series'. And acting like the pass was fodder for SMT... What? Why? If they couldn't do a character due to time constraints, they just wouldn't. They could even do other SMT characters if they want to represent the series. Demi-Fiend is iconic, and the Nocturne Remaster was in devopment for ages (2 years?) Before its release. SMT IV was a major 3ds exclusive, so they could use Flynn.

Also, we very rarely get the obvious character, so even if all evidence did point to Nahobino we'd probably get a penguin from Club Penguin or something (Which would be pretty cool tbh).

Also, saying you won't get a game you were interested in because of an argument on a forum for a different game or disliking the idea of the series' inclusion because of an argument doesn't make sense. One or two peoples' opinions shouldn't impact your opinion of a game that much. Although, I can't necessarily blame you in this situation, since it really doesn't paint the SMT community in a very good light.

We're not all like this, some of us are cool...
Oh, I know. It was actually the SmashBoards SMT community that made me think I might get it, in the first place.
The truth is that I just don't tend to finish many RPGs. I don't tend to want a game to take more than 12 hours, storywise.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Take it as you will but Samus Hunter is doubling down on the smash reveal being in the September directView attachment 324413
Give that this entire pass has had seasonal releases, Nintendo seems to have returned to the status quo for Directs, and September directs have become a staple of Nintendo's annual announcements, I think September is the most likely date to see FP11 regardless of what any leakers may be saying.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I don't believe you.

Real men want to squeeze DQ Slimes.
I’ve always been more of a Goomba man myself.
I'm disappointed in both of you for not mentioning Kirby, the Koroks and literally like 100 different Pokémon like what the ****.

Real men don't just like cute squeezable characters. They want optimal squeezability.

Shame on you. :ultkirby:

You know how in sitcoms some characters have funny habits and traits that they refuse to change and toss out no matter the situation?

Thats what it feels like hearing assist debates.
You forgot about the part where it's actually not funny at all, to the point where the sitcom becomes an existential crisis if you remove the laugh tracks.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
In accordance with the event that was just announced, here's the evolution of the bumper from 64 to Ultimate (plus a Flipper for Melee).

64:

BumperIconSSB.png

Melee:

Ssbmitemsflipper.jpg

Brawl:

View attachment 324438

Smash 4:

The Bumper in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Ultimate:

Assist Trophy

Which design do you like the most?
Twas an inevitability, the Bumper Tier List.
S: Brawl Bumper - Simply a great design. Regal and Nostalgic since Brawl wad my first Smash game.
A+: 4/Ultimate Bumper - Looks like something you’d see at a carnival, I love it.
A: Melee Bumper - Looks different than the others, but still feels so satisfying to watch someone get bonked by it.
C: 64 Bumper - Skipping B Tier, like how it does something different. Still isn’t the most appealing imo.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Give that this entire pass has had seasonal releases, Nintendo seems to have returned to the status quo for Directs, and September directs have become a staple of Nintendo's annual announcements, I think September is the most likely date to see FP11 regardless of what any leakers may be saying.
Agreed, even with the “leakers” stating as such, having a Nintendo Direct in September has been the norm since 2017, not really a thing to be speculated that much at this point.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Eh? I know the Isaac AT didn't return in Smash 4, but there wasn't any music removed. As far as I know Felix Battle/Doom Dragon remained. Actually GS music tracks went up by 1 with the addition of the Dark Dawn Overworld BGM, which is a strange addition to me. We've never had any Golden Sun:TBS music in Smash somehow.
I really cannot talk about Golden Sun without getting a little bitter.
The fact that it is the only continual Nintendo RPG series without a character just makes me angry, when most others get (arguably far more content than they should) a lot.
We don't even have a Djinn item.

Shame on you, Sakurai!
Okay, so assuming this is real.
•We get a non violent Capcom rep (Probably Phoenix)
•A Zelda Character as Bonus DLC after FP2
•Waluigi after FP2
•Perhaps a Fortnite Rep after FP2
• Something from Valve, Activision, Epic, Sega, and Steel Wool

What Makes Us Believe it?
•Vague Statements that fit Pyra and Mythra
•Getting it right that Dante and Mon Hun are Miis
•A somewhat Impressive prediction that fits Kazuya (though I didn’t see much Bamco talk during base.)
•Getting it right that we’d receive content from Gamefreak, Arc Sys, Konami, Monolith, Microsoft, and Bamco.

Incredibly skeptical about this. I could see 1 Bonus rep after FP2, but 3 is a big ole stretch for me. It has gotten a fair bit right, but I doubt it gets much farther. My guess is that it got this far by being vague yet tossing out a lot of big names. It has heavy Phoenix Implications though so thats always a plus :)
This leak doesn't even make any sense.
He says we get a character.
Then one bonus character, in Zelda.
Then suddenly we also have Waluigi,
but the first character post the bonus (and a secret bonus, according to his description, one not even he mentions)
is an additional Fortnite character.

All this after making the direct claim he wants attention.
Cool.

EDIT: I didn't see the date- which makes the other points even more confusing.

I think he means the whole “Waluigi is a joke request” quote Sakurai gave after the twitter stans mocked him.
He's talking about getting more than one more character.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also still latching onto the Fortnite thing I see

for that rapper Mario leak

I still say the Fortnite thing was a troll who made the whole thing up

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
They clearly are, considering who we got as the ARMS rep :4pacman:
Min Min being the most popular character in the game. (I removed my sarcasm here because I cannot tell if you are serious).

Okamiden exists.

Takes place after Okami with much of the old cast returning (or having kids).
How do you make Okami better?
Make Amaterasu a puppy!

Day one purchase.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I really cannot talk about Golden Sun without getting a little bitter.
The fact that it is the only continual Nintendo RPG series without a character just makes me angry, when most others get (arguably far more content than they should) a lot.
We don't even have a Djinn item.
I still remember base ultimate speculation and Isaac. The image that Sakurai posted, the item that people though was related to GS and the really unfortunate earthquake theory......

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'd love for this to be real, but having at least three fighters remaining after Sakurai emphasized that this is the end of Smash Ultimate really makes me think this is riding more on lucky guesses than actual knowledge.

I guess we'll know either way in the near future. I suppose that's the nice thing about leaks this late into speculation, everything has a very limited shelf life.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So have we datamined the tourney number? I know Kazuya had a huge jump in his tourney number.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I still remember base ultimate speculation and Isaac. The image that Sakurai posted, the item that people though was related to GS and the really unfortunate earthquake theory......
Give training wheels to every other RPG, and ignore the best one (obviously this latter half is subjective).
It's a disgrace to the legacy of Smash.
And is probably part of the reason that getting more RPG characters not named Hero or Sora, pisses me off.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd love for this to be real, but having at least three fighters remaining after Sakurai emphasized that this is the end of Smash Ultimate really makes me think this is riding more on lucky guesses than actual knowledge.

I guess we'll know either way in the near future. I suppose that's the nice thing about leaks this late into speculation, everything has a very limited shelf life.
That was posted before Pythra were revealed.

...Does anyone else want a Rapper Mario costume modded in?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'll take Phoenix for the end

And if this guy's right, I wouldn't mind Jonesy either. More western characters at least lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is a bit of an odd question, but say we got Marin from Link's Awakening as a character. Would she have a more realistic design (from the original game or hyrule warriors),
1627437418724.png
or a chibi design (from the remake
Marin - Zelda Dungeon Wiki
)? As much as I dislike the chibi artstyle of LA19, I would definitely give it to her. It's the defining part of the remake.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'll take Phoenix for the end

And if this guy's right, I wouldn't mind Jonesy either. More western characters at least lol
I don't care to play as Jonesy- at all. And quite frankly, I don't see how differently he would work from Steve.
But---- Fortnite is insanely huge, and that is good for Smash sales. Smash publicity, and Smash legacy.
That is as on par for me as my personally wanted characters- I just want what is best for Smash. (non existent baby emoji)

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I don't care to play as Jonesy- at all. And quite frankly, I don't see how differently he would work from Steve.
But---- Fortnite is insanely huge, and that is good for Smash sales. Smash publicity, and Smash legacy.
That is as on par for me as my personally wanted characters- I just want what is best for Smash. (non existent baby emoji)
For real dude,

Fortnite's become a goddarn phenomenon, one of the biggest games of the last decade for sure.
I like the game myself but suck at it lol
If he happened, Jonesy would arguably be one of the characters that practically ANYONE could recognize, including non-gamers. By design at least (e.g. "the fortnite guy")

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This is a bit of an odd question, but say we got Marin from Link's Awakening as a character. Would she have a more realistic design (from the original game or hyrule warriors), View attachment 324441or a chibi design (from the remake
)? As much as I dislike the chibi artstyle of LA19, I would definitely give it to her. It's the defining part of the remake.
Is this in reference to the sequal project?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Do people like the 1 player modes in Ultimate? I loved that coin launcher game .... Heck even SSE was fun to play through sometimes....

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That leak is interesting. I do give it some credit for for getting a lot of things right including the Dante costume. However, the fact that it is quite vague, plus the fact that the person knows so many companies that are being contacted for future Smash stuff, makes me real suspicious of it. I guess I'll keep it in mind but I'm leaning towards the person just getting really lucky.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Do people like the 1 player modes in Ultimate? I loved that coin launcher game .... Heck even SSE was fun to play through sometimes....
Spirit Battles I find fun, and WoL as well! (Even if some of the Spirit Battles are unfair at times)

And Classic Mode’s the best in the series! All it needs is a few route revisions and less fights against Master Hand and/or Crazy Hand.

Everything else I’m kinda…impartial about. All-Star being demoted to a different kind of Mob Smash is kind of a flick in the nuts when you could’ve, say, made it an All-Star Mode where you fights characters by their Smash debut.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
For real dude,

Fortnite's become a goddarn phenomenon, one of the biggest games of the last decade for sure.
I like the game myself but suck at it lol
If he happened, Jonesy would arguably be one of the characters that practically ANYONE could recognize, including non-gamers. By design at least (e.g. "the fortnite guy")
I mean... I'm not sure on this last part.
I don't think Jonesy is all that unique of a design.

MattX20

Smash Hero
This is a bit of an odd question, but say we got Marin from Link's Awakening as a character. Would she have a more realistic design (from the original game or hyrule warriors), View attachment 324441or a chibi design (from the remake
My guess is a more realistic design since the chibi design wasn't exactly known for combat and Hyrule Warriors take for her is technically owned by Nintendo since it's her standard look with more humanized proportions

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly? The more time passes, the more I'm convinced that single player is Ultimate's biggest weak point besides the online.

Classic is arguably the best it's ever been (aside from certain bosses being underutilized) and Spirit fights are fun, but WoL just feels like it drags on forever after you clear it once, and I'll never get why they don't let you redo specific stages (especially the bosses). So there's prettu much zero replay value.

No proper Boss Rush and All-Star modes don't help, either, and Homerun was never really my thing.

As far as modes go, my biggest wish right now would be a reworked Smash Run. If we could't have SSE back, that was one of the next best things, and it had mad replay value - City Trial was by far my favorite game mode in Kirby's Air Ride, to draw a comparison.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Honestly? The more time passes, the more I'm convinced that single player is Ultimate's biggest weak point besides the online.

Classic is arguably the best it's ever been (aside from certain bosses being underutilized) and Spirit fights are fun, but WoL just feels like it drags on forever after you clear it once, and I'll never get why they don't let you redo specific stages (especially the bosses). So there's prettu much zero replay value.

No proper Boss Rush and All-Star modes don't help, either, and Homerun was never really my thing.

As far as modes go, my biggest wish right now would be a reworked Smash Run. If we could't have SSE back, that was one of the next best things, and it had mad replay value - City Trial was by far my favorite game mode in Kirby's Air Ride, to draw a comparison.
To get the achievement of WoL, you have to restart everything. Really unfortunate. I had to play it twice just because of that. XD

I like the 100 man battle. Always trying to better my records there. I also love the classic mode. I will say I miss adventure mode from melee, SSE from brawl and Smash Run. (Wii U weird board game can remain in the trash though)

I dont like much the home run game though.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If you’re interested, I made a mini-creation thread for Smash Run enemy ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom